Lost Coast Pre Run - Ford Bronco Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By m3dragon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Lost Coast Pre Run

Lost Coast Pre Run was to verify what trails could be used to make a complete loop along the Northern California Coast. The pre run covered 340 miles of which a lot of it lead to locked gates and dead ends. The final road and trail tour that has been posted offers a great trip to see some amazing sights as well as stops to be social and get to know your fellow travelers.

See the full album of pre run images here: http://www.raddrives.com/albums/2015...Coast-Pre-Run/

The images below are of the pre run done as a last minute family trip. The start of the pre run had lots of fun back roads which sadly were very rough and not good for those who have sports cars.

After some pavement, we came to the first open stretch of dirt trail. This is a county road, which was fun and had some great views of the mountain range.

The dirt trail ends right at the coast where we turned north to follow HWY 1. For those who have ever done this section of HWY 1 you know how amazing the sights are.

We made a quick restroom stop in Mendocino as well as to allow our 14 month old to get out of the car seat for a little.

We reached the main section of dirt trail past Fort Bragg where the trail was very tight and windy. This was as fun section of trail and lead to Usla beach.

The second trail past Usla beach is more open as well as leads to a great overlook of the cost.

http://www.raddrives.com/albums/2015-Lost_Coast-Pre-Run/slides/LostCoast-Pre%2841%29.jpg[/img]

The end of the run to Eureka took us along the shoreline before making our way back inland to end a very long but fun day.

PJCHANNING likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 06:04 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 Eddie bauer 302. Semi
Garage
I wish I'da seen this before it happened. Please let me know the next time you're making such a trip. My wife and I (possibly the kid too) will join you.

'90 Eddie Bauer 302 5.0 >250k, class E, Stock wheels (if it ain't broke...) rebuilt under hood (oem). HD rotors. R-134A conversion. Flowmaster and 3" single chamber. Custom fishing pole rack. 145k '96 e4oD upgrade. 33" BFG A/T. Modern Am/FM/Bt/CD/USB. 1500w amp/ sub combo. Custom Roof rack. OE spare tire carrier modified to hold stuff. Spot/flood light. Fog lights. Trail cam mount. Check out my build thread...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Best way to keep in the loop of events is to sign up on my email list or check the website for dates first of year. I will post events here as well and follow ups.

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > West Coast Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode