D50 TTB ....... - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
YER FUKKED NOW...BITCH!

Bronco Info: 1986 Eddie Bauer,1991 EFI 302, TTB and Spooled 8.8 with 35's .. for now....Carnage is Good
D50 TTB .......

My plan is to run 38.5x14.5 swampers or boggers next year with a D60 front and the 10.25 rear which I have already ... I am thinking that the D50 TTB won't handle the tires size I want ....

..... people have been asking me why I just don't hang a D50 HDTTB under my rig instead of SAS and blah blah .... it has been presented to me so many times I have to ask why this hasn't been the choice for a few who don't want to do the SAS but could very easily swap out the TTB gear for a stronger setup ... a direct replacement from my understanding except for maybe a crossover ujoint and you could keep the lift kit for the TTB already purchased .. if you are lifted like I am

any opinions

http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/sup.../registry/1371

A U.S. VETERAN
- Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to, and including, my life."
That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Author unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 05:50 PM

You'd swap a TTB D50 in place of a TTB D44?

You're not serious, are you?

You can't really reuse any of your lift, anyway. At minimum, you'd need F250 pivot drops.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
YER FUKKED NOW...BITCH!

Bronco Info: 1986 Eddie Bauer,1991 EFI 302, TTB and Spooled 8.8 with 35's .. for now....Carnage is Good
a 50 setup is stronger than a 44 setup is ... why not?

do you know what you are talking about .... D44, D50, D60, D70 ... right?

tell me what you know about a D50 TTB .. I know nothing about them .. I will still do the D60 SAS , but I want to know about these things as people have asked me and I have no answer to give them from practical experience .. figured this would be the place to ask .. right?

A U.S. VETERAN
- Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to, and including, my life."
That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Author unknown
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 05:58 PM
negative creep

Bronco Info: bronco with seats and a steering wheel
the only thing worth anything off of a D50 TTB is the slip shaft (center u joint) as its bigger than a D44 TTB, but you can run that on a D44 TTB if you swap it in. swapping to the D50 isn't going to give you much else for strength, its basically just a 44 with big bearings and hubs from what i understand.

and like seboh said, the pivots are different (beams on a D50 are quite a bit shorter) as well as it being leaf sprung not coil.

D50 = far from direct replacement.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
YER FUKKED NOW...BITCH!

ok, that helps

see, I don't know shit about it as it never was of much interest

the D60 on the other hand is VEERRYY interesting to me

A U.S. VETERAN
Author unknown
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 06:08 PM
negative creep

Bronco Info: bronco with seats and a steering wheel
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 06:48 PM
uh oh

thee d50 Wheel u jionts are bigger than the d44, and use full clips on the outside of the cap for retention....
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
YER FUKKED NOW...BITCH!

what about axle shafts themselves .. any difference?

A U.S. VETERAN
Author unknown
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 07:16 PM
uh oh

Quote:
Originally posted by Damager
what about axle shafts themselves .. any difference?
outer shafts are much bigger. D60 size.
inners are d44 size
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 07:23 PM
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.

Bronco Info: rusty
TTB 50 is also wider, so It doesn't just bolt up. and you have to custom make the coil mounts or custom make leaf spung TTB.
Sound's like more work than a SAS to me.

Ryan McCormick

Fuel Injection Technical Library
Parts replacement is not auto repair, if you canít diagnose, donít open the hood!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 09:27 PM
hates EVERYTHING!

Bronco Info: Jesus loves you!!! I think you're a cocksucker!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fireguy50
Sound's like more work than a SAS to me.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
YER FUKKED NOW...BITCH!

agreed

sounds pretty dumb to have 2 different axle shaft sizes as well ... especially to have a D44 diameter thrown in to boot

thanks crew

A U.S. VETERAN
Author unknown
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 12:37 AM

it sounds like the d50 is what dana did when they had some parts from a d44 and a d60 and figured they'd market it to make a few bucks. is this true?

johnny canuck. superhero extrordinair....

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode