Albuquerque wheeling - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albq
Posts: 319
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 302 6 inch sus. lift ext. rad arms aod , ford 8.8, 35" Mickey T. mtz\35's
iTrader: (0)
I'll check in with the ranger station...

Nickname: "Verde"
95 XLT 302
homemade CAI
sixlitre tuned and seafoamed GtG
NM95Bronco is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered User
 
oldrojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burque (the 505) New Mexico
Posts: 1,389
Bronco Info: '94 XLT 302 /ZF5 speed /35"s/Custom Rock Sliders/Limited Slip Rear/Lead Foot/8000#Winch
iTrader: (0)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM95Bronco View Post
I'll check in with the ranger station...
right on brother....it may have snow!!!

I wrench on it because I have to....
oldrojo is offline  
post #23 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albq
Posts: 319
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 302 6 inch sus. lift ext. rad arms aod , ford 8.8, 35" Mickey T. mtz\35's
iTrader: (0)
Looks like they got hammered in that area again Rojo... trip is 4 hours dry and in summer... I imagine 1/3 that pace or slower on ice and snow.... alternate route? Backup plan?

Nickname: "Verde"
95 XLT 302
homemade CAI
sixlitre tuned and seafoamed GtG
NM95Bronco is offline  
 
post #24 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Registered User
 
oldrojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burque (the 505) New Mexico
Posts: 1,389
Bronco Info: '94 XLT 302 /ZF5 speed /35"s/Custom Rock Sliders/Limited Slip Rear/Lead Foot/8000#Winch
iTrader: (0)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM95Bronco View Post
Looks like they got hammered in that area again Rojo... trip is 4 hours dry and in summer... I imagine 1/3 that pace or slower on ice and snow.... alternate route? Backup plan?
We're still 2 weeks out, anything can happen weather wise. The back up plan would be to stay on FR10 to where it intersects Hiway 4 and then come back on pavement through Jemez Springs.
We could go south if you want a road trip and then wheelin'??? Caballo Peak? Montecello canyon?
I am ready for anything, OldRojo is too!!

I wrench on it because I have to....
oldrojo is offline  
post #25 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Registered User
 
jstncse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 522
iTrader: (0)
I might be close to ready. Lockers are sitting in the garage, front driveline needs to be built, and I think I have an injector leaking but other than that I'm ready to at least get it out of the garage.

Rusted bucket of Land Cruiser prowess
with some stuff welded on
jstncse is online now  
post #26 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered User
 
oldrojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burque (the 505) New Mexico
Posts: 1,389
Bronco Info: '94 XLT 302 /ZF5 speed /35"s/Custom Rock Sliders/Limited Slip Rear/Lead Foot/8000#Winch
iTrader: (0)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstncse View Post
I might be close to ready. Lockers are sitting in the garage, front driveline needs to be built, and I think I have an injector leaking but other than that I'm ready to at least get it out of the garage.
Hell...that's close!!! The way you get to working on it.....it might be done by the next weekend!!! We may change the area that we are going tho.....stay tuned

I wrench on it because I have to....
oldrojo is offline  
post #27 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Registered User
 
oldrojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burque (the 505) New Mexico
Posts: 1,389
Bronco Info: '94 XLT 302 /ZF5 speed /35"s/Custom Rock Sliders/Limited Slip Rear/Lead Foot/8000#Winch
iTrader: (0)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM95Bronco View Post
Looks like they got hammered in that area again Rojo... trip is 4 hours dry and in summer... I imagine 1/3 that pace or slower on ice and snow.... alternate route? Backup plan?
Hey NM95......have you been to Gordys Hill....or Quebrada, down by Socorro?
How about Gordy's???....is anybody intrested in Gordys instead of snow?

I wrench on it because I have to....
oldrojo is offline  
post #28 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ponypower77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Broncoville USA
Posts: 180
Bronco Info: Grabber green and goes anywhere
iTrader: (0)
Gordys!!!!

I like my wheeling just like I like my whiskey, on the rocks!
ponypower77 is offline  
post #29 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Registered User
 
jstncse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 522
iTrader: (0)
Ylrcj went to Grody's before Christmas. It had quite a bit of snow on the ground then but he really liked it.
All the snow should be gone with this warm weather.

Im good with it if I can get my ducks in a row.

Rusted bucket of Land Cruiser prowess
with some stuff welded on
jstncse is online now  
post #30 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Registered User
 
oldrojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burque (the 505) New Mexico
Posts: 1,389
Bronco Info: '94 XLT 302 /ZF5 speed /35"s/Custom Rock Sliders/Limited Slip Rear/Lead Foot/8000#Winch
iTrader: (0)
Cool

I was working...or"working"....down in El Paso and Las Cruces area this week and drove by the Gordy's Hill area......it was warm nearly 70 degrees and I didn't see any snow. There could be snow in the bottom of the arroyo on the north shade side but it looked very inviting......how about it NM95BRONCO.....let's go to Gordy's Hill and we'll save Paliza Canyon for a mud run this Spring.....what do you say?

I wrench on it because I have to....
oldrojo is offline  
post #31 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered User
 
oldrojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burque (the 505) New Mexico
Posts: 1,389
Bronco Info: '94 XLT 302 /ZF5 speed /35"s/Custom Rock Sliders/Limited Slip Rear/Lead Foot/8000#Winch
iTrader: (0)
Cool

OH--NO----Update Friday 20th!!!!
So I have been on the road for the last 2 weeks and today was the first day I've had to drive the OldRojo....
Long story short, I heard a new noise and vibration coming from the rear end.(a new noise not the old noise) After I had a friend drive it and confirm he thought it was the rear end, I pulled the cover and about 16 teeth from the ring gear fell out into my hand......so it's not looking good for OldRojo to go wheelin' next Saturday......BUT....I have found a ride with Rattlesnake and at least I could get outdoors and go wheelin' with ya'all.....
Post up.....who will be going to Gordy's Hill?

I wrench on it because I have to....
oldrojo is offline  
post #32 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Registered User
 
oldrojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burque (the 505) New Mexico
Posts: 1,389
Bronco Info: '94 XLT 302 /ZF5 speed /35"s/Custom Rock Sliders/Limited Slip Rear/Lead Foot/8000#Winch
iTrader: (0)
Cool

Another update!!!

Rattlesnake has a "core" rear end with the correct gears in it that he is willing to part with. I may rob the gears and such out of that rearend and put into my housing and maybe ready by next weekend....we"ll see....either way I'm going wheelin' with or without the OldRojo!!!

I wrench on it because I have to....
oldrojo is offline  
post #33 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
ponypower77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Broncoville USA
Posts: 180
Bronco Info: Grabber green and goes anywhere
iTrader: (0)
I will be there. Glad to here you found some parts for your rear axle. Have you had a chance to try out that new tranny?

I like my wheeling just like I like my whiskey, on the rocks!
ponypower77 is offline  
post #34 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)
Looking good for the boy's & I , 7 not 100% but it drives. Should be good for run,
Got to be back in my hood by 3 I think so I'll jump out by 2, either way its a day of wheelin
ylrcj is offline  
post #35 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albq
Posts: 319
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 302 6 inch sus. lift ext. rad arms aod , ford 8.8, 35" Mickey T. mtz\35's
iTrader: (0)
Crashlucky do you copy, over?

here's my update... just got new Mickey Thompson mtz's in the 35 this morning! Thanks to Desert Rat San Mateo and Darren!

I have a few spare 35's laying around if anyone needs one.

however.... I have a problem with the front drive line and will be unable to go until fixed. I will hurry and post as soon as functional.

Nickname: "Verde"
95 XLT 302
homemade CAI
sixlitre tuned and seafoamed GtG
NM95Bronco is offline  
post #36 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Registered User
 
jstncse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 522
iTrader: (0)
Well, I still have excessive fuel and therefore excessive smoke but I have managed to complete my spring over axle conversion, installed Rancho shocks on all 4 corners, got the brakes hooked up and bled, installed the locker in the rearend, and got the front driveline built and installed. The front locker can wait until I get around to rebuilding the frontend.

So I'm ready to go as long as nobody minds the smell of raw diesel fuel. If anybody does mind the smell bring me about 8 gallons of filtered cooking oil and then the exhaust will smell like french fries.

Lets GO!!!!

Rusted bucket of Land Cruiser prowess
with some stuff welded on
jstncse is online now  
post #37 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Registered User
 
oldrojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burque (the 505) New Mexico
Posts: 1,389
Bronco Info: '94 XLT 302 /ZF5 speed /35"s/Custom Rock Sliders/Limited Slip Rear/Lead Foot/8000#Winch
iTrader: (0)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypower77 View Post
I will be there. Glad to here you found some parts for your rear axle. Have you had a chance to try out that new tranny?
I'm glad to hear you're coming.We haven't wheeled together since last year....lol....I really like the gear ratio on the ZF5 trans, but it may have lead to my broken ring gear.....I don't know.
With my good luck and friends I may have OldRojo ready by Saturday

Lets plan to meet at Lemitar 66 station at 8:30 am Saturday.

I wrench on it because I have to....
oldrojo is offline  
post #38 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered User
 
oldrojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burque (the 505) New Mexico
Posts: 1,389
Bronco Info: '94 XLT 302 /ZF5 speed /35"s/Custom Rock Sliders/Limited Slip Rear/Lead Foot/8000#Winch
iTrader: (0)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstncse View Post
Well, I still have excessive fuel and therefore excessive smoke but I have managed to complete my spring over axle conversion, installed Rancho shocks on all 4 corners, got the brakes hooked up and bled, installed the locker in the rearend, and got the front driveline built and installed. The front locker can wait until I get around to rebuilding the frontend.

So I'm ready to go as long as nobody minds the smell of raw diesel fuel. If anybody does mind the smell bring me about 8 gallons of filtered cooking oil and then the exhaust will smell like french fries.

Lets GO!!!!
That's incredible!!!! I fully expected that axle flip project alone would take a couple of months!!!........YOU ROCK!!! LETS GO WHEELIN' !!

I wrench on it because I have to....
oldrojo is offline  
post #39 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Registered User
 
oldrojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burque (the 505) New Mexico
Posts: 1,389
Bronco Info: '94 XLT 302 /ZF5 speed /35"s/Custom Rock Sliders/Limited Slip Rear/Lead Foot/8000#Winch
iTrader: (0)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylrcj View Post
Looking good for the boy's & I , 7 not 100% but it drives. Should be good for run,
Got to be back in my hood by 3 I think so I'll jump out by 2, either way its a day of wheelin
GREAT!!!...you've done some work on your rig too!!! I look forward to it!!

I wrench on it because I have to....
oldrojo is offline  
post #40 of 1479 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered User
 
oldrojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burque (the 505) New Mexico
Posts: 1,389
Bronco Info: '94 XLT 302 /ZF5 speed /35"s/Custom Rock Sliders/Limited Slip Rear/Lead Foot/8000#Winch
iTrader: (0)
Cool

OK...Today is Wednesday.....it looks like we'll have about 6 vehicles for this Saturday's run to Gordy's Hill.
I plan to leave Albuq (at San Mateo and I-40 Shell station) at about 7:15 so that I arrive at Lemitar(just north of Socorro) by 8:30. I'll be on chanel 4 on the CB.
Then we'll meet up with the guys that live down south at Lemitar and go wheelin' in Quebrada/Gordy's Hill.
Bring a lunch and extra water, and all the normal trail gear for a full day in the hills... It will be fun!!

I wrench on it because I have to....
oldrojo is offline  
Reply

  Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Southwest Chapter

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome