Suggestion Box For FOTM - Page 3 - Ford Bronco Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

Bronco Info: '95 302 XLT
I have to agree with Dustin. Why make things so complicated? I think its fine the way it is now. I have Posted All the Members that are not eligible for this This Months Nominees

Allcruisen

Vote for FOTY !!!

VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 03:33 AM
F.O.T.Y. 2003

Bronco Info: '89 XLT SAS ~'78 Ranger, '90 Eddie
Garage
post #43 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 03:17 PM
hates EVERYTHING!

Bronco Info: Jesus loves you!!! I think you're a cocksucker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Rohmer
why not... with so many vehicles to pick from....
have it so that you can only be nominated ONCE every three months!!!
and once you win FOTM, that's it your OUT FOR GOOD!!!
What about members with multiple rides?
I've won FOTM, and was a close second for FOTY, does this mean that the rig I'm currently building can't do the same??

post #44 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 01:07 AM
Prettier Than You

Another thought ....

when there is a tie, instead of just continuing with the votes for a few days, would it work better to start a new poll with just the two tied nominees for a few days or so?! not sure, but that seems to be the way that most tied events work well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Quinn
Nowadays the common wisdom is to celebrate diversity as long as you don't point out that people are different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangmata50l
You dirty whore!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone It Applies To
Drama makes the world go around.
Does anybody got the problem with that?
My business, is my bussiness, who's guilty?
Can I get a witness?
post #45 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 01:18 AM

Bronco Info: 5.0HO, AOD, 1345, cut fenders, body lift, 37" MT/R's, 5.13's with a 14bolt in back and a full spool

that's a good idea, so more people can vote to decide the tie
post #46 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 02:50 AM

Bronco Info: 89 FSB Blood Red paint, 351M, 3/tree auto,2" body lift + 2" susp. lift, with airbags in frontcoils. 33x12.5's with rims, chrome bull bar with KC 100w.daylighters, true dual 3" exhaust with Flowmasters (no cats), tint, etc/etc
No offense meant... I was just tossing out ideas. The current way is okay but in the future... when we got like a million people on board, will things always remain the same? I hope not, all things that live must grow. Just like our Broncos :))))

Something wicked this way comes....
[img]picture toooooooo big for sig.. [/img]
Superford Link to My Pictures
post #47 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 05:04 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco XLT 302/AOD ELocker Rear/ custom 8.8. 1986 Bronco XLT. 1981 Bronco Custom
What about have voting on the 10 nominees the first 3 weeks and take the people from the top 3 and let every one vote on those 3 (or 4 if its close) during the last week? The first 3 weeks would be kind of like a primary.

Then again I could save my vote until last in case of a tie and the person who sends me a sixer gets my vote. Or if its a one vote difference I could tie it up . . . this could be fun . . .

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
post #48 of 253 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 06:43 AM
Hmmm....

Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 3" BL, 33's, Exhaust, Grille Guard, and a couple of lights
i think that if the FOTM voting thread was also in the Gen Chit Chat..... area that it would recieve more votes due to more people participating in that area of the website. I think it would be worth a try for a month or 2, if it doesnt work, then dont do it again

post #49 of 253 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Blown

How can one compete against moderators who are on all the time? This seems a popularity contest more than based upon the rig. I personally believe mods have an unfair advantage. Is this contest for members or management?
Perhaps you could do mod of the quarter? That would honor the mod who's helped the most.

One win period! That is enough of an honor, there a many, many, members, give someone else a chance.

getting my ass kicked again!
post #50 of 253 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Govt. paid Admin.

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2 or 33x12.5 GYW Duratrac
Garage
Thanks for the great idea's everyone... we do read and discuss them.
Please realize that many of your suggestions are great, but even though we help MOD the site and run this contest... we don't get paid to work here and we all have lives to live. Unfortunatly ideas that require more time than we have available will more than likely (unless they totally RULE) not be initiated, until one of us retires and has nothing more to do than serve the FSB membership. Sorry... but we have to work within the bounds of our realities.

PM comin' your way BLOWN...

post #51 of 253 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 12:56 AM
Bitchin.

Bronco Info: 84 bronco 351W, C6, 79 D44, 9", Twinstick 205
Is there any way you can cast a mass notification or post the dates for Nominations and voting? the beginning of the month creeps up on a lot of people and i think i speak for them when i say i want a chance to nominate. if not, thats cool too, but you're getting a big fat bird for it lol
post #52 of 253 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 01:10 AM
Zombie Hunter

Bronco Info: 1993 Eddie Bauer, 351, 5.8 liter V8, somebody come help me put all this junk i just bought on!!
Well here is my 2 cents.

I think we should strip Pepe of his moderator title, tar and feather him and drop him off at the "Blue Oyster Bar" from the Police Academy Movies.

No, honestly, here is what i think. I don't think that the moderators get nominated because they are moderators, i think they get nominated cause they have nice rides, and have put alot of time and cash into them.

In my opinion, we should have a "Tech Helper of the Month" contest too. Steve83, Blaze, Marauder, Nomad, well pretty much everyone has given me solid, good advice. This way the person that is getting nominated for FOTM, isn't nominated for their broad knowledge of Bronco's.

I like the idea of being able to be nominated again in the same year. We should also have a quarterly contest for "Most Improved Bronco". But here is what you run into, alot of different lifestyles here. Some people have the money to dump into their bronc, alot don't. There should be something for the little guy. The big guys with the nice rigs deserve credit, but we should acknowledge the little guy.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents

post #53 of 253 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Are those REAL?!?!

Bronco Info: 1993, 5.8, E4OD, BW 1356 (manual), 6" off-road lights, Kenwood stereo, more to come...
Hmmm... In light of what Bronco Rob has said, he might be on to something... A recognition section in the general area or something might be in order...

I still think there is room for a two class FOTM, Mild and Wild... but I think this was discussed previously...

"You can have my guns when you pry them from my cold, dead hands" - Charlton Heston

Support Our Troops
post #54 of 253 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 12:07 PM
No avatar required

Bronco Info: Mods don't have Broncos silly
Keep the pics current. Last month people were posting pics from 2003. One or two for a comparison of how the truck has changed, be it lift, sas, paint, etc... and try to keep it limited to pics of the truck wheeling, getting lifted,engine install,showing and shining. Dog, farm, mountain, workplace, etc...pics are cool, but after all it is Fullsize of the Month.

Is there to make it so only nominees can post in the thread? Do we really need to know who voted for who? It should be pics and rig info. Going through 12 pages of BS for 4 pages of pics gets old.

Blown there is no way to you are going to stop the popularity contest of it, it's just the nature of the beast. It's more of person of the month and the truck many times is secondary. IMO the contest is a good way to profile members rigs, but it breeds drama and contempt, but it's my opinion.
post #55 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 02:37 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco 351..all stock ....for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomh971
Hmmm... In light of what Bronco Rob has said, he might be on to something... A recognition section in the general area or something might be in order...

I still think there is room for a two class FOTM, Mild and Wild... but I think this was discussed previously...
I agree with bronco rob,alot of guys do not have the cash flow to go to the extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by broodu View Post
dirty pics ive got
post #56 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Broncoless, but I got a 1987 F250 to make up for it
I've read through the rules a couple times and would like to suggest an addition to the FOTM rules sticky. The sticky says the winner must meet the commitment to Bronco Driver magazine, but it doesn't say what that commitment is. I dug around enough to find it, but it would be nice if that info was just added to the sticky.

Thanks for the chance to compete, this is the first time in my life I've ever had anything worth competing with
post #57 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm no expert!

Bronco Info: 1982 Toyota with the roof cut off. 351W, D60 welded, 14bolt, 5.13s, on 39.5 TSLs with beadlocks.
I just emailed Bronco Driver magazine and he told me what he needed. Which pretty much is a story of your rig. Beginning to what it is now and some pics. The higher the quality the better. I'm hoping to be in the next issue. I gave them my address. Not sure If I'll be getting the subscription or not. I hope they send it.

1982 Toy Chasis & Cab. 351W, C6, NP203/205, D60 welded, 14 bolt Detroit & 5.13s, running on 15" wheels and 40s.
post #58 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 05:32 PM

Bronco Info: 1978 Bronco 351m, full cage SOLD!!!!!! now 73 CJ 5
I sent all my information in and got my subscription and my article in a mag.

post #59 of 253 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 06:52 PM
My Ass Is A...

Bronco Info: 78 FSB...Full-size rig for my Full-size Butt
When are we gonna get started???

Our Troops can kick your troops' ass
post #60 of 253 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 01:11 PM
My Ass Is A...

Bronco Info: 78 FSB...Full-size rig for my Full-size Butt
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBearMoose
When are we gonna get started???
{Tapping Microphone}...Hello...testing...1...2...3...Is this thing working?

Our Troops can kick your troops' ass

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode