Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Tail Light Wiring Issues

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AFBronco235 
#1 ·
Okay, here is the situation. My right turn signal won't blink, but my left one does, so I don't think its the blinker module. Also, my hazard lights won't flash. They just come on and stay on. I did have to rip out some wiring that the PO had installed. Or I should say, tried to install. The idiot tried connecting one of the wires to the air shocks air line! Anyways, he also decided to cut and strip the wires in a way that I can't even begin to describe. So I had to rewire the lights. I'm fairly certain that I got it all put back together.

I'm gonna head outside and look it over again in a few hours to double check, but I'd like ot hear your input on this. If nothing was flashing, I'd just replace the blinker module, but since the left is blinking, I'm not sure what is wrong. :whiteflag

#2 ·
I'm having a somewhat similar issue, where sometimes my pass side brake light doesn't come on, and sometimes that signal doesn't work (turn or hazard). I did some searching, and apparently strange things can happen when the turn signal switch is going out. I tried kinda wiggling the turn signal stick, and sure enough, brake and turn came on. I'll replace it eventually, but they aren't as cheap as you'd think.

#3 ·
Turns out, it was the flasher. The case was cracked, so I replaced it. All seems to be working fine now.

#4 ·
Well, looks like I'll be tearing apart the steering column after all. The same problem happened again today. I'm gonna check the contacts in the column and hopefully, its something I can fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.