FULLSIZE BRONCO OF THE YEAR CONTEST - 2016! VOTE HERE!!! - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Choose your favorite Fullsize Bronco of 2016!!!
raleigh 25 28.41%
AbandonedBronco 13 14.77%
itwasFREE!!! 28 31.82%
96bronco 9 10.23%
M2A2C 13 14.77%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

862Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 06:57 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '79 built 400, Ford 10.5" Rear, Dana 60 Front, Locked, Twin Sticked
Well, I suppose I will start at the beginning and mix in some more recent pics here and there.

When I bought it was not real sure what exactly I wanted to do with it so I started out with maintenance and repairs first
Pulled the top end and replaced all the gaskets and the valve stem seals, then moved to the oil pan and rear main

What a mess!

Then I found a 4 barrel intake and installed a new carb, woke her up some

The grill and bumper were smashed up so I found some replacements and painted them gray
and painted the core black while I was at it

Sure was fun with the top off

Dave

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 09:38 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '79 built 400, Ford 10.5" Rear, Dana 60 Front, Locked, Twin Sticked
Considering I will be unavailable to make a post this weekend due to a wheeling excursion I think I will make an additional post today.

It wasn't long before I decided to lift it.
I went with the JBG kit with 2" AAL and 2" blocks

Found a set of 37" Super Swampers, I thought I was pretty badass!

On our first wheeling/camping trip we had issues with the blocks of course
One of the blocks got spit out and tore up the drive line, PIA
But we still had a lot of fun

What a view

Dave

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
post #23 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 12:22 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Are we ready for another adventure FOTY style, well climb into the passenger seat and ill take you on another ride

up the mountain to play in the snow but we first got to do some playing on the wall.

(again the video is a little grainy, and short but youll get the idea)

AY3aQXKZQK0

This is some pictures of the trail we took. to 7000'

this a video of part of that trail i know it grainy i promise theyll get alot better

c37ZnoXZE7Q

Well i don't know about you but i have had enough of the cold for now Ill have more Mountain Snow wheeling where if you go off the edge there is no recovery.

so here is a picture some of you know all to well the last day of the TTB.

ok so like i said in my story i didn't take the time to do a build thread, i never thought id need or want one

definitely never really knew anything about FOTM, or now FOTY so here are some pictures of the finished upgrades.

we all know what a 3g alt. looks like out of a 93 Tbird

here's a few shots of the first 200amp fuse, the the blown fuse block, then the New upgraded kicker fuse block

cMFIq9aIqOw

OPPS WHERE DID THAT COME FROM??? just a sneak peak into the future for whats coming in the next few weeks.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln

Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016

post #24 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 08:53 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Well its time to work in the garage again, so step inside and lets look at some of those finished upgrades.

What did I hear someone chant video video video. Ok if you insist. heres another short grainy one.

6BK4aCfAm-U

Ok back to the garage, there will more time to play with full length videos later...

here are some pictures of the 5150 Bilstein shocks and bottom mnts that would eventually trash 2 frt tires

because they were so soft and bouncy they are meant to be a quad set up, wish i would of known that 4 yrs ago.

in this photo youll see the 6" Deaver Coils also.

i had removed the side mnts on the James Duff Extended Radius arms for the fear of the tire rubbing, i would later regret this, reinstall them

then witness the tire rubbing but it turns out not be a issue as i had expected. You'll see the reinstall picture later on.

How about some carnige, here is my first Chrome Molly axle shafts. Not so strong when your running a massive transfer case.

no its not laser cut look at the twisting in it.

this is the passenger side it didnt break but it twisted.

I hear you himin and haulin boring boring, so heres another short grainy one that ends abruptly, but its hard to spot and film at the same time when its just 2 of you.

2x0TWDWL-VI

Here are some shots after the sas was installed.

So keep in mind i didnt have the shocks installed yet Which were Rancho 9000 and the coils you see are just Super lift 6" coils.

Ok here is a a great comparsion between Super Lift 6" coils and Deaver 6" Coils Pay attention and save some money!!!

First few shots Super Lift Coils, and Rancho 9000 shocks.

Now Same rock But with Deaver Coils and 5150 Bilstein shocks

Learn anything? well I think that was enough work, how about something to chew on. heres a look into the future, of whats to come. Enjoy the slide show.

bEbLvMaxRiw
96bronco, M2A2C and JGR like this.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by itwasFREE!!!!; 11-03-2016 at 12:41 PM.
post #25 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 10:17 AM
JULY '16 F.O.T.M.

Bronco Info: 1996 EB
Garage

In case anyone missed the history of my Bronco in either the Bronco Driver spread or my FOTM thread here is the first part of it one more time.

My Bronco story actually started back when I was in elementary school. There was an art contest and the theme of the contest was “I have a dream..” My theme was “I have a dream to own a Bronco”, and I drew a picture of a Bronco driving in the hills. That is how long I have been facinated with the Bronco and how badly I wanted one.

I also remember reading 4wheeler magazine and the cover featured two brothers who owned 78 or 79 Broncos. They were big & black and I wanted one! I read that article over and over again.

I have been a Ford man from day one. My first vehicle was a 72 F250 that I bought from my Dad. It was our firewood hauling truck. Oh the cords of wood we stacked up in that truck over the years. I would own that vehicle for 16 years and put over 300,000 miles on it. It was good truck but not the platform I wanted to start with. It was 2wd, and had a straight 6 in it. I still miss that truck sometimes, but I love my Bronco!

My dream of owning a Bronco was always there. Problem was life always seemed to get in the way of me actually getting one. First it was school, then it was getting married, then it was a house, then kids. The day did finally come when everything in my life lined up for me to get my dream Bronco. That was the fall of 1996. Problem was that Ford stopped making the Bronco in the spring. Given how long I had waited, and the fact that I had very specific ideas of the Bronco I wanted, none of the ones still sitting on the dealer lots fit. I went to the newspaper classifieds. I found a guy selling my dream Bronco and I bought it. It was pretty high mileage, for as “new” as it was- 23,000 miles, but I didn’t care, it was perfect.

I like how I have my son in a swing close to the Bronco, even at that age he was involved.

The Bronco was a family vehicle from day one. My son was around and involved with every upgrade and every outdoor trip with the truck from a very young age. I immediately started putting the Bronco to use in our everyday life. It was our long haul travel vehicle. We took it on trips to Oregon and Utah to visit family. It was my daily driver commuting to\from work. The Bronco sure is solid in the snow and blizzards that Colorado gets sometimes. I can't tell you the number of people I have pulled out of the ditch on snow days. We loaded it up with home improvement supplies for our house. We use it to haul the 4wheelers around. Basically everything Ford designed it to do.

I love this picture of my daughter with the Bronco. She's now a sophomore rocking a 4.0 gpa at CU studying to be a Doctor. Proud of her! My bank account is not so happy, and the Bronco has missed out on more than one upgrade because of it. Its all worth it to make sure your kids are setup to live their dreams.

Shot of my son starting his Bronco addiction by learning how to change a tire at 5.. lol

I barely had it a few months before I started researching lifting it. I eventually settled on a Dick Cepek lift. Problem again, he had recently sold his company and the lift was no longer being made. I somehow stumbled across how to contact him personally and after much back and forth I ended up with one that he still had sitting in his garage.

What to do with a 3 month old truck? Immediately void the warranty and lift it of course!

Skipping legs day... :(

Like most people, funds were extremely tight back then and I didn’t truly have a vision for my truck. I knew I wanted it lifted, bigger tires and I knew I wanted some cool rims, but that was about it. I also knew that it had to stay true to its roots and stay a multi use vehicle. I have said it before but one more time, my truck is not the best build rock crawling rig, it’s not the shiniest show truck, and it’s not the baddest mud truck out there. To this day, I still try and walk that line. It has not been so heavily modified in one direction that it lost its ability to do all the things Ford designed it to do.

One of its many uses!

I started out modest with 33” tires. I wanted to still be able to have it fit in our garage. We get lots of hail storms in CO. Plus I wanted to be able to get it out of the sun and snow whenever possible with the goal of keeping it as nice as possible, for as long as possible. Plus the 33’s were a good compromise for gas mileage.

new shoes

I stop here in the story because it would remain with this "look" for many years. I did do some small modifications but for the rest of the story.. to be continued..

I do love how the Bronco has evolved to what it is today, its nearly perfect for the vision I have for it.
All it takes is a lot of time, patience and money.. haha

1996 Eddie Bauer 351W/E40D/Dana 44, TTB R 8.8 (4.56 F&R), 6" Lift, 35x13.50 Toyo MTs, sag PS, 1 ton brakes, off-road bumpers, Warn 15K, Edelbrock intakes, lots 'O lights.
Build thread: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=352625
Supermord site: http://www.supermotors.net/registry/26920
July 2016 F.S.O.T.M
post #26 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 02:31 PM

Bronco Info: 93 f150 LB 300 DD, 89 Bronco w/ 5.0L 5sp 37s, 5.13s, BRONCOAIR SAS D60, 10.25 w/ lockrite locker
Garage
Please don't forget for those of you that are in here that have not submitted a photo to me for the calendar. Do so as soon as you can so I only have to wait for a picture from the FOTY. CONGRATS to all of you. This vote will definitely be a tough one.
post #27 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1988 Ford Bronco
Garage
While still in my first house and getting ready to start the swap I was confined to a 1 car garage and a side yard to work with. A bit tight but no complaints I was able to make it work. Here are some photos of the donor 95 F350 and my Bronco.

Pic of the motor in the donor

Pic of the motor removed.

I took it all motor, tranny, tcase, axles, and wiring.

The brake booster looked in good shape so i took it (later replaced the reservoir because it cracked when I went to pressure bleed the lines).

Trying to figure out how to fit a square peg

Into a round hole

I ended up taking the front radiator support out and stuffed the tranny / engine in one piece. This way I only had to move forward instead of trying to drop down and in. I used L&L motor mounts to mount it.

I then took the interior and dash out (notice all my mail order axle parts ). You can see the old 5.0 hiding in the background.

Onto the wiring. This would end up taking the majority of my time sorting out the harness, and marking the connectors. Doing this helped me learn what the modules look like for things like the winshield wiper controller, 4RABS ect. I did break down mid way and bought a Ford EVTM and wiring manual.

I figured it would be easier to swap the steering out of the 95 than try to retrofit my existing. You can see my speedo was cable and would now be going to a PSOM.

96bronco, JGR and 445 FE Bronco like this.
post #28 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 10:45 PM

Bronco Info: 93 f150 LB 300 DD, 89 Bronco w/ 5.0L 5sp 37s, 5.13s, BRONCOAIR SAS D60, 10.25 w/ lockrite locker
Garage
post #29 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 10:56 AM
JULY '16 F.O.T.M.

Garage

Our story left off with my Bronco lifted 6" and running 33's" This setup served me very well for a number of years. I did a few mild changes and upgrades during that time, but it was really a work horse; taking me to and from work every day, carrying remodeling materials for our house, assisting my scout troop, hauling the 4 wheelers around, wheeling with the Bronco Club, etc. What a fantastic vehicle!

I put in a CB for some of the trail runs I was doing

Recovery points, they were needed a couple of times. I really wish Ford had addressed this from the factory.

This shot still cracks me up with all the crap... err.. stuff my wife had me pack in the Bronco

The Local 4x4 club

Some major pucker on Webster Pass

Cool shot of the Bronco and one that made it into Bronco Driver Mag.

Happy Friday! I hope everyone is able to get out and either work on their Bronco or take it into the hills for some play time.
BikerPepe`, TJSmoot, JGR and 1 others like this.

1996 Eddie Bauer 351W/E40D/Dana 44, TTB R 8.8 (4.56 F&R), 6" Lift, 35x13.50 Toyo MTs, sag PS, 1 ton brakes, off-road bumpers, Warn 15K, Edelbrock intakes, lots 'O lights.
July 2016 F.S.O.T.M
post #30 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 11:58 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
as soon as my photo hosting site gets their head out of the bag, i will throw up a post maybe 2 or 3 if it takes too long lol.
79BroncoSpringTx likes this.

post #31 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 01:50 PM
Big Six

Bronco Info: 1981 300ci 6cyl w/4bbl conversion. 4spd NP-435 manual. 32" tires.
Hi All!

Some very great looking rigs in this competition. It certainly isn't going to be easy.
Sorry I'm a little late to the game. I'm taking my first hand at elk hunting this year (first time for everything) so I've been away. Going to again this weekend as it's our last chance. However, after that, it's on.

raleigh - I'm always a big fan of the 78/79 Broncos and yours is no different. Awesome work on it, it looks great.

itwasFREE!!! - It's fun to see your build. However, suddenly, all of your pictures are missing!! Even your title picture. (Edit. I see you've noticed. Hope you get it figured out.)

M2A2C - I'm normally not a big fan of the 87-91 bricknose front, but you've done yours up right. It looks awesome

96bronco - One very clean, sharp, capable looking bronco. I like it.

And itwasFree, it looks like photobucket is down, because I can't access all my pictures right now either.
96bronco, itwasFREE!!!! and M2A2C like this.

March 2016 FOTM
1981 Bronco. 300 I6. 450cfm QuickFuel 4bbl. BFG A/T KO2 32x11.5" tires. NP-435 trans. EFI exhaust manifolds. 2.5" Exhaust. DUI performance ignition. Redhead steering box w/ Saginaw PS pump.
Supermotors Pics
post #32 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 02:45 PM
Big Six

Bronco Info: 1981 300ci 6cyl w/4bbl conversion. 4spd NP-435 manual. 32" tires.
As with most of you, I'm sure, this'll be somewhat of a refresher of the FOTM competition. I don't have a whole new slew of stories and pictures from the last 10 years.

Also, like itwasfree, photobucket is down, so there'll be no pics with this post. I'll go back in retroactively add some later.

My Bronco came to me around 2004. My wife (girlfriend at the time) and I were in a serious car accident in Los Angeles while we were out visiting my brother. Our car was completely totaled. We limped up to her parents house in northern California and were making plans to get the rest of the way home back to Idaho. Her parents own a pretty good sized cattle ranch and had an assortment of vehicles sitting around (as most ranches seem to do), and he offered to give me a Bronco that was sitting out on their property.

Some people had moved down from Washington and couldn't get it to pass California's emissions. So, they asked if they could park it on his ranch until they could get back to it and deal with the multitude of issues that it had, which he agreed to let them do. Well, four years had passed and they had never come back to get it (hence my username AbandonedBronco) and so it just sat on their property:

So, he offered to give it to me if I could get it running so that we could get back to Idaho. At the time, I had no real automotive experience except for helping my dad with a few things here and there, but I was willing to give it a try. I'd mostly been into sports cars and such and had no interest in a big, not to mention old truck (I was only 6 months old when it came off the assembly line!) Plus, who in their right mind puts a SIX CYLINDER in a big truck? The 80s were a weird time.

Either way, I set out on it and got to work. The tires were sunrotted from the northern California desert sun, the fuel pump didn't work, there were open vacuum lines dangling everywhere, most of the belts were missing or fallen off, and the exhaust had a major leak. But, fortunately, most of it was just wrench turning work (which I could do) and after a few days of new parts and a general tuneup, and like any good old 300, it fired right up.

Cleaned the webs and collected garbage out of the interior:

Took it for a test drive through the countryside and I was immediately in love. My dad has an M38A1 military jeep, a few of my uncles have a late 70s GMC pickup and an early Dodge Ramcharger, and I had grown up fishing, hunting, camping, etc. in those. Suddenly, I had one of my own. Needless to say... I kept it.

Within the next few days, we swapped out the tires and drove it back to Idaho. It drove flawlessly for over 700 miles through 100+ degree temperatures, and got over 20mpg on the trip. However... the Bronco simply couldn't get out of its own way. It was terribly underpowered! More on that later.

So, for the last 12 years, it's been my daily driver and I've put over 70,000 miles on it.
I've reversed years of neglect, updated, upgraded, and renewed the Bronco to what it is today, which is a comfortable, fully capable, offroader that I can drive and enjoy every day.

March 2016 FOTM
1981 Bronco. 300 I6. 450cfm QuickFuel 4bbl. BFG A/T KO2 32x11.5" tires. NP-435 trans. EFI exhaust manifolds. 2.5" Exhaust. DUI performance ignition. Redhead steering box w/ Saginaw PS pump.
Supermotors Pics
post #33 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 07:31 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
[QUOTE=AbandonedBronco;6264818
And itwasFree, it looks like photobucket is down, because I can't access all my pictures right now either.[/QUOTE]

Yeppers Frustrating it is Photobucket has been down since 1000pm last night,

I cant post squat until then o well such is life, I guess I will go clean the garage.

post #34 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 12:52 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Hey they (photobucket) found their way out of the bag, so on with the show.

But first how about some video action you first saw me going down the crevice, this is going up.

HJv1rwCjc9M

Step into my garage one of my next upgrades besides 4:88 gearing and Auburn Ected Max Lockers fwd and aft, was a very expensive

Stak 4x4 3 speed Monster Box, with 1:1, 3:1, & 5:1 gears.

I really liked the thought of being able to dislocate the rear drive rain from the front, for a couple of reasons but I'll get into that later.

West Coast Bronco along with others including Four wheeler did a write up on them back in 2006. Here is the link to West Coast Bronco.

West Coast Broncos Unfortunately the company went belly up with a dispute among the ranks.

Some of the forums talk of the units having issues but I cant say I witnessed any of that. I love my monster box.

This is the 3 sticks, first stick on left is controls front axle, middle(yellowhead)stick controls low 3:1 & 5:1, right stick controls the rear.

The positioning of the sticks determine your gearing ratios. The outside sticks straight back is 4 high move them forward for low and then move

the middle stick fwd for 3:1 or pull it back for 5:1 (99:1 to the ground)

I call the yellow head knob Go slow Herman. I don't have any clue why!!!

The next upgrade i did was my Hydro Assist Steering. I was tired of being in a spot trying to turn & couldnt turn the wheel, I did some research

and found WestTexasOffRoad.com home of the RedNeck Ram.

I think Bonsai and Cstrike both are running them. Quader1 just put one on, ask him what he thinks about it.

I wouldn't do without it, 2nd best upgrade I've done. I did the Saginaw pump upgrade at the same time and added (though illegal a steering knob).

Being that the ram doesn't return to center 100% I had to figure out an easy quick way to disconnect & connect the ram when driving on the freeway.

As I was sawing the steering wheel back in forth. Later I found out why,

So your seeing the original mounting bracket for my ram I'll explain the change in few more post.

Lets go outside and play. Heres just a couple of random photos. Doing some bumper dragging.

One day Ill drive all the way over this rock.

These pictures were of my trial run with the Deavers coils and 5150 Bilsteins. A couple of these you've already seen, but the comparisons are undeniable.

This picture shows the same rock but with the Super Lift stiffy non flexy coils

Remember the night run well its now day light the video is grainy, however it has a lot of tire floating action with unseen devastation! costly too.

jlM1NVBjVwg

What you didn't hear at the end or did you? I grenade d the rear end. Heres where my transfer case come in to play I was able to dislocate the rear end back

down the hill take a bypass & drive up with the frt axles pulling me. Now I was about 7 miles from pavement, so My friends went on wheeling, & I took my

broke/lame horse home. 2 miles down the road the rear-end locked up on me, I had to open the rear cover & fish chunks of gears out so it would roll.

Now I'm on the pavement still doing the frt wheel drive thing, and every so often the rear end would catch and I'd almost come to a dead stop,

needless to say it was an interesting trek back to town but I made it.

So since Photobucket was down for almost 24hrs I am just going to keep going with what was to be my evening post.
JGR and 445 FE Bronco like this.

post #35 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 01:03 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Photobucket was Down today clearing their files and deleting all the Mall Crawling Jeeps from their archives.

Ok lets do this, lets try and finish up the our projects in my garage. But first lets get primed with another grainy video testing the new Deavers coils.

1Tylp06vQDo

I did a Yellow Top Battery it runs everything but I liked that it had both the top mounts as well as the side mounts for attaching accessories.

So I commented earlier about my transfer case why I wanted to be able to dislocate the rear axle and only pull from the front, have you ever

been at the top of a hill or at a spot that requires a 90` turn & backing up to make a 10 point turn its really a good idea or maybe even not

an option, well after watching many WEROC & UROC competitions and actually seeing the advantages why not add cutting brakes?

Ill do a video of them in action later in the competiton.

My Radio quit working and with Itunes and Iphone who needs a radio? I did need a CB so I pulled the radio and I had some old interior panels

so I mached up a face plate.

Painted it and put the CB in where the Radio was. I also added an Altimeter to it.

I had an issue with the driverside Knuckle & tierod so I converted that side to a heim joint. Well as it turned out, I had to redo the whole bar

and in doing so I had to change the "mounting bracket" for my ram rod. Thats when I found out why I was always sawing the S. wheel back n forth.

The joint was bad but I couldnt simulate the problem in the air, nor did I know it, I just figured it was the Ram.

I wanted onboard air but I didnt want a york compressor under the hood so I opted for a Viair constant duty kit.

Something I did recently, I put my rear sway bar back on for stability when driving cross country and locally but I wanted

some kind of quick connect system. Though I only was able to do the drop brackets its still quicker than undoing 6 bolts now I only need to

Undo 4 bolts and nuts. I used schedule 8 pins and cotters.

I showed you broken Chrome moly shafts, got tired off dumping money into axles so i bit the bullet and bought RCV axles. After watching

Tim Cameron rage on his high horse power buggy with Rcv axles and not breaking them. I knew I needed them in my rig. Plus a lifetime no question

asked warranty why not.

One of the things you were to do during install was grind down the threads on the bottum ball jt so that the boot wouldnt rub on the bolt.

I missed that part in the instructions. At the point I noticed it, there was no way I was going to take it all apart again to fix it.

I hope I dont come to regret that lazy decision.

Well Ive bored you with upgrades so lets see another video.

INrL-b7JLGw

See you all tomorrow.
445 FE Bronco likes this.

post #36 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 11:07 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Hello Everyone

Photobucket is back up and runnning so I will be able to throw in some new material this weekend,

Lets get started with I think is the last of the grainy videos, it was a good camera in its prime, I have since upgraded so the quality of the videos will get better.

UIoonfzJHF0

On to some more upgrades & off-roading. Another upgrade that I believe is a must is front & rear bumpers, I looked at way to many but I kept coming back to

Protofab4x4 bumpers the quality was off the charts, I know some of you have them on your rigs, so I think youll agree with what I've said

when I say they fit like a glove! I had absolutley no issues installing them, the Ford factory couldnt make them this precise. Once installed I stopped by

Home depot & bought some non slip tape.

I have to give my wife some promps here, once I got my cage in, I knew I wanted padding, she saw me looking at it online & noticed the price and said I can

make it alot cheaper than that. "Not one to Question my wife" (well sometimes) we went to the fabric store, I Love my Wife. Thanks Honey!!!

Heres the best picture of her handy work.

You know I did Lighting, well here is where I mounted the new Leds, I'll add the look from the location but in doing so you'll again see a

couple of repeats. Then we'll take a road trip to Tucson, and play around on a short mild little trail. This is my rear facing lights,

but with the advice of a friend they also act as back up lights.

This is under the front bumper lighting up in frt of the frt tires.

This location up under the rockers lighting up behind the frt tires and in frt of the rear tires.

Ok did you bring your lunch and plenty of water? Lets travel 130 miles to Tucson. We will be heading up Reddington rd, and we"ll take a little

no name trail and play around. I'll try to post these so you can see a progression of traveling the trail.

Ok your gonna have to wait to finsih that trail. But Heres a little sumpin sumpin From our club run so you'll see some other trucks as well.

See ya after work.

sosui-llUT0
TJSmoot likes this.

post #37 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 11:42 AM
JULY '16 F.O.T.M.

Garage
A few teaser shots of what's going on today.

no time for detailed post.. too busy wrenching!!!
TJSmoot and 445 FE Bronco like this.

July 2016 F.S.O.T.M
post #38 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 01:12 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96bronco View Post
A few teaser shots of what's going on today.

no time for detailed post.. too busy wrenching!!!

I am jealous, while your tinkering doing fun stuff, I am packing my house, escrow closes on the 17th house was only on the market for 18 days when we finalized on a offer. Leaves us scrambling to pack 20 yrs of stuff, without a place to go. Our other residence wont be ready for at least 45 days ugh. joy joy joy.
Fun in the sun in Arizona Good times life would be boring if we didnt have these battles to face.

post #39 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 08:03 PM
JULY '16 F.O.T.M.

Garage
It was a fun productive day wrenching with my son. Those who followed FOTM competition know that my son is a huge part of the Bronco evolution. Today was no exception. My torn bicep tendon is healed, but rehab will take nearly a year. I am up to a whopping 3lbs I can lift with that arm right now. So he did all the heavy lifting so to speak.

My ps box has been leaking pretty badly for a while now. I toyed with getting a redhead unit but the price always gave me pause. I was looking through the archives on this amazing forum and ran across a discussion on swapping the 4bolt ps box from a one ton truck. These unit are a dime a dozen in the junkyard around here so $35 from the junkyard I decided to give it a shot. A while ago I did a sag power steering pump upgrade so keep that in mind if you are thinking of doing what I did.

I sent my son down the local auto parts store and he came back with this guy for FREE. One of the bolts was bent so they were just going to toss it. A couple of hits with the BFH on the vice and it was straight as new. Nice score son!

Pitman arm removed:

here is my son getting the bolts removed from the PS box

Here is my UBER useful step that I got for winning FOTM thanks to the generosity of Quader1. I love this step!! Its adjustable, wide, solid, and easy to move. I had been using a step stool to work on my truck, wow what a difference.

Empty and ready to clean out all the grim.

Comparison of the two pumps. Stock 2 bolt on top and 4 bolt on bottom.

The fitting I had to swap to make this work. The one on the right is the correct fitting for the 4 Bolt

My "new" hose

You can see the pretty new 4 Bolt down there now.

Love wrenching with my son. I got to spent the entire day with him, nothing can replace this quality time. Hes 17 and off to college next year so I know times like this will become less frequent.

July 2016 F.S.O.T.M
post #40 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 08:49 PM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

Bronco Info: 1986 SAS'd, 37s, otherwise stock
This is already shaping up to be one of the best "of the years" I've seen in a while! I have no idea what beautiful bronco is going to get my vote, but keep it coming! Any one of these broncos deserves the banner at the top of the website, so keep it coming and I'll keep reading! Thanks guys!
Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode