Rough country 4" lift - Ford Bronco Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pepper0123

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 96 xlt 3 inch body lift sitting on 33s
Rough country 4" lift

Recently I completely ruined my 3" body lift, saw it from a mile away, knew it would happen eventually, so now I have to buy a real lift. Was looking at the rough country 4" lift, not gonna bother with new radius arms, or new leaf springs cause I'm not in the woods that often. Does anybody have that lift? How does it ride and can I fit my 33x12.50s on it without any rubbing?
Fast Floyd likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:13 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1988 5.0L E/B AOD, bone stock+ 1993 5.8L E/B, E4OD, 4"lift with 33's
My 93 has that lift on it. It was on it when I bought the Bronco in 2014. It is the block lift kit using 4" blocks on the rear end retaining the stock leaf springs. The kit came with the 4" blocks, new front springs, dropped radius arm mounts (don't know if it came with new arms), and 4 new shocks. My mechanic told me the lift had been installed correctly, but the front suspension was in a shambles! New steering gear box bushings were needed, and eccentric ball joint mounts and ball joints also to dial the front end end back where it should be. That cost me about $750.00 with an alignment. I am running BFG 33 x 12.5's all the way around. I had a problem with the front tires rubbing on the front bumper while backing up and turning into a parking spot for instance. I took a grinder with a 4" cut off wheel and clipped about 1 1/2" off the lower corner/inside of the bumper and valance. Problem solved and it doesn't show I did anything! The Rough Country shocks suck ass! They follow their namesake and give you a very rough ride. So rough the passenger side mounts for the dashboard broke and the dashboard started bouncing! I fixed the dash mount, ripped those goddamn shocks out and put a set of Bilstein 5100's on all the way around. The ride is much better with the tires at 30lbs and nothing else has broken since. This rig is not a daily driver. I mostly drive it on weekends and have only put on 12,000mi since I bought it 2 1/2yrs ago. I have noticed an increasing, not alarming bit of slop in the steering since I got it. I'll probably be putting in a Red Head steering gear box in the future. The tires had 10,000mi on them when I bought the rig and fortunately were not damaged from driving it with the front end as jacked up as it was. But at $200.00 a tire to replace them, you can goddamn better well bet I'm going to have the front end where it needs to be! That means that I strongly suggest you put everything needed that comes with a new lift on your Bronco to get it right! Saving a buck now is going to bite you in the ass hard! $$$$.$$ Good luck

http://www.roughcountry.com/ford-sus...t-465b-20.html

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode