Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Plastic inner door sheilds?

6K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  mettler 
#1 ·
Who sells the plastic barrier sheets that go between the door panels and the metal door? I checked JBG and did not see them. Searching here yielded nothing.

#3 ·
I would use a garbage bag cut open...just make sure it's the thicker "contractor" type. That way you can get it to stretch over the armrest mount.

#8 ·
garbage back is too thin, get a roll of plastic sheeting (a 10x25ft 6mil at lowes is $23) its used as a vapor barrier in construction, same intention as in a vehicle. Use some 3M strip caulk around the perimeter and a few contact points in the center, then apply the sheeting. the 3m strip caulk doesnt dry up and seals nicely.

#9 ·
I use the wrapping that car bumper covers come in. It is a plastic skin on one side and thin closed cell foam on the other. It is a Vapor barrier and sound barrier in one. I then duct tape it all the way around the edges

#10 ·
i just ripped it all out and never looked back. no issues yet

#13 ·
Hadn't put it in yet but I'm wanting to use "plastic corrugated cardboard"
like political signs are made from. :) Other outdoor signs are being made
from it too it seems, my wife was given a sheet at a convenience store
by the clerk taking a sign down. She knew I wanted it for "her" Bronco. ;)

Alvin in AZ

#16 ·
Cool, Gak. :)
My plan is to just make the plastic "cardboard" a small L shape.
Going to put some P&S on the plastic after seeing your picture.

Inside...

Anybody on FSB brace their doors besides Butthead?
1/2" square pipe popped riveted to the inside...

...it's -way- more solid than it was but still too floppy. :/
I ain't licked yet. ;)

Alvin in AZ

#17 ·
Anybody on FSB brace their doors besides Butthead?
Yes :toothless

The light green bar is a steel fence post, runs from the top of the door to the bottom. Did that back in the '90s.

:thumbup

#19 ·
The vapor barrier keeps the cold breeze out. Usually you feel it around the door handle when its cold out. I like the idea of using a shower curtain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.