March 2016 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: March 2016 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!!
aschessla 24 48.98%
AbandonedBronco 25 51.02%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

300Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Big Six

Bronco Info: 1981 300ci 6cyl w/4bbl conversion. 4spd NP-435 manual. 32" tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschessla View Post
Boys & their toys! Here's my baby, pulling my baby with my baby in the passenger seat. Sorry no pics of her you horn-dogs!

Nice looking toys.

Aren't Broncos great for pulling toys?

March 2016 FOTM
1981 Bronco. 300 I6. 450cfm QuickFuel 4bbl. BFG A/T KO2 32x11.5" tires. NP-435 trans. EFI exhaust manifolds. 2.5" Exhaust. DUI performance ignition. Redhead steering box w/ Saginaw PS pump.
Supermotors Pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 01:30 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie Bauer 5.8L, 4" BDS radius arm lift, 35x12.5's, Bassani headers, K&N CAI, Warn manual hubs
Darth_ted_82 likes this.

post #63 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 01:59 PM

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 306ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
AB I didn't know you switched to the quick fuel carb. I've still got the 390 Holley and seeing and reading how awesome that new carb is, I may have to splurge. Admittedly, I know nothing about adjusting a carb and mine is still set up for the mile high area and I'm at 1000 ft above sea level. Guess I should figure it out lol. I do know it was originally a 4000 ft and up vehicle.

Enough of my ramblings, lookin good guys. I love the variety of rigs this month. They are all different and represent FSB perfectly.

94 Bronco XLT. Beefy 351, 6" , 37's, 4.88: burnt
85 Bronco custom, 4" 37's, locked 4.56, 300 i6 4 bbl, np435/208
96 f350 XL, rclb, 351, c6, BW4407 xfer
78 f150 Ranger, 351m, t18, np205, rusty
90 f150, 95 f250, 96 f350 psd: stolen, sold, and burnt, respectively.

post #64 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Big Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue 94 View Post
AB I didn't know you switched to the quick fuel carb. I've still got the 390 Holley and seeing and reading how awesome that new carb is, I may have to splurge. Admittedly, I know nothing about adjusting a carb and mine is still set up for the mile high area and I'm at 1000 ft above sea level. Guess I should figure it out lol. I do know it was originally a 4000 ft and up vehicle.

Enough of my ramblings, lookin good guys. I love the variety of rigs this month. They are all different and represent FSB perfectly.
Very recently. Only about 2 - 3 weeks ago but I'm glad I waited for their 450cfm version.
It's also nice having all modern machining, tolerances, etc. and the maximum of tunability. (Stock, all the jetting, air bleeds, fuel restrictions, etc. are adjustable). And it costs less than a generic Holley.

March 2016 FOTM
1981 Bronco. 300 I6. 450cfm QuickFuel 4bbl. BFG A/T KO2 32x11.5" tires. NP-435 trans. EFI exhaust manifolds. 2.5" Exhaust. DUI performance ignition. Redhead steering box w/ Saginaw PS pump.
Supermotors Pics
post #65 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 06:21 PM
Big Six

On to one of the projects I had been looking forward to. New tires.

My Bronco was originally equipped with the optional 235 75R15 tires, which are 29" tires. At least they weren't the stock 215 75R15" tires, which are 27.5" tires. But still, they certainly didn't offer anything in the way of looks. And I had hit my fair share of rocks here and there.

I didn't want to lift the Bronco, and since it has a 3.00 rear end, I definitely didn't want to overdo the size and have to pay to regear it. Eventually, I settled with the 31" tire size as well as some new rims. The stock rims were horrid when it came to backspacing. As you can see in this picture, the hub sticks out several inches past the edge of the tire!

I found some nice, used aluminum rims and ordered 31" BFG A/T tires.

Since I was pretty poor at the time, I figured I'd save money by mounting the tires myself. I ordered some balance beads and then used a crowbar to mount them. The first tire took a good hour to figure out, but once I had the technique down, it really wasn't too bad. The other three probably took about 30 minutes combined.

They looked amazing compared to what I was used to, and I was salivating to get them on the Bronco.

Definitely a little bit taller:

And swapped places:

I finished getting them on just in the nick of time. It snowed for several days, and I now had some good tires. They were immediately put to the test.

The tires finally fill out the wheel well, and no more hub sticking out past the rim.

Took it out in the snow for some more pics. This is the first time I actually thought my Bronco looked stout, strong, and cool. I'd never really liked the way it looked before that.

However, looks-wise, something I've always been appreciative about my Bronco is that it came with a BLACK interior. I've never seen another black interior, and this era of the 80s loved making interiors colors like pimp-red, and baby-felt-blue. So, especially with a red Bronco, a fully black interior (seats, floor, dash, everything) is pretty darn cool.

Coming up next: transmission swap!
BikerPepe` and Darth_ted_82 like this.

March 2016 FOTM
Supermotors Pics
post #66 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 07:46 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie Bauer 5.8L, 4" BDS radius arm lift, 35x12.5's, Bassani headers, K&N CAI, Warn manual hubs
Chapter 7:

This was a very pivotal day in the history of the Blue Beast! I had spent days researching a method to remove and store the top. After thinking I had come up with a solution, I came across this Electric Motorized Storage Lift System from Garage Gator. Rated at 220 lbs, I figured it would work and was basically plug & play. I got here all rigged up and ready to remove the top for the 1st time ever. Yeah, two previous owners but I popped that cherry!!!

I ended up using ratchet straps to secure the top to the cross bar. Worked out but am planning to rig up a different solution.

My best friend wanted to be there when I popped the top so bad that he didn't talk to me for a week cuz I didn't wait. In my defense, I called him before hand and he didn't pick up.

The height was perfect for my garage, just barely!

Here she is in all her glory!!! TOPLESS, my favorite look!!!

My son and I enjoying the fresh air.

Let me take a selfy!

Soft top coming soon!

post #67 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 08:31 PM

Bronco Info: '79 Freewheeler
Garage
Quote:
Love the do!
Oh, I was famous for my righteous mullet. I grew it out for another 7 years after that photo, it was almost to my waist. I finally got tired of being teased about it, and threatened with having my picture posted on various web sites. I still miss it on occasion, though my hair has thinned a bit now so it would never be the same...

I've been searching through boxes for photographs all week. I've found a great many from '96-04, but can't seem to find the ones from '92-96. So, I'm missing the ones I took when the Bronco was new to me in '94. Hopefully they'll still turn up and I can post them later, but I'm falling behind here! Time to post up some new stuff to keep people from voting too early before they get to see all of the awesome to come!

So, in 1995 I moved from Montana to Portland, Oregon. I loaded my Bronco with all of my possessions (except my Mustang, which lived in storage for six months until I flew back and got it), tossed my cat in the back, and left the snow/ice/15 degree weather behind on that February morning. I arrived in Vancouver, Washington (just over the river from Portland) late that night. The next day was 65 degrees! I had a big grin on my face as I unpacked. The following day I woke up to 4" of snow and freezing temperatures. Hmm. Oh well, let's go skiing! It turned out that the snow/cold was quite an anomaly, and *nobody* around here knows how to drive in it. It took me over an hour to go five miles because of all the idiots creeping along or actually STOPPED on the highway. I turned around and went back.
Anyway, enough rambling. Pictures:

Who doesn't love a topless Bronco? I try to leave mine off most of July and August every year. I recently bought a hoist to lift mine off too, but have not managed to get it set up yet. I need a bunch of 220 wiring, as it's an industrial unit I got used (and cheap).

Here's a picture that shows something I discovered about a week after I bought it. I had taken a very similar picture back when I bought it, and when I saw that the passenger fender didn't reflect, I had to inspect it closely.

Turns out my Bronco had been in a fender bender before I bought it. That fender, along with the bumper and grill shell, had been replaced. Some unknown painter *airbrushed* that design onto the fender. And I have to say, he did a fantastic job. Other than the lack of reflective quality, you'd never notice without a serious inspection.
When my Bronco was repainted a few years ago, I just couldn't stand the thought of covering up that work. I bought a new fender to paint and stripe, and that one is hanging on my shop wall.

That grill guard, as well as the wheels on the Bronco in these photos, were actually on my earlier maroon '79 Bronco. I liked the grill guard (it was not a factory piece), so transferred it and added some cheap lights to it. I swapped the wheels at the lot when I traded mine for this one. It was 99 degrees and on black asphalt. But the wheels on my rig then were cheap modular steel wheels in black, with worn tires, and my turbine rims had almost new Cooper Discoverer 31x10.5r15 tires on them. Well worth the suffering.

Lance
'79 Bronco - Freewheeling Package
429/C6/NP205

Last edited by SteelSteeds; 03-04-2016 at 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling
post #68 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 08:44 AM

Chapter 8:

I love this forum because of all the good information and helpful peeps! Recently, thanks to a post, I discovered turn signal mirrors were an option mostly on 96 EB's. HHHMMMM, I have a 96 EB. Wonder if I have those. Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!
I do!!!

The unfortunate part was the driver's side didn't work and the passenger mirror was all scratched up from Ice-magedon last year... So I decided to redo the turn signals since I already had the stock wires in place.

I actually like these better!!!

BikerPepe` likes this.

post #69 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

Bronco Info: '95 302 XLT
Man, It's only been six days and already I can see its going to be a tuff choice to be made here...

Keep those pictures and videos coming in...

Thanks,
Allcruisen
Darth_ted_82 likes this.

Vote for FOTM !!!

VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"
post #70 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Big Six

One thing that always bugged me about my Bronco was the transmission. It came with the aluminum SROD transmission. With no low gear, and the 3.00 rear, it didn't have a whole lot of grunt until I went into low range. Plus, the transmission's housing is somewhat weak, and the torquey 300 had already broken the mounting tabs off of it. I had the mighty 300, the stout 9" rear, and it was linked together with a weak transmission. No good.

Well, now that I had 31" tires, the RPMs in overdrive had become so low that I almost never used it, effectively leaving me with a 3 speed. 65mph was around 1500 RPMs, which seems nice and low, but it dropped the engine vacuum enough to where I was always in the power circuit of the carburetor. Any gas mileage gains from low RPMs was lost from the carb dumping more fuel to turn the engine.

Well, one day I pulled into my parking space at work, put the clutch to the floor and immediately heard a loud *CRUNCH*. The pedal snapped to the floor and stayed. I immediately turned the engine off and left it. My Bronco had never let me down before and this was no different. I could have been in the middle of the road, shifting on the interstate, who knows. But it waited until I was safely parked at work. Turns out later, my throwout bearing was toast.

So, I knew I was going to have to pull the transmission and decided while I was at it, it was time to change things up. Luck would have it that I found a parts truck for $300 that came with both a 300 and an NP-435 transmission. Plus, it was a hydraulic clutch, which was an upgrade from my mechanical. I was able to drive it 30 miles home, which let me know what condition it was in. Despite being hideous, it ran like a top. Time to swap it all in!

The truck was at my brother's house, since I didn't have a place for it, so once I pulled it, I had to haul it all home. Took a couple trips.

The shift towers are completely different, so I needed that too.

In fact, every single part was different. I needed the transmission, bell housing, shifter tower, pedals, and the floor mat. I also grabbed the NP-208 out of it since mine had been jumping chain teeth.

First step was cleaning up the engine.

New flywheel, pressure plate, clutch, etc. I also put all new gaskets on the engine I was putting in, including the head gasket. I wanted it to be good to go.

The current engine was rattling and making all sorts of noise, so I decided to swap it out.

The *new* one in place.

I thought that was the hard part. Now for the transmission swap. One of the most tedious and painstaking tasks I've ever undertaken. It wasn't necessarily hard, it was just that no matter how much I did, there always seemed to be 20 - 30 more steps ahead of me I hadn't done yet. I took time off of work to finish it and the swap honestly took around three to four 8 hour days. I was beat.

Inspecting the NP-435 gears. I had no idea what I was looking for (never seen inside a transmission), but it didn't hurt to look.

The NP-435 is around 120 lbs. It wasn't the easiest thing to move around. The SROD, on the other hand, is around 50. The size difference between the two was impressive.

Unlike the SROD, I had to jack up the Bronco to get the NP-435 underneath it.

I needed to swap shift towers since the SROD shifters are in a completely different location than the NP-435. I also didn't want holes in the floor mat, so I needed the entire floor mat as well. I couldn't believe my luck that the parts truck had a black, rubber floor mat exactly like mine, plus it was in MUCH better shape. So I was able to swap it right in.

SROD:

NP-435:

Once the transmission was in, I swapped in the transfer case. I noticed immediately that the tailshaft was different due to being out of an f-series truck.

F-truck

Bronco

Not to be deterred, I swapped the tailshaft from my Bronco t-case over. I'd never been inside a transfer case before, but it was surprisingly straightforward.

The shaft on the left needed to come out, but the chain has NO flex, so the gear on the right needed to come off.

It's simply held on by a big C clip.

Once the gear was off:

The tailshaft came out:

Once it was all swapped around, I buttoned it back up and put it in:

All bolted up and in place.

Not to be left without more steps to do, next was the hydraulic setup:

The bell housing's were about 95% the same, save for the provision for a hydraulic slave cylinder.

Using the gasket as a template, I measured where the master cylinder needed to go. If I was off just a little bit, it wouldn't match up with the pedals on the inside.

Drilled and in place:

I'm going to skip over some of the nightmare I had getting the clutch arm in place, as this has gone on long enough. But let's just say that Ford discontinued a part that the service manual specifies is to be replaced EVERY time it is removed. As you can see in this pic, the new clutch rod has splines on the end. The arm that is hanging slides onto the splines and the grooves are cut AS you tighten it down. So, if you remove it and try to put it back on, it strips out like butter. I tried welding it at first, but that was a waste of effort. Finding a new arm proved fruitless, so I finally pulled an entire pedal assembly from the junk yard that still had the arm in place.

Lastly, getting the clutch spring back in place. I can't tell you how many times this thing shot out and hit me before I finally tamed it.

After that, I cut the wires and it popped into place.

All in all, once it was done (which I was glad it was), it was the best thing I've done for my Bronco (aside from going with a 4bbl). The transmission shifts like butter, and everything about it just feels strong. With the granny gear, I went from a crawl ratio of 25.4 to 52.4. I love the hydraulic clutch. And with a 3.00 rear end, I'm still only at 2500 RPMs at 75mph.
Tough as nails, just like it should be.

March 2016 FOTM
Supermotors Pics
post #71 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedBronco View Post
On to one of the projects I had been looking forward to. New tires.
I love me new shoes too!

After flirting with General Grabbers, which were not bad tires, I decided to return to my 1st and true love, GF Goodrich!

Still need to clean that blue stuff off!

TJSmoot and Darth_ted_82 like this.

post #72 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 12:39 PM

Exhaust upgrade

When I added the Bassani Headers, I upgraded the whole exhaust. I added the matching Bassani y-pipe w/ high flow cat and 3" pipe all the way back topped off with a Flowmaster 40 series. Not only was the sound so much better but the truck exhaust flowed so much more! It was like a Beast coming alive!

I love the dumped muffler. On cold mornings, I love how the exhaust steam bellows from the rear. Looks very ominous.

TJSmoot likes this.

post #73 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 01:51 PM

Hear this baby roar!

post #74 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 02:12 AM

Bronco Info: 1995 5.8L, 37DC, K&N, 3G, Sag, York, Magnaflow, Flowtech, Deaver, SAS, MSD, 8 lugs
First I like to congratulate raleigh for a winning FOTM January 2016.

He’s the one behind my nomination to run FOTM March 2016. We both are members of Bronco Club in Las Vegas, NV – vegasbroncos.com. I manage club FB and website.

I also like to acknowledge FSB member – GKR who’s “Black Perl” is my endless source of inspirations for all the mods. He sold it long time ago and I’m just glad I could see at least pictures of his truck. What a great machine he built!

Some of mine mods that you will see from pictures below are inspired by his great work.

So this is the story of my Bronco.

It was born in 1995 into Eddy Bauer family and somehow made its way from its place of birth across a continent into Las Vegas. I know nothing about his previous Master and how it was treated and maintained. When I found it in local Title Loan Center via Craig’s List it was not in very good shape, but for $1,200 it was good enough to make it to new home.

It was obvious that it was not driven in salt belt region before – not a speck of rust - one less thing to worry about.

Shortly after I brought it home I started doing extensive research on FSB site – what a great source of info this site is – trying to figure out what and how to fix existing issues and get inspired on improvements.

I opened up my valet (psssst don’t say that to my wife) and parts started to arrive – new water pump, radiator and hoses , oil pan gasket, new head and tail lights, cables, sparkplugs, distributor, solenoid, all kinds of bushings, front main gasket, stereo, speakers, battery, some special tools too not even counting oil, antifreeze and all that…

Oh and front seats too. I almost forgot. These came from junkyard – Mazda MVP was the donor.

I also registered on FSB site around that time.

Once I had garage open (that was the time when truck actually fit into my garage) as I was swearing and coursing over something that did not go very well, older gentlemen out of nowhere came over… peeked into garage, looked at the Bronco and said: ”These Broncos are great trucks, but you have to keep working on it… keep working on it”. I remember that moment since.
Well… And that is what I’m doing.

I should have started to log how many hours I spend working on it. It would be interesting to see ratio of how many hours spent driving/working on it. To this day I would guess it’s around 100+ hours of working on it per 1 hour driving it. But who cares what the ration is anyway, right? Love cannot be measured that way.

Before I pull it out of the garage I had to do something with the wheels and tires, since each tire on the truck was different size and rim has different color and shape. A guy on Craig’s list was selling set of great looking used rims along with billet grille and other parts. I was thinking about that billet grille for a while but I like more the stock one. So I got those rims and put them in the corner of tiny garage while installing Rough Country 6” lift kit and Pro Comp extended radius arms with new shocks etc.

With limited knowledge and just very basic set of tools available, following rather generic installation instructions I managed to install the kit.

It was time to pull it out of garage. So now truck has 6” lift sitting on small - terrible looking tires (new rims still in boxes in in corner of my garage). Oh what an ugly duck! But most of the known issues were fixed like all the leakage and such!

What can I do to improve the look of it – how about a set of 4 chrome off-road - high beam lights on front bumper? Not bad – something unique.

Local tire shop had Thanksgiving sale going on 35” BF mudders. All four brand new tires installed for around $800.

I have not checked the price lately but I bet you cannot find that same set for same price anymore. So I drew my ugly duck across valley for new boots. Oh what a difference! Brand new 35”mudders on these fabulous rims and 6” lift – beautiful. I have fallen in love - for 2nd time in a row.

On the very same day, later that evening when I took my wife for the first time in lifted Bronco to grocery store. A young guy, on store parking lot in his big new shiny Cadillac SUV, came over and told me how great the Bronco looks and how much he likes it – especially these chrome off road light on front bumper. He mentioned that he owned big Bronco before he started his family. He offered me to swap his SUV for my Bronco. Can you believe that? To this day I’m not sure if he was serious about that. I have not seen him ever since.

This also was the first time I had to take Bronco to a service. Local 4 Wheel shop did front wheel alignment. Little I knew how this became a major issue for months to come. Cost - $250 (x1)

Around Christmas it was a time take Bronco for a short trip to see what’s capable of. So how about sand dunes? Should be fun, nothing dangerous, right?! Northwest of Las Vegas is Amargosa Valley Sand dunes. Let’s go there! Weather was not so great at that time of the year, strong winds, ready to rain any time, but not an issue. So entire family went - all four of us. Got there, nobody was there, except just one truck – great! We have dunes just for ourselves. It was just shortly before lunch time when my son took a turn and rode truck into deeper sand. Automatic locking hubs – engaged 4x4 - brand new tires - invincible! With this setup Bronco can conquer anything! No worries!

Yay! What a mistake. It took all of us couple of hours trying to dig axels deep buried Bronco – by bare hands before we realized that we need somebody’s help. No shovel, no tools, no spare parts, no rope, no winch – nothing! Oh and these automatic hub locks – there were not working. Oh of course! So there was no 4x4. Ouch! Great way to find out! When it looked like we will never get out of there that day – my wife walked to that only guy in entire area bagging for help. He was not thrilled as he was just having a lunch with his family. So after a while he came over with his pickup truck – no rope, just tie-down - light duty straps. Oh boy! After he snapped two of them and Bronco did not move an inch he suggested to let some air out from tires. To Do What Now??? “Yeah, you know… let some air out of your brand new mudders and truck will get out of the sand on its own…” he said. “Really?” before he finished his sentence his teenage boys had already unscrewed all four vent caps and air starting to hissing out. He was right – Bronco was able to get out on its own even without 4x4. Victory! What a great truck! Needless to say the trip was over. By the time we got it out of sand it was already late, cold and we were tired and angry. We could still have a fun riding the dunes on deflated tires, though… Nay some other time! After driving home on deflated tires on a HWY for about 30 miles we hit a gas station. It did not have working air compressor station! Can you believe that? Next one was some 15 miles down the road. Did I mention that road home was uphill with strong headwind? The needle on gasoline gauge was falling down like its shot-dead, but we made it home OK. Oh what a trip!

One of the things I try to adhere to is “Learn from the past experiences, yours or others, to make the future better.”

So with that I got on FSB site again and start looking on what to do to improve my Bronco.

And here goes that line again: “I opened up my valet and more parts stared to arrive” I’ll be using this line a lot throughout this article as you can guess already.

Now with manual hub locks, Saginaw steering pump, York 09 from junk yard on homemade bracket and all kinds of hoses and small treaded pipes my Bronco was once again ready to concur the world.

Around that time I joint Las Vegas Broncos club. When the very first meeting was over, we went outside. There on parking lot, guys went to check my ride. One of club leaders (checking out my ride) said: “Oh we have one stock Bronco here…” “What…???” I already dropped $4G on it and countless number of hours… “What do you mean stock Bronco…?” Another guy with FSB showed up that day. He had it done as pre-runner. He must have put unbelievable amount of hours and money into it. What a machine. So guys rather focused on his truck. Sadly I have not seen him or his truck ever again.

It’s interesting how many Broncos (old or full size) flashed in our club not to be seen ever again. But that’s different story.

It was springtime and in Las Vegas. Perfect weather for all outdoor. As I was driving my Bronco down the street a guy on red light said: ”Your front tires are out of alignment, top is too much in and bottom out. You are wearing your tires out a lot with that” OK Let me check. Yep he was right. New coil springs that came with the lift kit were sagging - a lot. I had to take truck to the same 4 Wheel shop for another alignment. Cost $250 (x2)
To be continue…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8588-2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	75810   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8611-2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	75818   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP9485-2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	75826  
BikerPepe` likes this.
post #75 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 11:59 AM

Getting her dirty and a little flexing...

The wifey is a photographer, so she always throws in a B/W photo or two!

BikerPepe` likes this.

post #76 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan65 View Post
To be continue…
Nice looking rig!

post #77 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 09:28 AM

Chapter 9:

I finally decided to visit my local JY to complete the infamous Saginaw power steering upgrade. I lucked out and found a 5.8L Econoline right off the bat. Removing from the donor was pretty easy and I was on my way.

The pump needed some cleaning but appeared to be in good shape. I was able to use all my original bolts since it came from a 5.8L!

Notice the cap? I snagged one from a Ford Explorer. Looked nicer than the stock cap.

The Econoline pressure hose was in good shape as well and installed with minimal effort!

Removing the old power steering pump. Good riddens!

Down worry, I didn't leave that last a/c bolt off… The intake support bracket mounts there, so added it later.

Such a great mod! No more whine, wheels turn with complete ease and straight forward install! I wish I had done it sooner...

post #78 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 09:43 AM

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 306ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Aschessla, that last bw pic is awesome. Looks like a promo shot or something. Props to your wifey on the pics. Love the "flex" shot lol. I still can't get over that blue color. Is it the factory color?

post #79 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue 94 View Post
Aschessla, that last bw pic is awesome. Looks like a promo shot or something. Props to your wifey on the pics. Love the "flex" shot lol. I still can't get over that blue color. Is it the factory color?
Thanks! Yeah, that's the stock color. Was debating doing the Rhino lining paint but would want to try and match the same color scheme. We'll see.

post #80 of 266 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 10:11 AM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks! Yeah, that's the stock color. Was debating doing the Rhino lining paint but would want to try and match the same color scheme. We'll see.
Shoot me the paint code when you get a chance please. Man that is so nice, I think rhino lining would make it look bad. Id save the rhino for a beater truck imho

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode