Valhalla1's SAS - Page 3 - Ford Bronco Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 04:43 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 93 5.8L tons of stuff
If you want the best don't look anywhere else other than EMF!
They are the only rod ends we use for our products. The wait times to get your order can be a while. I've got on their case about it many times. But they are worth it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1996 XLT 351w 6" superlift superrunner with superrunner steering
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderBronco View Post
If you want the best don't look anywhere else other than EMF!
They are the only rod ends we use for our products. The wait times to get your order can be a while. I've got on their case about it many times. But they are worth it.
What is the reason they are superior?

Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 05:24 PM
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1 View Post
What is the reason they are superior?
Multiple reasons. This is from alot of research, talking with Clay the owner and his wife, and my own product testing. Keeping in mind I'm not a metallurgist.
1. First, you can see with your eye the high quality vs. the "quality" chromoly joints out there.
2. The material used is higher grade material. Even though they are technically not any stronger than other comparable joints when looking at the numbers, the quality material allows for a stronger joint. The material allows for slight flex of the material vs. other joints simply cracking. Basically it will bend but not break.
3. The joints are fully rebuild-able and can be easily adapted to various sizes because the balls are replaceable with different sizes available.
4. We've run various joints and I can personally attest to the longevity of these vs. other basic chromoly joints. I've had to replace chromoly stuff after only 2-3K miles.
They aren't cheap that's for sure. But I've found them to be well worth the extra $$$.

Last edited by BoulderBronco; 03-24-2016 at 05:27 PM.

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 08:41 PM
FSM Lifetime

I forgot to mention they are a bit longer than other rod ends too. So it allows a bit more adjust-ability.

post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1996 XLT 351w 6" superlift superrunner with superrunner steering
Garage
I had an Issue while building this up. On the rear axle there is a variable speed sensor (VSS). There is one on the 8.8 and one on the 10.5 rear end. On a 1996 model Bronco the VSS feeds the Programmable Speedometer / Odometer Module (PSOM) before the transmission receives the feed. I had no speedometer when I first put the new axle in. I thought that the issue was in the 10.5's VSS so I replaced that. Still no signal to the PSOM. I assumed that it was a wiring issue so I jumped past the place I assumed could be bad in my wiring and still no signal. That's when I started to dig around the internet to find other possible scenarios. I had prior to the install started to have an issue with "waver" in my speedometer. After reading a lot I started to suspect my PSOM had gone bad. I got a used tested good unit. This also did not fix my problem. At this point i was pulling my hair out a little. I dug in deeper on the web. I jump bypassed my Four Wheel ABS unit (4WABS) not it. I jumped a wire straight off the VSS to the PSOM, not it. I checked to see if the new VSS was good, it was. I took the VSS out of the rear end to see if I could get a drill with a router bit to produce a signal. No signal. At wits end, I decided to pull the VSS from the 8.8 rear end. I tried the signal test with the old VSS and I got signal! I was baffled but elated. I decided to see if the dimensions were the same on it. The magnet area was much larger but other than that it looked the same. I put it in, the 4wabs was still jumped out and I still had the straight wire ran underneath the truck to the PSOM. Taking no chances I hooked it up with everything jumped out. It worked! I stepped it back one piece at a time and it worked. While trying things I noticed that the old magnet was much stronger. This is all I can think that is making the 8.8 vss work and not the 10.5 vss, by the way these are all ford parts.

Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Solid Axle Swaps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode