FULLSIZE BRONCO OF THE YEAR CONTEST - 2016! VOTE HERE!!! - Page 3 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Choose your favorite Fullsize Bronco of 2016!!!
raleigh 25 28.41%
AbandonedBronco 13 14.77%
itwasFREE!!! 28 31.82%
96bronco 9 10.23%
M2A2C 13 14.77%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

862Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1988 Ford Bronco
Garage
Ok everyone back to the swap. I originally was going to run the motor stock. But then I found an awesome deal on this supercharger that was very hard to find. Check out the photo of the first Gen Vortech.

This is after I was able to route the 4" air intake and K&N air filter. They make different pulleys to increase boost and all. But I just wanted the moderate 7-12 lbs of boost. The low end torque with this motor AND the supercharger is amazing and very helpful when on the trail.

(notice the crappy flex ducting). This was temporary until I could fabricate a better intake piece. Here is the mock up of the "functional" hood scoop. I wanted the air filter to sit just above the hood. This allows the engine to draw as much air as needed unrestricted. This scoop would later get refit to match the hood along with a gasket. I had to make the front grill as well. More to come on that.

Here is the MDS 6AL ignition along with the Vortech Boost timing controller. It took some checking on wires to get them to communicate together. Once done it has been solid and reliable.

Fixed the flex ducting, hooked up all the electrical and vacuum lines. This is when I had the motor running and started checking everything.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 10:16 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
While were looking at the engine bay. Here is a photo of the York Air 210 compressor. I made my own bracket that looks similar to Airbroncos. I did purchase his pulley. I installed a small K&N for the intake, and fabricated a manifold using parts from Viair. This system has an air chuck under the hood, on the front bumper, and back bumper. With a 2.5 warn air tank mounted under the truck. There is a separate manifold with a regulator that supplies air to the front and rear lockers. I converted the air lines to 1/4 DOT poly tubing (much easier to repair and find than the 5mm metric blue stuff). All the fittings are push lock fittings which are stupid easy to fix.

This photo was taken when I still had a stock CII pump. I kept putting off swapping the Saginaw until about 2 weeks ago when this dumb oil cooler decided to start leaking oil into my coolant. Nothing like checking your coolant and finding oil in it. At first I thought I had a blown head gasket Then I started checking things out further and found out it was just the oil cooler.

The reason I was so hesitant on the Sag is that finding a Sag bracket for a 460 is a PITA. The E350 vans with 460's in them are hard to find (at least around here). So I decided to retrofit my existing bracket. Thinking that if I had to replace it down the road it would be easier to find.

Got that CII out of there.

The sag does have a bigger shaft. A new sag pulley is just as much as the CII pulley. Luckily I know a guy at my local machine shop. So he helped me out.

I should mention I used the PSC adapter for the Saginaw to accommodate the 3 holes. I then had to clock the pump in order to clear my York.

There she is ready to go. Many have said this is one of the best upgrades, I would have to agree. This pump flows so much more volume, even my PSC hydro assist works better. This is one of the upgrades I have done since FOTM.
(Nothing compared to Dave and Bronco 2.0 moving at light speed)
post #43 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Retiring Soon

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
don't go comparing progress to Dave, man. that's a sure way to end up in the shop, curled up in a ball, whimpering like a baby girl.
great work getting all that stuff fit and working together there. with as much as is being run... I'd carry a spare belt around.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002

post #44 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 01:37 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Good evening Bronco maniacs,

Lets start things off with a Trail ride, & no mercy to the body lol.

Kxmbw81bWG4

So remember when I said the 5150 bilstens trashed my tires because they were to soft, well heres putting the original duff shock mounts back on

where they had them in the first place(well almost the same spot).

Heres a shot of the old 5150 & the new 7100 much much better control & handling very happy with them. I have since taken the rear sway bar

back off, the front shocks have taken a lot of the roll out of the Bronco. I will reinstall them when we are loaded for a over the road trip.

Now I know, but looks are deceiving, that shock & mount are perfectly verticle.

Lets do some wheeling Im bored with build stuff. We were last on a trail in Tucson, So lets head back 130 miles & pick up where we last left off.

OK we'll finish this trail after while. I need a beverage, time for another video, How slow can your highway driver go in 4 low?

See you all on the flip side. Enjoy.

7xRhVnkQQRY

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln

Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016
post #45 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 10:07 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Good Morning to ya.

Lets jump right into a Video slide to start your day off right. This is the start of the Predator Trail its very short but takes

couple of hours to run.

GAYHxidWZd4

This is my custom front diff guard. look familiar? I actually borrowed a friend's plasma cutter and sliced up the left front TTB housing.

Then I took 2 bolts welded them together head to head because the holes in the TTB were bigger than the 78 D44 diff holes. I searched

high in low for header bolts matching the 2 sizes, I searched all thread, but no luck so I just used schedule 8 hardware to make it work.

I think it turned out fair enough, its strong, its been hit pretty hard, and I can lift the truck from it.

I needed mirrors with the half doors this is my first attempt, I couldnt see very much. I have since added a pair for the roll bar but had to make

them removable when I put the reg doors back on.

I do believe we have a trail to finish, its not all that spectacular but its a trail, so back 130 miles to Tucson.

Let's head to the high country in search of Snow. Here are some pictures of the storm that has been brewing all night. The first picture

we are in the foothills at the base of the mountain and we drove into what we thought was just fog but as you can tell it was a little

more than that. We were only at 2600' the second picture is the end of pavement, but not much higher we are just on the other side,

The thermals around the base of the mountains create some creepy weather especially during our monsoon season.

Yes even the Desert gets some snow every once in a great while. I think the snow on the majestic Saguaros is a conflict of the Desert.

But beautiful in its white crown. We are at about 3500' here. But we"ll be climbing in a bit.

Lets watch a video of the the beginning of the trail once were above the weather down below. Then we'll put away the camera so we can

focus on the task at hand which will be navigating a narrow slick trail where the edge is not the place to be as one wrong move and

there will be no recovery for your rig.

vRVcWon5uGw

Put your phone away No texting on this spot. No No No.

Keep your dang eyes on the trail, no time for sky larking, my hands are starting to sweat & I'm not even there.

I'm not ashamed to say I was lil Skeered.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by itwasFREE!!!!; 11-08-2016 at 04:23 PM.
post #46 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 10:40 AM
JULY '16 F.O.T.M.

Bronco Info: 1996 EB
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasFREE!!!! View Post
..I do believe we have a trail to finish..
SWEET wheeling pics. Love how you get out so much!

...Oh wait we are in a competition against each other, oh well, still love all your pics!
itwasFREE!!!! likes this.

1996 Eddie Bauer 351W/E40D/Dana 44, TTB R 8.8 (4.56 F&R), 6" Lift, 35x13.50 Toyo MTs, sag PS, 1 ton brakes, off-road bumpers, Warn 15K, Edelbrock intakes, lots 'O lights.
Build thread: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=352625
Supermord site: http://www.supermotors.net/registry/26920
July 2016 F.S.O.T.M
post #47 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 11:09 AM
JULY '16 F.O.T.M.

Garage
I am going to be hit or miss posting for the next few days. Traveling for work and I don't usually get a lot of free time. I'm with itwasFREE lets get out of the garage and onto the trail. I build the Bronco to use not just spend endless hours working on it in the garage... oh wait I do that too!

Broken record I know, but one of the single best things about the Bronco is the bonding time with my son. I have really enjoyed watching him grow in his wrenching skills, but its equally fun seeing his driving skills improve with every outing we go on.

Doing a great job navigating some deep water, not too fast or too slow.

Sometimes its not all technical driving skills, you gotta play once in awhile. Here he is playing in a water hole on the way to one of our hikes.

Here is the beautiful place the Bronco took us on this outing which was a harvest moon hike to watch the sun rise on top of a 14,000ft peak

1996 Eddie Bauer 351W/E40D/Dana 44, TTB R 8.8 (4.56 F&R), 6" Lift, 35x13.50 Toyo MTs, sag PS, 1 ton brakes, off-road bumpers, Warn 15K, Edelbrock intakes, lots 'O lights.
July 2016 F.S.O.T.M
post #48 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
don't go comparing progress to Dave, man. that's a sure way to end up in the shop, curled up in a ball, whimpering like a baby girl.
great work getting all that stuff fit and working together there. with as much as is being run... I'd carry a spare belt around.
Haha good point. That would be like comparing trail photos to itwasFree.

By the way itwasFree I have those same Bilstein 7100 shocks and love them (good call on the upgrade plus they are re-buildable). Your trail rides look awesome, Arizona is so beautiful. We all need to come down to AZ and do some wheeling.

Hey Pepe, I do carry a spare belt, along with a bunch of other crap I always think I need to make a trail repair if necessary. Curious to see what others carry while running around town, and on the trail. I have a box I bring for trail rides. I will post up how I mounted it. I think all the guys in this group are fairly comfortable cutting, fabricating, and wrenching on their rigs.
post #49 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 12:00 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Who doesn't like a dirt roller coaster?

post #50 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 03:11 PM
JULY '16 F.O.T.M.

Garage
Found a video of my son playing in the water from the above picture. You can see the smile on his face as he goes by.

July 2016 F.S.O.T.M
post #51 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 06:44 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '79 built 400, Ford 10.5" Rear, Dana 60 Front, Locked, Twin Sticked
All right, looks like I have some catching up to do!

The weekend trip was well worth it and we had a blast.
There was a photographer with us on day and took a ton of pics of the Bronco so it may get published in a few off road magazines so keep an out for me!

a couple of teasers from this weekend
One of my wife and I on an obstacle called Bronco Falls, named for a 1978 Bronco that rolled down it some years ago

Headed up Bronco Falls

And back to the original Bronco
After the block incident I decided to do a shackle flip, no more crappy blocks for me!
That led to more wheeling, I had a blast wheeling it for quite a while

Drove it like this for about 9 months, then decided to do a restomod on it, more on that tomorrow...
BikerPepe`, JGR and 445 FE Bronco like this.

Dave

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
post #52 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 09:22 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2A2C View Post
Haha good point. That would be like comparing trail photos to itwasFree.

By the way itwasFree I have those same Bilstein 7100 shocks and love them (good call on the upgrade plus they are re-buildable). Your trail rides look awesome, Arizona is so beautiful. We all need to come down to AZ and do some wheeling.
Man that would be so cool in fact you come down here and we would treat you to some sweet trails and then vise versa we could come up there and you do the same. (THEN) are you ready? we could Photo bomb FOTY 2017
BikerPepe` and M2A2C like this.

post #53 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 09:25 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good Evening FSB

I hope everyone is enjoying the show that ALL THE FOTMs are putting on for everyone. So lets start off right with a video.

Then we"ll jump back into the snow and finish that trail. So in this video I found out that I didn't turn on my lockers either one of them,

we've all done it a time or to and usually found out the hard embarrassing way, and sometimes finding out guess you didn't need them

the first time around. Well in this one you need them in this very loose rip rap rock.

2DgQ7TENERU

On the way back down we are going to take a side road & after we get past the cloud cover we are going to come into this Meadow,

Ill have to stop because you can tell no one has been this way today and it will be to pristine to foul a great shot with tire

marks going through it.

Well that's about it for the little bit of snow we get but here is another video of that snowy day.

ictc6mi5ao4

Brrrr I need heat lets head to the desert floor put on some shorts and t shirt & wash this dirty truck. That's what we can do in the desert

play in the snow on the mountains then come back down into 90* warmth and go swimming in our pools or wash our vehicular's.

I love this State. So lets meet up with Cstrike (FOTY 2015) and Go wheeling.

Hey Cstrike that's not one of your horse's is it? I don't think so, I think your horses are cared for a lot better than that one.

But here's your steel horse at work.

Here I am getting a spot from Mr FOTY himself, Thanks Cstrike look forward to many more trail rides with ya.

OK my CEO is calling us for dinner and missing dinner isn't an option in our kitchen so we"ll catch up with Cstrike

Tomorrow and conquer this trail with his trail-worthy guidance. Until then Sleep well.

post #54 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 09:49 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Quote:
Ok everyone back to the swap. I originally was going to run the motor stock. But then I found an awesome deal on this supercharger that was very hard to find. Check out the photo of the first Gen Vortech.

This is after I was able to route the 4" air intake and K&N air filter. They make different pulleys to increase boost and all. But I just wanted the moderate 7-12 lbs of boost. The low end torque with this motor AND the supercharger is amazing and very helpful when on the trail.

I have to admit when i first read this post i was just skimming through, it wasn't until last night, that I read it again and caught myself saying wait super charger? I understand building a power plant for what ever purpose I get it who in their right mind does not like raw horse power. I didn't do it simply because I already have a heavy foot, I did not need added horsepower to make me go broke from equipment failure, so i choose gearing and a transfer case to make up for it. (I did however do a RV cam for added torque) But when I saw SUPER CHARGER COOL. Its not everyday somebody builds a full body bko with a super charger. so hats off to ya. very unique.
BikerPepe` and M2A2C like this.

post #55 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 07:58 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good Morning FSB World,

Its a beautiful day in the Desert and we have a trail to finish, but like always lets get things rolling with another video.

In this video you"ll see myself and Cstrike but if watch closely you may see a "Chevy" take the Bypass. Hmmmm.

PXMkMbKVt-M

This is a picture of the trail we were going up, but like all 2 dimensional photos it doesn't do it any justice.

These are a few shots of Cstrike and heading up the trail to the next few obstacles.

So I jumped ahead in our adventure only because of the video, here is where we left off yesterday on the trail.

Here is 3 close ups of a technical part of the trail.

Here is a short video from the same trail just a different spot its short but steep with loose dirt and gravel all the way up it.

Thanks CainsBigRed for the videos!

f68xIBu0qU4

post #56 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 05:58 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '79 built 400, Ford 10.5" Rear, Dana 60 Front, Locked, Twin Sticked
How about a couple more pics from the weekend?

As it should be, Broncos herding the Jeeps lol

Mad flex lol

Ill post the build progress later, gotta go get the boy from school now

Dave

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
post #57 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Hey Dave Looks like the Hump n' Bump was a success!
JGR and raleigh like this.
post #58 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 06:53 PM
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Hey Dave Looks like the Hump n' Bump was a success!
Needed more humpin to go with the bumpin

Was hoping to get some of the Utah Bronco guys down but that didn't happen.
M2A2C likes this.

Dave

Last edited by raleigh; 11-07-2016 at 07:22 PM.
post #59 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 07:20 PM
FSM Lifetime

Quote:

Hey Pepe, I do carry a spare belt, along with a bunch of other crap I always think I need to make a trail repair if necessary. Curious to see what others carry while running around town, and on the trail. I have a box I bring for trail rides. I will post up how I mounted it. I think all the guys in this group are fairly comfortable cutting, fabricating, and wrenching on their rigs.
Challenge accepted

I keep all of this in the Bronco at all times

5 gallons of 91 octane gasoline

This is my trunk

I use simple ratchet straps with d rings on the floor to secure it, also have a small bag with more accessible items that get used more or may be needed more quickly.

The bag contains my air down tool, gloves, 2 spill kits, air hose and tire chuck for airing up.
The truck contains a full tool set up to 1 1/4" wrenches and sockets, an assortment of screw drivers and pliers, 12 ton bottle jack, 54" Hilift, flash light, 2 gallons of coolant, 4 quarts of oil, 1 quart of brake fluid, 1 quart of PS fluid, full set of replacement belts, 3 replacement u joints, grease gun with extra grease, jumper cables and a 5 lb. hammer.
BikerPepe`, M2A2C, TJSmoot and 1 others like this.

Dave

post #60 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Too poor for FSM

Bronco Info: '89XLT 351w w/C6. 6.5" lift SAS's 44. K&N, 3" Exhaust. 2002 f350 7.3 with some goods
awesome so far guys! I'll hold my vote for awhile, but snow pics make me
itwasFREE!!!! likes this.

Vance
Sig pic too big, too lazy to change.
Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode