Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Heater/ac stopped working!!!!

2K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  BigJohn89 
#1 ·
Just came out the other morning and its not blowing on heat or ac. Some air still comes through bc my window will defrost after 15 minutes or so. The backlight is still on and radio works fine but will not change and actually kick on the blower. I have not messed with anything and it just stopped working. Is there a fuse that could be bad? All help appreciated because my rear window is stuck down and taking the boys to durhamtown saturday. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
In what way? It's common for the blower fuse to burn its terminals withOUT burning the fuse.
and to also burn the resistor and/or the connector for the blower motor.

#3 ·
do you have power at the blower motor on the passenger side of the dash? yes? continue onto...

hit the motor with a hammer, does it turn over? yes? replace it. no? replace it anyway if you have power there.

the air is moving from you driving the vehicle or the head radiating from the core. if the fan isn't moving it's not the one moving air. start there.

#5 ·
yo BigJohn89 ,
I don't have the 89 Fuse Block Diagram but in 88, Fuse #9 is dedicated to Heater/AC - 30 amps
pic by jem270
&
pic in a 90

Source: by ElKabong (Ken, El Kabong)
Fuse #9 is dedicated to Heater/AC - 30 amps

Wiring Diagram in a 90
Source: by Seattle FSB (SeattleFSB) http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/943188

Any air flow from Defroster Vents?
if so,
The system is designed to provide defrost when no vacuum is applied to any of the three air door vacuum motors. This is done to prevent a situation where defrost cannot be obtained due to a system vacuum leak. Instead, a leak in the vacuum control circuit will send all airflow to the defroster outlets. This condition may occur during acceleration (slow leak), may exist at all times (large leak) and may happen only when certain specific functions are selected, indicating a leak in that portion of the circuit.

Most common leak is in original white vacuum line to Outside Recirculate Door Vacuum Motor
pic in an 89 by Mavman
passenger side, near firewall and hood hinge; white vacuum line

#11 ·
My manual got torn up offroad by a cooler spill. And also no fuse map as that was the first place i looked. Then i looked online for a fuse diagram. It is indeed the correct fuse. It probably burned bc it was a 20a and it calla for a 30a. Changing the box should be easy enough right? How can i "move" the fuse location?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.