May 2016 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Page 5 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Who will be your May 2016 F.O.T.M.?
itwasFREE!!!! 26 41.27%
Broncojoe96 12 19.05%
new78bronco 7 11.11%
ntahmisyan 18 28.57%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

253Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 08:27 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Hump Daaaay Greetings from Arizona,
As promised BigBlue 94 a video just for you. Before there were cars and trucks on the earth
there already were low geared Creepy Crawlers roaming the country side. We were out on a night run
stopped to water the tires and this fella came up and said it wanted to crawl with us.

KDBaJhHJZvc

Bradshaw Mnts and another out of sequence obsatcle

Here is a cell phone video of the first obstacle on the Crown king trail

0vMUKME5dzU
B-man, BigBlue 94 and Quader1 like this.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln

Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 06:13 PM

Bronco Info: 1978 Ford Bronco Ranger XLT, 400
Here is a snap that was the direct result of taking my new to me 78 Bronco in for a tune-up. Three months later here we were ...

Frame and components back from soda blasting and powder coating. I didn't mind the condition of my frame as it was, but now that I compare before and after pictures, WOW what a huge difference. It looks more new now than it probably did back in '78.

Here is a snap of the original condition. Looking at these two snaps I can't believe how different they are.
B-man, BigBlue 94 and loki1981 like this.

RED- 1978 Ford Bronco Ranger XLT, 400, NP205
post #83 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 08:31 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
The week is offically on the down side now. Heres is another short video from a Cell phone of Crown King

Ebnlv0-kubc

Back on The trail in the bradshaws completing this section.

Here is a short cell video of Obstacle #5

GdjcarZHnis
BikerPepe` and B-man like this.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln

post #84 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 11:27 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1996 5.0L Automatic Bronco XLT
Hey guys, how's it going? I'm currently putting together a video of the Bronco going over "The Hawks Nest". It's a local road that I drive a lot for work and is actually rated highly by Car and Driver for its views I guess. When the videos done, I'll post it up, but for now I think I'll post up my custom diamond plate tool box and running boards.

My goal for the box was to have a lot of storage space, but not sacrifice any room in the bed, and here are the results.

Before I added in the latch

The bench still fits and I plan on adding another box to the passenger side.

Adding in the latch, which is lockable which is a bonus when the top is off.

Since the latch install I've added a speaker to the front of the box and a fire extinguisher to the rear, incase grilling gets out of hand. I'll have to grab some updated pictures tomorrow.
For the running boards I had 3 things in mind when I made them. I wanted them to protect the body incase I high centered, I wanted them to be high enough they wouldn't get snagged on things like some steps do, and finally I wanted them to aid with getting into the truck. I think the simple design of them covered all the bases.

Other than that, I think that's it for tonight. I'm still open to any requests guys.
BikerPepe`, B-man and loki1981 like this.

Built not Bought
post #85 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 12:23 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoJoe96 View Post
Hey guys, how's it going? , for now I think I'll post up my custom diamond plate tool box, My goal for the box was to have a lot of storage space, but not sacrifice any room in the bed, [/URL]
The bench still fits and I plan on adding another box to the passenger side.
[/URL]
Adding in the latch, which is lockable which is a bonus when the top is off
Broncojoe I really like that storage idea not only is it lockable but its secure for that unexpected roll over, Nice Job, I think adding one to the other side is a wise decision to keep weight distribution even.
B-man and BroncoJoe96 like this.

post #86 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 01:49 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco SAS 5.13s locked front and rear 40" iroks
some pictures from the first LI bronco club meet

my mirror fell off when I got out of my truck so some nifty new used ones

rattlecan love

had to splice new connectors

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW

photoshoot?

and then I got stuck ooops

called my friend up the road to pull me out, I had my strapped already hooked up he insisted we use his new bubba rope. I hop in the truck second tug this happens(if you been following along at home kids that was a brand new tailgate)

good thing the window was down

and then I put the hammer down and jumped it. for two reasons. 1. I was upset about my tailgate. 2. I needed something to help me win my last FSOTM and it was late in the month

no issues rolled away a happy camper

post #87 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 08:35 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Who forgot to turn on the coffe pot last night, I DID. geeeeeez.
O well if thats the worst thing that happens today its still gonna be a great Day.
In this video a co-workers son is sitting shotgun & has never been off roading. Needless to say
he was in for a memory making day.

YNwvhKY-yok

OK we have jumped back into the White Tanks, so durig this trail we incountered a Gila Monster.
Came to realized that this trail was an old abandon power line trail, and that the old shot up Bonnie & Clyde car,
had to get up here somehow, so we kept truckin with alittle bit of hope still not knowing where the trail ended.

In this video myself & my co-workers son are heading up a technical portion of the trail, its my first time up it
and I have to say that with Cstrike spotting you, lifes good in a 4x4. Thanks Cstrike for getting us through that mess.

2NTqULZRMfA

post #88 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 09:24 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie Bauer
Loving the OBS show down!

post #89 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 08:12 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good Evening
This is the completion of the last video. But after watching the first time I was able to determine
that the reason I was having so much trouble was my frt locker wasnt working. Well its good to know
I can make it up that obstacle without it. Hard a way to find out.

4TU2UMgw7mw

OK back to the long Trail ride in the White Tanks. Well we kept going with the idea that just over the
next mnt range we would see the end as we could see the highway out in the distance.

OK well we"ll cpme back this later. Lets go ahead and visit Moab.

Here we are back on the pavement following along the mighty Colorado river, the canyon walls along the river
were undeniably some of the most spectacular pieces of art from Gods Hand, & very familar to the
Canyon walls of Canyon De Chelly in NE Arizona close to 4 corners.

yKXzAQS6Xm0
B-man and Quader1 like this.

post #90 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 09:35 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good Morning it is, as I remembered to turn on the coffe pot last night.
We are going to watch a video from Moab. To get to this trail you drive right past
the famed Lions Back which is now Closed. This is a part of the trail where i also
was filming from my camera as well.

_VrWSJoauH0

Ok we heading up the trail to Crown King a mining town back at the turn of the Century.
This trail is long but the end is well worth it.

This is another cell video which gives a different view of the same portion of the trail.
I dont know who sent it But Thank you all the same.

Oh3_QR8gbSs
B-man and AbandonedBronco like this.

post #91 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 02:01 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1992 XLT , 5.8, E40D
Garage
Holy hell this is gonna be a tough month. Diggin all these rigs and ITWASFREE has made me realize I believe I need to SAS my rig one of these days. NICE MAN!
itwasFREE!!!! and BroncoJoe96 like this.

1992 XLT, 5.8 w/ E40D transmission, TTB D44 in front, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears w/ Eaton Posi, Gibson exhaust/headers,cb radio, 4" suspension lift, 33x12.5's on 8" Pro Comp wheels.

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/27670/85749
post #92 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 08:32 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-man View Post
Holy hell this is gonna be a tough month. Diggin all these rigs and ITWASFREE has made me realize I believe I need to SAS my rig one of these days. NICE MAN!
Thanks!!! It was a great upgrade.
B-man likes this.

post #93 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 08:42 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Friday night last day of the week. Grab a beverage and pull up a seat, here's a very short video
of our lodging in Moab. Moab Valley RV Resort and Camp. The cabins were perfect for our needs.

h11AogTr0i8

Back in the White Tank mnts we are still on the trail to nowhere and I can tell that we only have about
2 to 3 hrs tops of day light left and neither Quadr1 or I really want to be out here past dark
following an endless trail so the decision is made to turn back.

Ok we are finally on the front side of the mountain the Freeway is in sight & one last obstacle the same
jagged v shaped notch to traverse that we came up well now we have to go down it. But at this point
we'll be home before dark. So we thought...... I've made it through the spot with a few more slices added to my sidewall,
I've stopped & I'm walking back up to watch Quadr1 when You guessed it, a sidewall blowout on Brand New Goodyear's.
Why here we ask, because Quadrs Bronco is at a 45* angle the right frt flat tire is pancaked in to the wall and notch.
Do we drive it down and trash the rim? To pull out the hi lift and Jack it up is insanity at the least,
but its a 100 yrds over jagged granite to get to level ground But we really don't have another option. Thankfully there is a so called bypass around the backside
so I go for it, get to the top and start down behind Quadr1s Bronco. I stop at what is as close to level as its
going to get But I'm still just about at the same angle as he is. I park, set the E brakes.
Put a couple of rocks in frt of the tires in the mean time quadr1 has his strap and Hi-lift out so we proceed to strap
his truck to mine Then I back up to pull the strap extra tight. I re position the rocks then we start lifting the frt
of his trk, we soon realize the jack isn't tall enough. I go to get out my lift but if you can picture this, were are at an
extreme angle on uneven ground between ruts the rear-end of my truck is so high I can barely touch the top of my tailgate.
so I finally am able to climb in to the back & get my Hi lift out, well its working great the Bronco is still unstable
but the tire is coming off the ground. we are taking turns lifting the truck when the handle slips out Quadr1s hand
and fly's (tomahawks) over the top of his truck. had it been any lower, it would of went right through his windshield. We finally
got the tire back on. While we were doing this a jeep came up the trail and stopped he was talking about the trail
and where it comes out etc, and said they were headed in for a night run. Well we told them to be careful and started
to head out but by now its dusk. We stopped to watch the jeep go up what we already had and then back down,
but he couldn't make it up (hmmm) and decided to follow us out. Well that was our adventure on the trail to no where.
Here is the last of the pictures of that trail. unfortunately we didn't take any pictures while changing that tire.

This is a old school grainy video of me following White Dragon in Tucson on a trail in Redington. Its starting to rain
and White Dragon has had a mysterious electrical issue just pop up so we are hi tailing out of there as quick as the
trail and our rigs will let us. So video is on the mellow side of boring.

eAjaUyb-oLo

Tomorrow media will be much better.

post #94 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 10:04 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Its saturday time to play, Like everyday we are going to start things off with a short
Video slide to recap The Crown King Trail

c-vMBJ4vG04

As I had mentioned in a earlier post The reward to completeing the Crown King Trail
is in the town of Crown King the original Saloon from the turn of the century still stands
after being saved from countless forest fires over the years. in fact the town itself is a
nice destination to explore after a long hot day on a dusty old trail that once was a
railroad for the mines. Then on your way out of Town heading to the Freeway you come to
the Town of Cleator and the Yacht Club bar and grill. It gets its name because all of the seats
and tables are old boats, jetskis and surf boards and the stage is a pontoon boat.

This video is another slide show of the trail.

tYe0WnQUPos
BikerPepe`, B-man and BigBlue 94 like this.

post #95 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 08:24 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good evening its the last day of week 2. Quadr1 & I just got back from running Lower Terminator, not really meant for
Full-body vehicles especially one as nice as Quadr1! But we did it got some great pictures and of coarse video,
But your gonna have to wait, What a 2 weeks it has been. This is the last video of Crown King. Again its from an unknown cell phone,
so if you sent it to me thank you! Enjoy

XylrWDHOGRQ

Across the bridge from the Crown King Saloon is another popular spot, The Mill Bar n Grill with a beer garden out back,
But what makes this place unique besides it being an old Mine Press where the ore was crushed, is its not uncommon to see
Tony Beets and some of the cast from Gold Rush hanging out here in the winter time. I had a picture with Mike one of the
2 men that built the dredge and later left the show. In fact those 2 men live in the Phoenix area and work a hard rock gold
mine outside of Crown King. In these next set of Photo we are leaving Crown King headed for the highway and you come to the little town Of Cleator pop 10. This place is called The Yacht Club, reason all the seats and tables out back are old Boats, jet skis, surf boards, The stage for bands is an ole Pontoon boat. But we always stop here because they have the coldest Beer on the Mountain. Take notice of the sign next to our Broncos.

I think at this point Quadr1 is "draggin his butt"

Here is a sneak peak for week 5 Kane Creek Canyon its approx 13.7 miles long. Hamburger Hill is on this trail though not in this video,
Don't vote just yet there is stories to be told on this trail.Pictures to be seen. Have great night Bronco maniacs, I'll talk to you in the AM.

z1HJ8OIL3uw
B-man and aschessla like this.

Last edited by itwasFREE!!!!; 05-15-2016 at 10:11 AM. Reason: forgot info
post #96 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 09:40 PM
Resurection Ranch

Bronco Info: Blue Eyes,Black Stallion, Shadow & Filly
Looking good Erick!

Where has everyone else gone off to?
itwasFREE!!!! and Quader1 like this.

Rick
My Projects- "Left for Dead"
Filly

tidewaterbroncos@gmail.com (also on facebook)
post #97 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 11:41 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 379sinvb View Post
Looking good Erick!

Where has everyone else gone off to?
Thank you very much, I got a lot more up my sleeve. As for everyone
else I hope they are out playing getting pictures and videos, I think everyone wants to see what they got as well.

post #98 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 09:56 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good Morning Bronco World, Week 3 is on the move.Thankfully we have moved out of the endless trail of the White Tanks
and the nonsense of mismatched Photos and trails.
Lets travel up the road 2 hrs to beautiful Sedona. In this video we are on The Broken Arrow trail, traveling
down some steps.

kPGh_Nfrtko

We are going to stay in Sedona and visit the famed Broken Arrow and Soldier Pass trails.
Here we are coming into Sedona and you can see the Red Rocks of Sedona in the back ground.
We've pulled off the road at the beginning of the trail head to air down, Quadr1
is rifling through my air-down bag, what you got in here? lol Just kidding I think I was asking him
to grab my pressure gauge.

Alright here is another peak into the future and Moab the name of this trail is Long Canyon
in the trail guide it is rated easy. We broke up the days from Hard to Easy to Moderate and back again,
to make it more relaxing and enjoyable. So I hope you enjoy the ride.

3serJgwa6bI

post #99 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 11:56 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1996 5.0L Automatic Bronco XLT
Hey guys, sorry for not posting the past few days, I've been real busy with work and helping my dad on his Bronco and didn't get a shot to put up any new posts. Tomorrow I'll have up the video from the Hawks Nest, but that still leaves what to post today. I was thinking about it all day at work, especially while driving our work van which at the moment pulls a little left and it gave me flashbacks to when the Bronco had terrible steering, and then it hit me, why not post about all I did to finally get her tracking straight.

When I first got the Bronco on the road the steering was “poor” to say the least. The truck would wander both left and right as well as had at least an inch of play left and right in the wheel. We thought it was just a bad alignment so we took it to a local shop to get aligned and an inspection. After a few days I got the Bronco back and it drove even worse so it was immediately taken to the next town over (what a scary ride that was) to a more knowledgeable shop. I had replaced the ball joints during the rebuild but they told me I needed new tie rod too, so I went and replaced it and came back. (The ball joints and replacement tie rod were all autozone brand, that becomes important later.). The shop then aligned it and said the issue was the ball joints were all the way maxed out to one side and couldn't recenter themselves after turns so that's why it needed constant readjustment by the driver to keep it going straight. Regardless, it was a lot better to drive but still not great.
At this point we decided to replace all the bushings in the front end, and we bought the Skyjacker bushings for the drop radius brackets, and this helped a lot. While doing this we figured out who ever installed the lift put the pivot points into the 4 inch hole on the drop pivot brackets instead of the 6 so we decided we might as well drop it down, get it realigned, and see if that would help, so we did that. We went over the next day to get it aligned and it drove even worse. Now the ball joints were maxed all the way in and they had to turn the ball joint shims they installed around 180 degrees the exact opposite from how they were. We went from one extreme to the other. The guy at the shop really knew what he was talking about and said there really should be a hole in between the two provided with the kit. So guess what we did that night....
Sorry for the lack of pictures but we basically went home and banged that 3rd hole out. We took off one bracket at a time and found dead center in between and drilled it out to the same size as the other holes. Then we welded up the 4 and 6 inch hole so the bracket wasn't Swiss cheese. After, we went and did the same to the other bracket. Anyways the next morning we took the truck for its last ride to the alignment shop in the next town over and the guys there were reluctant to see it but damn did they do a good job. They got the alignment right on the money and with the 3rd hole they were able to get the ball joints vertical and they had room to adjust them both ways. The drive home was a lot better but the truck still liked to wander some so we played with the air pressure in the tires. They called for 35 PSI and the two in front had 34 in one and 37 in the other. When they both were at 35 PSI it went better but it looked like there was only a little tread actually meeting the road so we played with the pressure. I went down to 30 and that seems to be the best and it drove good. Still not perfect but a ton better than it did.
Up next we did the tie rod flip to see if we could get the steering any better. This I do have pictures for.
This is how the tie rods looked.

I already had a drop pitman arm but the angles were still pretty steep so I decided to do the tie rod flip. To do this you need a 7 degree tapered reamer and sleeves that are optional that I picked up from JBG. I borrowed the reamer from @kin gfish666 and I appreciate it man

Action shot

Sleeve all nice and snug

Helped the angle a lot

No more bump steer, and she drives straight. Just had some play in the wheel, and that's where this bad boy comes into play.

A Redhead steering box.

All nice and shiny and no more play, I like it.
The next on the list was a bad bearing in my steering column so I replaced it with one out of a parts truck.

Last up was the most important thing, looks of course. I even got new stickers

At this point she tracked as straight as an arrow and didn't have any play. The thing is though that those autozone parts came back to bite me a year later, not even 5,000 miles since installing them.

Built not Bought

Last edited by BroncoJoe96; 05-16-2016 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Better spacing
post #100 of 178 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Retiring Soon

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
are you guys using smart phones to post? I'm enjoying the contest and the blitzkrieg of pics, but typing out a couple paragraphs without regular structure makes it really hard to read. just an FYI for you guys.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode