Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

SAS 2000 F150 Picture?

39K views 81 replies 33 participants last post by  pauliver 
#1 ·
SAS 2000 F150

2000 F150 SAS w/79 F150 Dana 44 w/4:88's
Rear axle is an 8.8 w/4:88's and Posi-Trac, drilled axles to match 5.5 lug patteren
37x12.5x16 Swampers (38.5x15x16's - FUTURE)
1999 5 speed trans. and 2004 transfer-case (GETTING REBUILT NOW)

Rides very nice and straight.

Thanks

See less See more
#65 ·
Extended Radius Arm Question

Extended radius arm question, yes I did a search but still have a couple of questions.:whiteflag

This winter I’m removing the stock spring buckets and replacing with Ballistic Adjustable Coil Buckets. I also want to remove the radius arm drop brackets and extend the radius arms and mount to the trans. crossmember.

When welding to the RA do I need to preheat the arms? If yes, how do I do this? How long, how hot, etc.

I guess it’s best to use a larger welder also (220 volt)?

Thanks, John

#66 ·
Extended radius arm question, yes I did a search but still have a couple of questions.:whiteflag

This winter I’m removing the stock spring buckets and replacing with Ballistic Adjustable Coil Buckets. I also want to remove the radius arm drop brackets and extend the radius arms and mount to the trans. crossmember.

When welding to the RA do I need to preheat the arms? If yes, how do I do this? How long, how hot, etc.

I guess it’s best to use a larger welder also (220 volt)?

Thanks, John
I was just reading yesterday about welding the axle tubes to center diff (here) and i was reading that when you weld to cast, it is best to pre-heat it so 400*-500* (IIRC) or to just use a good 220v... Honestly, I dont have any personaly experiance to speak from tho. :brownbag

The cast center section should be heated to 400 or 500 degreese if I remember right.
the center section is cast. You can preheat it or use a good 220v welder.

#73 ·
It's a 4"/6" drop pitman arm from a 1990 Bronco and yes it fit the stock 2000 F150 steering box.

John

#74 ·
2000 F150 SAS w/79 F150 Dana 44 w/4:88's
Rear axle is an 8.8 w/4:88's and Posi-Trac, drilled axles to match 5.5 lug patteren
37x12.5x16 Swampers (38.5x15x16's - FUTURE)
1999 5 speed trans. and 2004 transfer-case (GETTING REBUILT NOW)

Rides very nice and straight.

Thanks
Its a pretty cool truck. I just dont like the looks of the 2 foot drop radius arm brackets. Heaven forbid if you drove over a big log or something.:duh

#75 ·
Me either so I just built a pair of long Radius Arms which are getting mounted to the transmission crossmember. Also my truck never goes off road, just too the beach for two weeks a year.:thumbup

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.