March 2017 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!! - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: March FOTM Vote Here!
biggum 4 7.84%
Njbronco74 4 7.84%
remco 35 68.63%
RicoBronco 7 13.73%
5billiondead 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

451Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 173 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

Bronco Info: '95 302 XLT
March 2017 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!!

OK FSB'ers, here are your contestants for...

March 2017 FULLSIZE OF THE MONTH!

1) biggum

2) Njbronco74

3) remco

4) RicoBronco

5) 5billiondead

Let the games... begin!!!
itwasFREE!!!! likes this.

Vote for FOTM !!!

VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"

Last edited by allcruisen; 03-01-2017 at 11:10 PM. Reason: fixed a dead supermotors link for rico's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 07:05 PM

Bronco Info: 1974 bronco sport and 1996 bronco xlt
Garage
Hey guys. I'll do a more formal post in a bit for starters this was the bronco the day I got it back in October of 2015

And now she looks like this

I'll get a little more detailed in an hour or so...
post #3 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: FSB 1991 XLT.......351W
Hi, my name is Martin. Im from Slovak republic in Europe. Yes little atypical place for using US car like Bronco but for me it was a big dream from my 14 years to have FSB. One day (4.4.2009) it was that D-day, when we bought own Bronco. We found our on germany Ebay. We bought it with my girlfriend (now my wife:) and really LOVE it!!!

This is how it looks like when we brought it from Germany:

This was the first thing which I order from USA. Bronco Key chain. I bought it 1 month before Bronco :)

And then long 8 years of customizing. We using our Bronco more like travel machine than offroader. So now it looks like this:

BUT slowly... I show you all secrets from our garage and how we did it :)

PS: sorry for my maybe difficult english :)

One of the few bronco owner in Europe

https://s6.postimg.org/6ovncsvhd/zzzx.jpg

post #4 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 08:36 PM

Garage
Alrighty, so my names Chris. To keep the back story short, I bought a 96 eddie bauer 351 back in 99 and had it for about a year. Always loved it, but got tired of the gas mileage and always replacing ball joints. Guess 37" tires and the 6" suspension lift with a 3" body lift do that. lol

So after my 05 f150 5.4 blowing its timing chains for a third time in ten years, I decided to retry a better built bronco. And the wife agreed since she loved driving the other bronco around in the mud. So Oct 2015 we picked up a 96 XLT with a 302. It was $1500 with a cracked windshield, no brakes, blown head gasket, and tons of rust. So before november rolled around I patched the brake lines dealt with burning blumes of coolant.

Beginig of april I started to attack rust and decided to just go nuts and strip the whole thing down. Sandblasted the frame, painted it, rebuilt the motor and started to reassamble it, by october 2016 I was replacming quarters. Day before Thanksgiving I got it painted. Then winter killed me for the interior and finishing touches, so as this monthly contest goes on I will be adding pictures of what I'm up. I can't wait for the bumpers to finally get installed. weather finally changed to allow me to start painting again. so progress will start to made, rig should look pretty different then the entry photo lol

I work in a gravel driveway with a 10x10 shed and very unstable 10x17 tent so I'm limited to weather and daylight
heres some pics of the early tear down and rebuild stages

The next part starting getting risking with the 2x4s and for three months every time the wind picked up I was paranoid about it taking out the tent and body.

and then she became a beaut...

So now you see my work space No neighbors close so I can at least have the tunes blasting. But a lift would be sweet. and a concrete floor. I'll post up some more tomorrow. Good night all.

1996 Bronco xlt
1974 bronco sport
post #5 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 06:13 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 86 XLT 351 HO, Holley 650, 3" Exhaust, 6L Up, 265/75R16 Dirt Commanders, & 85 302 EFI, AOD, 6L Up
Garage
Howdy all - nice looking rigs above . I've been a Jeep CJ fan most of my life but with a wife, two growing kids, dogs, and gear the old CJ just wasn't cutting it. I've always been a Ford fan and the Bronco is just a great rig. I'm in Maine so finding anything here that's more than five years old and not rusted out is pretty tough. So I took a chance last Fall I took a chance on an 86 XLT from California on eBay; got it and love it and my wife promptly adopted it. So I decided I wanted my own and again took a chance on eBay with another California FSB. Here it is the day it arrived last Sunday.

My wife and daughters have since taken this one and I've taken back the original 86 from the Fall.

They've named it Oasis and it's an 85 Custom with a EFI 5.0, one owner from northern CA. Cherokee Motors in GA bought it at a charity auction (I assume the previous owner may have passed or donated in there old age????), put a fresh coat of Ford Desert Tan on it and posted it on EBay for sale. I inquired the first day it was up and sent a deposit - there was a wave of interested buyers after me so I guess I was the early bird.

The rig is really in fantastic condition and it's as brand new to me as it is to all of you. I've done some minor maintenance items which I'll post up soon but for now here are some shots.

Cheers and good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #6 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 09:06 AM
Fullsize Member

Wau man thats clean rig! That doorpanels are very nice, it is oem?

post #7 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 09:13 AM

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 306ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Yes, remco, those are factory panels. Kind of baffles me that it has power windows and map pockets but no dash vents. Definitely clean for an 85. That intake box for the earliest efi took me off guard, before I realized it was an 85 302.

Btw, your English is perfectly readable, more so than some people I see and hear, here in America lol.

Looking good for the first morning guys, looking forward to the month
PJCHANNING likes this.

94 Bronco XLT. Beefy 351, 6" , 37's, 4.88: burnt
85 Bronco custom, 4" 37's, locked 4.56, 300 i6 4 bbl, np435/208
96 f350 XL, rclb, 351, c6, BW4407 xfer
78 f150 Ranger, 351m, t18, np205, rusty
90 f150, 95 f250, 96 f350 psd: stolen, sold, and burnt, respectively.
post #8 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 09:49 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1992 Eddie Bauer 351, all stock.
wow, thats one clean rig. you gonna use it during the winter?
post #9 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 02:49 PM

Garage
Finally placed the order for a move front bumper. took long enough. Don't think it will be here in time for the FOTM contest though. Not sure I can get any pics posted today with work and a dart match tonight. So tomorrow for me. Damn work getting in the way.
post #10 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 03:40 PM
Fullsize Member

Young and free. This was few days after purchase. First testing and BIG smile:)

Ok, then we need to get some garage for our new monster. It wasnt very easy to get some big enough, but finally we found it. Far away from our flat but it was great.

Then came first work on it. I knew, that our Bronco will be with us looong time, so take it from the ground! All rust from interior I brushed away and painted it with antirust colour.

Then put on it some dumping material like Dynamat etc...

And then I want to make some noise in it.... So want to put in some decent SQ audio.

post #11 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 86 XLT 351 HO, Holley 650, 3" Exhaust, 6L Up, 265/75R16 Dirt Commanders, & 85 302 EFI, AOD, 6L Up
Garage
Oasis arrived on a Sunday and we were headed to Boston on Tuesday so I had Monday to test and fix any issues. Taking it out on the road it had a mild vibration around 30 mph growing to a significant vibration st highway speeds - uh oh I thought. Crawled underneath and check tranny mount - fine. Checked rear driveshaft - ujoints were toast so out came the DS and I spent the next 2 hours replacing ujoonts. I've never done a CV shaft before but did a little searching on the site and it seemed pretty straight forward and went well. I didn't know the ball had roller bearings in it and of course half of them fell out during disassembly. Luckily I found them all and managed to get them back in there. Okay - first mod picture - everyone ready?
Ta-dah! Awesome huh - you'll have to bear with me; trying to make the most of the little I have to work with

No more vibration!

post #12 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 05:59 PM

Garage
So this is what I meant by scary. Took a lot of effort to get the 2x4 stands set up on the tub. jacking up one side at time and trying to keep it from sliding. In the end it all worked out..

I can't seem to find any pictures of this broncos 302 rebuild. Tons of the other one. I did get a set of machine shop heads for it, the plugs in the back (picture below) were an absolute nightmare to get out them for the crossover tube..

Upgraded to mile marker hubs instead of the auto hubs. New seals, bearings, all bushings, ball joints, pretty much everything.

Thats all I got for pics today. My goal since the whole project was pretty much just me, was to get the frame and suspension done first. Then put the tub back on to do the rest of the work in the tent. Would have loved to have had a rottiesory (sp?) but it wasn't needed. The only thing not rebuilt yet are the diffs and trans. The diffs I planned on regearing from the get go and the trans can blow when it blows. Then its time to drop a 5spd in it. I finally have a beater truck so the bronco is no longer my primary driver. So after this weekend I can start posting some live work being done.

Next time I'll post some of the rust removal. And it was a lot.
BikerPepe`, 96bronco and B-man like this.

1996 Bronco xlt
1974 bronco sport
post #13 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Fullsize Member

Garage
March 2017 F.O.T.M., VOTE HERE!!!

Okay, onto upgrade number two - everyone hold on to your hats, yes, headlights! Also a pre-trip maintenance upgrade.

Picked up a set of Sylvania XTRAVISION lights to try out.

I'd say they were ready to be replaced!

And my first beer and stogie with the new rig. A JR Maduro and a local Baxter Brewing Porter - yum

post #14 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 10:26 AM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Wow some really nice work going on.
itwasFREE!!!! likes this.
post #15 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 12:27 PM

Garage
oh boy move bumpers sent me an email saying if I video the install, I get $100 back. Makes the bumper only $370. That's pretty sweet said its shipping today so maybe I will get it in time for this FOTM run. Next week I'm tackling my protofab rear bumper. I may have to change my picture for my nomination. Hoping to get that cab visor painted next week as well.

Never made a how-to vid before sounds kind of fun.

1996 Bronco xlt
1974 bronco sport
post #16 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
So during the first trip it became apparent that the radiator leaked on both sides where the metal attaches to the plastic. So I picked up a replacement and two new gates hoses a started the swap.

Oh and here is the business end of my garage / man cave. I've stated collecting axes recently - the one on the wall is s local peavy handle with either an old Rockaway or Jersey/Kentucky head and the other is a Council tool Hudson Bay. My grandfathers wood stove keeps the joint warm and cozy.

post #17 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 04:16 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Really a sweetheart of a felling axe

and small forest axe

Both considered accessories to the Bronco

post #18 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Fullsize Member

Ok here is some progress in interior. I want made some decent Audio so SQ 2-way speakers and Amp. in the back side was the way to go...

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning....

Then lot of wires...

And finally pair of retro tweeter holder :)

post #19 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Fullsize Member

Garage
Out with the old!

post #20 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 05:36 PM
Fullsize Member

This was the first time that my girlfriend testing our new beast :)

BikerPepe` and itwasFREE!!!! like this.

Closed Thread

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode