September 2016 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: SEPTEMBER 2016 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!!
379sinvb 19 36.54%
phobos2deimos 6 11.54%
78BroncoSteve 1 1.92%
5billiondead 4 7.69%
M2A2C 22 42.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 02:15 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1988 Ford Bronco
Garage
Steering the 40's was harsh on my stock C2 pump and it liked to whine at me. So I ordered a PSC steering ram assist. There are lots of ways to mount these, I mounted mine on the axle tube vs the diff cover. I ended up keeping my stock steering box then drilled and tapped the low / high pressure lines.

Because my axle was non-king pin, I had to drill and tap the knuckle to attach my high steer bracket. Next I replaced the drag link and tie rod with 1.5"x.25 wall DOM. To keep my truck street legal I was told heims are not allowed in the steering components. So I reamed the mounts and used 3/4" Chevy(ya I know but they are huge) 1 Ton TRE's.
So far with the C2 pump I have not run into issues. My only complaint is that the C2 does not push the volume of a saginaw. I will be upgrading soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Resurection Ranch

Bronco Info: Blue Eyes,Black Stallion, Shadow & Filly
I'm part of a local Bronco Owners club called Tidewater Broncos. We've done a couple of meet and greets the past two years. Here are some photos from those events.

I'd say that's a good turn out?

Rick
My Projects- "Left for Dead"
Filly

tidewaterbroncos@gmail.com (also on facebook)
post #23 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Resurection Ranch

I use my Bronco to do as much as I can. I just enjoy driving this thing as much as I can. So when my daughter needed her 4-H hog picked up. Guess what I used to bring him home?

When the baseball fields need tending to the Bronco tows the equipment.

Pop wanted to pull his boat out of the water, you know the rest

Stay tuned more to come!

Rick
Filly

post #24 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

Bronco Info: '95 302 XLT
NICE !!! So Far...

Vote for FOTM !!!

VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"
post #25 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 12:09 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Time for a flash back: (19 years ago) I was able to dig up some old photos. This first one is when I had just finished my first lift kit. It was a extended radius 4" Rancho kit. I was so proud that I did it myself. Still on 32"s

I then saved up and bought some 35 BF AT's with new 15 x9 centerline hellcat wheels (I loved those wheels)

Those new tires made me feel like I could do anything (Man was I an idiot). Here is me wheeling at some mud pits out by the great salt lake. After diving into these and luckily making it out, I learned several things: holes in your floor board (removed center console) make perfect water fountains inside the cab lol.
post #26 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 12:34 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
But that wasn't enough to make me stop. I thought it was funny so I did it again and again. I shortly then learned that attacking large mud holes so quickly was not good for my intake or distributer. I spent several hours drying them out before I could go home. I also learned that because the great salt lake is 7 times more salty than the ocean the mud out there corrodes metal quickly if you do not wash it off right after.

Playing in the sand. These Broncos do well, I got stuck and was able to get out on my own.

I soon installed some bushwhacker cut out flares, a 3" body lift (that I later removed) and some 39x15x15's with eagle 589 15x10 wheels. Still on 4.10 gears and a 302 the truck was slow like a turd until 2nd gear when the motor would hit its power band.

post #27 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 01:07 AM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
great show so far guys! thanks.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #28 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

Great Month so far, Keep those pics and videos Coming in ...

Vote for FOTM !!!

VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"
post #29 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 01:29 PM

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco 400/C6/NP205, 9" rear, Dana 44 front
Hey guys. Yes, I am aware that I am in this contest, lol. Sorry, been having password issues on this site. Just reset everything again.

Anyway, I still need to load some pics in supermotors or something unless no one minds having to click on thumbnails.

I have no idea why I agreed to this in September, haha. I have customers bringing back drilling rigs right now and am neck deep in securing that work, busier than I've ever been in the last couple of years since the downturn. Oh yeah, PLUS, our current house is under contract and our new one is almost done being built. Thus, we close with the buyers on our current house Sept. 14th. Then we close on our new house Sept. 28th. Then we move out of our current house in to the new one from Sept. 28th - Oct. 2nd. We hand the keys to the new owners on the morning of Oct. 3rd.

Nothing like over committing to wake you up in the morning.

I'll just post up as many pics, stories and recaps as possible. Luckily, I guess, I'm really bad about updating my build thread, so I have a little bit of stuff saved up. Also, I have one "cool card" that I'll be able to play, that I promise no one else will be able to replicate. It won't win me the competition against these other amazing rigs, but it should be pretty cool no the less. Well, hopefully, as I haven't seen this "cool card" with my own eyes yet. Stay tuned....
post #30 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Resurection Ranch

Beach Clean time!

So I hit the beach late last year with some other off-road enthusiats! Carova Beach, NC was the destination and the intent was to clean the beach of trash. We had a tropical storm move through so we backed the date up by a month or so and went in november. Beach was nice and the tropical storm covered most of the trash that litters the beach. So we hit the back roads where the houses are.

A once visible sign now covered by the tropical storm.

Kenny had never been here before so he had never seen the wild horses. They are not fenced in. The fence is there to keep them out.

Jeepers running through salt infested water.

Penny's Hill is the backdrop of the next few pictures.

Carova Beach, NC

Rick
Filly

Last edited by 379sinvb; 09-06-2016 at 03:35 PM.
post #31 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 08:40 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
nothing better than the NC OBX sand dunes, but then you top it with a what? 8mil video!!!!! Man you brought back memories......

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln

Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016

post #32 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 11:29 PM

Bronco Info: 96 White Sport EFI 466 MAF/OBD-II, D60/D70, 38's, 96 White EB-King Ranch'd w/ 4" on 33's
379'sinvb, I like how active you are and I dig the stance of the 79 but I'm a sucker for a BB in a Bronco. Kudos M2A2C. Ive been searching for years for a first gen vortech for the 460. I found a guy on Pirate who has one on his F350 and I check with him every 6 months to make sure he doesn't want to sell it. My instinct is to vote for M2A2C, but I'll hold out and see if you use it like 379'sinvb. Good luck gents, I'm enjoying the run.
BikerPepe` and phobos2deimos like this.

1996 Wht Sport MAF/OBD II 466-1995 Blk XLT 351
SOLD
1996 PG EB 351-1996 Wht EB 351-1996 Wht Sport 351-1994 Wht Sport 351
1996 MB EB, KR Interior 302-1996 Wht EB 351, 3" BL, 33's-1996 PG EB 351
1996 Wht/Tan XLT 351w-1996 PG EB 351-1996 Black Sport 408w, SAS, 40's
1995 Blk EB 351-1996 MB EB 351, 6", 35's-1996 Wht Sport 351-1996 PG EB 351
1996 M EB, 302, SAS D44-1995 Blk Sport-1990 302, M5OD, 3" BL, 33s
1996 Wht EB 351-1993 G EB 357w-1978 XLT 351m-1971 Sport, 331w, 4.5", 35's
post #33 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 01:08 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Dang 379sinvb, and I thought my post was a flashback haha.

Time to add some build photos. As I relentlessly watch my local classifies for deals and all things bronco. I came across a front bumper for sell. I was in the market but didn't want to pay some $800 on up for one.

I found this one for $200 for a 04 FJ Cruiser. It is made by ARB . When I looked at the measurements, they were nearly the width of our Broncos. I thought could I make this work? It appeared to be very well built.

First thing I noticed upon mock up were the light bars. They ran right in front of my headlights. I am not a big fan of those anyways so I modified the bumper and cut them off.

I also noticed that this bumper did not have any recovery points (no Bueno). So I notched the bumper and added some clevis mounts. I reinforced them with the mounts that bolt onto the boxed frame.

post #34 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 01:30 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
I then added a warn M12000 winch that I also got off my local classifieds (this one came off the police canyon patrol trucks). Here is a side profile shot:

I then added the front air chuck and had it bed linned with my other trims. It's a bit dirty and that wide ledge makes for a great step when working on the motor.

I then added the inserts for the LED lights. I have floods angled out for the sides, 4.5" round spots, and 6" HID spots in the center. (Still can't decide if I like these headlights or if I should go back to the original).

post #35 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 09:46 AM
JULY '16 F.O.T.M.

Bronco Info: 1996 EB
Garage
Just got back from 3 days in Moab and WOW what a selection for Sept.

M2A2C I have to say that is one badas!# truck you have built, tons of work!

379sinvb I love the 79s and I'm a sucker for kids and Broncos!

78BroncoSteve- I'd love to toss my vote to a home town guy, but we gotta be entertained!! Sounds like you have a busy month, try and carve out some time to show us your rig.

Wheres everyone else? I hope after the long weekend everyone is able to post up!

1996 Eddie Bauer 351W/E40D/Dana 44, TTB R 8.8 (4.56 F&R), 6" Lift, 35x13.50 Toyo MTs, sag PS, 1 ton brakes, off-road bumpers, Warn 15K, Edelbrock intakes, lots 'O lights.
Build thread: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=352625
Supermord site: http://www.supermotors.net/registry/26920
July 2016 F.S.O.T.M
post #36 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 11:58 AM

Bronco Info: A Very Special '86 302
Wow guys, those are some awesome builds. M2A2C, I gotta get looking for a bumper like that. I was planning on building one, but that fit is really decent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnforgiven View Post
you could use your own piss as brake fluid, it would just boil at a lower temperature.
post #37 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 12:49 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Hmmm Does Phobo & 5billondead know they are in a competition? It's going be 5billion&1dead pretty soon if they don't get a postin 🙄😳🤓😖
post #38 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 02:26 PM

You guys have some cool rigs. I don't even like bricknoses but I think I know who I'm voting for

I've always liked Broncos ever since I saw an EB outside of my highschool, bright orange with black detail, topless, nerf bars, all that. I finally bought this old girl a few years later in '08 for $800, hadn't passed smog in a year, failing brakes, low compression on a couple cylinders, old rotten tires. The usual story. Broncos around here are either beaten to absolute hell or too expensive to bother. I was psyched to find a decent one below $3000. 1986 with an EFI 302.

After a real clencher of a 30 mile drive home on the world's spongiest brakes I got her home. I've always been handy and my dad was an ex-mechanic in the Navy so I learned the basics well before high school, and did most of my own work on my VW, but this was my real opportunity to learn (and if you check my build thread, you'll see how much of a friggin' noob I was (and still am, sometimes))

First off did the brakes - rotten rubber and shit pads, so I threw in Hawk SD Towing pads (STILL have them on there!), new russell stainless lines, russell speed bleeders, and for the first time felt the frustrations of rust. Stops on an absolute dime with those pads - I'm sold for life. Almost no dust, and they've lasted a good time.

Followed up with the sixlitre upgrade - new coil, cap&rotor, wires, and plugs, advanced timing and larger gap. Honestly, very little improvement. I suspect it was the tired old engine, running lean, with lower compression.
So I started on the lean issue. You guys have seen this kind of PO crap before, I'm sure.

After attempted and failed fixes I swapped all lines over to silicone from siliconeintakes. Much, much nicer to work with than hard lines.

Found a pristine tailgate and spare carrier off of a bricknose in the junkyard! Oh, happy day.

Rebuilt both of the window motors and replaced all of the window track felt and rubber. This would later prove to be... unnecessary.

Also did the wiper motor

I threw on a hitch and shackle, and took them off almost immediately. I lost so much departure angle that I was smackin' ass on just about every drop.

And I finally had plans to take her offroading for the first time! So I threw in a CB and tuned it.

And tried it out that night. Pop it on ch19 and the first thing I hear is the most obscene white trash woman yelling about BIG BLACK RAIDER LOVING D***. It was pretty goddamned funny. I couldn't pick up the responses of who she was talking to but she went on for a good long time.

Also replaced my old tires with the BFG KM2 in 33" r10.5. LOVE these tires. Don't really crawl much so I run them around 25psi when I'm wheeling and they do great. Love the look too, and the set comes in under $1000 installed.

Also installed some SD350 tow hooks
BikerPepe` and 96bronco like this.

Quote:
you could use your own piss as brake fluid, it would just boil at a lower temperature.
post #39 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 02:53 PM

Had a blast, and found some mud. We got SOAKED in mud in the cab. It was pretty great. Hit the brakes and all the water from the tub would slosh forward and soak our shoes.

Oh, I also replaced the Y pipe with a Bassani and did the whole exhaust with 3", high flow cat, and the M30001 tailpipe. The sound is perfect, everything I ever needed.
OFYKXTvG0Es

I sure do love showing my jeep buddies how to splash properly.
KMUO00Ph3qM

gz77Qz7q7uc

Problem here is filling up the tires - it took about forty five minutes to fill up my tires after this at the gas station. No way I could ever do that again, so after researching I decided on a CO2 setup. I perhaps would like a York compressor onboard instead, but I love the speed of the CO2. I think 30s from 25 to 50, but I haven't timed it.

After having the battery bounce around a bit and being sick of the POS china cables I decided to upgrade myself some and built them with parts from fireguy, back when he was still around doing the RJMinjection. Also decided to add a proper terminal block with 12vKO power. Running through a 90a continuos duty solenoid, it's been reliable and damned convenient.
Just say NO:

Found an explorer with the ev6 injectors! Installed those after some failed injectors and LOTS of wasted time from MrInjector on ebay.

Crazy muddy, but at least the dog helped

Started building up my collection of manuals too. The EVTM for an 86 is a real bastard to find.

Built up a switch panel and added some offroad lights. Started with cheapo HF 100w. Oh, also changed the dash from blue to mocha. I like the mocha more.

Stripped the clear coat from my wheels, much nicer. I was concerned about longevity without the clear, but keeping them waxed and they still look perfect years later.

Got the crazy squealing ford power steering pump problem, so I swapped in a saginaw from an E150

Got tired of the old rubber on my steering wheel, but didn't want an aftermarket one. So I bought some 550 and did french coxcombing around it. Feels brand new and has been solid for the last couple years.

BikerPepe`, 96bronco and loki1981 like this.

Quote:
post #40 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

Great Month so Far !!!

Vote for FOTM !!!

VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode