• 1 Post By MattBeezy
  • 1 Post By Festus
  • 1 Post By Shookin Cats
  • 1 Post By miesk5
  • 1 Post By Scoop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 302 bone-stock. Lot's of work to do!
Garage
Matt's 95 build

New to the group and I was advised I must use this forum for a build-start until I have 30 posts. Picked up this 1995 Bronco about 2 weeks ago from a guy about 20 minutes north of Gainesville, FL, way out in the sticks. He was originally asking $3k for it but I ended up driving it home for $1,000. I've always wanted one of these to restore over a period of time and figured this one couldn't be passed up for the money. I haven't had a ton of time to really dig into her, but there is quite a bit of work that needs to be done from what I have been able to inspect thus far. She has 177k on the factory 302, 4x4 automatic. Several cancer spots on the body that need repair, coolant temp & fuel gauges are inoperable. Dash cracked, some serious back-yard wiring was done to an aftermarket stereo and fog lights as well. The door panels need replaced from the 8 speakers that were mounted in both, needs a new divers seat, the motor leaks oil almost as fast as you can pour it in, the trans needs a new shit pack (so you have to shift it manually now), rear bumper replaced, paint, and the list goes on. I don't have the skill or time to do any of the motor work myself (excluding regular maintenance), so I'm dropping her off to a trusted shop next week so I can get a professional opinion on if the motor is salvageable, or if I need to swap it with a crate motor, before I start on anything cosmetically. The pics attached are how she sits today. I'll update as I go. I'm all for suggestions and help, so please, if it looks like I'm going to make a bad decision with anything, please chime in.
Fast Floyd likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
Never in my life have I seen a forum as difficult as this one to load pics to. Every pic I've tried to load says must be resized, then I do and it will say the pic then has the wrong file extension. I'll try to get some pics up when I find time. I've already wasted an hour trying. :(
Fast Floyd likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
Was finally able to get 1 pic to load. She aint pretty, but she's mine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	size.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	96218  
Fast Floyd likes this.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 06:09 PM

Bronco Info: 95 XLT, 351W, E4OD
Looks like a good starting point! Welcome to the forum! The work never stops on the Broncos.
Fast Floyd likes this.

Fix it, or fix it so someone has to!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 06:12 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo Matt,
Good buy!
Time to hit the yards for some parts.

For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
http://www.hollanderparts.com/
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped.
Can select certain parts
Has Vehicle Pics! They show about 3 - 5 pics for some vehicles
or
CoPartfinder - Your guide to Auto Parts on the Internet
Has Vehicle Pics! They show about 4 - 5 pics per vehicle incl. interior/dash, back seat, front & rear and engine bay.
Can search by year range, such as 92 through 96
Has Vehicle Pics! They show about 4 -
Can NOT Select certain parts

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Can select certain parts
Can search by year range, such as 92 through 96 & has best item condition descriptions such as "COVER BAD LEATHER PWR BKT GRY"
Has Some Vehicle Pics! They show about 4 - 8 pics per vehicle incl. interior/dash, back seat, front & rear and engine bay

Pick-n-Pull Home
This is a Company name w/yard locations in various states

Row52 | Search Results
Has Vehicle Pics AND Want a Part? It's Easy...
1. You create a Parts Wanted Listing.
2. Parts Pullers respond with offers.
3. You pick the best one.
A Parts Puller gets the parts you need.

for obsolete parts by Ford long version pn:
http://www.partsvoice.com/
Automotive Parts Search | RearCounter.com | Auto Parts Marketplace
Main

&
https://consumerlink.oeconnection.com/91554453363118850 (suggested by JScatt!)

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:50 PM

Bronco Info: 95 FSB Ox Wht. Blue Int. 5.8 33" nittos 18" fuel wheels.
Welcome to the family! Lots of info here.

Try using supermotors.net

Just slightly crop the photo and upload it there, copy and paste the [image] insert and itll load right up
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:23 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 XLT Sport Edition, 5.8L, E40D, manual transfer, auto hubs
Garage
welcome to the forum. I have found photobucket to be easy to use as a pic hosting site.
Scoop likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
So, I've taken a couple of weeks to go thru this old tank and really make a prioritized, detailed list of everything I think I want, and needs to be done. I decided to do an engine swap, but first order of business, was to get the gauges all working and the dash pieces that are cracked and or missing replaced. I was, after some trial and error, and a few youtube videos, able to get the gauge cluster out, and clean up some of the pieces I'm going to keep. Ordered replacement pieces for what was cracked, or held in with drywall screws as well. I found a place here in Jacksonville that specializes in rebuilding gauges, and they said they can get mine rebuilt pretty easily. Dropping that off to them this afternoon, and hoping to have it back sometime next week so I can put her back together and get her towed to the motor shop. I've been driving her around town a little here and there, but a transmission cooler line fitting busted on me a couple days ago and sprayed fluid all over under the hood, so she isn't going anywhere under her own power for a while.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dash2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	96602   Click image for larger version

Name:	dash3.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	96610   Click image for larger version

Name:	dash4.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	96618  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo Matt,
93-96 Bronco E4OD Trans Cooler Lines @ 1993-96 Bronco Trans Cooler Lines-Broncograveyard.com

Ask if these are for Broncos with external fluid cooler or standard in-radiator cooler.
MattBeezy likes this.

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Today, 12:26 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 78 Custom, 84 Custom, 69 Half Cab, 74 Ranger - stock, 76 Trail Rig
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBeezy View Post
Was finally able to get 1 pic to load. She aint pretty, but she's mine!
I like the color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shookin Cats View Post
welcome to the forum. I have found photobucket to be easy to use as a pic hosting site.
Same here. I find it much easier than resizing pics to the forum specs. Plus I prefer having the bigger pics show up embedded in the text rather than a bunch of thumbnails at the bottom.
MattBeezy likes this.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Today, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
Thought this was kinda funny. Got tied up at work yesterday and asked my girl to run my gauge cluster to the repair shop on the other side of town, stressing to her the importance it was not damaged any further on the trip there, and she sent me this pic. Good girl! In return for a job well done, I have to take her to the Luke Bryan concert tonight so I wont get any work time in on the truck today as I had planned, but should get some time tomorrow to start working on the fab work that needs to be done on the lower portion of both door panels where some jack wagon mounted (4), 5 & 1/4 door speakers in each one. Not sure exactly what I'm going to do yet, but I'll post some before/after pics once I get it all figured out. Hope everyone has a splendid weekend!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gauges.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	96650  

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode