Albuquerque wheeling - Page 5 - Ford Bronco Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 01:21 PM

Bronco Info: '94 XLT 302 /ZF5 speed /35"s/Custom Rock Sliders/Limited Slip Rear/Lead Foot/8000#Winch
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypower77 View Post
I am on the fence about going to the stampede. But right now I am leaning toward going out there for the weekend (just not 100% sure yet).
It seems March 17th(Saturday) is the only day this month that my wife will give me a "kitchen pass".....since it's only that one day, there won't be enough time for me to go to the "Stampede"......I really want to make that trip sometime, but not this year.

I've talked to Rattlesnake and he said if I'll post it, he "will come". Sooo...

I will lead a scout trip/trail ride to Caballo Peak, Apache Gap, and Palomas Gap on Saturday March 17th. I call it a scout trip because I have never been/seen the actual trail, but I know where it starts and will rely on my sense of direction and sun/moon alignment, Native American heritage and just stumble around the mesa until I find the trail. How hard can it be?
Just kiddin', I'm not Native American, but this trip may take the full day so be prepared for a long day/night drive home.

Let's plan to meet at the Chevron station in Williamsburg NM (South of TorC) AT EXIT #75 at 9:00 AM Saturday March 17th. There is a small city park right there if you have a trailer and tow vehicle and need to park it for the day.
We will drive down the old hiway to Arrey NM where we will cross the Rio Grande and I-25 and proceed to the start of the trail. I plan to be on the trail by 10:00am as again I don't know how long we'll be out there. If my calculations are correct the trail will bring us back to Williamsburg/TorC.
Bring ALL TRAIL EQUIPMENT,LUNCH,SNACKS, AND EXTRA WATER. And have a plan if you have a break-down. We will not leave anyone on the trail but will not tow your vehicle back to Albuquerque.
Again this could be an all-day deal so be prepared.(sunscreen,food,phone,water)

I wrench on it because I have to....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 07:04 PM

Bronco Info: 95 XLT 302 6 inch sus. lift ext. rad arms aod , ford 8.8, 35" Mickey T. mtz\35's
http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=908738

Nickname: "Verde"
95 XLT 302
homemade CAI
sixlitre tuned and seafoamed GtG
post #83 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 07:10 PM

Bronco Info: 95 XLT 302 6 inch sus. lift ext. rad arms aod , ford 8.8, 35" Mickey T. mtz\35's
looks fun!

95 XLT 302
homemade CAI

post #84 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 11:14 PM

I'm in.........................does look like fun

Rusted bucket of Land Cruiser prowess
with some stuff welded on
post #85 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 12:28 AM

Wife and I are IN for the scout trip. Kids away on vacation with the ex's spring break. I will be bringing extra water. Rojo, any way we could do this earlier? The run will go past sundown if we start at 10, and none of us know the trail. Everyone in that case might want to test their electrical system and/or lights and pack backup lighting.

I need to speak to Rattle asap about recovery points/ bumper work and get a price from him that is fair for him. His stuff looks good!

Any of you guys that have a 15" rim want a spare 35 12.5 ? I have 4 of them setting in my garage.... this trip looks like fun, but we need to be prepared and maybe we could have a meet and greet for the trip and look at some topos ? I have all the GPS equipment needed to plot this... does anyone else use gps?

Sorry, better prepared than not!

95 XLT 302
homemade CAI
post #86 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 09:12 AM

Bronco Info: '94 XLT 302 /ZF5 speed /35"s/Custom Rock Sliders/Limited Slip Rear/Lead Foot/8000#Winch
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstncse View Post
I'm in.........................does look like fun
Great!!!

post #87 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 09:20 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM95Bronco View Post
Wife and I are IN for the scout trip. Kids away on vacation with the ex's spring break. I will be bringing extra water. Rojo, any way we could do this earlier? The run will go past sundown if we start at 10, and none of us know the trail. Everyone in that case might want to test their electrical system and/or lights and pack backup lighting.

I need to speak to Rattle asap about recovery points/ bumper work and get a price from him that is fair for him. His stuff looks good!

Any of you guys that have a 15" rim want a spare 35 12.5 ? I have 4 of them setting in my garage.... this trip looks like fun, but we need to be prepared and maybe we could have a meet and greet for the trip and look at some topos ? I have all the GPS equipment needed to plot this... does anyone else use gps?

That's a real good idea......since its a Saturday(March17th) and at least 3 of us are comming from the Albuquerque area, I thought 9:00 would be best. It takes a solid 2.5 hours to get from ABQ to TorC at the meet spot, that means leaving ABQ at 6:00 am(or there about)
I would like to meet up with you's and go over your map and the GPS coordinates as well.
Be sure to pack your GPS and this map so we don't wander around too much in the desert.
Be sure to get at least one tow hook on the front and one tow hook on the rear of your vehicle.....but hope we never use it.....
This should be a great trip, in Southern New Mexico.(sunscreen)

post #88 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 09:24 AM

Cool

Quote:
looks fun!
I have been to map position CP01-01
I can get us to there, then you head out toward the spaceport, turn north, follow the Caballo Peak ridgeline, then look for the lights of TorC....

post #89 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 10:39 AM

Bronco Info: 1991 302, 6" lift, 9" rear, 35 goodyears
Quote:

I need a spare pm me a price
post #90 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 05:22 PM

LETS GET R DONE
Sounds Awsesome, going to get the little woman to tag along with the boy's & I on trip hopefully.
post #91 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 06:13 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylrcj View Post
LETS GET R DONE
Sounds Awsesome, going to get the little woman to tag along with the boy's & I on trip hopefully.
Great!!!

post #92 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 08:31 AM

Bronco Info: 1983 Bronco, 4.9, C6, NP208, 8.8
If I can secure a trailer by then I'll be in for sure. That is Spring Break for me, perfect!

1983 Bronco
300 inline 6
C6, NP208, TTB 44, 8.8, 35" Mix and Match Tires
post #93 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 10:56 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviousfred View Post
If I can secure a trailer by then I'll be in for sure. That is Spring Break for me, perfect!
Great Devious!! we'd like to have anyone from the Las Cruces/El Paso area come up and join us, so maybe we can plan a run in Rocotillo or the Red Sands area's.
Is there any wheelin' at the Hueco Tanks area or is that just a state park with no offroad??

post #94 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 10:20 PM

Bronco Info: '79 400m 0.30 over comp cam edelbrock intake/carb double exhaust 4in lift 33in bfgs
Ill skip this one my truck is not doing too good on hill climbs, does pretty good on street too bad paved streets are no fun. Iam gonna start saving for tbi since i already tried an edelbrock then a holley w electric fuel pump and still. It kinda sucks driving da truck down a hill in reverse w almost no brakes or power steering
post #95 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 10:55 PM

Bronco Info: 93' Fullsize 351w, and a few other goodies.
Hey guys, add one more to the ABQ chapter. Im not sure ill make the Caballo peak trip due to work but me and a few friends go out almost every other weekend to play around. i just lifted my FSB so im looking for new trails and spots to try it out. FYI I have an 82 f150 as a donor truck if any one is looking for parts.
post #96 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 05:06 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by task1 View Post
Ill skip this one my truck is not doing too good on hill climbs, does pretty good on street too bad paved streets are no fun. Iam gonna start saving for tbi since i already tried an edelbrock then a holley w electric fuel pump and still. It kinda sucks driving da truck down a hill in reverse w almost no brakes or power steering
I know how it feels, I had a 79 Dodge SWB 4x4 and it did exactly the same, you either had to keep your foot in it or go around it.
We should try to get together for a meet-and-greet in Las Cruces and then try Red Sands....

post #97 of 1479 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 05:07 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyv View Post
Hey guys, add one more to the ABQ chapter. Im not sure ill make the Caballo peak trip due to work but me and a few friends go out almost every other weekend to play around. i just lifted my FSB so im looking for new trails and spots to try it out. FYI I have an 82 f150 as a donor truck if any one is looking for parts.
Welcome KennyV....

post #98 of 1479 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: Grabber green and goes anywhere
Looks like I will not be going to the stampede, so I will be heading south with you all. Should be a good trip.

I like my wheeling just like I like my whiskey, on the rocks!
post #99 of 1479 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 10:00 PM

Looks like I'll be in a shortbed chevy, instead of my FJ, but I'm still coming.

I think I burned a hole in a piston in the diesel, it is pushing oil out of the dipstick tube.

Rusted bucket of Land Cruiser prowess
with some stuff welded on
post #100 of 1479 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 10:13 PM

Bronco Info: 1983 Bronco, 4.9, C6, NP208, 8.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by task1 View Post
I know that feeling all too well man.

1983 Bronco
300 inline 6
C6, NP208, TTB 44, 8.8, 35" Mix and Match Tires

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Southwest Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode