2016 East Coast Bronco Round Up - Page 11 - Ford Bronco Forum
 14Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Registered User
 
deathmobile2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 922
Bronco Info: 1978 XLT Ranger; 400, AT, 37" MTR's,4.88's & Lockers,5" Deavers, No Rust & No Knicknacks!
iTrader: (0)
Garage
Forgot to add......373 days to go.........next years date is 22-25 June 2017.....

deathmobile2 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #202 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 11:22 AM
Registered User
 
nineveh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Swarthmore, PA
Posts: 230
Bronco Info: 86xlt, 5.8l/frt:d60, no-spin, 4.88/rear:d60 35sp shafts, spool, 4.88/susp:econoline van leafs f&r
iTrader: (0)
l had a great time wheeling with Colin, Eric, Jim and his NY crew, and Rich (deathmobile2). Congrats to Jim & Rich for 1st & 2nd place in the show & shine. Rich had the absolutely cleanest engine & engine bay I've seen. I would have entered too, but I cracked a tail light earlier in the day.

Jim also won the best picture with the 50th anniversary banner award. So congratulations again Jim.

That elitist thing kills me. An early bronco guy told Rich and me that full size guys were elitist snobs. I always thought we were a bunch of cheapskates who get all their parts from the junkyard, except for wheels & tires.
nineveh is offline  
post #203 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 04:39 PM
Fullsize Member
 
silent one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northport,N.Y.
Posts: 6,798
Bronco Info: 1995 sport,6''SAS 37's streetlocks 4.56's ARB,BroncoAir rear bumper HeftyFabworks front bumper
iTrader: (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineveh View Post
I would have entered too, but I cracked a tail light earlier in the day.
I don't know why, but this had me for like 5 minutes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nineveh View Post
That elitist thing kills me. An early bronco guy told Rich and me that full size guys were elitist snobs. I always thought we were a bunch of cheapskates who get all their parts from the junkyard, except for wheels & tires.
I don't know where that comment would even come from.

Thanks for the comment Darrel, it was great wheeling with you and everyone else this past week.

I looked at the footage from my gopro and a lot of it is trash, going to take me a liitle bit to go through it all and make something out of it


KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
Silent One's Supermotors Page
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
silent one is online now  
 
post #204 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 07:34 PM
Registered User
 
nineveh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Swarthmore, PA
Posts: 230
Bronco Info: 86xlt, 5.8l/frt:d60, no-spin, 4.88/rear:d60 35sp shafts, spool, 4.88/susp:econoline van leafs f&r
iTrader: (0)
I always have a good time wheeling with you Jim. I was surprised your bronco came out looking as good as it did at the end of the day Friday. Can't remember if it was trail 19 or 20, but it was pretty tight in there.
nineveh is offline  
post #205 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 08:48 PM
Fullsize Member
 
silent one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northport,N.Y.
Posts: 6,798
Bronco Info: 1995 sport,6''SAS 37's streetlocks 4.56's ARB,BroncoAir rear bumper HeftyFabworks front bumper
iTrader: (16)
Yeah it was tight in there Darrel, my Bronco got a good beating on Friday, that was the hardest I ever wheeled it. I did get a chance to give it a quick wash and it got some good scratches in it.


KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
Silent One's Supermotors Page
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
silent one is online now  
post #206 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 10:51 PM
Fullsize Member
 
silent one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northport,N.Y.
Posts: 6,798
Bronco Info: 1995 sport,6''SAS 37's streetlocks 4.56's ARB,BroncoAir rear bumper HeftyFabworks front bumper
iTrader: (16)
I made a thread in the wheeling/trip section, if you have pics, post them up over there.


KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
Silent One's Supermotors Page
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
silent one is online now  
post #207 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 02:59 AM
OX1
Fullsize Member
 
OX1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: central jersey
Posts: 3,076
iTrader: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineveh View Post
l had a great time wheeling with Colin, Eric, Jim and his NY crew, and Rich (deathmobile2). Congrats to Jim & Rich for 1st & 2nd place in the show & shine. Rich had the absolutely cleanest engine & engine bay I've seen. I would have entered too, but I cracked a tail light earlier in the day.

Jim also won the best picture with the 50th anniversary banner award. So congratulations again Jim.

That elitist thing kills me. An early bronco guy told Rich and me that full size guys were elitist snobs. I always thought we were a bunch of cheapskates who get all their parts from the junkyard, except for wheels & tires.
Could have been from earlier in the week. You know how Rep and I roll, like steamrollers through the trails at usually 10 times the speed of your average wheeler. We do like to have fun sometimes with the fullsize thing and someone who doesn't know us might have taken it to heart.

79 XLT, 400/C6/mog 404's/42 IROKS, 8.5" lift.
79 XLT, 400/C6/D60-D44 8 lug, 2" lift, 35 BFG AT
74 Bronc build, 408/C6/Black Box/205/406 mogs/43 SX stickies

OX1 is offline  
post #208 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 11:46 AM
Registered User
 
nineveh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Swarthmore, PA
Posts: 230
Bronco Info: 86xlt, 5.8l/frt:d60, no-spin, 4.88/rear:d60 35sp shafts, spool, 4.88/susp:econoline van leafs f&r
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
Could have been from earlier in the week. You know how Rep and I roll, like steamrollers through the trails at usually 10 times the speed of your average wheeler. We do like to have fun sometimes with the fullsize thing and someone who doesn't know us might have taken it to heart.
Maybe that was it. He also said something about the 75 post thing. I think he just wanted to bust our balls a little bit. Rich and I called each other "elitist" for next 2 days, so we were able to squeeze a little bit of humor out of it
nineveh is offline  
post #209 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 05:08 PM
ate lug
 
reptillikus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 7,737
Bronco Info: 88 Bronco/96 Bronco/96 F250
iTrader: (4)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
Could have been from earlier in the week. You know how Rep and I roll, like steamrollers through the trails at usually 10 times the speed of your average wheeler. We do like to have fun sometimes with the fullsize thing and someone who doesn't know us might have taken it to heart.
I didnt think of that. Usually me & ox make fun of each other & egg each other on all day while wheelin, could been off-putting to some.


I did get my pics from Monday & Tuesday online. Just got my buddy's pics from Monday, so I gotta get those resized too, then ill post em up.
reptillikus is offline  
post #210 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Fullsize Member
 
silent one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Northport,N.Y.
Posts: 6,798
Bronco Info: 1995 sport,6''SAS 37's streetlocks 4.56's ARB,BroncoAir rear bumper HeftyFabworks front bumper
iTrader: (16)
I'll be honest, the time I rode with Darrel behind the 2 of you guys, I thought you guys were crazy the way you were driving.


KEEP CALM AND BRONCO ON
Silent One's Supermotors Page
January 2010 FOTM Winner
@silentjde on instagram
silent one is online now  
post #211 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 08:22 AM
ate lug
 
reptillikus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 7,737
Bronco Info: 88 Bronco/96 Bronco/96 F250
iTrader: (4)
Garage
reptillikus is offline  
post #212 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 08:52 PM
OX1
Fullsize Member
 
OX1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: central jersey
Posts: 3,076
iTrader: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent one View Post
I'll be honest, the time I rode with Darrel behind the 2 of you guys, I thought you guys were crazy the way you were driving.

Comes from overbuilt rigs and wheeling the same stuff for 15+ years. Have to keep it new and interesting somehow

79 XLT, 400/C6/mog 404's/42 IROKS, 8.5" lift.
79 XLT, 400/C6/D60-D44 8 lug, 2" lift, 35 BFG AT
74 Bronc build, 408/C6/Black Box/205/406 mogs/43 SX stickies

OX1 is offline  
post #213 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 10:50 PM
Fullsize Member
 
Scoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, TX & Cuchara, CO
Posts: 3,223
Bronco Info: 78 Custom, 84 Custom, 69 Half Cab, 74 Ranger - stock, 76 Trail Rig
iTrader: (3)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent one View Post
I'll be honest, the time I rode with Darrel behind the 2 of you guys, I thought you guys were crazy the way you were driving.
Rep and Ox drive crazy?? Naw . . .


Well, thinking about it, yes they do!!
Scoop is offline  
post #214 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 10:42 AM
ate lug
 
reptillikus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 7,737
Bronco Info: 88 Bronco/96 Bronco/96 F250
iTrader: (4)
Garage


Its all in good fun

Im getting ready to start my teardown/rebuild, so unless theres a trip before winter, you probably wont see my rig again as it sits now. The next version is gonna be done up nicer, so I doubt ill wheel it quite as hard (right off the bat anyway )
reptillikus is offline  
post #215 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 01:26 PM
OX1
Fullsize Member
 
OX1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: central jersey
Posts: 3,076
iTrader: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptillikus View Post


Its all in good fun

Im getting ready to start my teardown/rebuild, so unless theres a trip before winter, you probably wont see my rig again as it sits now. The next version is gonna be done up nicer, so I doubt ill wheel it quite as hard (right off the bat anyway )


79 XLT, 400/C6/mog 404's/42 IROKS, 8.5" lift.
79 XLT, 400/C6/D60-D44 8 lug, 2" lift, 35 BFG AT
74 Bronc build, 408/C6/Black Box/205/406 mogs/43 SX stickies

OX1 is offline  
post #216 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 08:39 AM
No avatar required
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sellersville, PA
Posts: 12,125
Bronco Info: Mods don't have Broncos silly
iTrader: (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptillikus View Post
I didnt think of that. Usually me & ox make fun of each other & egg each other on all day while wheelin, could been off-putting to some.


I did get my pics from Monday & Tuesday online. Just got my buddy's pics from Monday, so I gotta get those resized too, then ill post em up.
One of the things I miss the most is the banter and ball busting.

95 XLT Stock
bnkrtstk is online now  
post #217 of 217 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 03:35 PM
Registered User
 
tasker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NH, the granite state
Posts: 42
Bronco Info: 73 sport, 94 Eddie Bauer
iTrader: (0)
good to see you guys out there and representin! Glad you all came home with some hardware and some good stories. Hopefully you enjoyed the raffle as well...As for myself, should of looked better at the "frog hole"...better luck next time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	froghole.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	83273  
tasker is offline  
Reply

  Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Northeast Chapter

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome