poconos pa mechanic? - Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 96 XLT, 5.8L Stock(for now), LEB160 Amp Alt, 9mm ford racing wires, custom exhaust-> flowmaster 40
poconos pa mechanic?

So the other day I swapped a Saginaw.pump in New steering gears in and a hydro boost unit. Ran it for a few days and then went to pa on vacation with the family. On the way it sounds like the Saginaw pump is going down the tubes. Anyone have any recommendations on a mechanic in the area that won't kill me$ wise? Most of my tools are home and I'll I've got is my little set and since I've got the family I don't want to take time away from them.

Thanks a ton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 06:32 PM
Charlie doesn't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
first thing I would do is check to see if it's topped off. Turn the steering wheel lock to lock several times and add fluid as needed. you might have some air trapped in there.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 96 XLT, 5.8L Stock(for now), LEB160 Amp Alt, 9mm ford racing wires, custom exhaust-> flowmaster 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermil01 View Post
first thing I would do is check to see if it's topped off. Turn the steering wheel lock to lock several times and add fluid as needed. you might have some air trapped in there.
Hey jermil fluid is full and I've turned it lock to lock well over twenty times already. No air coming up into the reservoir. Any other idea?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 08:15 AM
Charlie doesn't surf!!

Bronco Info: 1992 xlt, 351EFI, .040, E4OD, D44 SAS w/Trutrac,Detroit locked 8.8, MAF conv, Tweeced
Garage
That's all I got. Not like you could have reversed the lines, so you may have a bum pump..what kind of sound is it making?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 08:47 AM

Bronco Info: 1987 Ford Bronco XLT 302 w/AOD 32 x 11.5 BFG MT's k&n filter
if it was an old used pump...the possibility could always be that it was shot...even though the pump is better then the stock ones we are offered on our broncs doesn't mean it doesn't wear out...everything eventually gets put out to pasture.

"I never met a fish I didn't like. "
digger159
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger159 View Post
if it was an old used pump...the possibility could always be that it was shot...even though the pump is better then the stock ones we are offered on our broncs doesn't mean it doesn't wear out...everything eventually gets put out to pasture.
We had a problem with the one we were putting in and replaced it with a cardone remanned. only thing i could get at that time. sounded like low fluid but its full. Its a really loud whine when turning and when going above an idle.

but im back home now and will be pulling it this week and replacing it.

thanks aton guys

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Northeast Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode