FULLSIZE OF THE YEAR - 2015! VOTE HERE!!! - Page 5 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: CHOOSE YOUR FULLSIZE BRONCO OF THE YEAR WINNER FOR 2015!!!
95bronco12 4 4.60%
stm 9 10.34%
cstrike 38 43.68%
bonsai dave 28 32.18%
ANGELO 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

5Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
you guys are putting out one hell of a display this year. keep up the great work.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 11:19 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995

oops

"The American working class is being sold out" the time has come we need to raise the pitchforks and take our country BACK!!
post #83 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 09:03 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 86 302/AOD on 8 lugs. 96 302/ZF5.
Garage
I need to get posting again. Had a busy weekend and missed some time.

Here is a pic of the Bronco with a 77 short box I picked up in the last 2 weeks. I'm hoping to not let it distract me!

This weekend I went to Phoenix for a Bronco meet & greet. The pics I took came out bad, I think something is wrong with my phone. But afterwards my buddy and I went to the little town of Cave Creek to have some beers and I saw this sign. Corny but I couldn't resist getting a few pics with it! Also, some more cactus both real and decorative for stm.

itwasFREE!!!! likes this.

post #84 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 02:04 AM
stm
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1987 FSB, 5.0, EB, C-6/ 1993 FSB, 5,0, XLT, E4OD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrike View Post
Also, some more cactus both real and decorative for stm.

Yea!!! Thanks, man!!!! Big decorative cactus is great!
I want this one:-)))

And I have a lil trouble:-))) Tranny cooler line started to leak at last weekend. Somewhere under engine, between frame and suspension, in dark, mud, cold and in the ass of world:-))) I not repair this yet - at week I think...

1987, FSB, 5.0, EB, c-6, Black Hoss, some oldy, some rusty, milestone is over 1 000 000 miles.
1993, FSB, 5.0, XLT, E4OD, White Mare.
post #85 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 06:59 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 79 with a 460 dana 60's rear 35 spline full spool. front welded with hidro asst. 9" of lift on 44 bo
Garage
Thumbs up

gVknV8P6-Ks
a5Nkl6uxFcE

for the love of mud. F.O.T.M. July 2015.
post #86 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 08:09 AM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
As I mentioned before, I was supposed to leave this Bronco mostly stock and use it as a daily driver. That said, I was never quite satisfied with my 2.5" lift and 31" tires. When a buddy from work bought a clean 95 with a 6" lift, he suggested we switch. He liked the look of the 2.5" lift and didn't really need the 6". I was able to convince the girlfriend and next thing I knew we had the Broncos side by side and torn apart. We did the work on a cold weekend in January and couldn't get the garage door closed. I know, yes, we are in Arizona... but here in Flagstaff it gets cold and snowy!

The swap wasn't straight forward. The 2.5" kit utilizes a factory pivot point that the 6" lift completely deletes. We didn't realize this until the end of the first day and it was a real buzzkill. We had to grind and air chisel the bracket off carefully so it could be reused. If we didn't need to reuse it, the job would have been easy but having to baby it was miserable.

Anyway, here is the after (way after, like a year later):

post #87 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 09:12 PM
September 15 FOTM

Bronco Info: 1992 F-250 custom, 7.3 idi, zf5, 4x4
Garage
what i did today...
i wasnt the one broken down this time. my moms van stalled at a light and wouldnt start. might be the fuel pump. so i had to tow it home

1992 f250 turbo intercooled idi
1995 red xlt sport! with 351 ~ Sold
post #88 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 07:06 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 79 with a 460 dana 60's rear 35 spline full spool. front welded with hidro asst. 9" of lift on 44 bo
Garage
After sheering the sector shaft on the steering box I sent a spare box to West Texas Off road for the redneck ram. In the second pic you can just see the oil pan I had built for the 460. I used the top part of the 460 pan and the bottom of the 351m pan. I had to add that 1 1/2 " strip in the bottom to match the top 460 pan.

post #89 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 01:30 AM

Bronco Info: 1992 Bronc EB 5.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stm View Post
And I have a lil trouble:-))) Tranny cooler line started to leak at last weekend. Somewhere under engine, between frame and suspension, in dark, mud, cold and in the ass of world:-))) I not repair this yet - at week I think...
I actually had the same problem, if it is the passenger side it might just be the section that is rubber hose. Mine started leaking in the winter as well and I just tightened the clamps as a quick fix till it was little warmer out. That section is a little forward of engine though.

Loving all the pictures!! Keep it up guys.
post #90 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
bonsai dave posts mud & snow pics.

I'm just sayin'.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #91 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 06:56 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Built another front bumper.

And built my first back bumper.
I had also built longer radius arms and went back to the stock drop brackets.

In the last pic you can see the difference in the radius arms.
And just for BikerPepe`

post #92 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 07:24 AM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
So from here on out I'll be posting pics after the 6" lift. The kit is Pro-Comp, at least in the front and left a lot to be desired. It was a basic kit that reused stock radius arms but with large drop brackets and stiff springs. In the rear the stock spring pack had 2 add-a-leafs installed. As you can imagine this combo rode like crap and flexed less on the ramp than the 2.5" Rough Country.

Here is the first pic after the swap:

Testing it out:

As of today the only thing left of the Pro-Comp lift are the TTB brackets. I wanted to improve the ride quality. So if you are in a similar situation that I was with a stiff poor performing lift, follow along. I took measurements and ramped the truck after each new change.

But, before I made changes I have some pics from camping the Apache trail again.

This time I was playing tour guide for my Dad who was out for a visit from back East. Here he is taking pics:

Sunset down there:

post #93 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 08:09 AM
Beach bumming it ........

Bronco Info: 91 Bronco 351W E4OD, 6" lift, 35 12.50 Procomp MT2 on 10" wide wheels, Sliders, and custom bumpers
Garage
post #94 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 01:40 AM
stm
Fullsize Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
bonsai dave posts mud & snow pics.

I'm just sayin'.
H-m-m-m. and what we can do with it? :-)))) 3'd summer was with dry and 3'd winter with low snow!!!! Where???? Where is it???:-)))
Weather is upside down. Think, if will next summer so, need to make own handmade swamp :-)))

1987, FSB, 5.0, EB, c-6, Black Hoss, some oldy, some rusty, milestone is over 1 000 000 miles.
post #95 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 07:18 AM
FSM Lifetime

Garage
I don't have much for snow pics, just a few. We average over 100 inches a year here so I had better get busy. With this contest lasting until December and current weather predictions, I have a feeling I will have plenty more snow pics soon.

The weather here can change 40 plus degrees from day to night so sometimes if I'm not careful a sunny day of topless wheeling gets me caught....

Bronco rescuing a Subaru from the ditch. There are SO many Subarus in Flagstaff.... even if I wanted one I would never buy one because they are the official yuppie car here. I think if you are a young person making more than $50k a year they issue you a Subaru in Flag.

1mN4jWOBnoo

Other random snow pics:

These next three pictures were literally taken three hours apart.

8AM in Flag

11AM Wheeling in Phoenix:

As for mud....

I admit it. I don't do mud much anymore. I grew up in Upstate NY and all my wheeling back in the day was mud. Big tires, big blocks and deep mud. Now I like my clean dry vehicles.

post #96 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 07:58 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage

post #97 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 10:25 PM
September 15 FOTM

Bronco Info: 1992 F-250 custom, 7.3 idi, zf5, 4x4
Garage

This morning

1992 f250 turbo intercooled idi
1995 red xlt sport! with 351 ~ Sold
post #98 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 08:12 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage

post #99 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 05:49 AM
stm
Fullsize Member

Snow & Mud??? Ok.
That's all:

Snow. And some pics above with LR Def.

And Mud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrike View Post
As for mud....[/SIZE]

I admit it. I don't do mud much anymore. I grew up in Upstate NY and all my wheeling back in the day was mud. Big tires, big blocks and deep mud. Now I like my clean dry vehicles.
Yes, I can be agree with you, but... Peoples - like a pigs or children:-))) Mud - is so fun and cool:-)))

I found some rare video - I place 4 stop frames, all video will placed later - let it be as intrigue:-)))
But tell you true - is not so interesting - I tell story what happened after that, then was not time for video.
After last frame I was stuck and spent about 5 hours in deep thick clay. Guys - never go to hard off-road alone, in one person, in one truck!!! Those track, which on pics, go through clay covered slope. IDK, what happened, but when I was down to lake, truck started slip and I can't returned to hard dry track, I was dragged to wet clay more and more. At first time truck can move along slope, but can't went up. At last I found huge deep hole and truck dig self more and more. I hasn't any off road skill, need to stay and call for help in that situation, but I continued to try got out. Truck was drown till bottom door edge. I started dig by shovel but it was no results - clay was as plasticine and hard to moving. Day went to end, dusk was come, I was at 70 miles from home, and a lot of far from any trucks, tractors or etc. I call to my buddy with hard off-road equipped Opel Frontera Sport (short version):-)) He was "glad to hear me" at those lazy Sunday, I think:-))) I sent him coordinates of disaster and started to wait, time to time with useless work with shovel. When he came, night and dark was down. Epic phone call was:
- "Where are you? I see nothing - just night and darkness:-)))"
- "IDK, in the middle of nowhere! Stay at road, look at down in dark. Can you see my stop-lights far from you?"
- "What? Down? Where is down? Looking... Tracing...No... no... no... Or yes, I see you! H..f..king sh...t - so far!!!"
- "Ok. Go here but try to not fall from hill - lake is between us:-))))"
At first we tried to getting out truck with dynamic snatch rope, but lightweight Opel hanging as trinket and nothing. Then we decided lift BKO ass with hi-jack and use sand-tracks. Body was lifted hardly, we pump hijack lever with our double body weight - but rear axle was caught in mud, just springs bowing. Digging, digging, digging for victory and some time later rear axle also slowly rises by springs from mud. After sand-tracks installation big hippo ass start moving out at the end. After 20-30 tugs with rope it completely was recovering. All was in clay - BKO till roof, equipment, ropes, sand-tracks, shovels, hands, legs, everything:-))) When we drove to highway, we was stopped at local road by police - they are checked for drunk drivers. When they saw THAT, they was stunned. :-))) And was a long chat with them about old American cars - one of them was also fanatic as me:-)))
And at last joke - at city I came to carwash - clay was so good - it washed out with water hard and long. After 30 min of high pressure cleaning sewer of carwash was clogged and room was flooded:-)))

post #100 of 223 (permalink) Old 10-31-2015, 08:05 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
YMLH2RB4uds
LLc-UXv1PeA

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode