January 2017 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Choose your favorite Fullsize Bronco for January 2017!!!
Quader1 30 46.15%
BoulderBronco 7 10.77%
silent one 22 33.85%
Infinite Grade 3 4.62%
Mountain dewd 3 4.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

1352Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 sport,6''SAS 37's streetlocks 4.56's ARB,BroncoAir rear bumper HeftyFabworks front bumper
Some more beach pictures.

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
Silent One's Supermotors Page
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 06:39 PM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Bronco Info: 78 W/400
Garage
Sedona Arizona Slide show

Here is another Sedona Arizona Slide show with some great music. All these pictures have not been shown.

This trip was such a blast

Last edited by Quader1; 01-07-2017 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Fix video
post #63 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 sport,6''SAS 37's streetlocks 4.56's ARB,BroncoAir rear bumper HeftyFabworks front bumper
I don't know if it's the mobile site or Photobucket or what, but my pictures are not showing up on the mobile version.
JGR likes this.

post #64 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 08:32 PM
JGR
Full Of Rowdy Drunks

Bronco Info: 1986 SAS'd, 37s, otherwise stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent one View Post
I don't know if it's the mobile site or Photobucket or what, but my pictures are not showing up on the mobile version.
Ya I'm having issues seeing yours and boulder bronco's pictures.
post #65 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 08:34 PM

Bronco Info: 96 M5OD 5.0 XL all stock 221xxx manual everything
I have been stalking the UPS truck for the past couple days, and finally, yesterday evening, the glorious UPS truck showed up with my parts. I got a set of Moog thermopastic radius arm bushings and a pair of Superlift leveling springs.

Tire off, ready to unbolt the swaybar and shock.

Swaybar disconnected, new vs. old springs, and bushings.

Radius arm bracket unbolted and out of the way. Old bushings removed.

New spring in, ready to button back up.

After getting the passenger side buttoned back up, I pulled the bracket and found this. Cracks everywhere!

I welded the bracket up and painted it. I will be ordering a new bracket soon to replace it.

Before and after.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

All told, this job took me about a day's worth of solid work to do. The result was more than worth it. The ride is MUCH quieter over bumps, the handling is tighter and it is wonderfully smooth. Tracks nice and straight too.

It wasn't a particularly hard job at all, albeit a little cumbersome doing it alone. but a bunch of jacks, jackstands and blocks helped tremendously.

The bronco was still down for a day and a half, and when both of your rigs look like this:

Your daily driver becomes this:

Not a bad way to zip around town, actually.

Do NOT tread on me.
'73 f250 401FE in the works np435/205~~~~~ 96FSB, 302, 5spd, manual BW1356/hubs
post #66 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 08:12 AM
Fullsize Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.g.regan View Post
Ya I'm having issues seeing yours and boulder bronco's pictures.
Yeah i dont know what going on with them.
JGR likes this.

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
post #67 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 10:34 AM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Garage
Next in line after the wire harness, I installed the carpet kit I got from LMC. I rolled it out and used a HF steamer to get the fold out and make it smooth. Pretty simple kit that makes a huge difference. Again this is a milestone that really got me motivated. You see something done and you want to finish.

Had to cut around the sticks:

Also mounted the new rubber around the sticks:

post #68 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Fullsize Member

Had friend take some pictures for me for bronco driver magazine.

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
post #69 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 03:47 PM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Garage

This is a picture of one of the stops to watch Itwasfree on the crevice on broken arrow. I didnít have the balls to do it, and when I realized that this guy (itwasFREE) is crazy LOL. He had already posted the pictures of it in his run, there was a lot of people there watching him.

These next few are some more of Broken arrow. Sedona is such a beautiful town and the scenery is pretty much unmatched with it's red rocks. I didnít want to leave.

post #70 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 04:16 PM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Garage
You know something serious is going down when tons of people are gathering to watch.

This is the crowd I was talking about in my last post.

post #71 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 07:57 PM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Garage
I think this is still on Broken Arrow going up to what is called Submarine Hill (I could be wrong)

That As* though

Anyone looking:

This is coming down the same hill:

This is me being a copycat

Pretty neat picture

post #72 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 08:18 PM
Fullsize Member

A few years after owning my bronco I was giving someone a ride home in a snow storm(bad idea) and when up a road with a hill I should not have, I ending up sliding down the hill backward into a tree and smashed the back up of of my bronco pretty bad.(no pics, never wanted to see it that again) After the body shop fixed it they couldn't find a spare tire carrier to replace the damaged one. Not to long after that BroncoAir came out with there rear bumper and tire carrier and I had to have it and it one of the first ones they made and still holding up after all these years, it one of the best things I ever bought for my bronco.

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
post #73 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 09:03 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 93 5.8L tons of stuff
** admin edit: houskeeping. you want mint fo pillow?
not a problem bud. glad to help. on with the show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent one View Post
That's a sweet bumper!
BikerPepe` and B-man like this.

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 01-07-2017 at 02:04 AM.
post #74 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 09:15 PM
FSM Lifetime

Ok. Starting over to get these pictures right and not double post (other posts deleted)

Here is my story.
For starters, my Broncos name is Charmer. It's 1993 XLT fully loaded that I bought in the spring of 96. Back up six months. I had saved up money after snowplowing for a couple years to finally buy my own truck. My father always had Broncos and plowed with them so that's what I wanted. He had a 93 with a plow and was looking at getting a new 96. So I bought his Bronco from him and was making payments on it. The only upgrade I had done was to put on some 32" BFG AT's. In February of 96 I was driving on 93 North from Boston at about 2AM to go ice fishing for the weekend when I fell asleep at the wheel I was on cruise control at about 75MPH. It was ugly. Where I veered off the road was a large rock outcropping which I smashed into and literally flipped in the air and slammed back down on the roof back on the highway. I still remember the initial impact when I close my eyes. I was "lucky" that I fell asleep and veered at that exact point or I would have went over an embankment or slammed into the trees.
I skidded along the highway, upside down, for about 200 ft. I was of course upside down and can still remember sparks flying right by my face as I hung upside down by my seatbelt. The truck came to a rest and I quickly realized what happened and that I was ok. But I needed to get out of the truck as it was hissing and who know if it would catch fire. I was also upside down, in the travel lane at 2AM in the middle of a dark NH highway without any lights. So it was not a good place to literally, hang out. But I had trouble getting my seat belt off and my foot was stuck in the pedals. This is all happening in a matter of 30 seconds. I then see lights behind me (remember I'm facing the correct direction, upside down, in the travel lane). I had seconds to get out of the truck but it wasn't happening. I saw the light through the back window coming right toward me. I thought for sure I was a goner. So I turned around and braced for impact thinking for sure the car would slam right into me and literally plow right through the truck, killing me instantly. This was all happening in a matter of probably 5-10 seconds.
At the last second the driver saw me and swerved to miss me. He flew right by the passenger window and I could hear and feel the wind as he flew by. That car bounced off a guard rail and came to a stop a few hundred yards down the road. Holy shit! After a minute or so of struggling I got my foot out and the seat belt off and crawled out the back window. I stood in the highway without any shoes (they flew off in the accident) for about 20 minutes until the State Police showed up as people stared in amazement as they slowly drove by. I remember one group of younger guys yelling about how "that guys dead" and blah blah. Nope, I survived. Let me tell you, that was a life experience I will NEVER forget. But I walked away with barely a scratch. Just a bruise on the chest from the seat belt and a small gash in my knee from the snow plow controls. I owe my life to that Bronco.

Needless to say it was totaled. So after the insurance settlement a month or so later, I found a great 93 Bronco with the 5.8L, manual t-case, manual hubs and 52K miles. It was in beautiful condition. Over the next few months I built a high end custom stereo. I like my heavy metal LOUD and clean.
As for the name, a mechanic who worked for my dad (and still does) had names for all the company trucks. He named her Charmer because it charmed all the girls. I say it was all me but...

I moved to Boulder in the fall of 96 to go to school. Charmer stayed behind for that first year. That next summer I went back home to work and that is when the building really began. I put a 6" Superlift kit on with 35" BFG's. Then the next fall I drove it out to Boulder and have been here ever since. I worked at a local 4x4 shop during college and gradually upgraded and worked on the Bronco. Mostly gears and lockers at that point.
Around 2002, after I graduated, I started Broncoair as I wanted some cool looking and functional bumpers. So I put bumpers on and a winch. I also rebuilt the 5.8L as it for some reason blew a hole in the #4 piston. So I rebuilt it with an Edelbrock 70MM throttle body, Edelbrock upper Mustang intake, Edelbrock truck lower intake, Edelbrock Performance heads, mild cam with roller rockers, bored .030" over and Bassani headers, Y-pipe and 3" exhaust. It has great power and has been running great ever since. After a while I got tired of breaking axle shafts/u-joints with 37's, high HP and lockers so I started looking into putting in 1 tons. There were no kits or anything available. So I designed one.
Now I'm running Dana 60 up front with chromoly shafts, 5.38's and an ARB. The back is a 10.25" with ARB. Very happy with the setup. Still working on getting the coilover setup done so that will be going in soon. I recently blew the E4OD going out to Moab a few months ago for the Bronco Safari. So I swapped it out for a well built Level 10 tranny.
She currently has about 170K on the clock and running strong. There is always room for more upgrades but as of now I'm real happy with the way it works. Drives great on the highway at 80MPH and crawls with the best of them. I may go to an Atlas t-case in the future but for now I'm real happy with the stock 1356.
The only thing I'm not very happy about is the condition of the body. 20 years of wheeling in Colorado has really put a beating on it. I really want to clean up the body to make it look new again. But I love wheeling and using my Bronco. So I don't think doing a $10K paint job only to drag it through tight trails and over rocks is a great investment. For now I am fine with it being beat up as it shows where it's been.
Thanks for reading. I will post pictures as I figure out how to do it more efficiently. For now I went through and scanned a few old pics of the accident and Lions Back in Moab. Sorry for the scanned pictures, not exactly the quality of some of the other photography on this thread.
Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170104_0003.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	366.0 KB
ID:	93082   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170104_0002.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	93090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170104_0004.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	93098   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170104_0006.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	93106   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170104_0007.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	93114  

Name:	IMG_20170104_0005.jpg
Views:	672
Size:	293.5 KB
ID:	93122  

post #75 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 09:18 PM
FSM Lifetime

A couple pics of a disastrous Moab trip. Story to come. Actually I just remembered, I posted the story in 2007. Here's the link if anyone cares to read (it's kind of long).

Grenaded a spider gear right out the diff cover. Luckily the C-clips held on and I was able to get towed out.

On a flatbed trailer heading back to Colorado (actually this was before it got on the flatbed, it's a long story). Had to rent a 3500 Dodge crew cab to get the four of us, our gear, and Charmer back home.

After getting towed out of Hells Revenge

And a couple old pics of Charmers snow plowing days.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 058 small.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	411.1 KB
ID:	93130   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 059 small.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	462.2 KB
ID:	93138   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA190047 small.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	93186   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA210086.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	93194  

Last edited by BoulderBronco; 01-07-2017 at 11:53 AM.
post #76 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 09:27 PM
FSM Lifetime

I'm really hurting in the pics department. I lost a bunch of digital pics about 8 years ago and haven't been good about taking pictures since. I have a bunch of hard copy/old school photos but the quality sucks and I'm definitely not scanning them all. For now here are a few good shots. It gives some great views of the Dana 60 SAS

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SpringCreek_08.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	93146   Click image for larger version

Name:	SpringCreek_16.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	93154   Click image for larger version

Name:	SpringCreek_46.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	93162   Click image for larger version

Name:	SpringCreek_47.JPG
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	93170   Click image for larger version

Name:	SpringCreek_52.JPG
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	93178  

post #77 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96' XL 347ci E4od 4:10's 35x12.50x15 M/T MTZ's and some other stuff
5th Gen Bronco in its Natural Environment w/ a Budweiser on the Plow.
Whats NOT to Like there?

Good Job to you Both on getting the Picture thing figured out.

Now on with the Show...

Oh Crap, Another Sunday Driver.
post #78 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 11:34 PM
Fullsize Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderBronco View Post
That's a sweet bumper!
Thanks, I think you may know who built it.

How long ago did you start making them.

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
post #79 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 12:16 AM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Garage
In the middle of the interior restoration, I went over to Driven and picked up some factory buckets, and the seat brackets. I wanted to go with buckets because I wanted a center consul (I also picked one of those up). I would have kept the bench with split back but also wanted a Sub Woofer and wasnít willing to give up cargo space. I did keep the bench in case I ever change my mind and want to put it in.

post #80 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 78 Custom, 84 Custom, 69 Half Cab, 74 Ranger - stock, 76 Trail Rig
Garage
I just might vote this month based on a single photo!

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode