September 2016 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: SEPTEMBER 2016 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!!
379sinvb 19 36.54%
phobos2deimos 6 11.54%
78BroncoSteve 1 1.92%
5billiondead 4 7.69%
M2A2C 22 42.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 160 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

Bronco Info: '95 302 XLT
September 2016 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!!

Here we go folks... your nominees for

September 2016 FULLSIZE OF THE MONTH!

1) 379sinvb

2) phobos2deimos

3) 78BroncoSteve

4) 5billiondead

5) M2A2C

Show us what you've got.

Let the games begin!!!

Vote for FOTM !!!

VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"

Last edited by allcruisen; 09-02-2016 at 02:46 PM. Reason: typo - member name (m2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

The Polls are officially OPEN! Let the games Begin!

Thanks and Good Luck to all!

Allcruisen

Vote for FOTM !!!

VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"
post #3 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Redneck Engineer

Bronco Info: 79 Bronco Ranger XLT C6 35's

post #4 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 01:07 PM
Resurection Ranch

Bronco Info: Blue Eyes,Black Stallion, Shadow & Filly
Quote:
Originally Posted by allcruisen View Post
The Polls are officially OPEN! Let the games Begin!

Thanks and Good Luck to all!

Allcruisen
And we are off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79BroncoSpringTx View Post
This ought to be a fun month.
I'll do my best to make it fun!

My Bronco is a 1979 Custom that I picked up back in May of 2015. The prior owner was @FordFilly who is a member on here. I wasn't really looking to buy one at the time but the more and more I looked at what she was selling the more and more it appealed to me. It had extensive work done to the engine, trans, t-case, came with 4-10 gears a lift and was in really good shape. I couldn't do all the work that had been done to it for the price she was asking. Only thing I had to get past was it was a white Bronco.

We spoke a few times via email and telephone and I was sold. I made the trip up to MD and snagged it.

Rick
My Projects- "Left for Dead"
Filly

tidewaterbroncos@gmail.com (also on facebook)
post #5 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1988 Ford Bronco
Garage
My Bronco like many has been a "work in progress" for a long time. I have had limited funds for this build. Originally it was my first car when I turned 16 (19 years ago). I had to buy my own vehicle and luckily it was in my price range of $2300 saving up as a high school kid. It quickly grew on me as I would pack my buddies and go camping, trail riding, and commuting every day to sports. We liked how we could just throw our gear in the back and go. It was a basic run of the mill stock bronco xlt, 302, AOD, stock lift, 32"s. It stayed that way until out of high school when I started making money and then started fixing it up. As with many builds I started basic 4" rancho lift, bigger tires. Once I successfully did that I was hooked and have been building it ever since. When I found FSB it opened a whole new world to building. The knowledge here about these vehicles is incredible. That gave me the confidence to try new mods. I enjoy learning and reading the forums about how others have done the same. With that being said I still have a lot to learn. Funny now 19 years later with a family and kids I am still on a budget. Currently its got: 95' 460 (vortec super charger), E40D, BW1356 (slip yoke eliminator), Leaf SAS D60 (yukon 5.13's / ARB air locker), 10.5 Rear (yukon 5.13's / ARB air locker), 17x10 -24mm diamo wheels, 40x13.5x17 Goodyear MTR's.
post #6 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 12:40 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
post #7 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 12:49 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage

Sorry for the dropbox photo issues. Lets try supermotors.
post #8 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

I know it's a long weekend so, I am looking forward to seeing all those wheeling trip, builds, Pictures and Videos...

Thanks,
Allcruisen

Vote for FOTM !!!

VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"
post #9 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Resurection Ranch

Wow @M2A2C that sounds like a pretty cool set up you have there. A 460 with a supercharger! Woe

I got the "Filly" home and needed to return the trailer used to get it from MD - VA.

Then I washed her up after a rainy ride home.

And my tag

So with the new ride I already had 4" of lift, 35's, the 351m was stretched out .40 to a 408 with some head work a comp cam, a 670 Truck avenger and a MSD pro billet distributor, This thing was damn near perfect.
On the test drive I was impressed but felt it could breath better. The stock manifolds and single exhaust needed to go and in favor of some headers and duals.

Vote me your Sept FOTM!
96bronco, B-man and itwasFREE!!!! like this.

Rick
Filly

post #10 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 06:51 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
I will be honest, I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I started my build. I had this idea that I wanted big block power and a reliable fuel injected motor. Then I had a opportunity to purchase a 95 F350 with 160k on it for cheap. I thought this is my chance I will have everything I need, motor, tranny, tcase, and axles. So I pulled the trigger on it. Granted I had a little more time and money to work on the swap so it worked out well. One down fall was I had to work in a cramped single car garage at the time. Here are some initial photos of the donor swap.

Gutted donnor

460, and E40D in my bronco

Original Dash removed

Routing of the Donnor wiring looms started marking connectors. (bought my self some ford service manuals, evtom, ect)

Trying to figure out how i am going to retro fit the 95 steering column.

Here are the axles that came out of the donor. I prepped them and shot them with POR15
96bronco and B-man like this.
post #11 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 07:01 PM

Bronco Info: 1984 Bronco, 351w, ZF5/205 swapped 14b rear on 37 iroks
Damn this month is gunna be a gooder. Nice trucks guys

1984 Bronco Xlt, SAS 4.11, 351w w/ truck avenger 670 and headers
http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/elliott000/slideshow/
https://www.youtube.com/user/ehumpy
post #12 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Because the motor checked out so well initially, I didn't have to do to much to it. It didn't leak any oil, compression was good, and it ran well before pulling it. I took the intake apart cleaned it out, checked seals, water pump, hoses etc. It all looked good so I ran with it (which was a gamble). The truck was part of a fleet and it appeared like they took good care of their vehicles. I was only planning to run the motor stock, however I did stick the L&L headers on it while it was out. I kept the EGR and thermactor air on it because this motor would have to pass state and IM to be street legal.
post #13 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Resurection Ranch

After the exhaust I went looking for some tires to rap aroungd the wheels I was going to put on this Bronco.

90% or more tread left on these! Now to clean up the wheels and paint them up.

Then I took the fins down to bare metal to make them stand out a little more.

Old wheels and tires

I like the new old look they give the Bronco.

Vote me your Sept. FOTM!

Rick
Filly

post #14 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
379sinvb nice job on the turbines (I have always liked those). They turned out well.

I have this habit of browsing our local classified looking for deals to add to my bronco. One day I came across an add for a supercharger. The guy had it on his hoppped up F350 and was drag racing with it. Well he ended up loosing a silicone intake fitting and it got sucked into the motor. His whole top end was toast. I got it for $300 which came with the intake, FMU (fuel management unit), oil lines, mounting bracket, and a walbro booster fuel pump, and the MSD boost timing module.The impeller was chipped and damaged pretty good. I sent it off to supercharger rebuilds, and they put a new impeller and bearings in it.

Here is the FMU mounted on the fire wall. It is vacuum controlled and assists the fuel pump when needed.

Here is the MSD boost timing control, along with my MSD 6AL. I includes a MSD coil, and MSD 8MM plug wires as well.

96bronco likes this.
post #15 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 11:53 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
The intake was going to be bit tricky. Because I had already taken the original air box location for my MSD stuff, and swapped fuse distribution. I added a dual battery to the other side as well so my options were limited. I decided to cut the hood and make it so the filter could draw as much air as it wanted unrestricted. Making the intake was easy once i found the "build your own" kit from Airaide. They sell a kit that comes with different fittings like 90's, 45's, and different lengths. I got mine in 4" and it was literally cut and route. I got some good silicone couplers, and stainless wide clamps (thinking back on the guy who blew his motor) lol.

I found a hood scoop from a 69 for mustang that looked good (fiberglass). I sanded it down to fit the contour of my hood. Found a gasket to mount it, checked clearances, and then made the black front grill to keep out debris. In nasty wet / muddy conditions I will put a pre filter sock over the K&N that they make. It gives it a bit more protection.

The scoop was then bed lined with the rest of my trim pieces to match.
post #16 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Resurection Ranch

A tease

for whats to come from me

Last edited by 379sinvb; 09-03-2016 at 06:36 PM.
post #17 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 08:33 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '79 built 400, Ford 10.5" Rear, Dana 60 Front, Locked, Twin Sticked
some sweet rigs this month! Should be a good month!!!!

Dave

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
post #18 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 08:52 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleigh View Post
some sweet rigs this month! Should be a good month!!!!
Did you ever get your ride fixed?
post #19 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 10:10 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '79 built 400, Ford 10.5" Rear, Dana 60 Front, Locked, Twin Sticked
Quote:
Originally Posted by 445 FE Bronco View Post
Did you ever get your ride fixed?
In the process, should have quite the story for FOTY!!!
M2A2C likes this.

Dave

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
post #20 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 01:49 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Suspension / Steering: The F350 donor made it enticing to swap to leaf springs because I wouldn't have to buy much (still on a budget). But that means I would have to fabricate new mounts. That meant I had to brush up on my welding skills (which i'm still working on). I got most of the lift ideas from other members here. I boxed in the frame rails and added a cross member for strength. I purchased my spring hangers from Ruff Stuff.

I cut the rivets of a JY truck and robbed the hangers for the rear mount. Springs are the stock F350 (I may switch to a softer spring in the future but they seem to ride ok now).

I then used the F350 shock towers and put on a set of 7100 Bilsteins. These have a 2" diameter shock body, and remote reservoirs. They have about 14" of travel.

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode