FULLSIZE BRONCO OF THE YEAR CONTEST - 2016! VOTE HERE!!! - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Choose your favorite Fullsize Bronco of 2016!!!
raleigh 25 28.41%
AbandonedBronco 13 14.77%
itwasFREE!!! 28 31.82%
96bronco 9 10.23%
M2A2C 13 14.77%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

862Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 08:41 PM
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

Bronco Info: '95 302 XLT
GREAT JOB SO FAR GUY'S

Allcruisen

Vote for FOTM !!!

VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 09:34 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '79 built 400, Ford 10.5" Rear, Dana 60 Front, Locked, Twin Sticked
Alright, back to the task at hand, the build

The original plan was to put the Bronco body on a shortened F250 chassis

This truck had been rolled but was a running truck, it had the 7.3 PS and ZF6 trans, exactly what I wanted and for $3000 it was a steal
Of course the sale fell through so that blew that plan

While searching around I found what was supposed to be a fairly clean and straight 79 body

It came with a frame and title, which was fantastic since my frame had some rotting under the spring hangers
So i decided it was time for a frame off build on it, let the teardown begin!

More tomorrow!
BikerPepe`, JGR and 445 FE Bronco like this.

Dave

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
post #63 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 10:03 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Good Evening,

Day 7 is coming to the end. Lets just keep it going and finish the week in style, I found some more old Videos of the first

days after the SAS. I'm quite bored with old build stuff, So who wants to watch some more 4 wheeling tire floating action?

This is my first attempt at the Cork Screw in the Area called 3 Feathers in Tucson's Reddington Pass.

mqqk3oHFEf0

In my 11-4 am post you saw my Bronco on a rock with my bumper in the dirt. Then on top of the rock, This Rock holds

some special events for me. But that's another story, So Heres 2 short videos that produced those photos.

MTQKZrm1F7A

IMchtlmkcx0

As Paul Harvey use to Say.....Now The Rest of the Story. This Rock is in an area in Redington Pass in Tucson known as Chimney Rock.

For those of you familiar with Sedona, and it being known for these many so called Vortex Rocks, well you guessed it, this area is

Tucson's Vortex Rock. I don't know if any of that is true or not, "the Vortex thing". I can tell you there isn't any other place in the

Rincon Mountains or in any of the Surrounding Mountain Ranges, that look like this area, & I can also say a compass isn't

very accurate there. Anyways My wife and I got Married on this rock 21 yrs ago, and I Threw my Dads ashes off the top of this rock.

I sometimes jokingly say I threw my dad off a cliff and got away with it. Quoting Paul Harvey.... Now you know The Rest of the Story.

I am going to end tonight's post on a somber note.

This is the last Photo and last trail ride of our Beloved and extremely Loyal Companion before she Left us for Rainbow Bridge,

she gave us 17yrs of fond memories. Whenever we said wana go for a ride she went to the Bronco First, and started barking,

I'm gonna miss that. She was a well traveled dog, as she made 3 trips across country, She Swam in the Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Mexico,

The Sea of Cortez (Gulf of California) Visited 18 states, Survived cancer, 2 Titanium Knee surgeries, We often referred to her

as our $12,000.00 mutt for all the medical bills we occurred with her. (I'd do it all again)

She went everywhere with us, if the dogs couldn't go we didn't go either (Except for Jamaica). My licence plate on my F250 is 2FurKdz.

It's Been 7 months, it feels like yesterday. She is Missed Greatly!!!!

I promise tomorrow will be much more fun and exciting.

Good Night Everyone, Good Night Ole Friend!

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln

Thank you for Making me FOTY 2016

post #64 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 07:44 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Bronco Info: 92 302 E4od 35s stak3spd monsterbox 4:88 ectedmaxf/r rcv axles hydro-assist steering sas vair
Garage
Good Morning

Lets start off with a glimpse in to the future via another video. This video is from our trip to Moab Utah. If you have never been there,

maybe this scenic video will entice you Togo. I recorded it from my cell so its a little choppy. This is coming down Hurrah Pass.The song

playing is from a local AZ Bluegrass Band outta Flagstaff, it just seemed fitting to play it as we traveled down this narrow dusty trail.

YAZX6IUDNmw

OK lets get back to some wheeling adventures and head into The White Tank Mountains North of Buckeye, Az. Neither Quader1 or

I have been here nor did we no where the trail started, where it finished most importantly where it even was. We just had some

half backed directions and that there were multiple trails with varing degrees of difficulty. After about an hour of travel time and

locating what looked like a trail. Off we went, after about another 30 mins of backing up, turning around and dancing through a mine

field of Off-roaders & Shooters trash (PACK OUT YOUR CRAP PEOPLE), we were confident we found a trail. The next question was

where did it go? Here are a few pictures of a mildly rutted path of loose rock and dirt.

So as you can see its a very mild trail, but there were some small surprises to come our way.

Anybody got any ideas what this poisonous little creature is? Ill tell you in a little bit. Back to the trail.

Well have you figured it out yet, I mean there is Google, Bing, FOTM & other search engines.

The next question will be, can you pronounce it properly. You Arizona Bronco's need to keep your mouths shut. This could turn out to

be quite funny if you know what I mean. After all theres a Town with the same name, a river with the same name. I was in Ohio a while

back & a Border patrol agent was shot in that town, the poor news caster was just butchering the name. So let's see what people come

up it & if you were paying attention during FOTM for May. Ill post the Anwser tonight with my evening post.

Well lets watch another video. We are still traveling down Hurrah Pass in Moab, The back ground music is the classical guitar

sound from Jesse Cook.

o5sx094obQw
JGR and 445 FE Bronco like this.

At times it's best to keep one's mouth shut & be thought a fool, than to open it & remove all doubt! Abraham Lincoln

post #65 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 10:17 AM
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

Bronco Info: '95 302 XLT
Thumbs up

Really glad to see that just 8 Days into this Contest and we already have 4 pages of participants and comments. Every one on this list has won already, but this is for the "FULLSIZE BRONCO OF THE YEAR for 2016" What a GREAT Contest.

Can thank everyone enough for all the hard work that they have and continue to put into this Event ...

Thanks again and Good Luck to all,
Allcruisen
BikerPepe` and itwasFREE!!!! like this.

Vote for FOTM !!!

VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"
post #66 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Charlie doesn't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
great video and pics...

gila monster...but I don't think it's named after the monongahela
itwasFREE!!!! likes this.
post #67 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 01:50 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermil01 View Post
great video and pics...

gila monster...but I don't think it's named after the monongahela
You are right, I think you were paying attention during FOTM. Or you have them in Florida? Also no its not named after a the city or river in Pennsylvania, but it might be as fast as that river. Most people not from here pronounce it Geela . Then the uninformed or ignorant when the see one want to either pick it up if or kill it, if they are successful in capturing it. Why someone would want to kill it is beyond me Its not a Politician or terrorist
JGR likes this.

post #68 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1988 Ford Bronco
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleigh View Post
Needed more humpin to go with the bumpin

Was hoping to get some of the Utah Bronco guys down but that didn't happen.
Ya ya I recently just finished my swap / build. I am hoping to make it out on the next one for sure!
post #69 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 05:42 PM
House of Windsor 4ever!

Bronco Info: 79 Ranchero GT/97 Eddie Bauer Exploder 5.0 AWD
Garage
Definitely a difficult choice this year. I have one in mind, but I need to go through pages 2 and 3 before I finalize my vote.

[Silver70] In 100 years, when astronauts visit the landing site, they'll stumble upon the little FSB rover with a busted driveshaft, twisted up on a moon-rock flexing the SAS, and think, "Man... those things can go anywhere. Screw Jeep."
post #70 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 07:35 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Good evening,

Did you figure out what that lil creature was? Jermil01 did. Good job. It is the elusive Gila Monster. Pronounced 'HeLa'. Its fast & has a nasty bite but rarley seen.

Can you guess what Im going to say and do next? Yep another video. I think we are going to stay in Moab & continue down Hurrah Pass.

aUdGwkT_uPo

Heres Three shots on a rut in the white Tanks, just poseing for the camera.

Well I think Im going to mix it up a bit. Heres a video back in Moab that is on the pavement following along the Colorado River.

asueZnFu5NM

Lets take a journey to another trail.

Well thats about it for tonight so heres a bed time Video for you. This goes out to the GoFast Broncos, My idea of what my truck would look like going fast offroad.

_8vFbRnrPMQ

post #71 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1988 Ford Bronco
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleigh View Post
Challenge accepted
Looks good Dave. Its nice to see you carry as much as I do haha.

I have 4 D rings that come up from the cargo floor that are bolted down (I took them out of an explorer in the JY one day). I ran them up through my rear cargo mat. I wasn't sure on what type of box to get. I looked at those fancy weather guard pack rat series boxes (the kind that roll out). I then looked at pelican cases but they were all expensive.

One day I finally found a good match. Every once in a while Home Depot has these Hard plastic Husky job boxes that go on sale. I got mine for $48. It is big, lockable, and water tight for when the top is off.

I liked how the top opens so I do not have to open the tail gate to get into it.A disadvantage to some of the other roll out boxes. Now I can stand on the bumper and reach through the back window to get my gear.

Here is the box strapped down

I like to have everything compartamentalized maybe I am a little OCD. So I will buy the power tool display cases at Homedepot when they clearance them out for like $5. Then I hack out the plastic guts and use them in my tool box to help keep things organized.

In my lift out tote I carry the stuff I use most. Tow strap, tree saver, snatch block, D rings, jumper cables, air down tools, and gloves.

In the boxes I carry tools with 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 sets. Box ends, vise grips, pliers, hammer, screw driver set, axle nut removal tool ect. (And air tools impact wrench lol) gotta use that York air. I love air tools.

One box is dedicated to electrical that has extra wire, volt meter, wire strippers, extra fuses, relays, electrical fittings ect.

One box is for repairs like bailing wire, self sealing tape for hoses, zip ties, duct tape.

One box has 2 U joints and a box with straps and bolts. A tire plug kit, and extra belts.

The bag of fluids: 2 gal of water, 4 quarts of oil, 1 power steering, 1 break fluid, some grease to pack a bearing if needed. I carry some extra rope, tarp, first aid, and a fire extinguisher I also carry an ax, and shovel.

Being an eagle scout in my youth I learned to always be prepared!
post #72 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 07:48 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Well its Hump Day, I suppose some people could take that statement politically.

Moving on now, Lets Keep making FOTY Great and get things rolling over the rocks so

Lets roll people, here is a short video from a recent ride with a fellow Go Fast Bronco Maniac.

Thanks bronco_brAdy333 for the video.

2O4xR2SdyN4

Lets stay on that trail for a little while.

We left The White Tanks earlier lets pick up there. This trail was not as we had hoped but it was different. The trail in spots was over grown and narrow,
so it pushed you closer to the edge than you wanted to be & in some cases add the washouts in the corners, it made you a little uncomfortable.
I cant imagine wheeling in a rig with more than a 6" lift. I think you would need nerves of steel, The lean in some of the trails I've covered, I don't think
I would want to be in that tall of a truck. Keep in mind these next two pictures have nothing to do with this paragraph.
This is just a deep rut we were playing in looking to get articulation shots.

Here is another video from bronco_brAdy333 Thank you sir I look forward to more trips in back country with you.

fS8DSPPRgyA

post #73 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 12:35 PM
Big Six

Bronco Info: 1981 300ci 6cyl w/4bbl conversion. 4spd NP-435 manual. 32" tires.
Hi everyone!

I'm a bit late to the game on this. Finally got back from my trip, so it's time to get caught up and post some stories and pics.

The trip was great. Hiked some beautiful country, and saw plenty of elk, but could never get close enough to get one. Also, unfortunately, it was almost always dark when we hiked out and dark when we got back, so I couldn't get any Bronco pics.

But, it was gorgeous out, and fun to drive out here as always. About 350 miles of driving to and fro, and got around 16mpg.

March 2016 FOTM
1981 Bronco. 300 I6. 450cfm QuickFuel 4bbl. BFG A/T KO2 32x11.5" tires. NP-435 trans. EFI exhaust manifolds. 2.5" Exhaust. DUI performance ignition. Redhead steering box w/ Saginaw PS pump.
Supermotors Pics
post #74 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Big Six

On to the Bronco. Since I'm about a week behind, I have some catching up to do.

And, since photobucket is now back up, I went back and added pictures to my previous post. Check'm out!:

FULLSIZE BRONCO OF THE YEAR CONTEST - 2016! VOTE HERE!!!

As I said previously, I got my Bronco in 2004 and it has been my daily driver ever since.
When I first got it, I was pretty ignorant to a lot of mechanics. I had done some basic work, but about the extent of work I had done before was replace some gaskets on an engine. Nothing major.

The Bronco was in good shape, but it was worn out. Considering what I've learned about it in the years, I'm pretty sure it had at, a minimum, half a million miles on it. I later learned that the engine had already been rebuilt once (the pistons in it were bored 30 over), and when I attempted to first rebuild the engine, they told me that it was so worn out that 60 over wasn't enough to true up the cylinders. Considering the longevity of the 300, there were some serious miles on this beast.

And the suspension had never been replaced. It swayed and wobbled all over the place. I took it down for an alignment and the guys at the shop took one look at it and said it was near impossible and quoted me about $2000 worth of work. Tie rod ends, ball joints, shocks, radius arm bushings, axle pivot bushings, sway bar bushings, drive shafts even. Everything was shot.

Considering I was in college, and this was technically a "free" truck, there was no way I was spending $2k on it. However, my first problem was, I didn't know what any of those parts were. But it was time to learn.
So, I ordered up all the parts at my local Napa store and figured I'd try to make sense of them when they arrived. .

The shocks were the originals and still had the FORD logo stamped on them. When I removed them, they would compress under their own weight, and would uncompress when I turned them upside down. Both driveshafts thumped and wobbled and blew out rust powder when I compressed them.

Now, I'm going to cheat here a little bit, since it'd been 11 years, and I hadn't maintained it very well in that time (learned my lesson on that one), so last year, I did it all again.

Ahhh.... Fresh parts

Getting to the axle pivot bushings without removing the axles is a difficult. But... getting the old ones out... Even more so. I never want to do it again.

This is after hours of hammering.

Now for some ball joint work. The old ones were so bad I could shake them around and they'd flop side to side.

Pressing the old ones out. Not my favorite task without a vice. I had to stand on / hold the knuckle between my legs to keep it from spinning around while I pressed them. But, you do what you have to do.

New joints pressed in.

When the axle was out, I noticed it was nice and crunchy when I turned it, so time for a new U-Joint

After some heat, WD-40, and tightening the press a little at a time until I thought it was going to break, I heard the satisfying POP of the old joint releasing.

New joint in place

Now that it's got a new suspension and isn't dangerous to drive, it's time to go have some fun with it.
itwasFREE!!!! likes this.

March 2016 FOTM
1981 Bronco. 300 I6. 450cfm QuickFuel 4bbl. BFG A/T KO2 32x11.5" tires. NP-435 trans. EFI exhaust manifolds. 2.5" Exhaust. DUI performance ignition. Redhead steering box w/ Saginaw PS pump.
Supermotors Pics
post #75 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 02:08 PM
Big Six

So, from the beginning, one thing I always wanted to achieve with the Bronco was a durable and reliable vehicle. I don't care what it looks like (mostly) as long as it will always get me where I want to go and get me home (and be comfortable while doing it!)

First thing it needed was some new tires.

The ones I tossed on when I got it were junk, and that became pretty evident one day while my wife and I were travelling down the interstate at around 70mph.

Made me thankful for the good suspension! The tire was on the front, and even though it was full on blow-out, I was able to just pull over to the side of the road.

Unfortunately, I didn't know anything about tires at the time, so the guy at the tire shop put on what the computer said was the factory tire size of 215 75R15s, even though the door sticker said it was originally equipped with the optional 235s.

So, for the first four years of its life with me, it was a stilty thing with dinky tires. I hated it, but the money was already spent. Still, it was a lot of fun to drive, and never had problems going where I wanted to go, so it was only visual.

Those pictures also show the new full-sized mirrors I put on it. The originals were way too small for a vehicle of this size. Plus, they were worn out (go figure) and would slowly point down as I drove around. I kept having to point them back the right way every 50 miles or so.

Still though, it shined up like a new penny:

And takes me to some really great places:

(Elevation of around 9000 ft)

March 2016 FOTM
Supermotors Pics
post #76 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 06:27 PM
JULY '16 F.O.T.M.

Bronco Info: 1996 EB
Garage
Hey All
Caught a little bit of a break from my work trip.

Here is a recent adventure I took with my son for a winter hike up La Plata peak. This one of the most amazing experiences you can have. 14K in snow and not another person around for miles.

Getting back to the truck after a long successful day

you can see how useful it is to have the swing out rack lock in the open position. We are sitting on a slope here and it stays put, never getting in the way

A couple of shots on the way out:

I love this Bronco. It gets me where I need to go and allows me to spent a full day hiking with my son!
One more day on the road for work and then I can get back to some regular postings!

1996 Eddie Bauer 351W/E40D/Dana 44, TTB R 8.8 (4.56 F&R), 6" Lift, 35x13.50 Toyo MTs, sag PS, 1 ton brakes, off-road bumpers, Warn 15K, Edelbrock intakes, lots 'O lights.
Build thread: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=352625
Supermord site: http://www.supermotors.net/registry/26920
July 2016 F.S.O.T.M
post #77 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 07:13 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: '79 built 400, Ford 10.5" Rear, Dana 60 Front, Locked, Twin Sticked
Okay, time to get back at it, at this point I had purchased the red Bronco body and frame and stripped it down to the frame

The frame needed a little bit of work but was solid in comparison to the other one

The windshield area was very solid with very little rust, promising

Off to powder coating!

Shiny!!!

Where it would reside for the next year or so

In the background you can see the '78 being demo'd, more on that tomorrow!

Dave

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Last edited by raleigh; 11-09-2016 at 07:16 PM.
post #78 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 07:29 PM
FSM Lifetime

How about a few more pics from this past weekend?

Check out this nasty drop in!

There are many things I can do with this lower and shorter Bronco that the FSB would have never been able to do, that was one of them!

Here is another

And another

Flex anyone?
TJSmoot, JGR and 445 FE Bronco like this.

Dave

post #79 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 08:08 PM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
I hope it was a Blessed day for everyone in one way or another. A little stressful for me but God is good!

Tonights video is taken from the Go pro on the hood of my Bronco.

FKIhKi0RflE

This is another Video from the Go Pro on My Hood. Enjoy and good night!

7gCXiSymwf0

post #80 of 281 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:37 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2016

Garage
Thursday morning with a cup of coffee and itwasFREE!!!!

Lets start out on the hood of my Bronco

JK3LZpQs5_o

The Bradshaw Mountains are rich with history of fortunes of Gold and silver, But in the summer time they are just plan hot with little to no shade
unless your up in the pines, But the Crown King Trail offers three things The heat of the Desert, The coolness of the Pines,
and a old Saloon at the end of the trail offering cold refreshments for all ages.
Unfortunately in these pictures we are finishing another obstacle on the trail. So we aren't quite there yet.

Its the Go Pro Thing again but I like the view it gives.

3njGiM7_Cno
445 FE Bronco likes this.

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode