Ontario Bronco owners sound off. - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 08:58 PM

Thumbs up We Are Here

Hi Rick
I am in Chalk River Ontario, home of the big nuke AECL, I recently bought a 94 XLT, I was amazed and pleased as this is the first vehicle that required nothing for a safety check, the body is perfect with the exception of one rear quarter, minor detail
I have an Arctic plow system I want to put on it soon as I figure out how they mount, I also have an 89 Bronco II that I bought this summer but its up for sale to pay for mods on my full size
Glad to be part of Full Size Bronco, Ontario Chapter HOOOORAAAAAA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Ned

Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco Custom, 351M with headers and full dual exhaust, MSD "Street Fire" ignition upgrade.
Talking Welcome Winkiesdad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkiesdad View Post
Hi Rick
I am in Chalk River Ontario, home of the big nuke AECL, I recently bought a 94 XLT, I was amazed and pleased as this is the first vehicle that required nothing for a safety check, the body is perfect with the exception of one rear quarter, minor detail
I have an Arctic plow system I want to put on it soon as I figure out how they mount, I also have an 89 Bronco II that I bought this summer but its up for sale to pay for mods on my full size
Glad to be part of Full Size Bronco, Ontario Chapter HOOOORAAAAAA

I'm not a fortune teller but I fore see many enjoyable rides in that Bronco, may I suggest removing the top for improved enjoyment

You will of course need the special torques security bit to remove those cap bolts, any good automotive tool place should be able to help you out there.

Also Jeffs Bronco Graveyard now makes a convertible top to fit your Bronco,
They only advertise it to 92 because of the third tail light rule but I believe it bolts onto your Bronco too.

Rick.

3G 135 amp alternator install
Griffin All Aluminum Rad installed
Custom nerf bars installed
Next MSD TB Fuel Injection install.
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 01:20 AM

Not mine, but Brent Campbell's from the Ontario Off Road Racing Association. www.ooraonline.com He was leading the points up until the last race...mostly because he finished almost every race...almost... You guys should come out to one of the races...it is usually a pretty good time. The pits are open, so you can wander around and check out the vehicles. The guys are all very friendly and love to talk about their rigs. We all camp and have a good time on Saturday night!

1. Paris May Race

2. Paris May Race

3. Paris July Race

4. Paris July Race

5. Baltimore July Race

6. Baltimore July Race

7. Baltimore July Race With His Competition

8. His Competition at Paris

post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Ned

Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco Custom, 351M with headers and full dual exhaust, MSD "Street Fire" ignition upgrade.
It looks like a lot of fun.

I'll check out the link you posted.

Rick.

post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 02:22 AM

Hey everyone, I used to own an 83 Ford Bronco XLT which used to be my parents! As a kid, the back light in the cargo hold near the wheel well used to be like a night light for me. haha. When I turned 16 it became mine. But at that point it was in such bad shape I had to get rid of it. But I just found an 85 Bronco which I'm going to go look at tomorrow! Wish that she is in decent shape! lol
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Ned

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchox View Post
Hey everyone, I used to own an 83 Ford Bronco XLT which used to be my parents! As a kid, the back light in the cargo hold near the wheel well used to be like a night light for me. haha. When I turned 16 it became mine. But at that point it was in such bad shape I had to get rid of it. But I just found an 85 Bronco which I'm going to go look at tomorrow! Wish that she is in decent shape! lol
What part of Canada are you from?

Rick.

post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 08:02 PM

Sorry for the year long delay lol Thunder Bay originally but currently in Toronto! The Bronco I was gonna go look at was rotten! Found a 94 im gonna look at on my next day off though!
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 11:25 PM

Bronco Info: 93 EB x2, 1990 C350 diesel, 1978 xlt Jade green
Well I bought a 1996 EB a couple months ago, and was planning on building it into an offroader, but last week I picked up an 86 that I'm going to build instead.

the 96 is stock with 320,000km massair 5.8 E4OD, 31s and 3.08 gears.

the 86 has 351 HO C6 208 , 4.10 TTB front w/new 8"superlift, 9" 4.10 rear with homemade lift blocks. no idea of actual miles. 44" MT FCs
rear wheel wells cut out . roll cage in the rear , interior pretty well stripped.
(this is the way I got it)

my plans for the 86:
dana 60 front detroit locker on 5.13s (F350 diesel leafs)
dana 70 rear powerlock on 5.13s (F350 4" blocks)
15"x10" 8bolt wheels w/39.5 15" swampers
will be trimming front fenders to match rears.
maybe a ZF 5spd at a later date.

my plans for the 96:
1997 7.3 PSD E4OD
Diesel front coils
then if I like how it works................
drop I beams, and a rear axle flip. probably put a 9" in then.

also have a parts 79 sunrise Bronco, 78 Texas shell/frame, 72 Bronco roadster summer toy stock except for a 351W

and I will be at the Ford/Mercury truck nationals on Aug 22, with either the 68 Merc or the 72 Bronco. haven't missed it in years!

too many Fords?
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Ned

Talking Cool, I'll be there with my 79 Bronco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Mercury250Ranger View Post
Well I bought a 1996 EB a couple months ago, and was planning on building it into an offroader, but last week I picked up an 86 that I'm going to build instead.

the 96 is stock with 320,000km massair 5.8 E4OD, 31s and 3.08 gears.

the 86 has 351 HO C6 208 , 4.10 TTB front w/new 8"superlift, 9" 4.10 rear with homemade lift blocks. no idea of actual miles. 44" MT FCs
rear wheel wells cut out . roll cage in the rear , interior pretty well stripped.
(this is the way I got it)

my plans for the 86:
dana 60 front detroit locker on 5.13s (F350 diesel leafs)
dana 70 rear powerlock on 5.13s (F350 4" blocks)
15"x10" 8bolt wheels w/39.5 15" swampers
will be trimming front fenders to match rears.
maybe a ZF 5spd at a later date.

my plans for the 96:
1997 7.3 PSD E4OD
Diesel front coils
then if I like how it works................
drop I beams, and a rear axle flip. probably put a 9" in then.

also have a parts 79 sunrise Bronco, 78 Texas shell/frame, 72 Bronco roadster summer toy stock except for a 351W

and I will be at the Ford/Mercury truck nationals on Aug 22, with either the 68 Merc or the 72 Bronco. haven't missed it in years!
And my 78 Beachcomber fibreglass Travel trailer

post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 01:20 AM

Bronco Info: 93 EB x2, 1990 C350 diesel, 1978 xlt Jade green
I'm just under an hour from Arthur, I usually go on sunday only because thats when more trucks are there!

i'll see if my BIL will lend me his tow dolly and tow the Roadster behind the Merc
that should get some looks

too many Fords?
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Ned

Cool the more the merrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Mercury250Ranger View Post
I'm just under an hour from Arthur, I usually go on sunday only because thats when more trucks are there!

i'll see if my BIL will lend me his tow dolly and tow the Roadster behind the Merc
that should get some looks

Sounds like it would be enjoyed by all the Ford nuts attending.

post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 04:39 PM

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco Ranger XLT
79 Bronco XLT, It started as a rust free weekend mud truck in the everglades,and I am bringing back to stock looks inside and out. Has a 4 inch lift, 36x14.5x15 M/t's. Trying to have it ready for paint at the end of the month,but work keeps getting in the way. I am only 10 mins from Arthur,and if I am not to hung over I make it over there. We have an annual party at out house this weekend and it keeps getting bigger every year. Everyone that stay sets up tents or just passes out in the field!
post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 11:04 AM
4:20 Enthusiast!

Bronco Info: 82 Bronco 300/4.9,wee little stock carb. T-18.NP 208,9" Gotta love stock!
Another from Ontario here!
Its hard to find a rust free Bronco in Ontario!lol I have been looking up here for yrs and they are really getting to be a rare find.
I dream of going to Texas for one as I am redoing the body work on my 81 again.
Is there a good place to find full rear quarter panels in Ontario?
I am up North of sudbury but I will go to Toronto and get stuck in traffic for a while if I can find the parts!
post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Ned

Talking If you have a Napa or UAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watch492 View Post
Another from Ontario here!
Its hard to find a rust free Bronco in Ontario!lol I have been looking up here for yrs and they are really getting to be a rare find.
I dream of going to Texas for one as I am redoing the body work on my 81 again.
Is there a good place to find full rear quarter panels in Ontario?
I am up North of sudbury but I will go to Toronto and get stuck in traffic for a while if I can find the parts!

They are dealers for Cross Canada body panels, go on the Cross Canada website to check out their parts, they will have what you're looking for.

post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 03:59 PM

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco Ranger XLT
I had to go to florida and trailer mine back. I looked at a few locally in Ontario and all of them were rusted more than I wanted to tackle. Even the rust free stuff is a lot of work trying to get it straight and undoing all the redneck modifacations that were done to it. The PO gutted the interior,and installed some really cheap racing buckets. It had 30 years of dents,but it was still cheaper to go down there and tow it home,and replace all the interior than it would have been to do all the rust repair on a canadian truck.
If you have a collision shop near you try them. The supplier they use will be able to get panels for your truck, or as Ned mention an local auto parts supplier should be able to get them for you.
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 09:12 PM
4:20 Enthusiast!

Bronco Info: 82 Bronco 300/4.9,wee little stock carb. T-18.NP 208,9" Gotta love stock!
Fenders,quarters and doors are the easy part.
My cab corners were well decorated when I bought the truck,so were the pillars. I want a solid truck to play with.lol Seam sealer can only do so much! A 79 or older would do it for me!lol Another early 80's wouldn't be so bad either except I would have to an axle swap.
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:42 PM

Bronco Info: 1989 v8 302 5.0 and a 1969 302 5.0
hey im in ottawa and got into broncos about 2years ago when i purchased an 89 bronco xlt 302 since then ive used it as my daily driver and the rust has built up but i still love it. This june i purchased a 69 EB with a 302 5.0 three on the tree.. The plan is to restore the 69 this winter and put it on the road next summer and at that point start the body work on the 89.

If anyone knows of parts and or local swap meats im always interested and shopping for the next project
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 11:55 PM

Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco XLT, 4.9L, 4spd, 6" SL, 3" BL, 36X13.5x15 IROK, Soft-top, Cut-out flares, ID Max sub
Hey all. This is my first post on the FSB forums, so I better make it count. Ill probably copy this thread into the introductions thread as well. Name is Adam, located near Oshawa Ontario. On Friday, Sept 17/10, I bought myself my very first truck, which is a year older than me by the way, a 1985 Ford Bronco XLT with the 300ci straight 6 mated to a 4spd manual tranny, both with 122,000 original kms. Not sure what gears are in it, but Im going to assume whatever was stock in the truck when built. It had a body restoration last year, so its in very good shape (rust wise, few scratches and dings, but its a truck!) and a 3" body lift. The transfer case has been rebuilt as has the sending unit. It also came with the bush bar and a set of winter tires on stock steelies. Here are some pics I took with my phone:

I plan on getting some better ones once I get the safety done and get it on the road (hopefully tomorrow or thursday). Currently looking for a good set of 33x12.5x15 tires and a full interior in BLUE. (Dont care much for the red on blue lol). Also, if anyone has any insights as to why my fuel gauge doesnt work, Id love to hear some replies. The sending unit was just rebuilt, so I dont think its that. Maybe just a bad wire on the back of the gauge? Shoot some suggestions over. Im definately going to have alot of questions for you guys, as I have been a GM car guy since Ive got my license. This is my current pride and joy that Ive had for just over a year, but have accumulated parts for with previous cars for the past 5 years

I give you my 1999 Pontiac Sunfire GT Convertible:

Quick list of major mods: 2.2L Ecotec Engine swap with a Saab 9-3 turbo setup, air ride suspension, big brakes, 19" wheels, body kit with 2003+ rear end conversion, full custom audio, etc.

So ya, the convertible is going away to the paint shop this winter, so the Bronco is my winter toy :) (and Ill probably drive it year round next year if I enjoy it as much as I think Im going to)
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 10:03 PM

and as spotted in the back ground of adams 7th pic......

my fully loaded 85, again from bowmanville ont :)

future plans? make it pass a saftey and try and make it threw the winter lol :) than after that steering stablizer and a soft top
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Ned

Talking You guys are close I'm in Courtice

Maybe you've seen me in the 79 Jade Green Bronco with the soft top.

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode