Trump saves 1100 jobs - Page 4 - Ford Bronco Forum
 37Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Bronco Snob
 
RicoBronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Spokane
Posts: 1,368
Bronco Info: 1992 XLT 351W E4OD 4" lift TRE flip 130 amp 3G Alt Saginaw P.S. BFG MT KM2 315 75 16
iTrader: (0)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey350 View Post
"Never let the fact get in the way of a good argument"

Carrier getting $7M in tax breaks from Indiana to keep jobs:
The company that owns Carrier will receive $7 million worth of tax breaks over 10 years from Indiana to keep 1,000 jobs in the state, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.Dec 1, 2016

Carrier got tax breaks from INDIANA, not the federal government. No "special treatment" from the federal government.
"You're missing the forest for the trees"

my mistake, I should have edited that out, not tax breaks from the Federal Govt. (though Trump takes all the credit and Pence is about as close to the Presidency as it gets) Threats from the Fed Govt of a 35% tariff at the border. As well as the possibility that the parent company of Carrier, United Technologies, could lose 5.6 billion in defense contracts with the Fed Govt. So it's not like Trump is insulated from the deal because, technically, the tax incentives are from the state.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a higher degree of both. - Milton Friedman -
RicoBronco is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Fullsize Member
 
White Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Arizona. U.S.A.
Posts: 995
Bronco Info: 96' XL 347ci E4od 4:10's 35x12.50x15 M/T MTZ's and some other stuff
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey350 View Post
"Never let the fact get in the way of a good argument"

Carrier getting $7M in tax breaks from Indiana to keep jobs:
The company that owns Carrier will receive $7 million worth of tax breaks over 10 years from Indiana to keep 1,000 jobs in the state, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.Dec 1, 2016

Carrier got tax breaks from INDIANA, not the federal government. No "special treatment" from the federal government.

Here's a Little Reminder about that "Great Carrier Deal".

https://thinkprogress.org/carrier-au...297#.2a6ir37va

Hmm, How to Really Keep Jobs in the United States?

Oh Crap, Another Sunday Driver.

Last edited by White Dragon; 01-11-2017 at 10:26 PM.
White Dragon is offline  
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:21 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Redford, MI
Posts: 3,366
Bronco Info: '96 Black 302 XLT - '94 Green 351 E. B. both are E4OD, 3.55 axles, 31 10.50x15
iTrader: (3)
Next you will be quoting BuzzFeed and CNN. Man up, you lost the election.
If you want to celebrate something, celebrate with the 19 million additional folks that are now on the government food subsidy dole. If you work, it's funded with your money, if you don't work, I hope the libtards support you. Those folks don't want jobs, why should they care if the jobs leave the US?

"The simplest solution is usually the best solution" - Occam's Razor

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein
Mikey350 is offline  
post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:26 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 958
Bronco Info: 89 F350 42's / 78 Bronco 460 35's / 79 Bronco XLT stock
iTrader: (4)
I look at it like this:

They were going to shutter the plant and move to Mexico. Now they're not. Whether they saved those jobs or not, it's still a benefit to the U.S. The gas, water and electric supplied to that plant will come from the U.S., not Mexico, thus benefitting American workers, albeit indirectly. The raw materials moved in and finished product moved out will benefit American truckers and rail workers, not Mexicans. When the plant machinery breaks down or the roof leaks or a pothole in the driveway needs to be filled, it will benefit American workers, not Mexicans. They will still need management, building maintenance workers, security guards, etc......

It may not be a win-win, but it's still a win in my book.
Mikey350 and RicoBronco like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
"voting for hilary because she's a woman, is like eating shit because it looks like chocolate."
Mudman78 is offline  
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:16 AM
Fullsize Member
 
White Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Arizona. U.S.A.
Posts: 995
Bronco Info: 96' XL 347ci E4od 4:10's 35x12.50x15 M/T MTZ's and some other stuff
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey350 View Post
Next you will be quoting BuzzFeed and CNN. Man up, you lost the election.
If you want to celebrate something, celebrate with the 19 million additional folks that are now on the government food subsidy dole. If you work, it's funded with your money, if you don't work, I hope the libtards support you. Those folks don't want jobs, why should they care if the jobs leave the US?
My Sharing some information about something that is touted as "A Great Deal" and shows that it's Not Really a great deal has nothing to do with who Won the Election, but more about what these Corporations will do with their "New found Support" from the Govt. be it State or Federal.

Now just what does "Celebrating" with 19 million People being on "The Government Food Subsidy Dole" have to do with talking about how
Pres Elect Trump or V.P. Elect Pence "Saving 1100 Jobs" being shown to be Not as real as you might prefer?

I want the "United States" to be Successful on ALL FRONTS And bring Jobs back Home where they Belong...
In My opinion To many people have been and are currently getting Screwed by Big Business & Politicians alike.

What the hell is a "Libtard" anyway? someone who don't see thing like you?
BikerPepe` likes this.

Oh Crap, Another Sunday Driver.
White Dragon is offline  
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 12:51 AM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!
 
BikerPepe`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: N.E. WA
Posts: 32,768
Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
iTrader: (4)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey350 View Post
Next you will be quoting BuzzFeed and CNN. Man up, you lost the election.
If you want to celebrate something, celebrate with the 19 million additional folks that are now on the government food subsidy dole. If you work, it's funded with your money, if you don't work, I hope the libtards support you. Those folks don't want jobs, why should they care if the jobs leave the US?
I don't know who you think you're talking to Mikey but Rick (RicoBronco) is not that guy. Are you just so ready to take on a snowflake that you're seeing them everywhere? Are they hiding under your bed? "Man up, you lost the election." Seriously?!? How about... get a damn clue?
We both just exchanged comments about voting for Trump, not even a few posts back... FFS.
RicoBronco likes this.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
BikerPepe` is online now  
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:29 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Redford, MI
Posts: 3,366
Bronco Info: '96 Black 302 XLT - '94 Green 351 E. B. both are E4OD, 3.55 axles, 31 10.50x15
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
My Sharing some information about something that is touted as "A Great Deal" and shows that it's Not Really a great deal has nothing to do with who Won the Election, but more about what these Corporations will do with their "New found Support" from the Govt. be it State or Federal.
You think it is not a "Great Deal" because Trump helped facilitate it, if Hillary would have done the same thing, you would be kissing her vig-jay-jay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
Now just what does "Celebrating" with 19 million People being on "The Government Food Subsidy Dole" have to do with talking about how
Pres Elect Trump or V.P. Elect Pence "Saving 1100 Jobs" being shown to be Not as real as you might prefer?
Those 19 million don't care that 1100 (or even 10) jobs were saved, they just want the next deposit on the food stamp debit card. Jobs? we don't need no stinkin' jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
I want the "United States" to be Successful on ALL FRONTS And bring Jobs back Home where they Belong...
In My opinion To many people have been and are currently getting Screwed by Big Business & Politicians alike.
This we agree on, so I don't see why you would diss the jobs being saved. Jobs saved is good, Trump saving jobs is bad? I suspect a conflict, which way is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Dragon View Post
What the hell is a "Libtard" anyway? someone who don't see thing like you?
Kinda like porn, hard to define, but you know it when you see it. See if you resemble anything here:

Urban Dictionary: Libtard

"The simplest solution is usually the best solution" - Occam's Razor

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein
Mikey350 is offline  
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 01:38 AM
Bronco Snob
 
RicoBronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Spokane
Posts: 1,368
Bronco Info: 1992 XLT 351W E4OD 4" lift TRE flip 130 amp 3G Alt Saginaw P.S. BFG MT KM2 315 75 16
iTrader: (0)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman78 View Post
I look at it like this:

They were going to shutter the plant and move to Mexico. Now they're not. Whether they saved those jobs or not, it's still a benefit to the U.S. The gas, water and electric supplied to that plant will come from the U.S., not Mexico, thus benefitting American workers, albeit indirectly. The raw materials moved in and finished product moved out will benefit American truckers and rail workers, not Mexicans. When the plant machinery breaks down or the roof leaks or a pothole in the driveway needs to be filled, it will benefit American workers, not Mexicans. They will still need management, building maintenance workers, security guards, etc......

It may not be a win-win, but it's still a win in my book.
Of course this is all great. And it all can be achieved by, instead of singling out companies and giving them market advantage, simply lower the corporate tax rate and deregulate. That way Carrier as well as York, Lennox, Trane, and all air conditioner companies will have no need to move any production out of the country. Trump said he would like to see the corporate tax rate at 15%, and he is big on cutting the bureaucracy. My hope would be that he concentrate on that and what will be in the scope of his power, and not use threats and intimidation.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a higher degree of both. - Milton Friedman -
RicoBronco is online now  
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 11:49 PM
Fullsize Member
 
White Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Arizona. U.S.A.
Posts: 995
Bronco Info: 96' XL 347ci E4od 4:10's 35x12.50x15 M/T MTZ's and some other stuff
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey350 View Post
You think it is not a "Great Deal" because Trump helped facilitate it, if Hillary would have done the same thing, you would be kissing her vig-jay-jay.

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]Actually i thinks it's Not a "Great Deal" for several reasons.
1. Out of the 1100 Jobs "Saved" the Real numbers are far lower than what was presented as truth.
2. The Reality of the Corporation "Shifting" the layoffs to different plants at Indiana Taxpayers Expense.
3. Add Insult to Injury they decide Automate others and POW, More Jobs Gone. (Remember each job Gone =4 Live affected min)
4. Most Importantly, what Business does the Federal Govt have in Meddling in Corporate Affairs other than through Legal Regulation?

BTW, I would NOT kiss her vig-jay-jay nor nuttin else of hers, even with Your Mouth.
[/COLOR]

Those 19 million don't care that 1100 (or even 10) jobs were saved, they just want the next deposit on the food stamp debit card. Jobs? we don't need no stinkin' jobs.

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]Okayyyyyyyy,
Just how many of your Touted 19 Million do you think Lost Their Job to Corporate Greed & Off Shoring,
but lack the Training to find "Gainful Employment" Elsewhere?
Even with "Min wage" going up, is that enough to raise a Family beyond "Surviving"?
[/COLOR]

This we agree on, so I don't see why you would diss the jobs being saved. Jobs saved is good, Trump saving jobs is bad? I suspect a conflict, which way is it?

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]I'm Not Dissing Jobs being Saved.
I Am Dissing "Misrepresentation" of the Facts, I don't really care Who it is doing the misrepresenting.
If only 550 Jobs were Really Saved, Say 550 Not 1100.
[/COLOR]

Kinda like porn, hard to define, but you know it when you see it. See if you resemble anything here:

Urban Dictionary: Libtard
[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]So,
I went to your link and found it to be Hilarious and Descriptive of a Whole lot more people than you might realize from Both / All side of "The Aisle".
Maybe You should "Reread" that Definition you so generously provided.

BTW,
Just Exactly which "Highly Credible Outfit" Prints that kind of crap anyway?
[/COLOR]

Oh Crap, Another Sunday Driver.

Last edited by White Dragon; 01-13-2017 at 12:11 AM.
White Dragon is offline  
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Harley's & Bronco's FTW!
 
BikerPepe`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: N.E. WA
Posts: 32,768
Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
iTrader: (4)
Garage
this should go in the jokes file... but I just wanted to put it here:

Quote:
President Trump invited the Pope for lunch on his mega yacht. The Pope accepted and during lunch, a puff of wind blew the Pontiff's hat off, right into the water.
It floated off about 50 feet, then the wind died down and it just floated in place.
The crew and the secret service were scrambling to launch a boat to go get it, when Trump waved them off, saying "Never Mind, boys, I'll get it."
The Donald climbed over the side of the yacht, walked on the water to the hat, picked it up, walked back on the water, climbed onto the yacht, and handed the Pope his hat.
The crew was speechless. The security team and the Pope's entourage were speechless.
No one knew what to say, not even the Pope.
But that afternoon, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN ran the headline "TRUMP CAN'T SWIM!"
johnnyk8 likes this.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
BikerPepe` is online now  
Reply

  Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else > News, Politics and Special Interest

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome