search, you #$%@! noob

Bronco Info: broncoless!
what was the topic again??

Dave

- Karma is a boomerang -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 253 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 02:18 AM

Bronco Info: '89 EB, 351W, K&N FIPK w/ DryCharger, 32x11.50 MT/R's on Eagle Alloy 15x8, 2" Lift, Helix TB Spacer
I love FOTM but I would like to know more about the winner's truck. I suggest instead of lit put suspension so they can list all of the suspension and sas info. Also I would like to see wheels/tires on the bill. Just my 2 cents. Great site guys!

'89 EB, 351W, K&N FIPK, TB Spacer, Euro Tails, Blue Corner Lights, Xenon Headlights, 2" Lift, 32x11.50 MT/R's, 3 12" Subs, 2000w Amp, Pioneer Speakers, Optima Red Top.
'03 VW GTI 1.8T, many upgrades...
post #63 of 253 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Crusher Mike

Bronco Info: 1991 Eddie Bauer 5.8. Flowmaster exuast, SAS 35 mickeys 7" lift, 4.88s locked, Viar OBA
Unnecissary comments.

Just Reading through a few of the past FOTM and through this recent month. It may only be me but I feel it needs to be addressed. There are some unnecissary comments that are being made by people voting. Such as " I didnt vote for the other people because there rigs werent wheeled enough" or " I voted for so and so because there rig wasnt TTB" I wasnt aware that you had to have a solid axel or beat the piss outa your truck to win. I think that the " negative" comments need to stop. Its on thing to say Hey I voted for you cause its a bad ass rig, or after looking at all the rigs I liked your the most, or not even say who you voted for. I dunno I dont want bitch because when too many people bitch it gets stuff taken away. I think that FOTM is great it gives people a chance to show off there stuff and what capabilities it has. So now that Ive adressed it Is it only me or does anyone else agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYXD40 View Post
okay so scrap the 1 ton and throw in a D60?

post #64 of 253 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 04:15 PM

Bronco Info: '89 Bronco XLT 5.8L
i agree. The nice clean rigs dont have a chance IMO. The contest isnt whoever did the most work or who has wheeled the most or the person who owns the rig, its Fullsize truck of the month. But, i think the majority of people voting all share the common belief that the truck that gets wheeled hardest and has the most work done to it should get FOTM. I dont agree with it, i actually go for the cleaner rigs like yours 1clean5.8, but thats just me and i know other people prefer other things, i guess thats why we vote.
post #65 of 253 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Crusher Mike

Bronco Info: 1991 Eddie Bauer 5.8. Flowmaster exuast, SAS 35 mickeys 7" lift, 4.88s locked, Viar OBA
Its not really that I care to much about who wins or looses. Weather its a clean truck or a beat to shit truck I vote for beat to shit trucks alot just cause I like what they can do and what has been done with them. I also appreciate when a vehicle is clean. Like I said before I may be the only one but I dont think its necissary to post negative comments on why you didnt vote for other people. If you want to tell someone why you voted for them It should really be only directed at them not to the other contestants. Like I stated earlier "I voted for you cause I liked your truck the most." not the "well I voted for you cause you are a solid axel and TTB sucks" or "I voted for you because noone else wheeled enough" so thats my rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYXD40 View Post
okay so scrap the 1 ton and throw in a D60?
post #66 of 253 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 02:15 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco XLT 302/AOD ELocker Rear/ custom 8.8. 1986 Bronco XLT. 1981 Bronco Custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clean5.8 View Post
Just Reading through a few of the past FOTM and through this recent month. It may only be me but I feel it needs to be addressed. There are some unnecissary comments that are being made by people voting. Such as " I didnt vote for the other people because there rigs werent wheeled enough" or " I voted for so and so because there rig wasnt TTB" I wasnt aware that you had to have a solid axel or beat the piss outa your truck to win. I think that the " negative" comments need to stop. Its on thing to say Hey I voted for you cause its a bad ass rig, or after looking at all the rigs I liked your the most, or not even say who you voted for. I dunno I dont want bitch because when too many people bitch it gets stuff taken away. I think that FOTM is great it gives people a chance to show off there stuff and what capabilities it has. So now that Ive adressed it Is it only me or does anyone else agree?
I agree.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
post #67 of 253 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 03:09 AM

Bronco Info: Stockish 93 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356; 79, 400/T-18/NP205, D44/9"
As long as the "I didn't vote for you . . ." post isn't assholeish, I think it's ok. "TTB sucks" is not a good example of constructive critism.

I'm guilty of saying why I didn't vote for someone. In the last race, I said that I didn't vote for Sgt. Tex because of his camo job. I didn't say "camo sucks", I just stated that it wasn't my thing. He actually agreed and said that he was tired of it himself.

I dunno . . . I think it's ok to say why you didn't vote for someone as long as you try to put it in a constructive way, but I can see how it usually isn't stated/taken in that manner.

BTW, I didn't vote for you Clean because everyone knows red is mo' better than blue

(JK )
post #68 of 253 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

Bronco Info: '95 302 XLT
Cool

Pepe`, Marauder and Myself try too keep a close eye on this and not let it get offensive....Believe me when it does, I get tons of PM's...

I agree and its all in the "RULES", Anything from mild to wild is eligible....

You are always gonna have some one say something that some one else doesnt like....Thats just life....

I understand where you are coming from on this clean and I wish it did nt get to where we have to censure everything that is being said.

Allcruisen

Vote for FOTY !!!

VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"
post #69 of 253 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 08:41 AM
is FSB'd out

Bronco Info: Cannondale Trigger 29er
Quote:
Originally Posted by allcruisen View Post
Pepe`, Marauder and Myself try too keep a close eye on this and not let it get offensive....Believe me when it does, I get tons of PM's...

I agree and its all in the "RULES", Anything from mild to wild is eligible....

You are always gonna have some one say something that some one else doesnt like....Thats just life....

I understand where you are coming from on this clean and I wish it did nt get to where we have to censure everything that is being said.

Allcruisen
I hope it doesn't come to censorship on comments. As long as it's not being a dickhead, everyone is completely within bounds to say why or why they didn't vote for someone. If a nominee is offended, that's their problem, not the person who posted their opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
And just so you know Johnski is like Chuck Norris, he'd just roundhouse kick your bumper and your vehicle would explode.
CarolinaBroncos
post #70 of 253 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 07:32 PM

Bronco Info: None :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
As long as the "I didn't vote for you . . ." post isn't assholeish, I think it's ok. "TTB sucks" is not a good example of constructive critism.

I'm guilty of saying why I didn't vote for someone. In the last race, I said that I didn't vote for Sgt. Tex because of his camo job. I didn't say "camo sucks", I just stated that it wasn't my thing. He actually agreed and said that he was tired of it himself.

I dunno . . . I think it's ok to say why you didn't vote for someone as long as you try to put it in a constructive way, but I can see how it usually isn't stated/taken in that manner.

BTW, I didn't vote for you Clean because everyone knows red is mo' better than blue

(JK )

he is right, i didnt care one bit about the comment, and I am getting tired of camo, way to many people around here have camo since ive done my truck up...its like i started a trend, when i wanted to be different...oh well new scheme coming soon eventually.

and i agree, negative comments like such and such sucks shouldnt be posted, but as hopper said, he didnt vote for me cause he doesnt care for the camo, no biggie.

I personally dont like the people that say that a ttbed rig shouldnt even be in the race, or they wont vote cause not one SAS, etc type thing. Sorry truck came with a TTB, not everyone has the time, money, experience, or tools to pull off a job like that. Wheel what ya got. Hell some people dont even wheel it, it is there daily driver/tow rig. more power to them, not everyone uses it for the same purpose....so yeah i think those kinda comments shouldnt be posted.

I am lost in lala land for the time being.
post #71 of 253 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: take a look at Dave's Bronc90s, I am his wife (as of 11/26/05)
I think comments that say why someone voted for one but not for another are perfectly ok as long as they aren't just mean like you suck or your truck sucks. Sometimes letting people know why you voted one way or another could help make decisions on changes you might want to make or to know why someone else is doing better. We all vote for different trucks for different reasons and to not allow people to say why they did nor didn't vote for someone is censorship at it's worst. Life is not always cherries and roses, so it is sometimes good to hear the good and the bad about things. Constructive criticism should be allowed and be perfectly fine. That is my 2 cents worth.

2007 RITS pictures up on my website http://blaneyphotography.smugmug.com/
post #72 of 253 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter

Bronco Info: '95 302 XLT
I agree with the comments, as long as they are with respect....We would only sensor those that are offensive to one or another..

Allcruisen

Vote for FOTY !!!

VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE

"DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR"
post #73 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 07:36 PM
official E-thug

I've noticed, along with everyone else, that all the FOTM winners and even nominees are all hardcore offroaders. There is nothing ewrong with that, I just would like to see like a "Classic FOTM" or something for people with restored or restomod bronco's. Ones that are clean and straight and not for complete offroad use. Just my opinion
post #74 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 08:34 PM

Gacknar won and his is a street queen. Very tastefully restored.
post #75 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 09:27 PM

Bronco Info: Black 95 bronco, 351w, warn m12000 winch, broncoair bumper, 33 TSL Radial, K&N air filter
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_kid78 View Post
I've noticed, along with everyone else, that all the FOTM winners and even nominees are all hardcore offroaders. There is nothing ewrong with that, I just would like to see like a "Classic FOTM" or something for people with restored or restomod bronco's. Ones that are clean and straight and not for complete offroad use. Just my opinion
Then vote and nominate people with those kinds of trucks. When the time is right he/she will win

Black 95 with 33 TSL Radials, BroncoAir bumper, 351w, Warn m12000 winch, K&N air filter, cheap long tube headers, 4" Skyjacker lift, and F/R TrueTrac
post #76 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 09:35 PM
All I got for X-Mas was a

Bronco Info: '93 Custom 351W/E4OD/1356 4"Susp. 33" Tires. Now rockin the soft top.
We need more involvement in this. More people need to nominate, and more people need to accept. I think a lot of folks are afraid and don't nominate/accept BECAUSE they aren't built to the hilt or into pushin it hard offroad.

We just need to encourage EVERYONE to participate in this no matter what level they and their truck is at. We are a family (estranged for sure) and we need to participate as one.

Unless you really just don't want to.

Baby Girl
My SuperCrap Site

"The Price Good Men Pay For Indifference To Public Affairs Is To Be Ruled By Evil Men"
-Plato
post #77 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 10:25 PM
The Anti Yam!

Bronco Info: 86 Bronco XLT 357w/AOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doba View Post
Gacknar won and his is a street queen. Very tastefully restored.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewars85 View Post
Then vote and nominate people with those kinds of trucks. When the time is right he/she will win
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes93Bronco View Post
We need more involvement in this. More people need to nominate, and more people need to accept. I think a lot of folks are afraid and don't nominate/accept BECAUSE they aren't built to the hilt or into pushin it hard offroad.

We just need to encourage EVERYONE to participate in this no matter what level they and their truck is at. We are a family (estranged for sure) and we need to participate as one.

I try to remind everyone to vote/nominate. I have three locked threads with links in them that I routeenly bump. I am contemplating placing one in each forum.

Butttt.......

I went a little overboard with the one in the political forum.
Got a good hard thwaking for it.
In response to the locked thread

86 Bronco - 357W/AOD - 6" suspension lift, 3" body lift - 38" TSL Radials - 456:1 Gears
Sequential Multiport Mass-Air Fuel Injection from a 93 Mustang GT

My SuperMotors Site - My Engine

The Greatest Thread on FSB

Last edited by Gacknar; 05-28-2007 at 11:57 PM.
post #78 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 02:19 AM
official E-thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes93Bronco View Post

I agree
post #79 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 02:25 AM
Seeking Tanelorn

Bronco Info: Black '90 351 Bronco XLT, 6" Pro Comp stage II, 35" BFG ATs, K&N filter, Warn Premium Hubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gacknar View Post
I try to remind everyone to vote/nominate. I have three locked threads with links in them that I routeenly bump. I am contemplating placing one in each forum.

Butttt.......

I went a little overboard with the one in the political forum.
Got a good hard thwaking for it.
As one of the more mild of the thwackers referred to, I'll repeat what I said there.

The length of the thread can get intimidating; when one guy posts 40 or 50 pictures of himself, I'm not really inclined to go any further. It begins to make a joke out of something you guys want to be serious.

Maybe some guidelines could be set to limit how much self-promotion the guys can do in the FOTM thread - just post the 5 or 10 of the best pics as a teaser to get you to look at them, with a link to their own personal thread that has as many pics as they want?

Jeff
I've tried soul-searching, but in doing so I've found some really dark places.

"I may be on the side of the angels - but donít think for one second that I am one of them."
When all else fails... mutiny.
post #80 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 08:47 AM
No avatar required

Bronco Info: Mods don't have Broncos silly
I still think the posting should be limited to those who are nominated. All the filler posts of " I gotta give it to this guy" or " why didn't you do this" take away from the purpose of the thread.

It should also be limited to pics of the truck, and what was done to it. No dog pics, no girlfriend pics (we have threads for both).

You're not going to take the human factor out of it. There can be the biggest, baddest built rig in the contest and it will lose to a truck that is half as built, or not built at all because it was up against a member who has been here for ever and has a bunch of E-friends. Which is BS in my opinion because it is not Member of the Month, it is Fullsize of the Month.

95 XLT Stock

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode