Dyer Lane - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: SOLD the F-150.
Dyer Lane

Anyone ever driven down it? Me and some friends drove down it tonight and it was pretty scary. We saw brake lights in front of us and then we looked up again and they disappeared. We were driving back the other way and this dark black shadowy figure jumped in front of the trucks, so we were driving like a bat out of hell to get out of there. We turned the corner and heard this flapping noise like a bird of something and we look up in the trees and see what looked like a huge bat/jeeper's creepers type thing. It was so freaky. Any one else ever gone down it?

Quote:
Dyer Lane

H.P.I. investigated a road called ``Dyer Lane`` in Antelope, CA.

Dyer and Kasser , Antelope

History:

Dyer Lane can be accessed from Watt Avenue, between Center High School and where Watt ends in Antelope. Dyer Lane leads directly into Tan Woods Road, and then into Kasser Road. These roads are supposedly haunted. Whether they are actually haunted or not, they are still pretty creepy. Large trash such as old couches and refrigerator boxes litter the sides of the roads, while the roads themselves are often covered in chalk graffiti including satanic messages, racist hate speech, and outlines of bodies. Most of this can be seen on Tan Woods Road. Probably the creepiest thing about these roads is that they don`t seem to actually lead anywhere. Kasser Road just ends at 16th Street in Elverta. The two roads off of Dyer Lane, labeled here as ``driveways,`` are gated off, and appear to lead to abandoned houses out in the middle of the field. Outside of those, and a few houses along Kasser Road, there does not seem to be any apparent purpose for these roads. In the mid-80`s Bill Mullen, a Rio Linda High School student, was killed on Dyer Lane in a racially charged gang fight.

Reported paranormal activity:

In the 30s and 40s the KKK would frequent this area. There was once a cop killed on this stretch of road. Some people think they see that ghostly cop in his ghostly police car, thundering down the road with his lights on. As the ghost police car gets closer, it dissipates into thin air. Other witnesses tell of feeling ``creepy``, hearing voices, and random cold spots. Rumor has it that if you come here at night, park your vehicle at the corner where Tan Woods Road turns into Kasser Road, turn off the ignition and the lights, your car will not start again.

Findings:

Sound of contemporary rock music that faded away, source unknown
Sweet smell that appears and then disappears
Orb movement on video
Pictures of orbs
EVP

Conclusion:

No definitive evidence was found of any paranormal activity at this investigation.

Equipment Used:

Video cameras
Digital cameras
Walkie-talkies
CLICK ME

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:43 AM

I died there one time.

I WHEEL BY BRAILLE
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:52 AM
rolling Rolling ROLLING....

Bronco Info: 93 Cherokee
hell get directions and a bunch of us and I will go.

Tim

Newest token Jeep owner....

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 11:45 AM

Bronco Info: '90 XLT 351W
someone say road trip?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Engineer

Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer
Sounds pretty cool

1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 351W 2.5" RC Front Lift. JBG 3" Rear Springs. 17" M/T Classic III's and 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T II, 4.56 gears trac-loc f/r. Street Toy
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 01:37 PM

Bronco Info: 86, 5.0, AOD, D44 SAS, 9"
Never been down it, will have to check it out. Antelope is a wonderful area...
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 04:47 PM

Bronco Info: '89 Bronco XLT w/ I6, 5spd, 4" D44 SAS 4.09 and 10.25 4.10 ARBs
Some raciest SOB road thatg is supposed to be haunted? I'd take my truck down it, with a base ball bat in the back

Lifted '89 Ford Bronco w/ 5spd & doubler - Representing Ford's I6 Stump Pullers!
UC4x4.com * http://www.supermotors.net/9090 * Follow my SAS buildup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoxviii View Post
The goal here is to fix the problem, not treat the symptoms.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

You just go down Watt Avenue until you pass Center High School, and it's just a little bit down Watt from there. Should be on the left hand side. The high school will be to the right.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 10:04 AM

Bronco Info: 1995 Ford Bronco XLT 302, Pacesetter exhaust, MSD Cap/Rotor,Coil, Ford Racing wires
Gotta love Google maps

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=19&iwloc=addr

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally used up and worn out, shouting
'...man,what a ride!'
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 06:48 PM

Bronco Info: 1985 XLT, D44 solid axle, 38" TSLs
Pretty close to my place, but I've never been down the road. Heard about it, but I've never really been into those kind of thrills. Maybe we should make a m&g out of it?

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics...Even if you win, you're still retarded
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

We ended up going back out there last night at like 11, and nothing really happened, but we took some pics and caught some orbs on camera. We went back out there at around 1 this morning, and drove down it again. Nothing really happened except for this weird plane (we think) flew over with like 8 spotlights on it on the bottom. We went back again tonight at 10 and took hella pictures and caught hella orbs on film. It's pretty weird out there. You get the creeps just driving down it, yet alone getting out and taking pictures.

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 01:31 AM

Bronco Info: '81 lifted on 36" TSLs, built 302, full exhaust, gettin ready for SAS.
Been out there a bunch of times, actualy used to get drunk out there in high school. Also broke in the back of my Bronco on that road,lol. Anyway I have seen shadows and creepy sounds but nothing crazy. A few of us walked down that road around 1am with no light and the hair on my neck kept rising and I got this really creepy feeling. Dyers lane has some history that's for sure, not to mention that the road was used for lynching also. There are a few trees still standing that were used for lynching regularly and you can see where the ropes were hung. Not worth a trip from SoCal if you ask me but come check it out if you want, just pm us Sacramento guys!

shit'l buff out
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 01:31 AM

Hell I never even heard of it, but I drive Watt just about every time I'm in Sacramento so next time I'm out that way I'll check it out.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Yeah went back in the daylight today, nothing much happened. And tonight we went again, actually just got back. We went out there and nothing happened. But you do get a creepy feeling just turning onto the street because there are no street lights whatsoever and it's darker than hell out there. I got what appears to be 2 beady red eyes in one picture tonight. I heard that if you go out there between 12 am and 3 am on all hallows eve, then you can see the spirits hanging in the nooses on the trees.

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:11 AM
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE

Bronco Info: 94 xlt 302. 4 in lift 3in body lift and 35's.
i use to live in north highlands. go down dyers lane and after you make the right hand turn.( it will be your second turn) about 1/4 mile or so is the old house the was there. rumor has it that the old owner hung her kids and then herself from that tree. also if you sit at eh right hand turn you might get lucky and see red lights or orbs coming down the street. also from in that corner should still be a old cattle ramp.

use to drag race out there in high school

94 bronco XLT
36x12.50x15 swamper tsl
tuff country 4" suspension lift
3 in PA body lift

http://azrockrat.4t.com/index.html
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:25 AM

Bronco Info: '81 lifted on 36" TSLs, built 302, full exhaust, gettin ready for SAS.
Yeah same here on the street racing. I used to take my 89 5.0 stang out there until the cops started coming out then we moved down to the airport off elkhorn,lol. I'm glad I sold that thing and got my BKO cause I know I would have killed myself in that thing.

shit'l buff out
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:30 AM
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE

Bronco Info: 94 xlt 302. 4 in lift 3in body lift and 35's.
we raced there alot. i think we should tell him about the old cemetery right there off watt right before dyers lane.

94 bronco XLT
36x12.50x15 swamper tsl
tuff country 4" suspension lift
3 in PA body lift

http://azrockrat.4t.com/index.html
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, we found the cemetary in the daylight earlier.
Man I hella want a Fox Body 5.0 Stang if I could afford it. I'm happy with my F150 though.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:46 AM
TTB Will Survive

Bronco Info: 96, 5.8l, ARB's, 6"/ext radis arms, 35's, K&N Intk sytm, 3" Exhst, Trans Go, 10k Wnch, Cstm Bmpr
When I fist moved to sac, I heard that some girl swevered and crashed her car there into another car and than into a tree or something and than she died. the other car that got hit said they thought they saw a person run across the road. you know how the stories get bigger and bigger. so every since I have lived in sacramento I have heard many stories of kids, people, hangings, etc., happening out there.

96' EB 351W Trans Go Shift Kit ARB's frnt/bk 4.56 Cstm steering-1.5 dom tube 1 ton Chevy tie rod ends Hypertech Prgrmr K&N Cold Air Intake systm w/snrkel 35" tires 6" lift 5" skyjacker leafs Bilsteins 3" Exhaust front to back Cstm front & rear Bmpr Cstm skid plate and rear diff skid plate 10k Mile Mrker winch Confer Rack systm w/cstm mods & 6-130w lights front & top Lights on side back & under dual battery Saginaw Swap F450 brake systm
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 12:00 AM

I was talking to a friend and he heard that this guy used to run people off the road back in the 70s. Its funny how many stories there are on Dyers Lane. He also said something about the bell at the school and how they would ring it during a lynching and also to warn when people were coming down the road.

shit'l buff out

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > West Coast Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode