Forum Rules - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Master Bater

Bronco Info: 4 wheels, 4 sticks and 3 pedals
Forum Rules

This forum is for technical information on "how to's" etc. Preferably, any thread started in this section will have "how to" information AND pictures. For those that are verbally challenged, pictures will suffice.

This is supposed to be a resource/catalog of items for for anyone planning a swap or modification

This is not the forum to ask questions, post pictures that are non-tech related, or to gossip/BS.

Stupid is as Stupid does

mostly a 94 Bronco
wt4wheeling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 03:01 PM
3 wheeler

Bronco Info: 98 Z71
I think that these tech articles should be complete and finished when they are posted. The bronco forums (78-79 and the 80-86 and the sas) should be the ones wehre people say I started my ....swap or what not.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Original FSB.COM Owner

Bronco Info: Another Broncoless Admin
its come to my attention that alot of chit chat and thread hijacks are happening in the tech/write up threads, please try to keep the threads clean, act like adults and moderate yourselves, the write up section in particular is meant to be a source of information and consideration to the thread starter should be shown for taking the time to pass on the info to others, please just try to keep it to discussion of the subject

thanks

Joe
FullSizeBronco.com

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Diesel Gynachologist

Bronco Info: 2001 F350
I have been slacking here with editing and deleting crap with in the tech section. I will however get back into gear and start moving and editing non tech posts again

Ford Senior Master Technician

http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...x.php?vID=1309
Quote:
"The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 06:41 PM
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.

Bronco Info: rusty
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks 351w500

Location: Northcentral,CA.Twain Harte, up here in the mountains
Bronco Info: 88 Centerion 460 Dana 60/10.25 78 Bronk Cromo shafts,Detoit 4.56's lift 7" Deavers 38's 9"rear disk
And Again
Forum Rules
This forum is for technical information on "how to's" etc. Preferably, any thread started in this section will have "how to" information AND pictures. For those that are verbally challenged, pictures will suffice.

This is supposed to be a resource/catalog of items for for anyone planning a swap or modification

This is not the forum to ask questions, post pictures that are non-tech related, or to gossip/BS.

please try to keep the threads clean, act like adults and moderate yourselves, the write up section in particular is meant to be a source of information and consideration to the thread starter should be shown for taking the time to pass on the info to others, please just try to keep it to discussion of the subject

thanks

If you have a ? PM the original poster/Thread starter. Do not post your ? here or it will be Deleted.

I take Prayer Requests. God Bless

Last edited by LarryP; 03-29-2012 at 11:02 AM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks 351w500

Bronco Info: 88 Centerion 460 Dana 60/10.25 78 Bronk Cromo shafts,Detoit 4.56's lift 7" Deavers 38's 9"rear disk
Not trying to willy nilly and just go threw here and delete post or anything. But I have been putting an effort into keeping the Tech Write up section just that, A Write up section It Is to be used as a Reference if your doing the same thing/project.
There are rules for this area that no one/most don't follow, eg.Like If you have a ? You PM the original Poster. not keep posting in the thread. If You need or Feel you have to do that, Go Ask the ? in the noobie tech or the 80-96 tech section. more then likely you will even find the same ? posted many time there already. If anyone"original poster" feels that they just need to keep conversing in the thread ask And Ill move it for ya.

So a lot of threads are going to get cleaned up. Please be supportive of the rules for this area. Thank you All. Remember you all make this section what it is and it has some of the Best write ups of any forum out there.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Driving Stuff Henry Built

Bronco Info: -90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35" bfg m/t. --73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
Hi Larry, here are some thoughts.

I always thought the Q&A after the original write-up frequently added to the understanding of the process. Yes, the original post shouldn't be a question, those belong in the other sections. And all the "Attaboys' don't add anything either. But if you "Clean up" all the Q&A that follows the original write-up, you are removing info that others who read it later should have as part of the instructions. It isn't like they clutter up the original write-up in the 1st post, they just follow it. And often there's good stuff in what follows.

Having the OP answer each question over & over in PMs as suggested doesn't seem nearly as effective as allowing him to answer each question once, & then keeping them stored with the write-up for future members with the same questions. Please leave the follow up info intact.

Thanks, Ken

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links........................Common Replies to FAQs

“Don't find fault, find a remedy.” -Henry Ford
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1990 EB FSB, MAF, 6.7L, E4OD, 4" Rancho, 4.56, 33" on 15x10 Alcoa's
El Kabong,

I think that is his intent. To leave follow-up posts that are directly related to the Tech Write-up and delete personal statements. You are correct in that clarifications and corrections are invaluable.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 03:19 AM

Bronco Info: -90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35" bfg m/t. --73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
This sounds a lot like he doesn't want Q&A to follow a write-up, & if it goes on the write-up thread will be cleaned or moved. Why not leave it there to answer future questions, instead of wasting the OP's time with repeated PMs, or spreading the info all over the site in multiple threads? Questions directly related to the write-up seem like they belong with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryP View Post
Like If you have a ? You PM the original Poster. not keep posting in the thread. If You need or Feel you have to do that, Go Ask the ? in the noobie tech or the 80-96 tech section. more then likely you will even find the same ? posted many time there already. If anyone"original poster" feels that they just need to keep conversing in the thread ask And Ill move it for ya.

So a lot of threads are going to get cleaned up.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks 351w500

Quote:
Originally Posted by plug ugly View Post

That there are the rules of this section El Kabong I didn't make them. I'm not going to get rid of everything Just going to try and keep it a lot cleaner. before 3 other mods/admin took care of this section and everything got deleted then. If you go back and look at write ups from the first 2 yrs of this section you will see how much neater they look.

It gets a little confusing in a lot of the write ups when there is 4 pages of ppl talking and throwing their opinions of how they would do it.

Ill get back to you later on this bud If I can I have to get ready for work God Bless

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks 351w500

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:

I understand that ^ rule to say that a new thread, i.e. the original post of a thread, should not ask question. Those should be asked elsewhere. That makes sense. I read that rule to say if someone wants to start a thread to ask how to fix their Bronco, this is not the place to start that thread. I don't think its intent is to say that there can't be follow up questions & answers related to the Write-up, but is focused on keeping the "How Do I" threads in other sections.

It seems like these 2 threads, started by plug ugly:
saginaw swap
Twin sticks for a E40D
are examples of the original intent of this section. If that rule was intended to keep followup questions out of this section, why does he allow and answer them in his own threads?

To delete the follow up questions & answers in a Write-up seems like a waste of good info provided by many members over the years. It may appear neater, but to lose that info for neatness defeats the purpose of someone trying to share their knowledge with the rest of us. To suggest that people PM the OP instead to ask those questions is kinda silly. Those questions & answers can help many of us if allowed in the open forum. If someone doesn't want to waste their time reading the followup, they don't have to read past the 1st post. But for the rest of us, frequently the followup can clarify the process shown in the writeup. And many times the alternate methods that are added by others are edited into the original writeup by the OP making it better. Even in that twin stick link above a gusset is added at the suggestion of someone who tossed in how he would do it. Alternate ideas can be an improvement. Sometimes they're not. Let us read them & choose which approach fits our build the best. We are better together as a group than we are by ourselves.

If I understand this rule wrong, & its intent is to keep us from asking followup questions, you folks should change the rule. That info is part of what makes FSB such a great resource. Removing it, or removing the opportunity for future followup Q&A, will only reduce the quality of this site. It might look neater, but it will be less of "a resource/catalog of items for for anyone planning a swap or modification".

Thanks for thinking about this,
Ken

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco, 47 Binder
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
To delete the follow up questions & answers in a Write-up seems like a waste of good info provided by many members over the years. It may appear neater, but to lose that info for neatness defeats the purpose of someone trying to share their knowledge with the rest of us. To suggest that people PM the OP instead to ask those questions is kinda silly. Those questions & answers can help many of us if allowed in the open forum. If someone doesn't want to waste their time reading the followup, they don't have to read past the 1st post. But for the rest of us, frequently the followup can clarify the process shown in the writeup. And many times the alternate methods that are added by others are edited into the original writeup by the OP making it better. Even in that twin stick link above a gusset is added at the suggestion of someone who tossed in how he would do it. Alternate ideas can be an improvement. Sometimes they're not. Let us read them & choose which approach fits our build the best. We are better together as a group than we are by ourselves.

If I understand this rule wrong, & its intent is to keep us from asking followup questions, you folks should change the rule. That info is part of what makes FSB such a great resource. Removing it, or removing the opportunity for future followup Q&A, will only reduce the quality of this site. It might look neater, but it will be less of "a resource/catalog of items for for anyone planning a swap or modification".

Thanks for thinking about this,
Ken
And I totally agree with you. If it is thread specific Q+A I see no reason for the deletion of said material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plug ugly View Post
And in my opinion (which I'm sure was the intent of Plug's post) if it is tech specific to the thread at hand it should stay.

Last edited by Ranger429; 04-11-2012 at 02:08 PM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 04:59 AM
Thanks 351w500

Quote:
And Again
Forum Rules

Before you ask a ? Read the thread or better yet search the forum for the answer cause the answer is here.

bump
please try to keep the threads clean, act like adults and moderate yourselves, the write up section in particular is meant to be a source of information and consideration to the thread starter should be shown for taking the time to pass on the info to others, please just try to keep it to discussion of the subject

thanks

If you have a ? PM the original poster/Thread starter. Do not post your ? here or it will be Deleted.
bump

Last edited by LarryP; 10-17-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Technical Write Ups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode