Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

another set of broken motor mounts

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  El Kabong 
#1 ·
Ok guys, here's the problem I'm having with my old girl. I just broke my second set of motor mounts and I'm trying to find a suitable replacement. Either poly or solid. I was doing some mild flexing when this set popped. The first set was Indian Napa brand, the second set were anchor's from Advance. I've been searching the forums and haven't come up with much for the 300. I know I saw some threads that were saying the O'Reileys brand were made in the usa. Anyone running these brands? I've checked my trans mount and its not broken or bad. It's an almost bone stock engine so I wouldn't think the torque would be enough to keep breaking these. The first time I broke the drivers mount so I replaced the pair, second was the passenger mount so again I replaced the pair. I've checked Jeff's website and he only has listings for rubber mounts. I don't mind these but I just don't want to keep dealing with this. Thanks in advance

#2 ·
I could not keep a drivers side mount on my 78 bronco. I finally cut the stud off flat than drilled through the whole mount where the stud was. Then ran a grade 8 bolt all the way through it. Put it on with a lock nut snug but not cranked down. The lock nut will hold it. Never broke that mount again.

#3 ·
some will also use a chain to secure the motor. I had the same issue back in the day in my old hi-boy. the 300-6 is torquy.

#7 ·
i love my JBG poly mounts. i use toi break mounts every couple of weeks. yet to break these. they jsut need to make one for 300 and then a tranny mount to go with it

anyone know where i can get poly tranny mount other than autofab?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.