September 2016 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Page 3 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: SEPTEMBER 2016 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!!
379sinvb 19 36.54%
phobos2deimos 6 11.54%
78BroncoSteve 1 1.92%
5billiondead 4 7.69%
M2A2C 22 42.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 03:30 PM

Bronco Info: A Very Special '86 302
Whoops, just realized I got carried away with the pictures.

I killed my booster offroading (THAT was a surprise... we were all-four-tires-in-the-air, came down, and hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss)
So I replaced my booster. And then replaced it again six months later along with the MC, after learning WHY boosters usually fail.

Well ever since I saw this commercial, I decided I NEEDED this.
mldviUOPPDs

So one Christmas my wife bought me a welder and I went to town.

Added in supports and boxed off the door and b-pillar

El Kabong was extremely kind enough to give me his old GT bar so I rushed up the hour or two away and picked it up and stripped/painted it that night, and welded in some seatbelt tabs

And she's alive!

Cut an access hole so I could replace the pump and sender, then built a fiberglass cover

You guys will like this... "Dr. Baldwin or: How I Learned How To Stop Driving and Love Oversteer"
zDnVFg7nY9Q

Built some door panels, installed marine speakers, a mini amp, and a bluetooth receiver to run music from my phone while it's in my pocket.

Stripped it down and primered, thinking it would get me through a few months. Ended up being a couple years.

Pretty damned happy with it at this point. The body flex is more, no surprise, but has not seemed to have visible stress on anything. I did break my windshield from the flex on this trip, but It had weld spatter all over it and I suspect that was the real problem. Haven't broken another one since.

Stock suspension, and tired, and she does beautifully.

Especially compared to a new JK with $4000 in tires, wheels, and lift. (I almost choked when he told me... dude, shoulda bought a bronk)
Side note, I let him drive my Bronco one time on the trail and he giggled like a little girl. I love jeeps but the Bronco is just so damned RAW

Replaced the HF lights with a 40" LED bar. I hate the look but love the light. Also added an M-715

Wheeling along the border patrol trails near Mexico

Let my brother stand up there. I didn't tell him the bronco was very, very, very slowly sliding backwards at this point.

Got a new spare wheel and tire!

Little bonfire fun

Got a jasper reman put in along with Bassani headers!

AND PASSED SMOG
For the first time in eight years.

Then I got a bug up my ass to finally paint this thing right.

POR15 on the unexposed bits, Valspar tractor paint on the rest.

I still gotta finish the doors and tailgate, and interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnforgiven View Post
you could use your own piss as brake fluid, it would just boil at a lower temperature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 03:31 PM

Bronco Info: A Very Special '86 302
Took everyone out for a celebratory trip in the desert. First time for my little sister and one of my buddies.

Let her drive for the first time ever and she did me proud

I let the other idiot drive too

Wrapped up with sunset and cigars at the bottom

Found a better looking replacement for the LED bar. Once I build some shrouds for them I'll pull the LED bar off.

Upgraded to an AGM battery

And used it this weekend to actually carry shit!

That's all I got. I can't beat you guys in awesomeness but I sure can talk more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnforgiven View Post
you could use your own piss as brake fluid, it would just boil at a lower temperature.
post #43 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
Dude... you just turned FOTM into a BlueBronco Party! Don't stop now!
I had a great time reading through those posts, pics and vids! Damn near enough to steal my vote and you're running against a few great rigs.
It's not just what you've got, it's what you do with it and you my friend... are doing what started my love for Bronco's, decades ago.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002

post #44 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 10:53 PM
Resurection Ranch

Bronco Info: Blue Eyes,Black Stallion, Shadow & Filly
Time to spruce up the interior a bit!

I had to remove the booster blocks for the vertically challenged.

The midgets wanted to help so i put them to work!

And my badass Bronco badge

Rick
My Projects- "Left for Dead"
Filly

tidewaterbroncos@gmail.com (also on facebook)
post #45 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 02:17 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1988 Ford Bronco
Garage
Looking good phobos2diemos...if this is a blue bronco party does partially blue count? Mine used to be blue but still has blue interior?

Thanks for the kind words 96bronco. Your comment struck a cord with me about kids and Broncos (after all I do live in Utah where everyone has at least a couple kids like 12 lol).

I want to introduce you to my newest bronco fan. This is Cale he is my bronco buddy. He is almost 3 and can't get enough of my bronco. It used to just be me that was obsessed with Broncos until 1 year ago he started wanting to help me work on it. Now he wants to work and drive in it all the time (which is fine by me).

one day when I went looking for him. I had left the door open to the bronco, and figured he had climed in. I found him like this:

He said "I want to go for a ride Dad" He truly is a big help like holding my multi meter for me, or gauges I can't see, or handing me a socket wrench while I am holding a part with my other hand and can't let go. There is always a tool just outside of arms reach where he is awesome for that. Some times though he is too helpful, like when he wanted to help me get a wire connector and spilled my connector organizer (not so awesome). He tries hard though and constantly suprises me. He will always ask me questions. I used to give him the same "basic" answers. He would say what is that dad? It's part of the motor buddy! Soon he was saying no what does that do pointing to the alternator. "That charges the batteries and helps run the motor". Next week I had to take the battery tender off the batteries and he says "you better start the motor to charge the battery Dad" I said your a smart guy and how do you thing that works? He pointed "it's the alternator" lol. He knows his tools pretty well. He can pick out hammers, pliers, Phillips vs flat head screwdrivers, and event knwos the difference between the 1/4(small) wratchets vs the 3/8 drive (larger). The 1/2 some items throughout him off. He knows not to touch tools with out asking. One of our "rules" is that he had to ask before using them. He always points to the air tools and says "ya those are the daddy tools"

post #46 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 02:33 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage

Funny story: one day he was helping me pull some wires through the fire wall. When I was explaining where the wires were going to go through to grab them, I told him to get down and look at the hole. I was in the engine bay and he was in the cab. When he came down to look at the hole in the fire wall we locked eyes and were looking at each other through the hole. Right then he reached up and pushed the horn! Of coarse I jumped, hit my head and nearly fell out of the engine bay. He stood up and looked out the window and said "your a funny guy Dad" ya hilarious.

Last edited by M2A2C; 09-08-2016 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Changed photo orientation
post #47 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 09:37 AM

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 300 I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Looking good y'all!

M2, love the rig, but those headlights are goofy. I'd stick with the stockers if it were me.

Phoibos, the chopped top is awesome, perfect for the desert. I used to have a blue bronco . My new one used to be blue, now only the engine bay is blue.

94 Bronco XLT. Beefy 351, 6" , 37's, 4.88: burnt
86 Bronco custom, 4" 37's, locked 4.56, 300 i6 4 bbl, np435/208
96 f350 XL, rclb, 351, c6, BW4407 xfer
78 f150 Ranger, 351m, t18, np205, rusty
90 f150, 95 f250, 96 f350 psd: stolen, sold, and burnt, respectively.
post #48 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 11:24 AM
JULY '16 F.O.T.M.

Bronco Info: 1996 EB
Garage
Nice I see "Challenge Accepted" by some of the nominees.

phobos2diemos- Your truck is so unique. I have never seen another chopped Bronco. Looks like you have a lot of fun using it- and a pretty decent camera.

M2A2C- Cale is damn cute. Reminds me so much of my son at that age. Great stories, keep him involved and you two will have a life long Bronco bond! Where are the pics of your other 11 kids?

379sinvb- Interior looks sharp, love how you put the kids to work. Free labor is good..haha Great, now I think I need a 79 in my stable..

Keep it up guys!

1996 Eddie Bauer 351W/E40D/Dana 44, TTB R 8.8 (4.56 F&R), 6" Lift, 35x13.50 Toyo MTs, sag PS, 1 ton brakes, off-road bumpers, Warn 15K, Edelbrock intakes, lots 'O lights.
Build thread: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=352625
Supermord site: http://www.supermotors.net/registry/26920
July 2016 F.S.O.T.M
post #49 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Hey thanks everyone for all the awesome replies.

Hey bigblue94 I agree the headlights do look a bit goofy. Until the halos come on and then the look good.

As you all know there is not much love for us brick nose guys in the headlight section. However I have a set of standard headlights that are available to swap in. I am currently in California but will be back this weekend. I will post up some comparisons of the 2 styles for everyone. If I win I will let your guys choose which style you like best and will run with it.
post #50 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Resurection Ranch

A little engine spruce up was needed I noticed right away. As much work as done to this engine it need not be dirty.

Before:

After:

Lets do the lights

As you can see in the below picture. The pinstriping is coming off and really doesn't look good up close. So, it's got to go.

Rick
Filly

post #51 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2A2C View Post
As you all know there is not much love for us brick nose guys in the headlight section.
The puritan in me wants to agree with the stock style over the fancy new style but the bricknose owner in me is just damn thrilled to see anyone do anything worth a damn to those worthless plastic bastards. I can't imagine it's NOT an improvement in visibility and for that reason alone, I would tell anyone who didn't like 'em to go kick rocks.
Heihachi1337 likes this.

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #52 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 12:54 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Rear bumper: This thing was another one of those classified ads. Got it for $375 it is a fab fours bumper I believe, and came off a 04 F350.

I was able to get the rear parking sensors from a JY and made them work with a aftermarket back up module. It has the beeping backup alert with a speaker shut off if wanted. It also has a rear camera, air chuck, LED plate lights, LED back up lights, and 7 way trailer plug. I also had it bed lined to match the rest of the trims.

post #53 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 01:13 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco XL
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2A2C View Post
Hey thanks everyone for all the awesome replies.

Hey bigblue94 I agree the headlights do look a bit goofy. Until the halos come on and then the look good.

As you all know there is not much love for us brick nose guys in the headlight section. However I have a set of standard headlights that are available to swap in. I am currently in California but will be back this weekend. I will post up some comparisons of the 2 styles for everyone. If I win I will let your guys choose which style you like best and will run with it.
For being a square nosed Bronco, I actually kind of dig those headlights. It makes it stand out, curious if you will post how you got them somewhere in this build thread.

https://www.amazon.com/AnzoUSA-11118...tor+headlights Got these on my truck.

1996 Bronco XL, 5.8L w/ K&N filter, shorty headers, larger exhaust, E4OD, 3.55 gears, 8.8 (Ford's wannabe GM rear axle), Dana 44, 31x10.5R15....so mostly stock.
post #54 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 01:29 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage

Also I forgot to mention I added OBA. The system includes: Bronco air pulley, a custom made (similar to others) compressor mount, York 210 air compressor, k&n mini intake filter, check valve, manifold with safety blow off valve, compressor switch off at 120 psi, 2 regulators one for the front and rear locker solenoids, and one for the rear warn 2.5 gal tank in the rear. Push lock fittings on all connections (makes it easy for trail repairs), 4 air chucks: front bumper, engine bay, center console, and rear bumper.

I have 2 air gauges on the center console I built. The one on the left tells me what my lockers are showing, the one on the right shows me what is in the tank. I can turn on the center rocker and watch the gauges climb and then hear the pressure switch kick off the compressor.

So far I have been able to air up my 40's with no issues, and can run my air tools with little CFM drop while the engine is idling.
post #55 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 01:48 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Hey Heihachi1337 thanks for the compliment.

I have more photos but I think I should start a seperate build thread for it. I will post the link and PM you when I start it. But the quick answer is I built them from a set of hella halo fog lights then retro fitted the H3 bulbs to LED in a set of JY housings.

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/hla...FQaUfgoddP4L1Q
BikerPepe` and Heihachi1337 like this.
post #56 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 03:02 AM

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco 400/C6/NP205, 9" rear, Dana 44 front
Man, you guys have some really awesome rigs! I better start off strong with something I was saving for later:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yz30evdi99...16_YT.mp4?dl=0

The last 15 seconds or so is of particular interest to you guys here. Apparently there will is plenty more footage for future commercials. This was all filmed in the foothills around Boulder, CO. Do not know who those guys are driving/riding.

For those of you who don't know, I spent the better part of a year working on Softopper to make a soft top for us 78-79 guys. They called me a couple of months ago and asked if they could use my Bronco to represent the "SUV" segment of their business. I said sure and they even put a full tank in there when they were done and gave me a little walking around money for my time and effort.

The pick up truck soft camper/top that they make represents the largest part of their market, hence the Tacoma's dominance of time in the ad.

Anyway, I thought this was cool as your own Bronco being in a commercial probably doesn't happen too often. More pics to come this weekend as I can dedicate some time to using supermotors for uploading. Long story short my MacBook is crapping out so I have to use my work laptop to access photos via Google Drive, yada yada.
post #57 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 08:59 PM
Resurection Ranch

Cruising!

My son Trey and I made the trek out to Richmond and did a street cruise. It's called the Turkey Trot and it's purpose is to gather canned foods for local pantries during the holiday season.

Our starting point was Shirley Plantation.

When ended at the "Garage MaHall" which is a member to the BOAR group I was riding with home. A great time was had on this cold day.
BikerPepe`, JGR and Heihachi1337 like this.

Rick
Filly

post #58 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 11:18 PM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Garage
damn... you guys are making this one to remember and a hard one to choose.

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #59 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 01:00 AM

Bronco Info: 1990 302/5 speed with 56k km's! Been in garage for over 15 years!
Garage
New here. Looking around and lost for words with all the sick trucks here...simply amazing. I will vote for one Bronco tonight...tough choice...they are all nice and worthy...hmmmmm

Crap...can't vote yet. Maybe next time.

1990 Ford Bronco...under current restomod
2005 F-350 4x4 Dually...towing rig...and then some (Lol)
2011 Ford Escape...wife's Ford

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 09-11-2016 at 11:50 PM.
post #60 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 10:39 AM

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 300 I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Gotta be here for 30 days to vote. Keeps guys from inviting their friends to sign up and vote for them.
Elliott000 likes this.

94 Bronco XLT. Beefy 351, 6" , 37's, 4.88: burnt
86 Bronco custom, 4" 37's, locked 4.56, 300 i6 4 bbl, np435/208
96 f350 XL, rclb, 351, c6, BW4407 xfer
78 f150 Ranger, 351m, t18, np205, rusty
90 f150, 95 f250, 96 f350 psd: stolen, sold, and burnt, respectively.

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode