Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Snow Camo Bronco

5K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  GTRider245 
#1 ·
:scratchheAlright guys im paintin the bronc snow camo, anyone done this before? Its white right now so i dont think it should be to hard, anyone got some tips on gettin this done?

#2 · (Edited)
It is just as easy as any other camo job. You first need to pic your colors. Winter camo is made up of white, gray, and black.

White is your base coat, then gray and black are your pattern effects colors. Here is what I would recommend in doing this as I have done all three types in the past, winter, desert, and forrest.

And the most important part in doing these jobs is planning.

Several rolls of 1/8 size pinstriping.
(This will allow you you to layout your design nicely after the base coat)

Several rolls of masking tape
(tape off around each pattern)

Several collections of newspapers
(to cover unwanted areas with the paint you are using

Make sure you have a good imagination picture in your mind on how you want this to look. Take your time and you will reward yourself with the outcome. These types of paintjobs are usually flat colors, not glossy nor semi glossy.

When you are done, then take wet sandpaper and lightly wet sand everything after you are done to blend in the patterns to give it the one coat look instenad of the 3 stage on top of each color look.

A good reference to all these patterns is to look on the web and use google to come up with the camo pattern you desire.

#4 ·
US Army Air Corps (current Air FOrce) did a study back in WWII on the best camoflauge color for painting airplanes---to hide them during an over-the-horizon attack.

Apparently, pink was the least noticable.

Perhaps the grey/black stand out and mimic "natural" breaks in contour.

#15 ·
got done this weekend guys but didnt go with the total snow camo, i gotta get some pics to show ya, cant really describe it very well, but i blacked out the bumpers but instead of doin the whole truck camo we only did around wheel wells and around bottom of everything, looks freakin sweet! my wife thinks it looks like a pile of horns all around bottom of it, ill have pics asap

#17 ·
:madder:banghead
my wife took bronco to damn autocarwash and most of the paint came off!!
gonna try to powerwash rest off but ill probably end up sanding it all off and paintin whole truck again
:doh0715:

#22 ·
Through my many years of experience in doing camo jobs with nothing but rattle can, I have never had paint come off in the car wash. You can spray over just about anything on the body, sand, dust, crap, and it will still stick. It my spot chip due to those elements, but it does cover and takes alittle bit for that to happen.

The only way I see that happening is you dunked your truck in oil then sprayed it. Other than that rediculous idea I just mentioned, BS, and unless you did not know what you were doing and used colors, I just got to call it as I see it.

#23 ·
hahhahaha i hate it when paint peels off in the car wash! happens to my '85 all the time! i shoulda prepped the primer before i rolled on the rustoleum i guess:rofl:

#24 ·
it is ruststop black gloss, i didn't do the prep basicly at all, call bs all ya want but its true so whatever, bought a sanding block and new paint today so it will get done again

#25 ·
:thehand You are not getting off that easy.

:shrug Pics of what it looks like now before you start sanding. Only takes a minute to snap a shot of it.

:bs If not, then I still say BS, if you prove it by a pic, then I will be the first to say :wtf.

:popc1: :drinkbud We all like pics! :popc1: :drinkbud

#26 ·
i already repainted it satin hunter green, i am being completely honest on this, i didnt do hardly any prep at all, i did a half ass job and quite a bit of it came off at the carwash, it was only on the bottom edges of cab, around wheelwells and under the tailgate and headlights, it didnt totally come off but enough of it did to make it look shitty, im getting a new phone hopefully this weekend if everything works out, if i do and it has a camera i will get one on here asap of the hunter green, the whole body is the green, but the shell the bumpers and the rims are all blacked out, but im sol on getting you guys a pic of the first try, my bad:whiteflag:banghead

#33 ·
That's just a green bronco.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.