Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Dana 60 front in a '90 bronco

3K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Redwagon 
#1 ·
Before you ask i did read all the write-ups i could regarding this, but i think im in a kinda bad spot cause i did not see anything that even looked close to what i have.

Ok, i bought a Dana 60 frontend that has had alot of customization done to it. It is trussed on top, set up for a three link suspension system and coil springs. It also has 4.10 gears, a lincoln locker, and disc brakes.

I was pulled to this axle because it was trussed a set up for coil springs, but now that i have it and have been looking at it im kinda lost as to what to do with it.

As i said before, i have a '90 bronco xlt. So what im asking is should i just sell this frontend and buy one set up for leaf springs or can anyone lend me a hand to make this one work? Any info will help. Thanks

#6 ·
Whats your fabrication ability like, do you have a welder? You could always modify or remove the various mounts and trusses if they dont work for you. I wouldnt necessarily sell the axle just because of these mods. You could try posting it on craigslist saying youll trade for another 60. Do you want to run leafs or coils, youve made references to both. How much lift do you want?

#7 ·
i know how to weld, but im not the best. the reason i was asking about if i should just sell it is because i have been told that i will have a harder time with the coil springs. i only want to lift it 4" max. this is also my daily driver and im really not worried about ride quality and i would really like to run this axle, im just kida lost.

#11 ·
those look like shock mounts. you see another mount in the center of the axle. and a track bar on there.

from the pictures it is kinda hard to see the other mount points.

#12 ·
Yes, we need pics of it with the pinion pointed up or something, so we can see the back of the axle.

Im with jopes, those are the shock mounts in front of the coil springs. Maybe it lines up to the front shock in a TTB coil bucket. Stock 78-9 lower coil mounts, altho they are rotated 90º of stock, which leads me to believe it did not come out of a truck with 78-9 coil buckets.

#18 ·
2 lowers, one upper. Most likely had two straight lower links, and one wishbone upper link.

What more do you need to know? If you cant figure out how to get this thing into your truck with a homemade link suspension, then IMO you should not have bought this axle, because it would take many more hours than it it is worth to cut all that crap off.

#20 ·
You have a king pin 60. I will swap you straight across for a leaf sprung 60 with 4.10's if you pay the shipping.....LMAO. You have a good axle, make some links for it and hang it under your truck. I agree though, if you dont have the ability to make suspension parts for this you really shouldnt of bought it...

On a side note, cut those silly a$$ factory coil buckets off and make some coil over tabs..... buy some good coil overs and off you go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.