D44 TTB Tie Rod End (TRE) flip - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Too many broncos!

Bronco Info: 1969 and 1976 Broncos
Going 8 lug, so won't fit.. plus I will be getting the correct backspacing on my new rims to take care of any rub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 05:45 PM
rolling Rolling ROLLING....

Bronco Info: 93 Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86caprirs View Post
Won't you need the spacers for your SAS?

Thanks for the pics on the TTB tie rod flip.
depends on the tie rods you use, the chevy tie rods (what most guys use) have a bigger shank so you have to ream more metal, so you dont end up with the hour glass shape.

Tim

Newest token Jeep owner....

post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 03:14 AM

Bronco Info: 84 FSB with a 6.9 diesel/zf 5, supercharger, and 33s.
The chevrolet TRE's are larger and if you ream the knuckle, it goes all the way down. I do not have the part numbers for them but there are some that have. If you search, they have the PNs for them and the size of DOM.

Not sure about the bottom of the ends if the sleeves are used. There are some that have added a JB weld type and gone from there. If you use the sleeves, there should be enough material to not worry.

SWS

After Midnight Project music. Subscribe and see how good they are, and how good you will feel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HPBejDwWVI

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 95 XLT SAS Dana 44 front Power lock Ford 8.8 rear True track 4.88 gears 6" Devers shackle flip
i know this is old,and i know this has probabley been gone over before, but couldnt find it. do i need the drop pit man arm if i use the 5.5 dever springs. i have a 4" rancho kit now with the radius arms. i got a great deal on the devers but i also want to change the tre flip to help with the angles. any help would be great.
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Too many broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin blue line View Post
i know this is old,and i know this has probabley been gone over before, but couldnt find it. do i need the drop pit man arm if i use the 5.5 dever springs. i have a 4" rancho kit now with the radius arms. i got a great deal on the devers but i also want to change the tre flip to help with the angles. any help would be great.
If you put the 5.5 deavers on then yes you are going to want to have the drop pitman arm even when doing the flip. When you go to knuckle under the drop pitman arm will help to flatten your steering and should improve your geometry, control and handling. In addition it will help your steering a bit when flexed out.

Before with drop pitman arm:

After flip with drop pitman arm:

the closer you can get your TREs flat the better for control and overall steering. you might be able to get away without a drop arm but if your doing this you might as well get one and do it right.
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 10:29 AM

Bronco Info: 90' 351/E40D 38" tires, 4.88 gears, full float 8.8, lockers F&R
While I totally agree that the flip is a good idea (I did it), those pics are not really fair comparison. The TTB will be more "sprung" when supported on jack stands then tires. (Look at the distance between the bump stop and the axle.)
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 02:40 PM
aka: kemicalburns

Bronco Info: 94 357/E4OD - ProC 6" stageII, 35"bfg AT, f/R 4.88's, Front Aussie locker, HS9500, sliders
Garage
is JBG the only source for the sleeves to perform this flip? its crazy how they want to charge me $10 for shipping on such a small part.

94 5.8/E4OD Edelbrock efi intake, jba headers, transgo shift kit. 6" PC stage II, 4.88 gears, front Aussie. Warn HS9500, custom bumper and sliders. RedHead steering and TieRod flip.
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Too many broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemicalburns View Post
is JBG the only source for the sleeves to perform this flip? its crazy how they want to charge me $10 for shipping on such a small part.
they are probably the cheapest unless you can find some off brand website.

Most places charge double the price for just one.. and then charge you shipping on top of that.
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 04:19 PM

Bronco Info: 94 357/E4OD - ProC 6" stageII, 35"bfg AT, f/R 4.88's, Front Aussie locker, HS9500, sliders
Garage
Landshark, do you can the tierods be reused if they are still in good condition. my drag link is a bit loose and will be replaced. any recommendations on a source for a good quality inexpensive drag link.

94 5.8/E4OD Edelbrock efi intake, jba headers, transgo shift kit. 6" PC stage II, 4.88 gears, front Aussie. Warn HS9500, custom bumper and sliders. RedHead steering and TieRod flip.
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 05:30 PM

Bronco Info: 87 FSB, Tru-Trac, Eaton Posi, built 306, MAF, 4" Pro Comp, 33" BFG
Quote:
Landshark, do you can the tierods be reused if they are still in good condition. my drag link is a bit loose and will be replaced. any recommendations on a source for a good quality inexpensive drag link.

Glad this thread was brought back up. I think I will do this when I put my C&T on. Did you ever sell those spacers, Landshark?

As for the drag links, I just replaced mine a few days ago. The passenger side (long) drag link was @ $66.00 at O'reilly and the driver side (short) was @ $19.00 at O'reilly.

"Bronco" John Galt - Evolution build...

Posts #550 thru #559 have pics.
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Too many broncos!

Quote:
you can reuse whatever is in good condition no problem. You can pick up most of the front TRE's/draglink from your local auto store or JBG sells them as well..
post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 11:44 AM

Garage
just got my bronco back from the shop last night. got my tierods flipped, new drag links installed an a new Red-Head gear box. steering is night and day difference. Love it. This mod should be high on everyone's list.

post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 95 XLT SAS Dana 44 front Power lock Ford 8.8 rear True track 4.88 gears 6" Devers shackle flip
i didnt use the sleeves on mine, think i will have any problems????
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Too many broncos!

Quote:
probably not, i know quite a few people here who didn't use the sleeves and haven't had any problems.
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 02:10 PM

Bronco Info: 90' 351/E40D 38" tires, 4.88 gears, full float 8.8, lockers F&R
Quote:
I didnt use them and I havent had a problem yet. (at least a year) I'm running 38" tires, so I'm kind of expecting trouble. I think I'm going to order a set to have on hand.

I might add that if you have a swaybar, you can swap the "dogbones" side to side and flip them to.
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Beach bumming it ........

Bronco Info: 91 Bronco 351W E4OD, 6" lift, 35 12.50 Procomp MT2 on 10" wide wheels, Sliders, and custom bumpers
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark99 View Post
You will also need a 1/2 drill, some grease, and to do it right you will also need the conversion sleeves, i used these:

from http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-...n-sleeves.html

they worked perfectly.

Here's the reamer and the sleeves.

Hate to bring back this thread but I will be flipping my TREs soon and using this write-up.

Question I have is does anyone else sell these sleves? From Bronco graveyard they want $28.08 shipped. Thats $10.08 in shipping for these little things.
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Too many broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltlife View Post
Hate to bring back this thread but I will be flipping my TREs soon and using this write-up.

Question I have is does anyone else sell these sleves? From Bronco graveyard they want $28.08 shipped. Thats $10.08 in shipping for these little things.
maybe call and ask them if they are willing to drop them in a USPS envelope?
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Roller rockers are gay

Bronco Info: 2005 Chevrolet Venture, 1997 Acura TL, 1994 Chevy Caprice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltlife View Post

Bronco Graveyard has a reputation for being fawking scumbag jagoffs with ridiculous shipping prices. God forbid they "break even" on ANYTHING.

2005 Chevy Venture. 1997 Acura TL. $500 beater. 1994 Chevy Caprice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Bronco" John Galt View Post
New nuts are in the plan.
"Kids, they see the good in everything and through their eyes, they open ours." - Hank Davis

"To be easily amused is to live most of your life smiling."
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 04:56 PM
User Registered

Bronco Info: 87 EB,C6,1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnforgiven View Post
Bronco Graveyard has a reputation for being fawking scumbag jagoffs with ridiculous shipping prices. God forbid they "break even" on ANYTHING.
I have never had a problem with any of the orders I have placed. I doubt they will ship via mail though. I have customers that want special attention and act like dickheads when I wont help them with a tiny transactions outside of our normal policy's. Can't win them all.
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Nothing beets a Fullsize

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco (5.8 DD E4OD), 88 Bronco Mudder (Engineless), 90 F250 (Explorer 5.0 4R70W)
Garage
try callnig them. theres another place that sells them but i forgot what its called. also i htink ruffstuff or somewhere has a differenv version of these that only requires a 7/8" drill bit and not the reamer.

btw if anybody needs to barrow the reamer i have one. as long as you pay shipping and dont completly fawk it up. done 3 trucks myelf with it and had numerous other barrow it already. still works fine

-----96 5.0 E4OD--------------88 5.8 C6--------------96 5.8 E4OD------
---------KIA-------------------Mud/Trail---------------Daily Driver------

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Technical Write Ups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode