• abrojal

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • Ranger429

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Coors

Votes: 11 8.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Let the voting begin for Jan. 2010 FOTM!!!

71K views 267 replies 51 participants last post by  silent one 
#1 ·
1)BRONCONUT:thumbup

2)silent one:thumbup

3)abrojal:thumbup

4)Ranger429:thumbup

5)Coors:thumbup

See less See more
#10 ·
Here's what I started with about 6 months ago. Craigslist find for $500...

And here is what I have turned it into so far up to today

Only had it out on 2 trips so far, hope to get it out to the snow a couple more times in the next couple of weeks

#24 ·
Hey, Coors! I like your truck, particularly the bumpers you made. 'Course, I like all of them, so voting will be tough.
Wish I could weld.

BTW, I was driving through the Corning area last July, and saw a gorgeous bronze '79 getting off I-5 somewhere near there. Have you seen it? Looks fully restored. Beautiful.

#30 ·
Well here is what I started with. I bought this from a member over at PJB for 1K, had it shipped from Ca to home at a cost of 750. So for 1750 I had a solid rust free 79. My original plan was to touch up the silver and clean it good to resell it. Once I got into sanding the paint off and seeing how solid the body was that is when I decided to keep it.

Didn't look to bad from the pictures, you can notice the paint that is faded off on the hood and roof.

The interior, just a little trashed.

Carpeting was just a little faded.

Started stripping it.

Door jambs, floor boards and the bottoms of the doors were all in excellent condition.

And once the sanding started then I noticed the rust free/bondo free body. It had been a long time since I seen wheel wells that weren't rusted out on a 78-79 Bronco.

Just a little tight for space, good thing the bulk of the work was done in the driveway.

More to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.