SAS NEWBIE QUESTIONS - NO FLAMING ALLOWED - Page 5 - Ford Bronco Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 5487 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 07:52 PM

Bronco Info: 83 Bronco w/ I-6 & 4 spd, 79 Bronco w/400, C6, np205, 4" lift(parts rig)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadofax View Post
nothing, they have their place for those unable to deal with the complexities of coil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 5487 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 10:41 PM

Bronco Info: No More Bronco
Quote:
You might wanna mention your a leaf boy.
I didn't know there was any other way.

Quote:
But hey, the new Broncodriver mag is out and both you and Kev (RepT) are features, so congrats
Thanks Mark!

Quote:
It also looks like you are an "editor at large" or input person for them since they have you on their map Chris.
On their map? Oh, cool! I never noticed that before.

Quote:
nothing, they have their place for those unable to deal with the complexities of coil.
Hey! I resemble that remark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon View Post

and what is wrong with leafs....
It's ok Tim. We know that they will come to the dark, er leaf side......eventually!

Chris B
post #83 of 5487 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Owned 20 Years

Bronco Info: 95XLT351 E4OD SAS 44/ARB/Alloy shafts-joints. D60 rear/Detroit. 4wheel disc,35" KO2's, 4.56etc.
It's ok Tim. We know that they will come to the dark, er leaf side......eventually!

you're a geezer, you know my original plan was leaf.

If I ever went D60.....nah....I've got the coil stuff already there, leaf will never be for me. Nor will a D60 unless one falls on my head for practically free.

post #84 of 5487 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 10:55 PM
rolling Rolling ROLLING....

Bronco Info: 93 Cherokee
Quote:

you're a geezer, you know my original plan was leaf.

If I ever went D60.....nah....I've got the coil stuff already there, leaf will never be for me. Nor will a D60 unless one falls on my head for practically free.
I think he mean me....another Tim...

Tim

Newest token Jeep owner....

post #85 of 5487 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 11:55 AM

I have a 94, that has rear abs,e4od trans. I smoked the rear end on it and want to know how hard would it be to put the old straight axles under it ? I have found a set with 4" lift for $200.00 I know what I need to do to the front. it is the rear that is giving me problems. how do I bypass the abs sensor on the rear without a trans swap? I have been told that these axles wont work? if they will can someone plz help me out with info?
thnx
post #86 of 5487 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Owned 20 Years

Bronco Info: 95XLT351 E4OD SAS 44/ARB/Alloy shafts-joints. D60 rear/Detroit. 4wheel disc,35" KO2's, 4.56etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendwheeler View Post
I have a 94, that has rear abs,e4od trans. I smoked the rear end on it and want to know how hard would it be to put the old straight axles under it ? I have found a set with 4" lift for $200.00 I know what I need to do to the front. it is the rear that is giving me problems. how do I bypass the abs sensor on the rear without a trans swap? I have been told that these axles wont work? if they will can someone plz help me out with info?
thnx
is this old axle a ford 9" or from a more heavy duty truck? The 9" would be a bit difficult to mount the VSS sensor in, but they do make aftermarket sensors that mount up by the transfer case. I used a D60 from a '78 F250, and drilled the diff to mount the sensor, and it's worked flawlessly. So anyone telling you this is full of sheeeeett.

post #87 of 5487 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Owned 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon View Post
I think he mean me....another Tim...
He did mean you...you're a Tim, I'm a Mark.

I was quoting Chris cuz he likely remembers that I was all set to do a leaf spring D44 front, I just couldn't find the proper axle.

post #88 of 5487 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
is this old axle a ford 9" or from a more heavy duty truck? The 9" would be a bit difficult to mount the VSS sensor in, but they do make aftermarket sensors that mount up by the transfer case. I used a D60 from a '78 F250, and drilled the diff to mount the sensor, and it's worked flawlessly. So anyone telling you this is full of sheeeeett.
it is a 9". how much does the adapter run? and where can I get it? thank you again.
post #89 of 5487 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Owned 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendwheeler View Post
it is a 9". how much does the adapter run? and where can I get it? thank you again.
Go here:
SAS with a little twist

go to posts 42-45. If you need more info. I'd PM GKR (Greg) and ask him about that sensor relocator and how it's been working. I don't think it's cheap though...I wanna say like in the $275 range.

post #90 of 5487 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 02:46 AM

searched a little...didnt find much...too lazy to look anymore...

i know i already know the answer, but i just wanna reaffirm...

can you cut the cups off an axle they're cast into? wanna pull the D44 from my F150 for a leaf spring SAS on a tacoma.
post #91 of 5487 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 03:20 AM

k so i want to get the most bang for my buck and still be user frendly for the install i live in the snow so i want to run like 39.5 and up so i dont have to plow as much out of my road what would you guys say would be the cheapest and easest wayto go?
post #92 of 5487 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 11:09 AM

a good start would probably be to say what you're working on and we can advise from there....

anyone gonna answer my stupid question above?
post #93 of 5487 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 11:23 AM
ate lug

Bronco Info: 88 Bronco/96 Bronco/96 F250
Garage
bigred the answer is No. there is no axle tube behind those wedges. Either set it up for coils, or youll have to get a different D44.

biteme4u, if i understand you correctly, you want to build a big truck so you dont have to plow the snow? 39.5"+ tires? Cheap and 40s dont go together. Start saving up for one-ton axles, or buy a F350 and lift that.
post #94 of 5487 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 01:55 PM
Owned 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptillikus View Post
bigred the answer is No. there is no axle tube behind those wedges. Either set it up for coils, or youll have to get a different D44.

biteme4u, if i understand you correctly, you want to build a big truck so you dont have to plow the snow? 39.5"+ tires? Cheap and 40s dont go together. Start saving up for one-ton axles, or buy a F350 and lift that.
I agree. He wants the clearance that the big tires get, but that big of a tire really means D60 front/Fullfloat rear if you want it to be reliable.

post #95 of 5487 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 01:45 AM

Bronco Info: 94 xlt, 3in bl, 33's, new trans, rebuilt 302. 2kwatt stero system
ok a quick question, about how wide do you make your radius arm mounts on the frame when your using 1.25inch heims. now i know i wont get an exact measurements beucase things could be different for other people. if someone had pics of their mounts with just heims hangin from them id get a better idea of what id need

thanks
post #96 of 5487 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Owned 20 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal1313 View Post
ok a quick question, about how wide do you make your radius arm mounts on the frame when your using 1.25inch heims. now i know i wont get an exact measurements beucase things could be different for other people. if someone had pics of their mounts with just heims hangin from them id get a better idea of what id need

thanks
roughly the width of the frame. use spacers like the cage stuff.

post #97 of 5487 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 10:48 PM

Are there 8-lug HP 44s out there? What is a good truck to get one from? Or am I better off 8-lugging one myself?
post #98 of 5487 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 11:25 PM
ate lug

Bronco Info: 88 Bronco/96 Bronco/96 F250
Garage
70s F250s, altho it comes in leaf sprung versions only (it is referred to as the D44HD if you want to search the forums for info on it). If you want coils you can either weld the Cs to that axle, or take the 8-lug outers and swap em onto a 5-lug axle coil sprung axle.
post #99 of 5487 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 01:31 AM

Bronco Info: 1980 fullsize, 351M, pretty stock now, but lookin to change that
lift clearances?

I am new to the ford world, being brought up G.M. (Iknow, finally saw the light, huh?) but I have a 1980 fullsize bronco, 351M, and am wondering how big a tire can I go with no lift, and how big can I go after cutting the fenders? I hear the the rears, are not to bad, but the fronts are a bitch. thanks all.

1980 Bronco Fullsize, 351M, K&N Filter w/ xtream top
MSD in the works, 31x10r15 Ridge Runners looking to swap 33s or bigger soon ,swap to 4bbl carb soon
I think C6 Tranny, has drive 2, and 1
looking to change exhuast
post #100 of 5487 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 02:13 AM

33's will often fit the 80-86 Bronco without a lift. How big you want to go from there relates to how much fender you cut away. Perhaps a 36 with alot, but you'll have the rims/tires hitting your radius arms when turning. I have 33's on my 86 bronco with no lift and no problems with rubbing the arms or fenders. Good luck!

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > Solid Axle Swaps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode