January 2016 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Who will be your January 2016 F.O.T.M.?
raleigh 28 32.94%
379sinvb 12 14.12%
ntahmisyan 27 31.76%
91FordGuy 13 15.29%
Sjeuck53 5 5.88%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Beach bumming it ........

Bronco Info: 91 Bronco 351W E4OD, 6" lift, 35 12.50 Procomp MT2 on 10" wide wheels, Sliders, and custom bumpers
Garage
January 2016 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!!

Here we go folks... your nominees for January 2016 FULLSIZE OF THE MONTH!

1) raleigh

2) 379sinvb

3) ntahmisyan

4) 91FordGuy

5) Sjeuck53

Bring the year in right guys!! Show us what you've got.

Let the games begin!!!
[/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 09:44 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '79 built 400, Ford 10.5" Rear, Dana 60 Front, Locked, Twin Sticked
Wow, first in!

Most of you know my Bronco I think, my name is Dave and I bought it in July of
2011, drove it while I fixed some mechanical issues and made it a bit more trail
friendly. Then in January of 2012 I decided to make a project out of it. The details
of the project were still up in the air at that time but it came together nicely I think.

I hope you all enjoy my pics and god luck to all the contestants!

Think I will start off with a nice before and after then start in on the progression
of the Bronco with some newer shots mixed in.

The day I first bought her

And how she sits today

Dave

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
post #3 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 09:45 AM

Bronco Info: 1981 4 inch lift w/35s. Built 300/T-19. Sliding Windows. Front&Rear Bumpers. Rock Sliders. Dual Batt
Garage
Alright here is how the journey began.. I had a 1991 Bronco with a 351 and e40d. It was a great truck and the only problem that I had with it was that the electronic braking system in the rear, it always was a little funny from the day I bought it.

I constantly am watching craigslist for parts, trucks, etc.. you never know what you are gonna find! So I was checking around Phoenix, Arizona for anything bronco related and there was this 1981 Ford Bronco Custom for $2500. Instead of an Arizona city.. It said 'California'. I thought this was odd so I clicked on it and up came this. (This was taken the day I picked it up and went straight to camp for a night to give her an idea of how her new life will be spent.)

The previous owner had the Bronco under covers for 20 years in a barn on his property. He was the second owner and raised his family in this truck and it was a part of their family. Lets just say he was not happy I was buying his rig.. His reason for selling (and why it was placed in AZ craigslist) was because he had completely built up the 4.9 and could not pass smog! He said it was just a waste sitting in the barn since he could not drive it on the street.

When I got the Bronco, the transmission and engine were dialed in. He used it as his tow rig and swapped in a t-19 transmission to replace the 3 speed w/ overdrive that was in it from factory. He decided to put in the t-19(synchro 1st gear) instead of the t-18(non-synchro) so that when he was towing he was able to use the first gear on the street. He had pulled the factory 300 and completely built it.
-Bored .30 over
-Chevy Rocker Arms and Lifters
-Offenhauser Dual Port Intake
-Holley 390 4bbl
-EFI exhaust manifolds from junkyard

(I have replaced that cheap valve cover cap with a good one that does not allow condensation through the top hole)

.......And this is how it began!!

post #4 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 11:13 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '79 built 400, Ford 10.5" Rear, Dana 60 Front, Locked, Twin Sticked
First things first, it's a Bronco with no AC, the top had to come off!

Drove it stock for about a month or so, the gold wheels were a big hit [/sarcasm] lol

Worked on getting it more reliable since it was my daily driver at the time.
Resealed the top end and replaced the badly worn valve guide seals.

New oil pan gasket since this thing sat for a few years all the seals were dried up and leaking.

Dave

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
post #5 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Retiring Soon

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #6 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 sport,6''SAS 37's streetlocks 4.56's ARB,BroncoAir rear bumper HeftyFabworks front bumper
Should be a good month. I know 3 of them, so it will be a tough choice.

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
Silent One's Supermotors Page
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
post #7 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 08:14 PM

Bronco Info: 1989, 300 Inline 6, M5OD Transmission, BW1356 (Manual) T-Case, 3.08 Rear Gear Ratio
Garage
Did I miss the poll or has it not opened ? First time I've been around for FOTM ... sorry if this is in the wrong place ...
post #8 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 09:08 PM
FSM Lifetime

It is at the top of the page, just scroll up to the top.
post #9 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 09:39 PM

Bronco Info: 1989, 300 Inline 6, M5OD Transmission, BW1356 (Manual) T-Case, 3.08 Rear Gear Ratio
Garage
This is what I see and I can't click on it, should I do it on my PC ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-01-21-38-17_1451702329989.png
Views:	67
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	69778  
post #10 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 09:48 PM

Bronco Info: 1978 Ranger XLT 351M / C6
I thought you had to be a member for 30 days before you could vote but I just re-read the rules and didn't see it.

1978 Bronco XLT Ranger: 351M with Edelbrock intake, FAST EZ EFI 2.0, FAST dual sync dizzy, FAST E6 ignition box, Wild Horses Hydroboost and Sag pump kit, C6 Trans, Dana 44 front and 9" rear

Jim
post #11 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 09:58 PM

Bronco Info: No Bronco........yet
Garage
This thread needs more pictures from the contestants before I pass my vote.

GET CRACKIN' LADIES and/or GENTLEMEN!

_

1990 BMW 535i - The Daily, 2002 V6 Mustang, Procharged and Manual Swapped - The Project, 2004 F-250 SD - 6.0 PSD 4x4 - The Money Pit
Will be looking for a unicorn next year (2017) - unicorn is a '78 or '79 Bronco with the 400, Manual trans and 4wd in good condition.
post #12 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 11:20 PM
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangAndy View Post
This thread needs more pictures from the contestants before I pass my vote.

GET CRACKIN' LADIES and/or GENTLEMEN!

_
Patience man, it's a long month!

Here ya go, maybe this will tide you over til tomorrow.
Installed a new CB this weekend, had it tuned and is outputting 35 watts, pretty decent!

Dave

post #13 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 12:27 AM

Bronco Info: 1981 4 inch lift w/35s. Built 300/T-19. Sliding Windows. Front&Rear Bumpers. Rock Sliders. Dual Batt
Garage
Here is my interior as it sits today. I fit the dual gauge cluster into the open space in the dash and mounted the cb up under the ash tray. Other than that, the dash is completely original.

post #14 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 10:16 AM
FSM Lifetime

The grill and bumper were a bit messed up and I have never liked chrome all that much
so I found a nice grill shell and bumper and painted them grey.

Then I snatched up a 4 barrel intake and carb to wake the old tired 351 up a bit

Added a small tach and painted the bezels grey also, the wood trim was not to my liking

Dave

post #15 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 10:23 AM

Garage
I forgot to mention that I am from Ventura, California and not Grand Junction, Colorado. I picked the truck up an hour away from my house (which is why its so crazy I found it on AZ craigslist) and drove it for two years while I went to junior college. I ended up getting a scholarship to play football in Colorado in Grand Junction. I could not turn down the offer and packed up the Bronco for the 1,200 mile journey. Here are some shots of the rig when I first moved to Colorado. I had installed a set of 33x12.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs with a set of black wheels with chrome lips I found online before I left California.

(Notice my brothers '78 Chevy shortbed, regular cab and my dads '91 Ramcharger with a 318 and 4 speed)

This picture was taken at my a cabin that my great grandpa built in Estes Park, Colorado. He owned a bicycle shop in town and the inside of the cabin used bike crates as the walls. It was built in the 1920's and my grand parents spent most of their time there. When they passed away, it was too hard to maintain the cabin and we had to sell it. I drove the truck up for a weekend before it sold.
post #16 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 10:32 AM
FSM Lifetime

Soon after this I found a set of cheap 33" tires, they fit well with no lift but
I got bored of that pretty quickly so I ordered a 6" lift from JBG, up it went!

Wish I had gotten more pics of the lift going in but I had to install in the street and had to
get it done as quick as possible.

Needed some step to climb in after the lift, but being on a budget I needed to get creative.
Cut 2 lengths of chain to 18" and drilled a couple holes, presto!

Found a set of 37" Super Swampers in Idaho falls which was about 4 hours away, so it was road trip time!
This was the first long trip with the Bronco, I was a bit worried but it made the trip with flying colors.
ghuculiak likes this.

Dave

post #17 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 11:05 AM

Garage
After two years of stock height and rubbing the hell out of my 33's on just about anything you could possibly rub on.. it was time for a lift! I searched on here a bunch and ended up going with the JBG 4 inch lift with full rear springs and the extended radius arms. I wish I would have been more camera friendly with the installation but here is how it sat with a 4 inch lift and 33's.

Here's a pic of my Dad and I installing a factory rollbar I found at the junkyard for 40$.
post #18 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 11:25 AM

Garage
So I am randomly driving along this backroad in Colorado and I see this little junkyard with a bronco in it. It looked lifted from what I could see and it looked more like a rig that somebody drove, rather than was parting out. So I pulled over (you never know what you'll find!) and found an '89 with a d44 sas, Broncoair OBA kit, front winch bumper, rock sliders and custom rear bumper with tire carrier. I could not believe it! The old man that owned the junkyard said that somebody basically just gave him the rig.

So for $150 I got myself a custom rear bumper with tire carrier.

Then I just welded two bolts on the backside of the carrier and used a Hi-Jack mounting bracket in the center to secure the jack.

Finally, I cleaned up the bumper and painted it. The bumper had two flat platforms on either side of the spare and I was wanting to put a Jerry Can back there but was not sure where to mount it. I looked around and found a universal mount that Smittybilt makes. It was perfect. I drilled four holes, bolted it down and got myself a new can. Oh, and I just bolted an L bracket to the top of the tire carrier and re-installed my CB antenna.

-Bumper: $150
-Jack Mount: $50
-Smittybilt jerry can mount: $25
-Jerry can: $25

Total: $250 for completely custom rear bumper
ghuculiak likes this.
post #19 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Bronco Snob

Bronco Info: 1992 XLT 351W E4OD 4" lift TRE flip 130 amp 3G Alt Saginaw P.S. BFG MT KM2 315 75 16
Garage
Good lookin show so far.... ntahmisyan...WHERE YOU AT, OBS BOY?!!

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a higher degree of both. - Milton Friedman -
post #20 of 209 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Resurection Ranch

Bronco Info: Blue Eyes,Black Stallion, Shadow & Filly
Sorry fellas, we were on vacation in Carova Beach for the last few days.

What's my Bronco's story? Well, I picked it up from a longtime member here. FordFilly, was the person who constructed the foundation for it. Funny thing is it was kinda for sale going all the way back to 2013. I picked it up back in may of this year. I wasn't really looking for another Bronco. I just couldn't pass on this one. Too good of a deal on one well built Bronco. I'll get into all of that as the month goes on. Below are the for sale threads Filly posted. I posted in the original one way back in '13.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...-bronco-2.html
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...en-sold-2.html

I did a day trip to pick it up.

Rick
My Projects- "Left for Dead"
Filly

tidewaterbroncos@gmail.com (also on facebook)

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode