1Likes
  • 1 Post By 445 FE Bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1978 bronco lifted 6" with 36" tsl got the 400 on her
Garage
Jerry can mounts

Just got my jerry can and mount in today where is everyone mounting them at I was thinking inside on the side. Or out side rear corner panel. Anyone got pictures of their set up.

Monster bronco rock crawler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 08:19 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Don't mount it inside, they leak and vent. Tailgate is the best place to prevent squishing it.
deathmobile2 likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 08:41 PM

Garage
Yeah inside seems kind or dangerous. Maybe the spare tire rack if you got one?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

1990 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0L, AOD

1959 Ford Ranch Wagon with a 460/C6
Lowered 3 inches, Mexican blanket interior, and just the right amount of patina.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1978 bronco lifted 6" with 36" tsl got the 400 on her
Garage
I don't have a spare tire rack yet. I also have oversized tires so I need to find a heavy duty spare tire rack if anyone has any good leads on one I'd appreciate it. Don't like the idea of mounting the gas can inside either guess I'll be working on either getting a tire rack or making one.

Monster bronco rock crawler
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:56 AM
Ford Hoarder

Bronco Info: See Signature
I have had mine mounted inside, its not a big deal if you have good cans. You should vent them every once in awhile. The inside of my truck hardly ever smelled like fuel, but also no carpet or anything in the back to soak it up either. If it did have any smell it was no more then if you had a rag in the truck that had fuel on it at one point. I also only filled them 3/4 of the way full.

I moved them to a bumper style rack awhile back due to re-organizing the back of my truck. This bumper had a spare tire on it at one point.

They are easier to mess with on the outside for sure, however if your careful I think you could run them on the inside too without issues. The cans stay nicer on the inside and are less likely for theft.

The Street Queen: '92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, Roller 357W 400hp/400ft-lbs, SCT Tuned, 4" Lift, 4.10's,
Go Fastish Build: '78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, Full Cage, 4.10's
Build Thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...8-project.html
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 02:08 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
The racks I have seen mount the cans on the inside of the rack to protect them from damage and theft. After swinging out the rack it allows acess for removal and filling, offset to the other side would be your tire mount also caged in for protection.

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode