FULLSIZE OF THE YEAR - 2015! VOTE HERE!!! - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: CHOOSE YOUR FULLSIZE BRONCO OF THE YEAR WINNER FOR 2015!!!
95bronco12 4 4.60%
stm 9 10.34%
cstrike 38 43.68%
bonsai dave 28 32.18%
ANGELO 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

5Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 07:09 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 86 302/AOD on 8 lugs. 96 302/ZF5.
Garage
I meant to show the post-Moab body damage but forgot. The obvious problem was the 35 inch tires contacting the wheel wells. The damage isn't terrible but it was such a clean truck to start with that it is something I regret:

These dents are the ones that blew my mind. We had the Bronco on top of an obstacle flexed and twisted out, when at a dead stop we heard a loud, deep pop. I put the parking brake on and got out to see what had happened. With nothing mechanical amiss we went back to wheeling. A little later in the day I noticed these dents. The aren't always obvious depending on how the light hits the truck but they weren't there before and we didn't hit anything. Without a top and no roll cage, the body spontaneously gave in to stress.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 07:21 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 79 with a 460 dana 60's rear 35 spline full spool. front welded with hidro asst. 9" of lift on 44 bo
Garage
After running the 38" sx's on the 1/2 ton running gear. I can't remember how many front axles shafts I broke .And I tore up a couple 9" axles shafts and the 3rd member .
I did this 2 times separated the knuckle on the dana 44. It was time for the one ton running gear. When I did the one ton swap I did a frame off resto. All the body mounts holes on the frame needed fix because of rust so I just plated them. Replace all the brake lines and fuel lines with stainless steel lines. And with safety red Rustoleum paint on the frame.

for the love of mud.
post #63 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 03:05 PM
stm
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1987 FSB, 5.0, EB, C-6/ 1993 FSB, 5,0, XLT, E4OD
Quote:
each state is different, but in fl at 15 you can get your learners permit, you have to have a adult in the passenger seat when you drive. and a year after you get your permit you can get your license by taking a really easy 15 min long driving test. if our test was as hard as the European tests so many people would fail, our test is a joke compared to the ones there.
with my permit i would mostly drive with my mom in a gmc safari van, but my dad had to get a bigger truck about 4 months before i got my license so this bronco was my first car.
You are right - Euro test are hard, maybe, and Rus test many people can't pass from 1'st time.
Bronco was first car for me too. All around me ask - "Why Bronco? What are you interested in that junk? How you find those unknown model? Why so old? It's very big and not usable..." and etc.

Old screen captured frames from different vids:

Snow run (or snow stuck is more better:-)) with Land Rover Defender.

It was hard snow at spring - not so deep, but many times melted and frozen - and composed in many hard and soft layers.

Another forest run

And at last - two terrible night pics:-)))

1987, FSB, 5.0, EB, c-6, Black Hoss, some oldy, some rusty, milestone is over 1 000 000 miles.
1993, FSB, 5.0, XLT, E4OD, White Mare.

post #64 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 08:31 PM
September 15 FOTM

Bronco Info: 1992 F-250 custom, 7.3 idi N/A, zf5, 4x4
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stm View Post
You are right - Euro test are hard, maybe, and Rus test many people can't pass from 1'st time.
Bronco was first car for me too. All around me ask - "Why Bronco? What are you interested in that junk? How you find those unknown model? Why so old? It's very big and not usable..." and etc.
i have family in finland, when i was there in the summer the biggest truck i saw was a hilux. a bronco would really stand out.

1995 red xlt sport! with 351
post #65 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 07:12 AM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
One thing I appreciate about FSB is that I have been able to meet some great folks. One member here, Slownorth, was a student at Northern Arizona University a couple of years ago and we got a chance to go out wheeling together. I also helped him build a similar front bumper.

post #66 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 07:31 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 79 with a 460 dana 60's rear 35 spline full spool. front welded with hidro asst. 9" of lift on 44 bo
Garage

I sacrifice a 68 bronco hood for the fills on the 1/2 doors.

Then I bed lined the bronco for the first time.

for the love of mud.
post #67 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 09:03 AM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsai dave View Post
I sacrifice a 68 bronco hood for the fills on the 1/2 doors.

Then I bed lined the bronco for the first time.
I've seen a lot of half doors and most are rough. Those look great and the handle is still there too! Nice job

post #68 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 03:16 PM
stm
Fullsize Member

Quote:
One thing I appreciate about FSB is that I have been able to meet some great folks.
To cstrike:

Great run! I see wooden powerline poles - excellent! It's my other fanatic object:-))) I like trails along powerlines, I like old wooden construction of powerlines, insulators and other stuff. So I must to ask - pls more powerlines (as a cactus too:-))))

What was at pre-last pic? Frame bent? Is a body mounts trouble?

To bonsai dave:

I look at those doors - and have a dual feelings - it's a cool construction too... at first look... But... I was never to decide to do its :-)))) I can understand all, that you have many tons of Broncos, like as we the UAZ - but it was so sad to destroy excellent vintage doors:-))))
BTW your variant of door cut same as doors of our UAZ-469 :-)))) Lol.

1987, FSB, 5.0, EB, c-6, Black Hoss, some oldy, some rusty, milestone is over 1 000 000 miles.
post #69 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 12:39 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995

"The American working class is being sold out" the time has come we need to raise the pitchforks and take our country BACK!!
post #70 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 05:55 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrike View Post
I've seen a lot of half doors and most are rough. Those look great and the handle is still there too! Nice job
Thanks, it was a lot of spot welds. I think the next set I will stop the cut line at the bump line. The opening is just a little to deep for mud.
Quote:
To cstrike:

Great run! I see wooden powerline poles - excellent! It's my other fanatic object:-))) I like trails along powerlines, I like old wooden construction of powerlines, insulators and other stuff. So I must to ask - pls more powerlines (as a cactus too:-))))

What was at pre-last pic? Frame bent? Is a body mounts trouble?

To bonsai dave:

I look at those doors - and have a dual feelings - it's a cool construction too... at first look... But... I was never to decide to do its :-)))) I can understand all, that you have many tons of Broncos, like as we the UAZ - but it was so sad to destroy excellent vintage doors:-))))
BTW your variant of door cut same as doors of our UAZ-469 :-)))) Lol.
The door I cut up weren't in the best shape. And I had a better set off of a parts truck.

for the love of mud.
post #71 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 06:34 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage

The cage is a hodgepodge of junk I had. The main 4" bar is off of a parts truck that I cut to fit the bronco. The back halo is a main bar from a 68 bronco, and the rest was just some junk I had. You can also see the battery box that I built to set behind the passenger seat.

The rock rails are tide into the roll cage.

for the love of mud.
post #72 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 01:50 PM
stm
Fullsize Member

Some beer, free nighttime, Photoshop and some creative:-)))
Pls, don't kick so hard:-)))) Lol...

Just B&W

Lifting yellow on B&W

Like old poster or postcard - some glow enhance

And full trash - xDDDD Like old damaged photo... Scratches, dots, spots, ans etc.

post #73 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 06:45 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage

The first back bumper that I built.

Gas tank skid plate is made out of 1/4" aluminum plate.

for the love of mud.
post #74 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 07:01 AM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Here are some more chronological photos. The first few are from the Apache Trail, a dirt road that heads from Phoenix to Roosevelt lake. It is something like 30 miles of twisty canyons through the desert with fields of saguaro cactus and small lakes. The road isn't challenging but scenic. I have run it multiple times and sometimes just pull off and camp.

post #75 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 07:07 AM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
Here is me playing tour guide in Sedona with my buddy and his brother. The brother just moved out to Arizona and wanted to get his Xterra out in the desert. Now that he has lived here for a few years I have had to rescue the Xterra a few times, he likes to get it stuck.

These are the first photos with the tailgate trim. I had to put that on after the tongue of a trailer jumped up and put a big dent right in the center of my tailgate. Now I am always on the look out for these and can't help myself.... I snatch them up whenever I see a good one in the junkyard.

post #76 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 12:44 PM
Beach bumming it ........

Bronco Info: 91 Bronco 351W E4OD, 6" lift, 35 12.50 Procomp MT2 on 10" wide wheels, Sliders, and custom bumpers
Garage
post #77 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 07:32 PM
September 15 FOTM

Garage
at school

theres not alot of powerline roads in fl your allowed to drive in, or anything thats old. but theres a couple.

old logging truck.

post #78 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 02:32 AM
stm
Fullsize Member

To ANGELO: Nice pics. What's about white BKO at parking? Interesting, which tires and rims that have? Looks like rims are ET -100 or about:-)))
Old log truck - great looking! Peterbilt? Mack?
And other - what's the sign about unexploded bombs? :-))) Shooting range?

I like this place:-)))

post #79 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 08:28 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage

for the love of mud.
post #80 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 11:06 PM
September 15 FOTM

Garage
Quote:
To ANGELO: Nice pics. What's about white BKO at parking? Interesting, which tires and rims that have? Looks like rims are ET -100 or about:-)))
Old log truck - great looking! Peterbilt? Mack?
And other - what's the sign about unexploded bombs? :-))) Shooting range?

not really sure who made it. not much of it is original
the bomb sign is around the us navy bombing range, they had signs like that all they way around. the white broncos wheels im pretty sure are 12" wide, and have alot off offset not sure what brand though. with 33" m/t tires.

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode