January 2017 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: Choose your favorite Fullsize Bronco for January 2017!!!
Quader1 30 46.15%
BoulderBronco 7 10.77%
silent one 22 33.85%
Infinite Grade 3 4.62%
Mountain dewd 3 4.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

1352Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
January 2017 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!!

OK FSB'ers, here are your contestants for...

January 2017 FULLSIZE OF THE MONTH!

1) Quader1

2) BoulderBronco

3) silent one

4) Infinite Grade

5) Mountain dewd

Show us what you've got and make us proud!!!

Let the games... begin!!!

Last edited by allcruisen; 01-26-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 09:02 AM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Bronco Info: 78 W/400
Garage
From the beginning

Hello all, the personal here is Fred

I want to first thank 445 for the nomination, it is truly is an honor.

Here is my story.

In 2012 or so I decided I wanted a new toy. My first thought was to get a Jeep (donít hold that against me it didnít last long). The main thing holding me back was I already had too many vehicles especially for living in the city. One of which was a 78 F150. This was my first truck that I had owned since I was a kid that my Dad had given to me. He was no longer with us so the truck has sentimental value, and was hard to let go (and I still have it). So what can I do other than find a 78 / 79 BKO and make a good one out of two.

Going back further in time in 1994 I was in the middle of restoring this F150 for about a year. Being a kid I started getting burned out on working on it, so I set it aside and bought a new truck. The F150 had been sitting on the side of my house for this long.

During that year though I did manage to put a new rebuilt motor, transmission, Partial interior and other things.
Skip ahead to 2013 I found what I thought was a no rust straight non running 78 BKO on craigslist for 3K. I went and looked at it and haggled it down to 2K and had it towed to my house.

Over this month I will take you through the Journey from the Beginning to end.

Here it is the day I brought it home:

3 days after bringing it home, I had the motor out of the F150, in the BKO and running even from sitting for over 20 years and pretty much worked on it every day for a year and 4 months. Here is a before and after:

I have tons of build pics, and some pics and videos of wheeling I will be posting so stay tuned.
post #3 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 10:54 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Damn this is still gonna be hard even though I am corrupted LOL. Getter rollin Boys let the carnage begein!
huck2080 and 79BroncoSpringTx like this.

post #4 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 11:34 AM

Bronco Info: 96 M5OD 5.0 XL all stock 221xxx manual everything
Howdy folks,

I want to start by thanking @James.g.regan for the nomination. I am honored that you think my ol stocker has what it takes to roll with the other BEAUTIFUL rigs I get the pleasure of competing with.

I have had my bronco since new, purchased from Rich Ford in Albuquerque, New Mexico brand new off the lot. It has been a faithful vehicle for now, 21 years. Never left me stranded and never got stuck. With her 5.0 and 5 speed, she isn't fast but she gets me there every time and isn't too bad on gas. It surprises people when I tell them that it's not unusual for my big brick to get 17-18 mpg. It has towed my boat a few times, hauled hay bales, engines and other bronco parts. It has been a great hunting rig, for when I come in with muddy waders and drive, I can pretty much rinse out the Vinyl floor with no issues.

This bronco has been hauling my butt around for over 222,000 miles and never let me down. A testament to how DAMNED SOLID these trucks are made. Tough as a coffin nail.

This is how she looked for a long time. Stock everything. Just like how she rolled off the lot.

This is after romping around the mountains for a few hours. The little stock tires were fun for sliding around the gravel roads.

Finally, the 235 size tires had enough. They started losing air. I drove them a little while after they started leaking but it was time for some new shoes. Ended up with a set of 31" BFG KO2s.

Looking less like a mom truck and more like a respectable bronco with some cajones.

Recently a radius arm bushing blew, couldn't have possibly been when I hit a small "jump" a little on the quick side. Temporary conveyor belt repair has been getting me through.

Ordered some new radius arm bushings from Summit, and somehow a leveling kit made it into my order. OOPS.

More to come fellers!

Do NOT tread on me.
'73 f250 401FE in the works np435/205~~~~~ 96FSB, 302, 5spd, manual BW1356/hubs
post #5 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 12:24 PM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Garage
Engine Swap

So right away after getting the Bronco home, I pulled the F150 out from the side of the house and put it in the driveway to swap out motors. Although I did get the BKO running first with the original motor (just to see if I could, and if it was a good rebuild candidate for the future). It seemed to run good with no smoke. But more on that later.

Here we are with the F150 and the BKO in the driveway waiting for the swap:

Hoods off and ready to go:

My Retired neighbor who was bored and pretty much helped me through the whole restoration ( A very big help) here we are pulling the motor:

Both motors out:

You have to remember 20 plus years ago Chrome was cool, but I changed them before install.

Dressed up and ready for install:

Cleaning a dressing up the engine bay of the BKO:

Engine going in:

Engine in:

While it was out I had the radiator re done :

We will finish this later, next we will have some fun with some testing out the 4 X 4 and making sure everything is running and driving right.
post #6 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 12:27 PM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 445 FE Bronco View Post
Damn this is still gonna be hard even though I am corrupted LOL. Getter rollin Boys let the carnage begein!
Here you go @445 FE Bronco , see if this will help at all with your decision lol

The Bigger your computer screen the better.

Last edited by Quader1; 01-07-2017 at 01:18 PM. Reason: add content 2 fix video
post #7 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 02:22 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quader1 View Post
Here you go @445 FE Bronco , see if this will help at all with your decision lol

The Bigger your computer screen the better.

HT-i31rnAvY
It's even better on three screen.
post #8 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Resurection Ranch

Bronco Info: Blue Eyes,Black Stallion, Shadow & Filly
Good to see this competition come together while I was out of town. Get to posting those pics ladies!

Happy New Year!

Rick
My Projects- "Left for Dead"
Filly

tidewaterbroncos@gmail.com (also on facebook)
post #9 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 sport,6''SAS 37's streetlocks 4.56's ARB,BroncoAir rear bumper HeftyFabworks front bumper
OK, first off Happy New Year.

So, i have a 1995 XLT Sport with a 5.8l e4od and about 168K on at the moment. I've owned it for the last 16 years and has been my DD most on that time(bought a winter beater) and has been very good to me so far.
Currently it has a Dana 44 solid axle swap with cage arms and 4" deaver springs
4.56 gear and ARB lockers front and rear with a trussed 8.8
Hefty fabworks front bumper
BroncoAir rear bumper
Mcneil racing raptor grille
I have some stiff competition, so ill have to give you everything i have.

Well since i can't get stupidmotors to work at the moment, I'll have to skip those early pictures.

So going post some old poser pictures to start off while i figure out a plan

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
Silent One's Supermotors Page
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
post #10 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 07:41 PM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Garage
First Shakedown run

So the first trip with the BKO done (we know itís really never done) I took it for a shakedown run just to make sure everything worked liked it was supposed to or better.
I didnít take it to far off the beaten path but was just about 25 miles of freeway driving, and the trail I took was right off of the Freeway. Itís called Table Mesa Road and is just North of Phoenix.

Here is a little river we had to cross:

Get out of the way cow

And I will do more on my first shake down later and with the results on what had to get fixed later.

Thanks for looking !!!!

post #11 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 09:08 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1995 sport,6''SAS 37's streetlocks 4.56's ARB,BroncoAir rear bumper HeftyFabworks front bumper
First time i every took my Bronco on real trails and being that my bronco was pretty clean, i was nervous to take it out on the trails, stayed mostly on the easy stuff but it got the dirtiest it had ever been and a few scratches but did very well.

[URL=http://s667.photobucket.com/user/silentonefsb/media/DSC00040.jpg.html][/URL]

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
post #12 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Fullsize Member

One of the first things i ever made for my bronco was a mount for my high lift jack that i never use. I wanted it still easy enough to get to and still out of the way, so i made some brackets that mount to my rear seat and it works out very well, still folds up and stays in placed no problem.

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
post #13 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 11:03 AM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Garage
Finishing the Engine

So on the 3rd day the engine was in and running. It ran O.K. but I found that the intake manifold was leaking, also Iím sure the carb needed rebuilding (remember is sat for more than 20 years).
I wish I had done the intake gasket while on the stand would have been much easier.
So the work begins:

Pulled it all apart:

And then got it back together the next day (carb parts needed to soak)
The thing ran perfect, idled perfect and drove perfect and I couldnít be any happier.

Even though the engine ran and drove perfect, I had already decided to go with an MSD EFI set up with an Edelbrock sump.

I have a contact through by business that I can email him a detailed cad drawing and he will make whatever I want out of stainless steel. So I sent him a mount drawing for the sump to mount on the side of the radiator:

Mounting it:

and all hooked up:

xUuZvsZiLHY

It is set up for the factory fuel pump to fill the sump. The sump has an electric pump to the EFI with the hi pressure, and the EFI controls the electric pump (shuts it down when reaches pre set psi)
All I can say is wow. No more cold start problems, much better throttle control, and it also controls the timing as well.

Next I go for the interior, and this is what I started with:

quK9DMSI888

Thank you for looking
post #14 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 11:20 AM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Garage
Another Shake down run

My Next Shake down run was behind Lake Pleasant, about 30 minutes from my house, Here are some pics and some poser shots:

And of course I have to get my ugly mug in there, I was pretty happy though after all the time spent working on it without driving.

post #15 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1988 Ford Bronco
Garage
Looking good so far guys. Happy New Year!
Quader1 likes this.
post #16 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Fullsize Member

Some more early random pictures parked in a puddle.

96bronco, B-man and 445 FE Bronco like this.

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
post #17 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 05:19 PM
Fullsize Member

96bronco, B-man, TJSmoot and 2 others like this.

KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
post #18 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 05:47 PM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Garage
So I was planning on a trip to Moab so it was time to test the BKO out on a little more wheeling, and a little more harder terrain. Itwasfree!!! Organized a run in the beautiful Sedona but was a couple of hours of driving, so we all spent the night, then hit the trails in the morning.

So we headed up north:

Here we are getting ready to air down:

Thanks for looking
post #19 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:27 PM

Bronco Info: Rosita my 95 XLT Sport, 5.8, 33x12.5x15, 6 inch lift, factory limited slip, manual hubs
Garage
Quader1 Are we going to get to see some top less photos? All you guys have some really nice builds, can't wait to see the adventures and custom work you guys will show off during the month.
itwasFREE!!!! likes this.
post #20 of 367 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:35 PM
JAN. '17 F.O.T.M.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CainsBigRed View Post
Quader1 Are we going to get to see some top less photos?
Here you go @CainsBigRed

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode