SAS NEWBIE QUESTIONS - NO FLAMING ALLOWED - Page 274 - Ford Bronco Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5461 of 5510 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 01:35 PM

Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie
Call Deaver, the guy that answers will be able to tell you right away. 714-542-3703
Post the info you get.
billylh likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5462 of 5510 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 11:58 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 93 5.8L tons of stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by billylh View Post
can someone give me some specs on the deaver csh57? i tried searching csh57 here and get no results, i can find info for the deaver 4" for 78/79 but i cant be certain that they are the same as these supposed newer CSH57. I tried contacting JBG which they never responded to my inquiry and also tried calling summitt but theyre not sure. Considering how long theyve been out im baffled that there is no information from forum members or any kind of real usedful info atleast.

i really just need to get an idea of what the loaded height is going to be with a 351/e4od and everything else stock in terms of no extra weight like hd bumper or winch. the unloaded height of the spring is 23" but knowing the loaded will help me to determine how high to mount the spring tower on the frame. on random sites i read 17-20 inches which doesnt help much.

any help/info is greatly appreciated.
Check out this thread about coils I wrote a while back. Specifically check out the "COILS" paragraph in post #38. That should provide the information you need.
Let's Talk Coil Springs
billylh likes this.

post #5463 of 5510 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 10:17 AM

Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8L D44 SAS
Garage
I started tearing everything apart and getting the new components installed for my sas but im wondering if anyone knows the fitting size on the abs pump so that I can plug one of the front lines to have just a single center drop for the front axle. I bought some but they only had the ones for 3/16 lines but the pump side of the line seems to be a larger fitting and no where online does it specify what size it is. Most likely I will have to order it online so Im trying to get that ordered before I get to that point.

My truck is a 94 xlt 351

'94 Bronco
Bronco Gallery

post #5464 of 5510 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 09:24 AM

Bronco Info: 1984 Bronco, 351w, ZF5/205 swapped 14b rear on 37 iroks
I cant remember the size that it was but i suggest not plugging a side but making a Y for it or in my case i bought a block, 2 in one out it came with a braided line.
billylh likes this.

1984 Bronco Xlt, SAS 4.11, 351w w/ truck avenger 670 and headers
http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/elliott000/slideshow/
https://www.youtube.com/user/ehumpy
post #5465 of 5510 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 10:00 AM

Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie
Quote:
I started tearing everything apart and getting the new components installed for my sas but im wondering if anyone knows the fitting size on the abs pump so that I can plug one of the front lines to have just a single center drop for the front axle. I bought some but they only had the ones for 3/16 lines but the pump side of the line seems to be a larger fitting and no where online does it specify what size it is. Most likely I will have to order it online so Im trying to get that ordered before I get to that point.

My truck is a 94 xlt 351
If your doing an SAS and losing the wheel speed sensors you wont have ABS anyways and you want a single line drop for the front so then maybe you could just make a new line straight from the master cylinder and delete the ABS pump. I bet the line from the master to the pump is long enough and you could just cut the line at the pump side and flare on the fitting you want. For the rear there is a coupling just below the fire wall so that would be a short easy line as well. I just started looking into that myself for my SAS and found this thread ABS Delete 94 Bronco. Jump out the wiring harness to the ABS pump and remove the ABS relay and diode (not sure where the diode is yet).
Elliott000 likes this.

1995 Bronco, 351w, Hill Killer E4OD, 4.10's, 2" lift and 33's
SAS coming one of these days...
post #5466 of 5510 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 12:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott000 View Post
I cant remember the size that it was but i suggest not plugging a side but making a Y for it or in my case i bought a block, 2 in one out it came with a braided line.
did you combine the lines from the master cylinder in to one or from the abs pump?

'94 Bronco
Bronco Gallery
post #5467 of 5510 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 01:33 AM

Bronco Info: 1984 Bronco, 351w, ZF5/205 swapped 14b rear on 37 iroks
Quote:
did you combine the lines from the master cylinder in to one or from the abs pump?
I combined from the master into one, my truck is an 84 so it doesnt have abs. I didnt notice originally that u had the pump. Like was mentioned though, i believe with a sas you wont have abs unless you do some bastardizing on the diff....

1984 Bronco Xlt, SAS 4.11, 351w w/ truck avenger 670 and headers
http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/elliott000/slideshow/
https://www.youtube.com/user/ehumpy
post #5468 of 5510 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 01:46 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott000 View Post
I combined from the master into one, my truck is an 84 so it doesnt have abs. I didnt notice originally that u had the pump. Like was mentioned though, i believe with a sas you wont have abs unless you do some bastardizing on the diff....
im not trying to keep abs, i know there is no tone ring on the 79 d44 to accommodate abs, what im trying to do is figure out how to get a single line drop for the front brakes. originally i read that people plug one side of the abs pump so thats what i was kinda working off of. im open to suggestions or im thinking of just making a pigtail brake line with more common fitting size and just plugging that.

'94 Bronco
Bronco Gallery
post #5469 of 5510 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 05:38 AM

Bronco Info: 93 351W, SAS w/ 60s f/r
Here is a great idea how to reroute/redo your front brake line to a single drop. Miketnf150 did it on his 95 bronco. Check out post 179-189.

95 Bronco SAS
billylh likes this.
post #5470 of 5510 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 08:46 AM

Garage
Quote:
can someone give me some specs on the deaver csh57? i tried searching csh57 here and get no results, i can find info for the deaver 4" for 78/79 but i cant be certain that they are the same as these supposed newer CSH57. I tried contacting JBG which they never responded to my inquiry and also tried calling summitt but theyre not sure. Considering how long theyve been out im baffled that there is no information from forum members or any kind of real usedful info atleast.

i really just need to get an idea of what the loaded height is going to be with a 351/e4od and everything else stock in terms of no extra weight like hd bumper or winch. the unloaded height of the spring is 23" but knowing the loaded will help me to determine how high to mount the spring tower on the frame. on random sites i read 17-20 inches which doesnt help much.

any help/info is greatly appreciated.
just to put it out there for future reference, the CSH57 deaver coils in my 94 with a 351 ended up at 19.75" loaded. I gained more lift than I was expecting due to the fact that I assumed it would sit at 18.5" loaded and I also mounted the duff coil towers with it lined up to the bottom of the frame rather than an inch higher as most suggested.

'94 Bronco
Bronco Gallery
post #5471 of 5510 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 08:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Turd View Post
Here is a great idea how to reroute/redo your front brake line to a single drop. Miketnf150 did it on his 95 bronco. Check out post 179-189.

95 Bronco SAS
I dont know how I never saw that thread, it answered everything I needed to know. Since then, I got the brake lines ran directly to front and rear from the mc and I am stoked to say that it works perfectly. I was skeptical if the stock booster/mc could handle the 78tbird calipers but they feel a million times better than the stock so im not complaining.

'94 Bronco
Bronco Gallery
post #5472 of 5510 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 12:55 PM

Bronco Info: 1996 XLT
Can someone give me the real deal about using the stock TTB spring buckets on a SAS?

I currently have a 6" rough country lift on my TTB. What coils would I want to run to keep a 6 inch lift in the front ? I wouldn't mind going slightly higher because of my heavy bumper and winch. Extra 150-175lbs.

Planing on using the bronco air shock relocation kit to get a decent shock on it.

Thanks
post #5473 of 5510 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 11:26 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 93 5.8L tons of stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by blicharski1989 View Post
Can someone give me the real deal about using the stock TTB spring buckets on a SAS?

I currently have a 6" rough country lift on my TTB. What coils would I want to run to keep a 6 inch lift in the front ? I wouldn't mind going slightly higher because of my heavy bumper and winch. Extra 150-175lbs.

Planing on using the bronco air shock relocation kit to get a decent shock on it.

Thanks
Just responded to your PM.

Not exactly sure what your meaning by the "real deal" about the stock buckets. But basically there is no reason you can't use them as is. You can even use your existing 6" coils if you want (except for the lower mount may be an issue if your using a 78-79 lower mounting system). They will be a bit stiff for a solid axle but you can always swap them out with others later. Also, since they are 6" for a TTB they will end up being a bit more than 6" on a solid axle setup due to the leverage factor of the TTB. Use our shock brackets and pick the right shocks (I can help you with that) and your done.

post #5474 of 5510 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 10:34 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 XLT
Can someone give me some insight into trac bars? Do most people make there own? If so what size DOM? I noticed some trac bars have bends in them while others are straight? I have seen BroncoAir and Duff Tuff trac bars available, Are these one size fits all? Do I need to wait until the axle is under the truck and centered before I get into this step?

1996 Bronco
5.8-E4OD
6" lift, 35x12.5, 4.88, detroit locker
post #5475 of 5510 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 11:05 AM

Bronco Info: 90' 351/E40D 38" tires, 4.88 gears, full float 8.8, lockers F&R
I would just buy a kit.

Panhard Kit / TrackBar - RuffStuff Specialties

It's best to be straight, but sometimes it's not possible/practical. The straighter the better.

Check out my "Molasses Project"http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197652
post #5476 of 5510 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 11:52 AM
Owned 21 Years

Bronco Info: 95XLT351 E4OD SAS 44/ARB/Alloy shafts-joints. D60 rear/Detroit. 4wheel disc,35" KO2's, 4.56etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blicharski1989 View Post
Can someone give me some insight into trac bars? Do most people make there own? If so what size DOM? I noticed some trac bars have bends in them while others are straight? I have seen BroncoAir and Duff Tuff trac bars available, Are these one size fits all? Do I need to wait until the axle is under the truck and centered before I get into this step?
I think most are made with .25 wall. Straight or bend really depends on the individual setup. Less lift and you likely will have clearance issues with the pumpkin and/or part of the crossmember, again depending on what cutting you may have done or not done on the crossmemember. Length is somewhat dependent on exactly how you create the upper mount to the frame.

post #5477 of 5510 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 09:40 PM

Hi I am new on here and I am doing a solid axle swap in my 94 F-150 with a 1978 Dana 44 axle I was wondering what degree bushings do I use with drop brackets it with a 6 inch lift coil spring and do I use to Springs from the 1978 and 79 Bronco and what size drop brackets should I use is there different size drop brackets or there's one standard size that you use with the 78 mount also what drice shaft should i use
post #5478 of 5510 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 04:40 AM

Bronco Info: 93 351W, SAS w/ 60s f/r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money0515 View Post
Hi I am new on here and I am doing a solid axle swap in my 94 F-150 with a 1978 Dana 44 axle I was wondering what degree bushings do I use with drop brackets it with a 6 inch lift coil spring and do I use to Springs from the 1978 and 79 Bronco and what size drop brackets should I use is there different size drop brackets or there's one standard size that you use with the 78 mount also what drice shaft should i use
The question is how much lift are you planning to have? What coil buckets/ radius arms/ drop brackets are you using? The drive shaft could still be used, but make sure you get the yoke off the TTB dana 44 and put it on the solid axle.
post #5479 of 5510 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 06:52 PM

78 stock coil buckets and seats
Bronco Graveyard 4-6 inch radius arm brackets
springs shackle flip brackets 4.5 inch lift
4 inch block under spring
33 inch tires
6 inch coil springs
4.56 gears
what shims should I put under my rear springs
I am going from a two-wheel drive to a four-wheel drive so what drive shaft should I use and would a stock F-150 transmission with transfer case with a 4-speed overdrive be good for this build
What polyurethane radius arm bushing should i use or should i just go two degrees stock
post #5480 of 5510 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 09:33 PM

I've been serach for which radius arm bracket to go with on my SAS. I will be using a set of Bronco Bob's extended radius arms on a 79 Dana 44. I want it to have a clean look and really like this BDS bracket. Does anyone out there have a set that they will part with for some $$

Last edited by forrest411; 01-26-2017 at 09:40 PM. Reason: picture

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Solid Axle Swaps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode