May 2016 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Who will be your May 2016 F.O.T.M.?
itwasFREE!!!! 26 41.27%
Broncojoe96 12 19.05%
new78bronco 7 11.11%
ntahmisyan 18 28.57%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

253Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 12:15 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '79 built 400, Ford 10.5" Rear, Dana 60 Front, Locked, Twin Sticked
Shaping up to be great month!

Going to be some tough competition for FOTY in a few months!

Dave

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 01:56 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoJoe96 View Post
Looking good @itwasFREE. You're making me get excited for my SAS. I'm hoping to get cracking on it this weekend.
Thank you, the swap is well worth it, But shoot Joe I really]dig that rear bumper set up, man I might vote for you just because of that, O wait were in a contest together, I better not.
B-man and BroncoJoe96 like this.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln

Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016
post #23 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 02:03 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 379sinvb View Post
Whew wee......., That's what I call fast out the gate iwf!
Well when your truck just goes slow, you got to do most everything else fast. But hey being I lived at 51st and Atlantic ave corner 2 story rite next to the Hotel for 3 yrs then at Chicks beach right next to the bar for 5 yrs I got a question for you regarding Resurrection Ranch. Ill pm you later, if that cool with you.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln

post #24 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 08:14 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Get in, sit down, buckle up its time to ride. O yeah you have to share the seat with my best friend dont worry they dont bite they just wana go for a ride!!!!

needless to say they have it made in the back of the Bronco with ceiling and floor harnesses.

Ill get a picture up so you can see how secure but moblie they can be. well lets go wheeling how about it?

phs0cxglRqA

Here some pictures on the Ramp at the 2012 Bronco Stampede a Rock Springs Az.

The dog says come on lets go somewhere! Like the Ponds so we can go swimming.

So to get to the ponds you have to go through this wash, well a couple of years ago there was a massive flood,

heres some pictures of just how deep it was!

Same wash still heading to the ponds.

Finally made it, I have a video of this place, Ill see I can Find It.

ok so when you've had a hot day wheeling in the desert and we've had some serious monsoon rains, we get togo swimming

& cool of. This is a video of several places where you are several miles into the mountains. A couple others are right off the road. This should make you want to come

to Tucson to go Wheeling. Enjoy.

3skG7yPah_w

Time togo to work.
Quader1 likes this.

post #25 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 01:13 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco SAS 5.13s locked front and rear 40" iroks
Late to the party as always:

Whats up guys! Thank you so much for the nomination! My names Nick I live on Long island, New York. Im 22 years old, own my own 4x4 shop and have a sick and twisted love for OBS fords, owning more than 20 so far. However my current bronco turned into my pride and joy! Im going to try to keep the updates in Chronological order, as well as a big mod/wheeling update mid month with my current shenanigans so hold your votes till the end!

Heres my truck I bought for 300$ on her way to scrap. I was going to part her out but as always I fell in love and here I am.

When I bought her:

As she sits today:

post #26 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 07:43 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good evening everybody how about some pre LED rock lighting shots and video.

So this video is at Three feathers so remember that name as will refer to it on a couple of occasions with other videos, its still grainy but if you watch closely youll see that right front tire fighting the air.
then later on Ill mention this video again and you'll see a day time run.

v8uazI-Ryng

Some more night shots Pre Led

ok so now out with the old and in with the new LEDS, i took 2 old halogens from under the truck and placed

them on each side of the frt bumper for distant spots and the LED lite bar right in the middle.

I have more night video and led rock lite wheeling pictures for you to see in the coming weeks.

Wana see a sneak peak of something else?

xdxoZyeUCyg
JGR and Quader1 like this.

post #27 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 10:05 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1996 5.0L Automatic Bronco XLT
It seems like most dogs are smart, and that's why they like Broncos. My 4 legged friend doubles as my co pilot at times as well.

Just as long as the tops not off.

Normally I'm not a selfie guy, but couldn't pass up the chance with the old dog, and the Bronco

Tomorrow I'll start on showing some rust repair on the rig. I'll leave you with this picture of Roxy enjoying some time in the Bronco before it was even drivable.
BikerPepe`, TJSmoot and RicoBronco like this.

Built not Bought
post #28 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 10:51 PM
FSM Lifetime

Decided I should post this video up too. It's an overview of most of the original build on the truck 2 years ago. Tomorrow I'll go more in-depth on the rust repair, but I thought you'd be able to get a pretty good idea what I was up against. Enjoy

QIZh0eodDyU

(If the video isn't working for you let me know. Sometimes having music causes issues.)

Built not Bought
post #29 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 08:27 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good morning i hope your well rested, i have some garage stuff to show you plus we'll be hitting the trail today.
But first how about some video action you first saw me going down the crevice, this is going up.

HJv1rwCjc9M

Step into my garage one of my next upgrades besides 4:88 gearing and Auburn Ected Max Lockers fwd and aft, was a very expensive
Stak 4x4 3 speed Monster Box, with 1:1, 3:1, & 5:1 gears. I really liked the thought of being able to dislocate the rear drive tran from the frt,
for a couple of reasons but ill get into that later. West Coast Bronco along with others including four wheeler did a write up on them back in 2006.
heres the link to West Coast Bronco. West Coast Broncos Unfortunately the company went belly up with a dispute amounst the ranks,
and some of the forums talk of the units having issues but i cant say i witnessed any of that. I love my monster box.

This is the 3 sticks, first stick on left is controls front axle, middle (yellowhead) stick controls low 3:1 & 5:1, right stick controls the rear.
The postioning of the sticks determine your gearing ratios.
The outside sticks straight back is 4 high move them forward for low and then move the middle stick fwd for 3:1 or pull it back for 5:1 (99:1 to the ground)

I call the yellow head knob Go slow herman. I dont have any clue why!!!

The next upgrade i did was my Hydro Assist Steering. I was tired of being in a spot trying to turn and couldnt turn the wheel, so i did some research and found
westtexasoffroad home of the RedNeck Ram. I think Bonsai and Cstrike both are running them. I wouldnt do without it, 2nd best upgrade i did.
I did the saginaw pump upgrade at the same time and added (though illegal a steering knob).

Being that the ram doesnt return to center 100% i had to figure out an easy, quick way to disconnect and connect plus mnt the ram when driving on the freeway.

So your seeing the original mounting bracket for my ram I'll explain the change in few more post.

Lets go outside and play. Heres just a couple of random photos. Doing some bumper dragging.

One day Ill drive all the way over this rock. shoot maybe we"ll make a video of it during the contest.

These pictures were of my trial run with the Deavers coils and 5150 Bilsteins. A couple of these you've already seen, but the comparsions are undeniable.

This picture shows the same rock but with the Super Lift stiffy non flexy coils

Remember the night run well its now day light the video is grainy, however it has alot of tire floating action with unseen devastation! costly too.

jlM1NVBjVwg

What you didnt hear at the end or did you? I gernaded the rear end. Heres where my transfer case come in to play I was able to dislocate the rear end back down the hill take a bypass and drive up with the frt axles pulling me.
Now I was about 7 miles from pavement, so My friends went on wheeling & I took my broke/lame horse home. 2 miles down the road rearend locked up on me, I had to open the rear cover and fish chunks of gears out so it would roll.
Now I'm on the pavement still doing the frt wheel drive thing, and every so often the rear end would catch and I'd almost come to a dead stop, needless to say it was an interesting trek back to town but I made it.
Time to head to work. Prepare for tonight.
BikerPepe`, B-man and Quader1 like this.

post #30 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 09:04 AM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Bronco Info: 78 W/400
Garage
post #31 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 10:49 AM

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 300 I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Joe, loving the dog pics. Always had labs myself. She looks like she is in heaven with the top off!

Enjoying the month so far, keep it coming guys!
BroncoJoe96 likes this.

94 Bronco XLT. Beefy 351, 6" , 37's, 4.88: burnt
86 Bronco custom, 4" 37's, locked 4.56, 300 i6 4 bbl, np435/208
96 f350 XL, rclb, 351, c6, BW4407 xfer
78 f150 Ranger, 351m, t18, np205, rusty
90 f150, 95 f250, 96 f350 psd: stolen, sold, and burnt, respectively.
post #32 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 10:51 AM
Big Six

Bronco Info: 1981 300ci 6cyl w/4bbl conversion. 4spd NP-435 manual. 32" tires.
Some good looking Broncos guys, and some fun work done on them!
Enjoying seeing the scenery too.
itwasFREE!!!! and Quader1 like this.

March 2016 FOTM
1981 Bronco. 300 I6. 450cfm QuickFuel 4bbl. BFG A/T KO2 32x11.5" tires. NP-435 trans. EFI exhaust manifolds. 2.5" Exhaust. DUI performance ignition. Redhead steering box w/ Saginaw PS pump.
Supermotors Pics
post #33 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 10:58 AM

Bronco Info: 1978 Ford Bronco Ranger XLT, 400
One reason I invested in a '78 is because of the interior. I love the classic fabric used by Ford in their trucks in the late 70s. And the smell of the vintage interior reminded me immediately of my Gramps' ride. Just that old car smell!

Here is a pic of the interior at the lot when I first checked out the Bronco:

Check out this vintage original backseat! Holy Toledo it screams 70s! lol

Original interior in very good shape. Separating body from frame.

Classic 70s interior.

I haven't started replacing anything inside yet. But I have armrests, door latches, glove box, window cranks, etc.

So that's pretty much it for the interior. Was in great shape even the carpet when pulled up to separate body and frame. The factory radio was removed by previous owner and aftermarket radio installed. I plan to replace this with a factory original.

RED- 1978 Ford Bronco Ranger XLT, 400, NP205
post #34 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 02:21 PM

Bronco Info: 1978 Ford Bronco Ranger XLT, 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoJoe96 View Post
@new78bronco Very nice clean truck. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it throughout the month.
Thank you BroncoJoe96, much appreciated! Will try to upload some pics and vids as time permits.
B-man and BroncoJoe96 like this.

RED- 1978 Ford Bronco Ranger XLT, 400, NP205
post #35 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 02:45 PM
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

Bronco Info: '95 302 XLT
Great start everyone, Looks like it's gonna be another GREAT Month !!!

Allcruisen

Vote for FOTM !!!

VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"
post #36 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 07:21 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Ok lets do this, lets try and finish up the our projects in my garage. But first lets get primed with amother grainy video testing the new Deavers coils.

1Tylp06vQDo

I did a Yellow Top Battery it runs everything but i liked that it had both the top mounts as well as the side mounts for attaching accessories.

So i commented earlier about my transfer case why i wanted to be able to dislocate the rear axle and only pull from the front,
have you ever been at the top of a hill or at a spot that requires a 90` turn & backing up to make a 10 point turn well why not
cutting brakes?

Ill do a video of them in action later in the competiton.

My Radio quit working and with itunes and iphone who needs a radio? but I did need a CB so I pulled the radio and I had some old interior panels
so I mached up a face plate.

painted it and put the CB in where the Radio was. i also added an Altimeter to it.

I had an issue with the driverside Knuckle & tierod so I converted that side to a heim joint. Well as it turned out, I had to redo the whole bar and in doing so I had to change the "mounting bracket" for my ram rod.

I wanted onboard air but I didnt want a york compressor under the hood so I opted for a Viair constant duty kit.

Something I did recently is I put my rear sway bar back on for stability when driving cross country and locally but i wanted some kind of quick connect system.
Though I only was able to do the drop brackets its still quicker than undoing 6 bolts now I only need to Undo 4 bolts and nuts. I used schedule 8 pins and cotters.

I showed you broken Chrome moly shafts, got tired off dumping money into axles so i bit the bullet and bought RCV axles. After watching Tim Cameron rage on his high horse power buggy with Rcv axles and not breaking them
I knew I needed them in my rig. Plus a lifetime no question asked warranty why not. One of the things you were to do during install was grind down the threads on the bottum ball jt so that the boot wouldnt rub on the bolt.
I missed that part in the instructions. At the point I noticed it, there was no way I was going to take it all apart again to fix it.
I hope I dont come to regret that lazy decision.

Well Ive bored you with upgrades so lets see another video.

3WyUOblvQlY

See you all tomorrow.
B-man and Quader1 like this.

post #37 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:19 PM
FSM Lifetime

Like promised here is rust repair. In the video you were probably able to see everything but I'll go into a little more detail now.

After getting the truck drivable, rust and rot repair was the next thing on our list, and we surely had our hands filled with it. Me and my dad decided we never wanted to deal with it again, so we were going to take our time with everything and do it so it lasts. To do so, meant pulling the tank, so into the garage she went for her long slumber. The first spot we decided to tackle was the rear cross member because it was rotted so bad it no longer connected to the quarter panels and they hung and flapped around while driving if the cap wasn't holding them in place.

Jacking up the quarter to align it with where it should be before we cut out the rust.

The rear cross member chopped out. (Also check out the rusted out holes for the body mounts)

This was the start of our new stainless steel cross member. We still added in more gussets and the pipes were there for when you tightened the bolts for the body mounts, that you wouldn't crush it. The open side was sealed with another piece of stainless so it should last a long while.

In with the new

Action shot of my dad cleaning up a couple welds

To finish it up we sealed all the seams and gave it a coat of paint.

Then we had the body mounts. When we went to remove the original ones the frame was so rotted we were able to pull them straight through the frame. What we did was cut plates and drill them to fit the new body mounts we ordered and welded them in. (Flash forward, I'm going to have to do the same body mount repairs on my new frame, but more to come on that later.)

Old vs. new

In the front the core supports were having some issues too so we rebuilt the mounts with 3/8th by 3 inch angle iron.

After the structural repairs was body rust. In the front someone cut the wheel wells to fit the 42s, there was various rust holes around, and then there was the rear wheel wells with the normal rot that these rigs get there so I purchased patch panels from LMC.

Traced where the panel needs to go

Cut out the traced area except a 1/2 an inch in and crimped that area. While the fender was cut out it was a perfect time to patch the inner fender with some stainless patches.

Getting everything all lined up

Welded in and checking to see if the fender flare still fit.

Me giving the passenger side the same treatment

The cool thing with everything being messed up on the truck was that my dad could show me how to do something on one side, and then I could try my hand at it on the other side. This was my first shot on welding sheet metal after my dad demonstrated on the driverís side panel.

Finally everything got an anti rust coating. The inside of the cab was bedlined as well as the underside, the frame was painted with POR 15 and so were the axles and springs, and while we were doing this we also ran nickel/chromium brake lines, which turned out to be great to work with.

(Also installed my manual hubs around this time)

Tomorrow I think I'll flash forward and show some upgrades I've done the truck. Which upgrades? I haven't decided yet so if anyone has any requests, let me know.

Built not Bought
post #38 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:31 PM

Bronco Info: 1978 Ranger XLT 351M / C6
I think rust repair is my favorite spectator sport when it comes to our trucks. I love seeing the work that goes into fixing it but don't want any part of it myself.
BroncoJoe96 likes this.

1978 Bronco XLT Ranger: 351M with Edelbrock intake, FAST EZ EFI 2.0, FAST dual sync dizzy, FAST E6 ignition box, Wild Horses Hydroboost and Sag pump kit, C6 Trans, Dana 44 front and 9" rear

Jim
post #39 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 12:12 AM
Fullsize Member

sorry guys, Iv been so damn busy lately but im back!

my transmission was pretty imploded, so we rebuilt it first

ripped off the rusty ol bumpers

and I cut my rear quarters:
before:

mocked up an idea for a winch plate and light bar, neither of which I ran

bought myself a nifty visor

and sold my other truck and had a set of 36s laying around. Woot the madness begins.

This all happened within the first month of so of owning it. Even though nothing is still in the truck it is still relevant to my story!!
post #40 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 12:28 AM
Fullsize Member

my IFS lift came in

painted said visor

some brush on por15 undercoat so that maybe the truck will last a few more years

Then at 10pm after a very long days work I started my lift

all brand new shackles and hangers the old ones were GONE

damn ifs

and shes alive. I didnt finish the lift till 4am. Came in the next morning, replaced radius arm bushings and went to town with my new role bar.

her first time topless!!

How I got it

primed

painted anadized blue

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode