May 2016 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Page 3 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Who will be your May 2016 F.O.T.M.?
itwasFREE!!!! 26 41.27%
Broncojoe96 12 19.05%
new78bronco 7 11.11%
ntahmisyan 18 28.57%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

253Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 08:20 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Hello Everyone,
Lets get started with I think is the last of the grainy videos, it was a good camera in its prime, I have since upgraded so the quality of the videos will get better.

UIoonfzJHF0

On to some more upgrades and off roading. Another upgrade that I believe is a must is front and rear bumpers, I looked at way to many but I kept coming back to
Protofab4x4 bumpers the quality was off the charts, I know some of you have them on your rigs, so i think youll agree with what I've said and when I say they fit like a glove!
I had absolutley no issues installing them, the Ford factory couldnt make them this precise. Once installed I stopped by Home depot & bought some non slip tape.

I have to give my wife some promps here, once I got my cage in, I knew I wanted padding, she saw me looking at it online and noticed the price and said I can make it alot cheaper than that.
"Not one to Question my wife" (well sometimes) we went to the fabric store, I Love my Wife. Thanks Honey!!! Heres the best picture of her handy work.

You know I did Lighting, well here is where I mounted the new Leds, I'll add the look from the location but in doing so you'll again see a couple of repeats. Then we'll take a road trip to Tucson, and play around on a short mild little trail.

This is my rear facing lights, but with the advice of a friend they also act as back up lights.

This is under the front bumper lighting up in frt of the frt tires.

This location up under the rockers lighting up behind the frt tires and in frt of the rear tires.

Ok did you bring your lunch and plenty of water? Lets travel 130 miles to Tucson. We will be heading up Reddington rd, and we"ll take a little no name trail and play around.
I'll try to post these so you can see a progression of traveling the trail.

Ok your gonna have to wait to finsih that trail. But Heres a little sumpin sumpin From our club run so you'll see some other trucks as well. See ya after work.

sosui-llUT0
Quader1 likes this.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln

Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 08:08 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Good evening Bronco maniacs,

Lets start things off with a Trail ride, & no mercy to the body lol.

silOpHly6OE

So remember when i said the 5150 bilstens trashed my tires because they were to soft, well heres putting the original duff shock mounts back on where they had them in the first place(well almost the same spot)

Heres a shot of the old 5150 and the new 7100 much much better control and handling very happy with them.

Now i know, but looks are deceiving, that shock and mount are perfectly verticle.

Lets do some wheeling Im bored with build stuff. We were last on a trail in Tucson, So lets head back 130 miles and pick up where we last left off.

OK we'll finish this trail after while. I need a beverage, time for another video, How slow can your highway driver go in 4 low? see you all on the flip side. Enjoy.

qL08ambyhWE
BikerPepe`, TJSmoot, JGR and 1 others like this.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln

post #43 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 08:56 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1996 5.0L Automatic Bronco XLT
Like all of us know, a big bad Bronco needs big bad bumpers. Luckily, the front already had a Warn winch bumper on it when I bought the truck, even though it was poorly attached. The rear however only had a pitted stock bumper, and that wasn't going to cut it. First off though was dealing with the front.

Here it was when I originally pulled it off. I started sanding it at this point and was thinking about attaching this grill guard my dad had off an old truck, but it didn't match the body lines. Also when whoever put it on installed it, they welded on the mounts very poorly so the bumper was “loose”. This resulted in the frame not being tied together as strongly as it should have in the front and left a nice crack behind the steering box. When we found that we welded the crack back up and I never got any pictures of it. However to avoid that from happening again my dad and I built a cross member to tie the frame together in the front, and to also strengthen the far ends of the bumper. We used 2x2 thick wall square tubing, just like the rear bumper and running boards.

Cutting the frame square

The inner support all welded on

The bumper primed

And painted

And all mounted up

Then it was time to show it off and I rocked it like that for awhile...

But it was a crime leaving the winch mount empty, so for $299 I got a 12k Harbor Freight winch which has definitely paid for itself getting me out of a few sticky situations as well as aided in moving parts truck around my yard. For awhile it just had the winch.

All until this followed me home. So…

The front bumper got an upgrade. The brush guard is mounted on hinges so if you pull two push pins it folds toward allowing easy access to the engine compartment, winch, etc.

Using the folding function while installing some new Halo headlights.

At this point the original paint was starting to wear through so I decided to repaint with Monstaliner and really like how it came out.

I decided to ditch the bars that covered the headlights.

All back together with my 52 inch light bar mounted on top too. I'll show more of that later but for the most part this is how the front end sits today.

However I've been debating putting a light bar up front like this, except a little larger.

Later tonight I'll get onto the rear bumper and running boards.

But before I leave here's a bonus angle of the underside all cleaned up and pretty.

Thanks for looking!
BikerPepe` likes this.

Built not Bought

post #44 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 10:45 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good Friday Morning to ya.
Lets jump right into a Video slide to start you day off right. This is the start of the Predator Trail its very short but takes couple of hours to run.

j0jUnpj1g-U

This is my custom front diff gaurd. look familar? I actually borrowed a friend's plasma cutter and slice up the left front TTB housing. Then I took 2 bolts welded them together head to head
because the holes in the TTB were bigger than the 78 D44 diff holes. I searched high in low for header bolts matching the 2 sizes, I searched all thread, but no luck
so i just used schedule 8 hardware to make it work. I think it turned out fair enough, its strong, its been hit pretty hard, and I can lift the truck from it.

I needed mirrors with the half doors this is my first attempt I have since added a pair for the roll bar but made them removeable when I put the reg doors back on.

I do believe we have a trail to finish, its not all that spectacular but its a trail, so back 130 miles to Tucson.

Its suppose to be 100* tomorrow thats too early in the year, So let's head back to the high country in search of Snow. Here are some pictures of the storm that
has been brewing all night. The first picture we are in the foothills at the base of the mountain and we drove into what we thought was just fog but as you can tell
it was a little more than that. We were only at about 2600' the second picture is the end of pavement, but not much higher we are just on the otherside, The thermals
around the base of the mountains create some creepy weather especially during our monsoon season.

Yes even the Desert gets some snow every once in a great while. I think the snow on the majestic Saquaros is a conflict of the Desert. We are at about 3500' here. but we"ll be climbing in a bit.

Lets watch a video of the the beginning of the trail once were above the weather down below. Then we'll put away the camera so we can focus on the task at hand
which will be navigating a narrow slick trail where the edge is not the place to be as one wrong move and there will be no recovery for your rig.

vRVcWon5uGw

Put your phone away No texting on this spot. No No No.

No No No, Keep your dang eyes on the trail, no time for sky larking, my hands are starting to sweat & I'm not even there, I'm not ashamed to say I was lil Skeered.

Crap late for work will finish this trail tonight. Boss isnt going to believe me when I say I was playing in the snow. Anybody out there for an alibi?
BikerPepe`, JGR and Quader1 like this.

post #45 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 09:08 PM

Bronco Info: Rosita my 95 XLT Sport, 5.8, 33x12.5x15, 6 inch lift, factory limited slip, manual hubs
Garage
@Itwasfreee did you hand built the roll cage? Looks pretty sweat!
post #46 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 09:29 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CainsBigRed View Post
@Itwasfreee did you hand built the roll cage? Looks pretty sweat!
I would love to say heck ya, hand bent the tubing by filling with sand and wrapped it around the tree etc.. but the truth is It was a craigs list find for $199.00

post #47 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 09:43 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good Evening FSB
I hope everyone is enjoying the show that we all are putting on for you.
Its Friday, the 1st week is almost a thing of the past. So lets start the weekend off right with a video.
Then we"ll jump back into the snow and finish that trail. So in this video I found out that i didnt turn on my lockers either one of them,
we've all done it a time or to and usually found out the hard embrassing way, and sometimes finding out guess you didnt need them the first time around.
Well in this one you need them in this very loose rip rap rock.

m-CFuCOEOqc

On the way back down we are going to take a side road and after we get past the cloud cover we are going to come into this Meadow, Ill have to stop
because you can tell no one has been this way today and it will be to pristine to foul a great shot with tire marks going through it.

well thats about it for the little bit of snow we get but heres another video of that snowy day.

ictc6mi5ao4

Brrrr I need heat lets head to the desert floor put on some shorts and t shirt & wash this dirty truck. Thats what we can do in the desert
play in the snow on the mountains then come back down into 90* warmth and go swimming in our pools or wash our vehiculars. I love this State.
So lets meet up with Cstrike (FOTY 2015) and Go wheeling.

Hey Cstrike thats not one of your horse's is it? I dont think so, I think your horses are cared for alot better than that one. But heres your steel horse at work.

Here Iam getting a spot from Mr FOTY himself, Thanks Cstrike look forward to many more trail rides with ya.

Ok my CEO is calling us for dinner and missing dinner isnt an option in our kitchen so we"ll catch up Cstrike Tomorrow and conquer this trail with his trailworthy guidance. Until then Sleep well.
BikerPepe` and Quader1 like this.

post #48 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 10:43 PM
FSM Lifetime

Next up like promised is the rear bumper build. Earlier I showed it off with the grill but now I'll show some of the step by step pictures.

During mock up

Planning out the corner protection

Starting to get welded together

Tow points on

Spare tire carrier starting to come together

All primed up
dQFXsN3qa48
A demonstration of the rear bumper

Everything all painted up

Then came the addition of the table and BBQ mount. The table doubles as a step when the bumpers folded closed.

Everything in action. Over the license plate I have a few LEDs to light it up. Also I've considered running red LEDs in the bumper as another brake light. I have a roll of them and experimented with it before and it looks pretty good. One day soon I'll have to install them. Other than that I don't have any other plans at the moment for the rear. The only issue I've had was it getting a little stiff while opening so I just added a grease fitting to the hinge.

Any suggestions on what to show next? Anyone interested in my plans for swapping in a 7.3L PowerStroke?

Built not Bought
post #49 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 11:55 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good Morning its a beautiful day in the Desert and we have a trail to finish, but like always lets get things rolling with another video.
In this video you"ll see myself and Cstrike but if watch closely you may see a "Chevy" take the Bypass. Hmmmm.

PXMkMbKVt-M

This is a picture of the trail we were going up, but like all 2 dimensional photos it dosent do it any justice.
These are a few shots of Cstrike and I heading up the trail to the next few obstacles.

So I jumped ahead in our adventure only because of the video, here is where we left off yesterday on the trail.

Here is 3 close ups of a technical part of the trail.

Here is a short video from the same trail just a differnt spot its short but steep with loose dirt and gravel all the way up it. Thanks CainsBigRed for the videos!

f68xIBu0qU4
Quader1 likes this.

post #50 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 08:12 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good Saturday Evening, Day 7 of 31 is coming to the end. What a 1st week it has been. Well lets just keep it going and finish the week in style,
I found some more old Videos of the first days after the SAS. I'm quite bored with old build stuff, So who wants to watch some more 4 wheeling tire floating action?
This is my first attempt at the Cork Screw in the Area called 3 Feathers in Tucsons Reddington Pass.

mqqk3oHFEf0

In my 5-4 am post you saw my Bronco on a rock with my bumper in the dirt. Then on top of the rock, This Rock holds some special events for me.
But thats another story, So Heres 2 short videos that produced those photos.

MTQKZrm1F7A

IMchtlmkcx0

As Paul Harvey use to Say.....Now The Rest of the Story. This Rock is in an area in Redington Pass in Tucson known as Chimney Rock. For those of you familar
with Sedona, and it being known for these many so called Vortex Rocks, well you guessed it, this area is Tucsons Vortex Rock. I dont know if any of that is true or not,
"the Vortex thing". I can tell you there isnt any other place in the Rincon Mountains or in any of the Surrounding Mountain Ranges, that look like this area,
and I can also say a compass isnt very accurate there. Anyways My wife and I got Married on this rock 21 yrs ago, and I Threw my Dads ashes off the top of this rock.
I sometimes jokingly say I threw my dad off a cliff and got away with it. Quoting Paul Harvey.... Now you know The Rest of the Story.

I am going to end tonight's post on a somber note.

This is the last Photo and last trail ride of our Beloved and extremely Loyal Companion before she Left us for Rainbow Bridge, she gave us 17yrs of fond memories.
Whenever we said wana go for a ride she went to the Bronco First, and started barking, I'm gonna miss that. She was a well traveled dog, as she made 3 trips
across country, She Swam in the Pacfic Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico, The Sea of Cortez (Gulf of California) Visited 18 states, Survived cancer, & 2 Titanium Knee surgeries,
We often referred to her as our $12,000.00 mutt for all the medical bills we occured with her. (I'd do it all again) She went everywhere with us,
if the dogs couldnt go we didnt go either (Except for Jamaica). My licence plate on my f250 is 2FurKdz. It's Been 30 days today, it feels like yesterday.
She is Missed Greatly!!!!

I promise tomorrow will be much more fun and exciting.

Good Night Everyone, Good Night Ole Friend!

post #51 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 10:57 PM
FSM Lifetime

Maybe before I show off the start of the Powerstroke swap I'll show some miscellaneous pictures of the truck being out and used and enjoyed instead.

This pictures out from today

Parked on what was left of the snow in our school parking lot. No one wanted to park there, so of course I grabbed the spot.

Using the Bronco to hold down our trailer while I loaded on a parts truck.

Enjoying some time last summer with the top off before I reinstalled the brush guard.

Who says you need a truck to fit a couple 12 foot kayaks?

This is my buddies Ranger which is buried pretty deep. At one point we had both axles at full droop.

It was caught on something pretty good. When I hooked my winch to it I dragged my truck so there was no way we were pulling it backwards.

Luckily I have a little more clearance than him (and Bronco power) and was able to pull him forward to a clear spot. Definitely proved the Bronco’s prowess.

This was one of my favorite memories with the Bronco. They're from the parade before our big football rivalry game this season. Once the team saw the top off everyone wanted to hop in the Bronco. It was a blast cruising around town like this. Even better while having a police escort.

Just a little squatting. Haha. At one point there was 11 people in the truck.

Last off is a few older pictures from back when I first started driving the truck.

That's it for now. Other than that I'm editing some video now of a little wheeling I did at a local spot today. Hopefully I'll have that up later tonight.
BikerPepe`, TJSmoot and Quader1 like this.

Built not Bought
post #52 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 11:05 PM
FSM Lifetime

@itwasFREE I'm sorry to hear about your four legged friend man. Boy do they become another member of your family.
BikerPepe` and itwasFREE!!!! like this.

Built not Bought
post #53 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 10:07 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good Morning
Its the first day of week 2, I hope everyones weekend is ending as planned. Lets start off with a glimps in to the future via another video and see what
week 5 holds. This video is from our trip to Moab Utah. If you have never been there, maybe this scenic video will entice you togo. I recorded
it from my cell so its a little choppy. This is coming down Hurrah Pass.The song planning is from a local Az Bluegrass Band outta Flagstaff,
it just seemed fitting to play it as we traveled down this narrow dusty trail.

YAZX6IUDNmw

Ok lets get back to some wheeling adventures and head into The White Tank Mountains in the North of Buckeye,Az. Niether Quadr1 or I had been here Nor
we no where the trail started where it finished most importantly where it even was. We just had some half backed directions and that there were multiple
trails with varing degrees of difficulty. After about an hour of travel time and locating what looked like a trail. off we went. after about another
30 mins of backing up, turning around and dancing through a mine field of Off roaders & Shooters trash (PACK OUT YOUR CRAP PEOPLE), we were confident we found
a trail. The next question was where did it go? Here are a few pictures of a mildly rutted path of loose rock and dirt.

So as you can see its a very mild trail, but there were some small surprizes to come our way.

Anybody any ideas what this posionus little creature is? Ill tell you in alittle bit. Back to the trail.

Well have you figured it out yet, I mean there is Google, Bing, Countless others.

The next question will be can you pronounce it properly. You Arizona Bronco need to keep your mouths shut. This could turn out to quite funny if you know what i mean.
After all theres a Town with the same name, a river with the same name. I was in Ohio a while back & a Border patrol agent was shot in that town the poor news caster
was just butchering the name. So let see what people come up it. Ill post the Anwser tonight with my evening post. first thing.

Well lets watch another video. We are still traveling down Hurrah Pass in Moab, The back ground music is the classical guitar sound from Jesse Cook.

o5sx094obQw
Quader1 likes this.

Last edited by itwasFREE!!!!; 05-08-2016 at 10:08 AM. Reason: spelling
post #54 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 11:18 AM

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 300 I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
It's a Gila monster. Pronounced heela. Pretty cool. We've got lizards of all shapes and sizes here, as well as 500 different species of tarantula, but none of those monsters.

Do I get a cookie?!? Haha

Looking good guys, cant wait for some diesel swap pics and some more from Nick and new78.
itwasFREE!!!! and Quader1 like this.

94 Bronco XLT. Beefy 351, 6" , 37's, 4.88: burnt
86 Bronco custom, 4" 37's, locked 4.56, 300 i6 4 bbl, np435/208
96 f350 XL, rclb, 351, c6, BW4407 xfer
78 f150 Ranger, 351m, t18, np205, rusty
90 f150, 95 f250, 96 f350 psd: stolen, sold, and burnt, respectively.
post #55 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 07:48 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good evening, Did you figure out what that lil creature was? Its the elusive Gila Monster. Pronounced 'HeLa'. Its fast and has a nasty bite but rarley seen.
Well the weekend is almost a thing of the past. Can you guess what Im going to say and do next? Yep another video.
I think we are going to stay in Moab and continue down Hurrah Pass.

aUdGwkT_uPo

Well I think Im going to mix it up a bit. Heres a video back in Moab that is on the pavement following along the Colorado River.

asueZnFu5NM

Lets take a journey to another trail.

Well thats about it for tonight so heres a bed time Video for you. This goes out to the GoFast Broncos, My idea of what my truck would look like going fast offroad.

AS82WVeodJc

post #56 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 07:01 AM
FSM Lifetime

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting yesterday but I had a very busy Mother's Day in between yard work and working on the Bronco. I'll have to show off what I was doing to the Bronco tonight but for now I'll leave you with what I did Saturday. Nothing crazy but the power lines are 8 minutes from my house and I always enjoy cruising around on them.

LTN7JuWCMUY

Built not Bought
post #57 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 07:54 AM

Bronco Info: 1978 Ford Bronco Ranger XLT, 400
The main reason I got my Bronco was to get out into the woods and enjoy the great outdoors!

Here is a snap from before the "tune up" started.

RED- 1978 Ford Bronco Ranger XLT, 400, NP205
post #58 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 08:33 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Monday morning back to the grind, The day I find that winning lottery ticket blowing across my driveway, I Am gonna
find out if I have more time on my hands than I think I will.
Lets roll people, here is a short video from a recent ride with a fellow Go Fast Bronco Maniac. Thanks bronco_brAdy333 for the video.

2O4xR2SdyN4

Lets stay on that trail for a little while.

We left The White Tanks earlier lets pick up there. This trail was not as we had hoped but it was different. The trail in spots was over grown and narrow,
so it pushed you closer to the edge than you wanted to be & in some cases add the washouts in the corners, it made you a little uncomfortable.
I cant imagine wheeling in a rig with more than a 6" lift. I think you would need nerves of steel, The lean in some of the trails I've covered, I don't think
I would want to be in that tall of a truck. Keep in mind this next group of pictures have nothing to do with this paragraph.
This is just a deep rut we were playing in looking to get articulation shots.

Here is another video from bronco_brAdy333 Thank you sir I look forward to more trips in back country with you.

fS8DSPPRgyA
TJSmoot likes this.

post #59 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 08:21 PM

Bronco Info: Jeep. Ya I know.... Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoJoe96 View Post

Best. Attachment. Ever.
aschessla and BroncoJoe96 like this.

The Jeep forums don't have the community this one does. Plus everyone I 4x4 with drive Broncos.....
post #60 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Big Six

Bronco Info: 1981 300ci 6cyl w/4bbl conversion. 4spd NP-435 manual. 32" tires.
I've had a BBQ sitting on my tailgate, but that really takes it! I want one.
BroncoJoe96 likes this.

March 2016 FOTM
1981 Bronco. 300 I6. 450cfm QuickFuel 4bbl. BFG A/T KO2 32x11.5" tires. NP-435 trans. EFI exhaust manifolds. 2.5" Exhaust. DUI performance ignition. Redhead steering box w/ Saginaw PS pump.
Supermotors Pics
Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode