Missing common ground? - Ford Bronco Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ssisson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco 5.0l, E40D, Electric Shift transfer, stock automatic locking hubs. bone stock.
Missing common ground?

Bought a 1992 bronco with the 5.0 3 months ago and there's a lot of small issues. After fixing quite a few of them I'm down to one of the last, which is my Speedometer doesn't work+rear abs light is on.
I've replaced the rear sensor on the dif. but that didn't fix it, but when I took it to the car wash today the speedometer started working aswell as a few things I didn't know were broke like the switch in the driver side door that tells you if it's open and the seatbelt sensor thing. wondering if maybe it's a ground somewhere?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 04:53 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo Ssisson,
Welcome!
See http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=9229
Go through the year, etc drill
Electrical Distribution
Ground Distribution
G200 serves Programmable Speedometer/Odometer Module (PSOM) aka Speedo, EEC Module, ABS module, Shit on fly transfer case, Speed Control Servo/Amplifier Assembly.
G200 ground is inside passenger side kick panel
Locations in Engine Bay pics: G100 @ LH front of engine compartment on upper radiator support-in front of WS washer/Coolant overflow tank; G101 front of fender apron-between starter relay & headlight; G200 behind RH kick panel; G103 (battery to engine) Lower RH front of engine; Same as Bronco in a 95 F Series
Source: by Ford via subford (Bill K) at Grounds by Bill Kalebaugh | Photobucket

Try the RABS Sekf Test for Codes
RABS Self Test Diagnostic Connector Location pic in a 92; under glove box
Source: by Jeremy M (Big '92, jermil01) @ Brake warning light will not go out.. - Ford Bronco Forum miesk5 note, use Jer's pics.

Also,, Try a Self Test for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)s by my pal, BroncoJoe19
The engine temperature must be greater than 50 F for the Key On Engine Off (KOEO) Self-Test and greater than 180 F for the Key On Engine Running (KOER) Self-Test.

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!

Last edited by miesk5; 05-16-2017 at 04:57 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco 5.0l, E40D, Electric Shift transfer, stock automatic locking hubs. bone stock.
I sprayed down the underside with water, and it works again so I'm just going to thoroughly check all the wires on the underside to make sure they aren't cut anywhere

miesk5 likes this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 06:27 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssisson View Post
I sprayed down the underside with water, and it works again so I'm just going to thoroughly check all the wires on the underside to make sure they aren't cut anywhere
Yo,
Also tap, move, and wiggle the suspect sensor and/or harness/ connector. BEWARE OF FAN, BELTS, PUL,EYS, HOT ENGINE AND a HELPER WHO MAY RUN YOU OVER. Don't ask.... Parking brake on and good to have bumper up against a solid wall or tree trunk.

See my partially recovered Bronco web site ...Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode