Bronco Prerunner - $1000 (Costa Mesa)
Reply to: email@example.com
Date: 2008-12-20, 1:21PM PST
1989 Fullsize Bronco Prerunner
$1,000 FIRM. This is a loss for me, but I just found a MUST HAVE project and I need to sell the Bronco to fund the new sale ASAP.
Strong running fuel injected 5.8L, auto trans, and working 4x4 with a new Borg Warner xfer. The engine was built up, not sure to what specs, but it is definitely greater than stock. Freeway driven two hours at 70+mph and the temp gauge never climbed at all
I received this truck in trade, and really don't have the time or money to put into into a second Bronco right now. This truck has a TON of custom fab work and would make a GREAT foundation for a nice toy. Honestly if the wife would let me keep it, I would.
* Glass front clip and subframe - Prerunner fenders, grill, headlight assembly. Pass fender needs a little glass work, driver's in good condition, front pieces near new condition
* Autofab front suspension with 4" lift spring, dual shock mount coil buckets and extended radius arms
* Fully boxed stock-width beams. May be cut and turned already - I'm not pro enough to tell
* Custom rear leaf suspension with dual shock mounts and fully frame welded cage
* Rear Locker
* Full welded rollover cage including dash
* Bucket race seats
* Front prerunner tube bumper with skid plate
* Rear tube bumper with 3 hitch mounted tow points
* Doors gutted
* Interior stripped, still has rear bench seat in good condition
* Pushbutton ignition
* New and newer steering and front end components
* Dual cats look new or newer and muffler is aggressive and sounds good
* Removable fiberglass top
* Its a Bronco
* When the previous owner drove without pins, the hood came off on the freeway and spidered the windshield as a final goodbye gesture
* All shocks are obsolete and need to be updated
* Steering wheel lock busted
* Interior is "rustic" - this thing is meant to hit the desert and survive, not to pick up your date in
* Small oil leak
This truck was meant to run hard, and looks like it. Don't get me wrong, the panels are all pretty straight and paint is decent, but if you are looking for something turnkey beautiful to show off to your girlfriend, this is not for you. If you are looking for a truck to spend a small amount of time and money on, and have a bitchin toy to DRIVE, come and get it.
Like I said, there is a lot of custom work on this truck, and she would make a great foundation to build on. This thing was wheeled in current condition at Glamis, and honestly will require very little to bulletproof. $1,000 takes her!