2009 Trip Calendar - Ford Bronco Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Need a Bumper?
 
Hefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monument, Colorado
Posts: 4,774
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco 7in SAS 38's 4.56 and rear detroit front e-locker, 72 bronco under construction
2009 Trip Calendar

It is exactly what it says.

Post up your wheeling trip ideas and plans and we'll put it on the calendar. Calendars will be posted for the current month and the following month.
(note this calendar is for event listings only not for trip planning or chatting. All information pertaining to the trips listed will be in individual treads.)





Hefty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Registered User
 
TdmayfieldIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 1,466
Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco, 05 SD Axles, Gm TBI, 3G, ect, 42" tsl's ect.
nice
TdmayfieldIV is offline  
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Fullsize Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 630
Bronco Info: Red/White '79 Custom-400, 435, 205. '86 EB beater, 302, 435, 208 stock on 35's, '95 XLT, 302, 5spd.
That looks great, Chris!
CS79bronco is offline  
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Need a Bumper?
 
Hefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monument, Colorado
Posts: 4,774
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco 7in SAS 38's 4.56 and rear detroit front e-locker, 72 bronco under construction
Calendar Updated!!

For info on China Wall on Feb 28th, PM me.

For info on Slaughterhouse look here http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/33-mountain-states-chapter/140017-whos-up-some-winter-wheeling.html or PM thesoundmaster
Hefty is offline  
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 01:42 AM
Registered User
 
loveshackle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Big Bear, CA
Posts: 150
Bronco Info: '78 Snowy Night camo
Moab, May 1-3, 2009.

Thread here.
loveshackle is offline  
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Need a Bumper?
 
Hefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monument, Colorado
Posts: 4,774
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco 7in SAS 38's 4.56 and rear detroit front e-locker, 72 bronco under construction
Well we had a really good Feb. 3 total wheeling trips that were all very successful. Great turnouts! Keep em' coming

March and April Calendars as up but empty. Post your planned trips or events
Hefty is offline  
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Need a Bumper?
 
Hefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monument, Colorado
Posts: 4,774
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco 7in SAS 38's 4.56 and rear detroit front e-locker, 72 bronco under construction
Calendar Updated.
March 28th 4pm
Meet and Greet BBQ at foxfire's (Russell Fox's) house

Address: 22889 E. Alamo LN. Aurora, CO 80015

P.M. foxfire for more details
Hefty is offline  
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Registered User
 
TdmayfieldIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 1,466
Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco, 05 SD Axles, Gm TBI, 3G, ect, 42" tsl's ect.
Gold camp this saturday (march 7th) meet at the bottom of gold camp road at 10:00 am

Should be me, rugger79 and a friend of mine or two.
TdmayfieldIV is offline  
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,128
Bronco Info: 89 XLT Bronco fullsize 4x4 two tone with 302 V8. 06 H2 Hummer supercharged 6.0 V8.
Sucks I'm moving the middle of this month..Though I doubt I'd be invited anyway.

However you guys have fun though and post lots of pics!
MYXD40 is offline  
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Registered User
 
TdmayfieldIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 1,466
Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco, 05 SD Axles, Gm TBI, 3G, ect, 42" tsl's ect.
you can come, I don't have a problem with you

Just bring the Bronc

Sorry Hefty, we will stop b.s'ing now
TdmayfieldIV is offline  
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 12:17 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,128
Bronco Info: 89 XLT Bronco fullsize 4x4 two tone with 302 V8. 06 H2 Hummer supercharged 6.0 V8.
Well if ya'll go before I move, I'll for sure go! I've been wanting to take the Bronco out offroad again! Nothing TOO extreme..I'm all stock lol
MYXD40 is offline  
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Fullsize Member
 
wileec's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Erie Colorado
Posts: 3,166
Bronco Info: 95 302 ZF5 4.56 w/Detroit in the back 33" tires, Sag swap, warn winch and Custom Soft Top
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
Gold camp this saturday (march 7th) meet at the bottom of gold camp road at 10:00 am

Should be me, rugger79 and a friend of mine or two.
Help. W(here)TF is Gold Camp Road and what kind of drive is it?

Always topless
wileec is offline  
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Need a Bumper?
 
Hefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monument, Colorado
Posts: 4,774
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco 7in SAS 38's 4.56 and rear detroit front e-locker, 72 bronco under construction
Td post up the info in another thread on meeting places etc. It should probably be at a gas station or Starbucks or something that everyone can find on GPS so an address would be good.

Matt, It's in Colo Springs on the west side near the Broadmoor. There are both upper and lower gold camp rds lower is essencially a dirt road that over looks the city, but a honda could do it. I haven't been on upper in a long time but it apparently goes through to Cripple creek. I would probably rate the trail at maybe a 2-3 at best. Like I said though, I haven't been in a long time!

Side note:
I don't care who comes and I'm sure most of the guys here don't give a crap either. Bring what ever vehicle you want. My brother comes on almost every trip I do in his Toyota truck. The last trips out saw Toyotas, Jeeps etc. We even had a stock Cherokee do China wall with only minor body damage. Pity parties will not be accepted nor will discrimination. We are here to have a good time and if there is any discrimination, dislike, or anything else that can get in the way of having a good time, LEAVE IT AT HOME! As well, most of our trips are based around families. Therefore please keep the language to a minimum on the trail. Be respectful as we have both women and children along. Drinking on the trail will absolutely not be tolerated! Now have fun!

Also: Check out the difficulty of the trails for yourself before you come out. http://www.Traildamage.comhas most of the trails listed. Know your limits and your vehicle limits. If you decide to come on a run the rest of the group will do their best to keep you from getting damage and assist in spotting. Please be respectful and remember that it is no one else's fault if you damage your vehicle. Do your own research prior to committing to a trail.
Hefty is offline  
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Fullsize Member
 
wileec's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Erie Colorado
Posts: 3,166
Bronco Info: 95 302 ZF5 4.56 w/Detroit in the back 33" tires, Sag swap, warn winch and Custom Soft Top
Garage
Chris, you should write disclaimers for a living

Always topless
wileec is offline  
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Need a Bumper?
 
Hefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monument, Colorado
Posts: 4,774
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco 7in SAS 38's 4.56 and rear detroit front e-locker, 72 bronco under construction
In a way I do. I own my own business and have to write disclaimers on all of my contracts and forms. They have held up in court on 2 occasions and when I had an attorney look at them he said he couldn't have written them better.
Hefty is offline  
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,128
Bronco Info: 89 XLT Bronco fullsize 4x4 two tone with 302 V8. 06 H2 Hummer supercharged 6.0 V8.
a lil thing to help out that I found to be great, on our Titan meet and greet/offroad adventure a couple weeks ago, we all met up at a Wal:)Mart and Home Depot. The back end of their parking lots were big enough to allow more than 5 trucks to park. Depending on the group size, may be kinda hard to park at a starbucks or gas station. And most the time the big stores with open parking lots are next to gas stations or starbucks!



Edit: I also wont be going to any events. I'm one to stand my ground but for such events like these I don't want to bring any bad times to the event based on how others feel towards me. I know I can control myself but I can't say the same for others..

However that said, everyone do have a great time!
MYXD40 is offline  
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Registered User
 
gary78bronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: santaquin ut
Posts: 339
Bronco Info: a little bend up from the rocks that get in my way
moab ut. april 5th-12th
gary78bronco is offline  
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Need a Bumper?
 
Hefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monument, Colorado
Posts: 4,774
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco 7in SAS 38's 4.56 and rear detroit front e-locker, 72 bronco under construction
Calendar update!

Goldcamp Rd. trip on march 7th cancelled!!!

Moab trip on April 5-12. pm gary78bronco for more info

Isn't that jeep safari week? Have you checked availability of rooms etc? Post a separate thread on the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYXD40 View Post
a lil thing to help out that I found to be great, on our Titan meet and greet/offroad adventure a couple weeks ago, we all met up at a Wal:)Mart and Home Depot. The back end of their parking lots were big enough to allow more than 5 trucks to park. Depending on the group size, may be kinda hard to park at a starbucks or gas station. And most the time the big stores with open parking lots are next to gas stations or starbucks!
The point was to make the meeting place somewhere everyone can easily find not the trail head.
Hefty is offline  
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered User
 
TdmayfieldIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 1,466
Bronco Info: 1979 Bronco, 05 SD Axles, Gm TBI, 3G, ect, 42" tsl's ect.
by the way, gold camp is the main trail but it has tons of side trails that get pretty tough. I was planning on just exploring the side roads. Sorry I had to cancel, some things came up.
TdmayfieldIV is offline  
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Owned 20 Years
 
Shadofax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: where havn't I lived? Now in Erie, CO
Posts: 17,225
Bronco Info: 95XLT351 E4OD SAS 44/ARB/Alloy shafts-joints. D60 rear/Detroit. 4wheel disc,35" KO2's, 4.56etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefty View Post
Td post up the info in another thread on meeting places etc. It should probably be at a gas station or Starbucks or something that everyone can find on GPS so an address would be good.

Matt, It's in Colo Springs on the west side near the Broadmoor. There are both upper and lower gold camp rds lower is essencially a dirt road that over looks the city, but a honda could do it. I haven't been on upper in a long time but it apparently goes through to Cripple creek. I would probably rate the trail at maybe a 2-3 at best. Like I said though, I haven't been in a long time!

Side note:
I don't care who comes and I'm sure most of the guys here don't give a crap either. Bring what ever vehicle you want. My brother comes on almost every trip I do in his Toyota truck. The last trips out saw Toyotas, Jeeps etc. We even had a stock Cherokee do China wall with only minor body damage. Pity parties will not be accepted nor will discrimination. We are here to have a good time and if there is any discrimination, dislike, or anything else that can get in the way of having a good time, LEAVE IT AT HOME! As well, most of our trips are based around families. Therefore please keep the language to a minimum on the trail. Be respectful as we have both women and children along. Drinking on the trail will absolutely not be tolerated! Now have fun!

Also: Check out the difficulty of the trails for yourself before you come out. http://www.Traildamage.comhas most of the trails listed. Know your limits and your vehicle limits. If you decide to come on a run the rest of the group will do their best to keep you from getting damage and assist in spotting. Please be respectful and remember that it is no one else's fault if you damage your vehicle. Do your own research prior to committing to a trail.
I know where you are headed with this overall Chris. But you should know that I have brought beer in the past, and if the destination has a nice lunch place, I might even bring some wine for the lunch. Now I'm not sure you are considering this "drinking on the trail", but I thought it worth mentioning. I do NOT think people should be downing beers or worse liquor in excess (getting out of hand), and certainly not while driving on the trail or in front of kids. I also don't like a bunch of foul language, and getting out of hand. So just wondering before we next ride a trail again.

To add to this though, I'd prefer folks that choose to pack guns keep them in their rig and NOT be showing them around. I have no problem with people packing, just keep it in your rig in a safe place unless there is some emergency.

I do like your ending disclaimer.....review trail before signing up, bring appropriate parts, recovery, etc. to do your part in making it through, know your limits, help and be helped.

Edit: oh, I also like a variety of vehicles. Always fun to see strengths and weaknesses. Have always wheeled in an open environment, never just bronco only. And really, I owned a YJ for 7 yrs, and an XJ before that.

______________________
Click my supermotors link for tech on TCase, SAS, OBA, Soft Top, Overhead Console, Stock bumper Winch install, much more..:
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/628



Shadofax is offline  
Reply

  Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Mountain States Chapter

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome