AZ FACTION - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum
 161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco, FI 460/1995 RIP
Alright... the Bronco is officially back in action, finally. What a fawkin ordeal!

Lookin forward to the 16th boyz... hope we have a a good turnout!

My other car has doors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Bronco Master

Bronco Info: 87 Bronco...in progress
I actually drove mine across town on Saturday, and did some maintainence on it Sunday. I think I'm going to Tucson next weekend for some function with the woman.
post #63 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 03:39 PM

Great !!! We went out yesterday Shane and had a great time running the coves and enjoying the water, but Gauge forgot the food, shade and grill...
Jason ragged on him the whole time..
post #64 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer SAS in the works
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjzonie View Post
Great !!! We went out yesterday Shane and had a great time running the coves and enjoying the water, but Gauge forgot the food, shade and grill...
Jason ragged on him the whole time..

I was not told to bring anything . Being as late in the day as it was I figured everyone would have eaten before they came out. I did .

Plus Jason didnt even think i was commin out. So if i wouldnt have showed up there still wouldnt have been any food.

Next weekend Ill be sure to bring the items above. Were gonna need more than one grill though, so shane dont forget yours and jason needs to buy some shade and a grill

Oh, and it was nice meeting you bill. Next time ill make it up that hill on the first try.
post #65 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 09:02 PM

Bronco Info: 96 XLT w/ a few thangs and more to come
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauge View Post

I was not told to bring anything . Being as late in the day as it was I figured everyone would have eaten before they came out. I did .

Plus Jason didnt even think i was commin out. So if i wouldnt have showed up there still wouldnt have been any food.

Next weekend Ill be sure to bring the items above. Were gonna need more than one grill though, so shane dont forget yours and jason needs to buy some shade and a grill

Oh, and it was nice meeting you bill. Next time ill make it up that hill on the first try.
Yeah I do need another shade since mine (you remember the one you got 2 enjoy) got destroyed on the last on run. The grill yeah.. I better get one so you don't go trying to throw my cooler on after the food runs out on yours

Can't wait till the next run. Shane, glad to hear you got your Bronco back up and runnin. Time for some fun now
post #66 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Fullsize Member

Well, the Bronco is testing me. Caught on fire Monday. Luckily, very minor under hood damage was done. Melted some heat foam, some insulation and some vacuum lines. If I cant get them fixed by Sunday, maybe our collective Bronco heads can at least figure out where they go.

Now for the bad news... that trans swap I did didnt help. Its still doing the stall out when I stop thing it was doing before. I have absolutely no idea where to go with this from here. Maybe I shoulda just let her burn to the ground Monday.

Anyways, its running and I unless it just completely shits the bed before Sunday, I will be there in it.

Will bring my grill and canopy.

My other car has doors.
post #67 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane C. View Post
Well, the Bronco is testing me. Caught on fire Monday. Luckily, very minor under hood damage was done. Melted some heat foam, some insulation and some vacuum lines. If I cant get them fixed by Sunday, maybe our collective Bronco heads can at least figure out where they go.

Now for the bad news... that trans swap I did didnt help. Its still doing the stall out when I stop thing it was doing before. I have absolutely no idea where to go with this from here. Maybe I shoulda just let her burn to the ground Monday.

Anyways, its running and I unless it just completely shits the bed before Sunday, I will be there in it.

Will bring my grill and canopy.
Calling Wild Bill... need your help on this one bud. My advise would only furter the prblem on this deal

Pics from last run:

post #68 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Fullsize Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast01 View Post
My advise would only furter the prblem on this deal
Your 96 probly has the same vacuum set up as my 95... if I havent gotten any answers on the vac line routing by Sunday, you and your rig will come in handy

Believe it or not, I am more pissed off about the trans deal than I am about the F'ing fire...

Speaking of Sunday... cant wait guys. Beers and lake sound like heaven right now... who all is coming anyways???

My other car has doors.
post #69 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Your 96 probly has the same vacuum set up as my 95... if I havent gotten any answers on the vac line routing by Sunday, you and your rig will come in handy

Believe it or not, I am more pissed off about the trans deal than I am about the F'ing fire...

Speaking of Sunday... cant wait guys. Beers and lake sound like heaven right now... who all is coming anyways???
I have got a haynes manual. We could look at that and my Bronco but, I had a recent finicial obligation (my kids first week of school) to deal with. Its gonna be a stretch for me to go on Sunday.

I have got my like new Pelican 1660 case up for sale on a military site and elswhere. If I can get it sold, I will definately be good to go on Sunday.....
post #70 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 12:31 AM

What kids, (Bud wiser, Jack, or Red) LOL

Hey Shane we need to get together to figure this out, but I have a clue...call me...
post #71 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Diesel Gynachologist

Bronco Info: 2001 F350
did you replace the converter when you did the trans?

Ford Senior Master Technician

http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...x.php?vID=1309
Quote:
"The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."
post #72 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Fullsize Member

Will give you a call Bill...

Dustin,

Nope, I didnt put a new torque converter in. What I did do, is swap the old 160k 95 E4OD for a low mileage (was told about 50k) 96 E4OD. I used the converter from the 96 in the swap. I had it leak tested and it passed and the guys at the shop said it looked almost new, so I used it.

Is what is weird is its exhibiting the exact same issues as the 95 trans did, and it started doing it immediatley after the swap. I suppose it is possible both had the same problem, but I am really beginning to think this is outside the trans. Possibly a wiring issue or a bad signal either to or from the PCM...

Something else I havent mentioned yet... the pigtail that plugs into the solenoid pack was a mess. All, (and I mean every last one) of the wires coming out of the pigtail were exposed (heat and time got to them I guess) and I am sure had crossed and touched eachother multiple times. I wonder if that caused a short or something to go bad??

To be honest, I am not really sure where to start looking at this point. I think I need to do some research and figure out how the information flows between the VSS, PCM, PSOM, solenoid pack, etc and begin to try and diagnose anything that may be shot and causing wrong signals to be sent/recieved... or am I way off here???

My other car has doors.
post #73 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 03:00 PM

If we get everyone that says there going to this trip, we should have between 10 to 12 vehicles or more.. this could be a great party trip..
Food, beverages,sun, lake and 4 wheeling. What could be better Don't say it.................
post #74 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjzonie View Post
If we get everyone that says there going to this trip, we should have between 10 to 12 vehicles or more.. this could be a great party trip..
Food, beverages,sun, lake and 4 wheeling. What could be better Don't say it.................
I might be camping out there saturday night with my dad. I can save us a big ass spot in one of the coves if you guys want. If so, what cove? I think the third cove would be best for setting up shade plus you get a better view of the lake and don't have to deal with so many idiots. Its up to you guys.
post #75 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 04:01 PM

The third cove is nice but not enough parking for a large group
post #76 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Diesel Gynachologist

Bronco Info: 2001 F350
Quote:
Will give you a call Bill...

Dustin,

Nope, I didnt put a new torque converter in. What I did do, is swap the old 160k 95 E4OD for a low mileage (was told about 50k) 96 E4OD. I used the converter from the 96 in the swap. I had it leak tested and it passed and the guys at the shop said it looked almost new, so I used it.

Is what is weird is its exhibiting the exact same issues as the 95 trans did, and it started doing it immediatley after the swap. I suppose it is possible both had the same problem, but I am really beginning to think this is outside the trans. Possibly a wiring issue or a bad signal either to or from the PCM...

Something else I havent mentioned yet... the pigtail that plugs into the solenoid pack was a mess. All, (and I mean every last one) of the wires coming out of the pigtail were exposed (heat and time got to them I guess) and I am sure had crossed and touched eachother multiple times. I wonder if that caused a short or something to go bad??

To be honest, I am not really sure where to start looking at this point. I think I need to do some research and figure out how the information flows between the VSS, PCM, PSOM, solenoid pack, etc and begin to try and diagnose anything that may be shot and causing wrong signals to be sent/recieved... or am I way off here???

used parts scare me, especially an auto. unless its something that you got to personally drive before hand.....they can have the same issue.

what you describe is a common torque converter failure(stalling when stoping, stalling when put into gear etc), now you would not think that that second converter would do the same thing but its entirely possible. the wiring does not sound good and depending on the circuit and what was shorting it could have killed a driver in the pcm, however it should be doing it all the time not intermittently

are you sure you should not be looking at an engine control problem and not trans? I assume no codes or any other driveablity problems?

Ford Senior Master Technician

http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...x.php?vID=1309
Quote:
"The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."
post #77 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 12:34 AM

See everyone in the morning, I'll be there at 10:00 at the gate
post #78 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 12:30 AM

I want to thank everyone that made the run to the lake, we had a great time
post #79 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Fullsize Member

That was a blast for sure!! Did anyone get any pics?? I am a lewzer and didnt even get the camera out.

Next time maybe we can do a lil more wheelin... or not. Floatin around the lake wasnt too bad

My other car has doors.
post #80 of 3464 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Quote:
That was a blast for sure!! Did anyone get any pics?? I am a lewzer and didnt even get the camera out.

Next time maybe we can do a lil more wheelin... or not. Floatin around the lake wasnt too bad
Yep, lots of fun. Food, beer, trucks, lake and pit bull puppies. Doesnt get any better.

Did anyone else get a sun burn? I did. But my feet are still white Mr.Bill

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Southwest Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode