Suggestion Box For FOTM - Page 5 - Ford Bronco Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 253 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 10:51 AM
The Anti Yam!

Bronco Info: 86 Bronco XLT 357w/AOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iolaus View Post
The length of the thread can get intimidating; when one guy posts 40 or 50 pictures of himself, I'm not really inclined to go any further. It begins to make a joke out of something you guys want to be serious.?
40 or 50 pics at once can be a bit annoying I agree, but 40 or 50 per the length of the entire thread doesn't bother me any.

What bothers me are those who don't take the time to resize there 5-Mega pixel pics to a reasonable size.

Quote:
Maybe some guidelines could be set to limit how much self-promotion the guys can do in the FOTM thread.
The whole point of the thread is self promotion, or at least Bronco promotion.

Setting "guidelines" doesn't work, it would have to be hard fast rules.

Quote:
just post the 5 or 10 of the best pics as a teaser to get you to look at them, with a link to their own personal thread that has as many pics as they want?
Then instead of one FOTM thread we will have 5 or more.

They could link to there Supermoters account, but looking through those can be a pain in the but.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnkrtstk View Post
I still think the posting should be limited to those who are nominated. All the filler posts of " I gotta give it to this guy" or " why didn't you do this" take away from the purpose of the thread. .
I kinda agree, but I have asked a question or two about the trucks before.
"Hey how did you do that" or "Do you have any more pics of this"
Sometimes it can ad to the thread I think.

But yea the "I had to vote for this guy because he had the only (list year here) in the contest" post can be a bit annoying.

Quote:
It should also be limited to pics of the truck, and what was done to it. No dog pics, no girlfriend pics (we have threads for both)
This I agree with 100%
Hot girls, cute dogs, cool tats, non of this should have anything to do with FOTM.

Quote:
You're not going to take the human factor out of it. There can be the biggest, baddest built rig in the contest and it will lose to a truck that is half as built, or not built at all because it was up against a member who has been here for ever and has a bunch of E-friends. Which is BS in my opinion because it is not Member of the Month, it is Fullsize of the Month.
That has happened several times and your right, It shouldn't be that way. But there is nothing that can be done about it.

86 Bronco - 357W/AOD - 6" suspension lift, 3" body lift - 38" TSL Radials - 456:1 Gears
Sequential Multiport Mass-Air Fuel Injection from a 93 Mustang GT

My SuperMotors Site - My Engine

The Greatest Thread on FSB

Last edited by Gacknar; 05-30-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 253 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 05:38 PM
official E-thug

I think itd be awesome if the winner of each fotm got upgraded to a fullsize member for free for one year
post #83 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 04:05 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: Some Broncos
Since a prior post of mine was in the wrong place.

Let it be said here then, there needs to be concrete rules about FOTM.

It is absolutely ridiculous to allow competition to be based upon a popularity factor. When I see a FOTM I guess I got the gist of this contest all wrong. I thought it was supposed to be a bronco that just made you stop and go wow. I wish I owned that truck. Whether it be for the perfect original state it is in, or whether it be for how well it functions wheeling or the modifications the owner did, whatever. It is about the bronco not about the dang owner. There are months that when I vote I don’t post in the thread letting people know who I voted for. It is because I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. I don’t vote based on who is my friend. I vote based on the bronco I wish I owned.

I just sat there and read reply after reply where people voted for an owner who had NO pictures of his dang truck up. um wtf? It is even really clearly reflected in the voting posts that they are voting because of what a nice person said owner is. Uhm that’s nice and all, but where the heck are the pictures of the bronco? They were finally added and yet how many votes even after that said wow I am impressed with your bronco?

caveat: I am very impressed with said owner, do not for a second mistake that belief. I think the site is lucky to have him contributing as he does, no question about it.

BUT... this is not a popularity contest. We should not let it evolve into one. This is about the broncos isn't it? There is a gorgeous bronco pic whoring on top of sand dunes who deserves a heck of a lot more votes than it has gotten. I just don't get this new popularity factor. Though I shouldn't say new as this has happened one other very notable FOTM that I can think of.

Can those of us out here looking at this contest shaking our heads get some direction from FSB. Tell us is it a bronco contest or a popularity contest? That will change how I vote.

Audra
post #84 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 04:19 PM
is FSB'd out

Bronco Info: Cannondale Trigger 29er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audra View Post
Since a prior post of mine was in the wrong place.

It is absolutely ridiculous to allow competition to be based upon a popularity factor. When I see a FOTM I guess I got the gist of this contest all wrong. I thought it was supposed to be a bronco that just made you stop and go wow. I wish I owned that truck. Whether it be for the perfect original state it is in, or whether it be for how well it functions wheeling or the modifications the owner did, whatever. It is about the bronco not about the dang owner. There are months that when I vote I donít post in the thread letting people know who I voted for. It is because I donít want to hurt anyoneís feelings. I donít vote based on who is my friend. I vote based on the bronco I wish I owned.

I just sat there and read reply after reply where people voted for an owner who had NO pictures of his dang truck up. um wtf? It is even really clearly reflected in the voting posts that they are voting because of what a nice person said owner is. Uhm thatís nice and all, but where the heck are the pictures of the bronco? They were finally added and yet how many votes even after that said wow I am impressed with your bronco?

caveat: I am very impressed with said owner, do not for a second mistake that belief. I think the site is lucky to have him contributing as he does, no question about it.

BUT... this is not a popularity contest. We should not let it evolve into one. This is about the broncos isn't it? There is a gorgeous bronco pic whoring on top of sand dunes who deserves a heck of a lot more votes than it has gotten. I just don't get this new popularity factor. Though I shouldn't say new as this has happened one other very notable FOTM that I can think of.

Can those of us out here looking at this contest shaking our heads get some direction from FSB. Tell us is it a bronco contest or a popularity contest? That will change how I vote.

Audra
I think Gack said it best a few posts up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gacknar View Post
That has happened several times and your right, It shouldn't be that way. But there is nothing that can be done about it.
You just can't make people vote using all identical reasoning. It would be nice, but it's not possible. And, Audra, I do vote like you. I pick the bronco I'd want to have in my driveway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
And just so you know Johnski is like Chuck Norris, he'd just roundhouse kick your bumper and your vehicle would explode.
CarolinaBroncos
post #85 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 04:21 PM
No avatar required

Bronco Info: Mods don't have Broncos silly
You vote how you see fit. In the spririt of the contest it is SUPPOSED to be about the truck, how it used, modified, preserved, restored.......

95 XLT Stock
post #86 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Govt. paid Admin.

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2 or 33x12.5 GYW Duratrac
Garage
OMG... I can't believe it but once again... I agree with brknstk

post #87 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 04:54 PM
FSM Lifetime

Right we do vote how we see fit. But should it be as an open contest like it is becoming, or is this still a bronco contest? I think we need better direction from FSB, a set of rules that says let it be about the truck itself. No matter what you like the truck for.

This is not FullSizeMember of the month. This is FullSizeBronco of the month.
post #88 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 04:56 PM
The Anti Yam!

Quote:

New rules, the future direction of FOTM, and if there will continue to be a FOTM, are all being discused by FSB staff curently.

86 Bronco - 357W/AOD - 6" suspension lift, 3" body lift - 38" TSL Radials - 456:1 Gears

post #89 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 05:01 PM
FSM Lifetime

I sure hope we continue on. The "if" part is just sad. I think this is an incredible opportunity to showcase some owner's vehicles.

I just believe the rules haven't been adhered to causing some hurt feelings here and there. I think I can sit here and talk openly because I have no vested interest, nor any past with the contest.

I have never been nominated, I have never put my truck in the thread to be nominated, I have never declined an email invite or anything to do with the contest. This is just a third party set of eyes going hey this needs some concreteness. If there are set rules and they are enforced strictly, then no one can get hurt feelings. It is just the way it is.
post #90 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Govt. paid Admin.

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2 or 33x12.5 GYW Duratrac
Garage
true dat! New blood has stirred up the topic and we are trying our best to hash out the best way to keep everyone involved and happy!

post #91 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 05:21 PM
The Anti Yam!

Quote:
I sure hope we continue on. The "if" part is just sad. I think this is an incredible opportunity to showcase some owner's vehicles.
I believe it will continue. There are many things being discussed about FOTM currently.

Quote:
I just believe the rules haven't been adhered to causing some hurt feelings here and there.
The current rules are rather vague.
(scroll down to "Contest rules")
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1884

Additional rules are being discussed, but no firm decision has been reached yet.

post #92 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Official FSB beer drinker

Bronco Info: 1968 Bronco, Dana 60 front, sterling 10.25 rear, 351W EFI, ZF5, NP205, 40's
Quote:
I think we need better direction from FSB, a set of rules that says let it be about the truck itself. No matter what you like the truck for.

This would help keep the grey area down to a minimum. I personally vote with more than just how a bronco is shown on the thread and as of right now, that is OK. It seems to ruffle a lot of feathers that a mass majority of people vote this way. I understand that some people view it as a picture does the talking while others take in all the info known about the truck and it's owner. I just find it disturbing that a person who does so much for the forum, wouldn't be able to win in the FOTM because his truck isn't as photogenic. FOTM shouldn't be about who gets the most pictures or who willing to put themselves in danger in order to get "the picture". I'm not saying anyone is or has but if it's all about who has the best pictures, that's not going to be fair to those who (a) don't wheel their rig, (b) don't have a nice camera and (c) may not be computer savvy.

I guess FOTM could be BPFOTM or best photographed fullsize of the month.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but lets face it, most would vote the bronco that are nice and have nice owners. If youv'e had an online argument with someone, I doubt you'd vote for them no matter how nice their bronco is.

(like right now if I was running, I don't think I'd get some peoples votes because of my views on the voting)

Full size broncos are for driving. Early broncos are for building. Remember that when you go to sell you FSB for Early bronco!!
post #93 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 07:01 PM

Bronco Info: 1968 Bronco, Dana 60 front, sterling 10.25 rear, 351W EFI, ZF5, NP205, 40's
I thought this was kind of funny / related to the topic.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...ad.php?t=24454

Full size broncos are for driving. Early broncos are for building. Remember that when you go to sell you FSB for Early bronco!!
post #94 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 07:07 PM
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Monkey View Post
I just find it disturbing that a person who does so much for the forum, wouldn't be able to win in the FOTM because his truck isn't as photogenic. FOTM shouldn't be about who gets the most pictures or who willing to put themselves in danger in order to get "the picture". I'm not saying anyone is or has but if it's all about who has the best pictures, that's not going to be fair to those who (a) don't wheel their rig, (b) don't have a nice camera and (c) may not be computer savvy.
You said it right there "I just find it disturbing that a person who does so much for the forum, wouldn't be able to win in the FOTM because his truck isn't as photogenic"

It is not about the person. It is about the truck.

Yes we expect to see pictures.

Pictures of the actual vehicle being voted for.

we want the story and history of that vehicle.

Pictures of friends vehicles (happens every contest), dialogues about what you've done for other's rigs, etc don't have to do with the bronco running for best truck.

It is NOT about wheeling. That awesome green 78/79 "pretty" bronco that ran the one month got my vote. Just because I was sickenly jealous of that beautiful rig.

It is about the bronco.

It should remain about the bronco.
post #95 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 07:16 PM
The Anti Yam!

Quote:
I just find it disturbing that a person who does so much for the forum, wouldn't be able to win in the FOTM because his truck isn't as photogenic.
What a person does for the site shouldn't make a huge impact on there standings in FOTM.

Fore example.

Mike2 cant ever win FOTM and his truck is photogenic. He has donated time and money to the site and has even sponsored FullSize Memberships for people. But he can never run for FOTM.

Quote:
if it's all about who has the best pictures, that's not going to be fair to those who (a) don't wheel their rig, (b) don't have a nice camera and (c) may not be computer savvy.
It's about who has the Bronco that you like the best. Thats who you should be voting for. Sure the persons online persona does have some impact, but it should not be the primary reason you vote for a particulat contestants ride.

Quote:
I thought this was kind of funny / related to the topic.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...ad.php?t=24454
Posted 08-24-2004, 11:33 PM
The board has changed some since then.

Last edited by Gacknar; 08-14-2007 at 07:22 PM.
post #96 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 07:21 PM
is FSB'd out

Bronco Info: Cannondale Trigger 29er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gacknar View Post
It's about who has the Bronco that you like the best. Thats who you should be voting for. Sure the persons online persona does have some impact, but it should not be the primary reason you vote for a particulat contestants ride.
Fixed it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
And just so you know Johnski is like Chuck Norris, he'd just roundhouse kick your bumper and your vehicle would explode.
CarolinaBroncos
post #97 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 07:23 PM
The Anti Yam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnski View Post
Fixed it for you.
I liked it so much I went back and bolded Bronco in my post
(But I left it the same size )

post #98 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 08:11 PM

I guess the 60 something votes are wrong in how the FOTM should go. A huge turn out and support and it's shunned away because the guy didn't post pics of his bronco on the thread. Meanwhile, Iv'e seen more of his bronco than my own.

It's because of THOSE pics that I got into the FSB forum and have non-stopped modded my formally stock truck into a trail rig. His isn't a trail rig but he showed that you can do what you want using his own bronco as an example. His is the most freeway / city driver friendly bronco Iv'e ever seen and he's shown us DD what to do if we want actual results without spending to much. That's why people have non-stop voted for "his truck".

Last edited by California Monkey; 08-14-2007 at 08:17 PM. Reason: previous post would have sunk me into a hole and not helped.
post #99 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 08:21 PM

Bronco Info: Stockish 93 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356; 79, 400/T-18/NP205, D44/9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Monkey
...I can't seperate the [Bronco and owner] since I feel that the person makes the vehicle....
I agree with this completely. Most of the trucks on this site would be rusting heaps or coke cans if not for the love and labor of the owners. I don't think that the vote should be made solely based on the owner or the vehicle, but as mixture of both. The truck would be absolutely nothing without the owner.

I also think that most of ya'll are looking at this a little too seriously. There is no need for anyone to get pissed off and burn bridges over FOTM.

post #100 of 253 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 08:33 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 XLT 5.0, MSD coil/cap/rotor, SpiroPro wires, Ford Racing tranny cooler, PermaCool filter, 3G
Quote:
His isn't a trail rig but he showed that you can do what you want using his own bronco as an example. His is the most freeway / city driver friendly bronco I've ever seen and he's shown us DD what to do if we want actual results without spending too much.
I think this is an important point. Six doesn't need to show a lot of pictures of the truck itself, because it looks like a pretty clean `80s Bronco. It's the pictures of mods and descriptions thereof that matter, in his case, because his truck happens to be a 20 MPG Bronco with a lot of longevity/convenience mods and some restoration work. It's a very uncommon truck, just in a different direction than the usual "big lift big tires" nominee. His "cheap Scot" attitude is all part of the package. I think he'd be a worthy FOTM winner, because a write-up in Bronco Driver that isn't about "how I lifted it" or "what I've driven it through" but is more about "how I made it last" and "check out this mileage" would be refreshing.

Ford Bronco Forum > Welcome > F.O.T.M Voting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode