Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Should Ford produce new Bronco/ bring the bronco back?

5K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  LarryP 
#1 ·
Thought I could make a fun intresting thread maybe see what everyone's thoughts are on the subject, maybe suggestions on what you would do to create a "ford tuff" of road Capeable like the raptor topless truck..

#6 ·
Theh are going to make it gay. They started to make them gay in 1980...then as years progressed they got gayer and gayer by doing little things to make it gayer. From the twin craption beam to little stuff to attract it for new aged folks like a visor with your own makeup parlour built in it. Dont get me wrong..ac is great and I will fix mine in my 79 (even though I dont use it much), or having nice leather seats.

But they need to introduce back the solid axle and put some deaver superflex coils in it for a smooth ride. 300 would be nice for them to put in it but its dead and gone. Its more about fuel efficiency today rather than power. They will make it GAY looking like most new cars look like today....especially that SMART car.

The Bronco is dead. Try to save as many as you can before they get sent to the metal yard and turnedl. into somethinh gay like the Expedition with its stupid rear air bags

#7 ·
I've seen pictures of 2 different concept Broncos in the last 10 years. In my humble opinion they are a far stretch from the Broncos we own. They are so retrofitted body-wise they look nothing like the originals. While it was considered, I think the last time it was forgotten because it was during the big "trade in your gas guzzler for 2 grand in trade in value" days. Hard to bring a vehicle back that might get mediocre mileage considering tree huggers would flip. Just my thoughts

#9 ·
I dont think Ford is willing to cater to such a small potential customer base as all of us. If they made it based on the F250 Super Duty, it would be a fantastic truck. But its not gonna happen. It would make far too much sense. And we know they dont do anything that makes sense any more.

#11 ·
It would be really cool if they based it on the Excursion, I liked the Centurion, I like the Excursion can't go wrong there. Have to see if I can find anything elsewhere on that idea.
As far as the concepts I've seen,

Solid, give it a 6.2 and remove any and all vinyl/ crazy paint then I can like where this is going... :thumbup
Hmm, what was the concept back in '04?

Kill it with fire!!! :barf

#14 ·
Looks like no versions of the new Bronco concept's tops comes off.. THAT'S WHAT MAKES A BRONCO A BRONCO. TOPLESS!

CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?

#16 ·
I'm thinking they would either make it a box on wheels biased on the first broncos, similar to scion Xb just 4x4 and maybe toess but that would be stupid but I figure they would do something dumb like that for example the ford flex... Who designs for these guys now days some japs or did they resurect someone that loved station wagons?

#19 ·
The Japanese make some good stuff. But in general, the population wants something more fuel efficient; Broncos are really not that. When a new model vehicle can get 27+ mpgs, has a warranty, and does not need nothing so it can be dependable....people look at that. Broncos are heavy nor aerodynamic, so in the end are not what people really want when the world's economy is like it is.

The new concept Bronco looks to be made to be more aerodynamic and also be more fuel efficient, plus it is usually way lighter than our Broncos.

Companies aren't going to make a vehicle in mass production that people will not buy...especially if it has bad gas mileage.

Now if the gas was at a lower price and people had enough of money to afford to drive it and pay for their bills, then they wouldn't mind having a Bronco that is not aerodynamic.

#17 ·
The did create the raptor and I don't think it gets good gas mileage but its making good money not to mention all these people driving these powerless 4dr jeeps that get horrible mileage, i think it would be a good idea if they could get the right designer and look.
the centuron would be close if it were topless and had a lot more aggressive ruff look to it, people like accessories, customizing or I do anyway.
I personally would want a utility that i could take off road camp hike and work with it like they said if they braised it on the f-250 in a way and had a backing to it where people could buy or add awesome heavy duty aggressive Offroad look to it i think that it would be a hit.

#18 ·
It would definitely be a hit, but the powers that be never risk their ass on something like this. they would rather build some crap box thing that they THINK will appeal to teenagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.