Trump saves 1100 jobs - Ford Bronco Forum
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1995 5.8 &1993 5.8 both sold, all the way back with a 94
Trump saves 1100 jobs

Yes, Trump got carrier to stay by offering 700k for 10 years in tax cuts. Boom, done, great. He is still 50 days from being sworn in. This guy is gonna kick some ass.

Asshole libs have been say'n all day this is gonna cost tax payers. How is giving a tax break to a company that was leaving a cost to tax payers? In fact, they wont be paying unemployment, and they will be getting income taxes. Duh.

Question for the black voters. Since this is the type of job (production and transportation page 4) that over employ's Africans, why would you vote for the other guy (gal) that doesn't lift a finger to keep them here. Of all of these types of jobs, 28% are black folk, (male). You would think blacksters would vote Trump and for more jobs. The liberals have been successful at getting minorities to vote for the sideshow instead of what is in their best interest. Trump has 4 years to convince them otherwise. I welcome my black brothers and sisters into the party that will save your jobs and create more.
Mountain dewd likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 09:14 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1978 Round headlight, 351M,C6, 9", 44/1991, 445 FE, t19, 205, Dana 60/70, MAF, Moet's
Garage
Bought Carrier products for over 20 years, they also conglomerates with other companies. I am not exactly sure as I have been out of the circle but heard Amearican Standard, Lennox and Goodman were merged, that might include TEC ( Temperature Equipment Company) which is the Carrier distributor. There is so much more involved with a deal like this as counter salesmen, distributor warehouse workers, refrigeration supply companies all are affected plus the sub contractors that make circuit boards, motors, stamping, exchangers and coils would all be affected. 1000 jobs is peanuts in the big picture of what is going on in the HVACR industries overall decline. The collapse of the building boom had a huge affect on everyone from the manufacturer to the distributor and then the installer. Was a booming business now a dismal future at best.
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 08:49 AM

Bronco Info: 1990, 351W, E4OD, 4" lift, 12k winch, 35x12.50s, 4.56 gears, Detroit rear, Truetrac front
But, but, but....

Back in June, Obama himself said that it couldn't be done

Obama Mocks Trump Plan To Keep Carrier Jobs In USA

FORMER President Obama. Wow that sounds good...
post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 09:00 AM
on KIK as same

Bronco Info: See Signature
This happened especially close to myself. Live not too far from the Indy plant and my grandparents are only 30 minutes form the Huntington plant. There has been a noticeable shift in the area since this has happened.

The Street Queen: '92 Eddie Bauer- C6 Swap, Roller 357W 400hp/400ft-lbs, SCT Tuned, 4" Lift, 4.10's,
Go Fastish Build: '78 Custom- 4" Deaver Lift, Mild 460, Full Cage, 4.10's
Build Thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...8-project.html
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 10:45 PM

Bronco Info: 1984 bronco, 1995 roller motor w/ carb.
Garage
I hope he can get things turned around. This seems to have been going on since the late 80s - plants closing down, shit going overseas, etc. It needs to change. We need to make things here. We can't be a service based economy, or at least i don't think it will go over well.
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Thread Killa

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco Eddie Bauer edition, 302 MAF, E4OD
it really is bizarre how much the liberals hate saving jobs. They are all up in arms about the 7 million dollar tax deal. well if they had half a brain they would realize that is a deal that will help put alot more money back into taxes. I just wish they could all see this chart from Allen B West.

compare that to Obamas 666 billion dollar stimulus plan that produced 2.4 million jobs it is a real bargain. Obamas stimulus cost the tax payers $278,000 per job. now how stupid of a deal is that. it takes a real moron to say Obamas deal was good and Trumps deal was bad. Trumps deal only cost $636 per job. i cant wait to see what he does next.
bigrob385series likes this.

1994 EB Bronco, 302 MAF, E4OD, BW1356, Slightly Customized Interior
"Demanding something free on top of a discount is just being a Democrat. - Steve83"

My Build Thread - http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=191067
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

I learn as I go, and I am literally sickened by this new liberal movement. The modern liberal is literally mentally ill. If they come to power again, we are toast. I can't even watch the local news for fk sake. They have hijacked my tv and every damn tv show on it. There is no way we will be able to retire in our CA home, the Commies want over 50% of our income. They hate white people, and 1/2 of them are white, lol. Man we f'd up somewhere were we gave them such a voice. I blame federal education standards and higher education. We need to can the whole deal and bring back trade schools and policies that keep those trades going. Liberals Hate Success, it lessons their Voice.
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 02:18 AM

Bronco Info: 1996 EB, 351w, basically stock. 1981 custom 351m, long gone.
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurlyQ View Post
We need to can the whole deal and bring back trade schools and policies that keep those trades going. .
This is the ****ing truth. Not everyone is cut out for college and a desk job. And that's ok.

I have a coworker who was part of a summer program at his junior high where he polished the school floors over the summer. He got paid, stayed out of trouble, and learned a skill. Not to mention the school system didn't pay some minimum wage adult laborer to do it instead.

As an adult, he started a side business cleaning office floors on the weekend. He took his kids with him and taught them the same skills.

That's tough to quantify, though. And that's why these types of programs get cut.
RicoBronco likes this.

it's fun to do bad things

my "build" thread
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 01:02 PM
Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurlyQ View Post
The modern liberal is literally mentally ill. If they come to power again, we are toast. I can't even watch the local news for fk sake. They have hijacked my tv and every damn tv show on it. There is no way we will be able to retire in our CA home, the Commies want over 50% of our income. They hate white people, and 1/2 of them are white, lol. Man we f'd up somewhere were we gave them such a voice. I blame federal education standards and higher education. We need to can the whole deal and bring back trade schools and policies that keep those trades going. Liberals Hate Success, it lessons their Voice.
This really is the entire problem in a nutshell. Liberals HATE SUCCESS. Success defeats their divide and victimize philosophy. They totally hate everything AMERICAN. They believe that WE CANNOT BE GREAT. The cost of being great is totally unfair to some segment of the population, basically those who are too stupid or unwilling to work, or unwilling to quite drinking, smoking weed, or doing drugs to pass a drug test to get an actual job. Liberal philosophy's goal is to divide the country up into US and THEM groups. Then demonize the THEM group and create as many victims in the US group. Then make all the Victims dependent on the government for survival. This increases the size of the government, and makes generation after generation completely dependent on the government. They arent interested in success because success eliminates victims.
RicoBronco likes this.

"Demanding something free on top of a discount is just being a Democrat. - Steve83"

post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Carrier is Apples to Apples with Solyndra

Dumbass Obummer gives Solyndra 535 million in cash and CA gives them a 25 million dollar tax break. Company goes broke in 2 years.

Trump gives a larger company a 700k dollar tax cut per year, and it saves the company and ZERO cost to tax payers. Workers pay income tax and don't collect unemployment and everything else that goes with being dependent.

It is embarrassing Clinton won the popular vote when the difference in policy is so much in America's interest. The libtards have been successful is making the election about the sideshow instead of what should matter to every single American above everything else, the ability to work.
post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 01:02 AM
Retiring Soon

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/E4OD/MassAir/6" lift/4.56's/35x12.5 BFG AT-KO2
Garage
oh come on Burly... that's a serious stretch. Solyndra was obviously a cluster**** but the jobs weren't the reasoning or the focus.
your oversimplifying a situation to make your point and it just looks weak dude. To be fair... any comparison by either side of the two is just stupid.

let the guy get in office and actually do something that's going to help the nation before you all drop on your knees and start blowing Trump-ets.
RicoBronco likes this.

"When life throws you a curve... LEAN INTO IT!"

SuperMotors - Since 2002
post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Bronco Snob

Bronco Info: 1992 XLT 351W • E4OD • 4" lift • TRE flip • 130 amp 3G Alt • Saginaw P.S.• BFG MT KM2 315 75 16
Garage
....I guess then it would have been ok with President Elect Trump, if then Presidents ,Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama would have told him,

"No, Mr.Trump...there is no need for you to buy and rebuild failing resorts and golf courses in other parts of the world, there are plenty here in the U.S....and further, to make sure you DO stay here in the U.S., we will levy a 35% tax on any income made outside the U.S. on resorts and golf courses. Oh yeah..that goes for cheap desk sets, BBQ utensils, and ascots or anything that says Trump on them. Thank You. "

I just can't find anywhere in Article Two, sections 1,2,3, and 4 of the U.S. Constitution where there is ANY authority given to the Chief Executive the power to regulate economies and pick and choose businesses winners. He is giving Carrier a competitive edge in the market. That is NOT within his scope of power. NO different than what Obama did with Solyndra.

Saving Jobs is good. Great. He could have done this with a 15% corp. tax rate alone WITHOUT exerting Executive power he does not hold.

Some good, some bad, anyone who was honest with themselves about Trump knew we were going to get this.
BikerPepe` likes this.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a higher degree of both. - Milton Friedman -
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 11:27 AM

Bronco Info: (4)78/79 Bronco, 1979 F150 Supercab 4x4, 1977 F250 Highboy
I see here we have someone who thinks this is more of free trade deal than anything. I disagree. This is about our Country. I say screw the rest of the world. Remember there is no "Free" The countries that produce the lowest cost goods do so at the expense of their laborers, their country and our worlds environment. They do this in the name of free trade and the "Us and Them" mentality. If it seems that Carrier is getting a market advantage then maybe some of the other companies should move back here and take advantage of the tax breaks? I bet Mr. Trump will putting that deal out there as well making it more expensive to produce out of country and import. Sorry, but a lot of us see some common sense in that. More workers in this country means more money in the gvt's pocket without digging deeper in mine. "Free" Trade has all but destroyed "Made in the USA"
Swamp
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Bronco Snob

Bronco Info: 1992 XLT 351W • E4OD • 4" lift • TRE flip • 130 amp 3G Alt • Saginaw P.S.• BFG MT KM2 315 75 16
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
I see here we have someone who thinks this is more of free trade deal than anything. I disagree. This is about our Country. I say screw the rest of the world. Remember there is no "Free" The countries that produce the lowest cost goods do so at the expense of their laborers, their country and our worlds environment. They do this in the name of free trade and the "Us and Them" mentality. If it seems that Carrier is getting a market advantage then maybe some of the other companies should move back here and take advantage of the tax breaks? I bet Mr. Trump will putting that deal out there as well making it more expensive to produce out of country and import. Sorry, but a lot of us see some common sense in that. More workers in this country means more money in the gvt's pocket without digging deeper in mine. "Free" Trade has all but destroyed "Made in the USA"
Swamp
IF I am that "someone" you are referring to, your premise is completely off starting at the first sentence. No where did I mention Free Trade 'deal'. This is a Constitutional issue for me. Is it alright with you that a President (who by the way isn't even President yet) can do this on a whim? What precedent did Obama set and now Trump continue by using Executive power that is not there? Will you be happy when the next Liberal Democrat President says...'You know what..all companies that do not unionize 100% will have to pay a 50% higher tax rates than companies that do.'
Why could that not happen?
These powers are just not meant to be given to a President.
Carrier has been given a market advantage because it is receiving $7 million in tax breaks that other competitors in the field are not. One single company getting preference. Why can one man, or administration do this?

Re: Free Trade. Trade is inherently free. Trade was there before Governments were instilled by men, and it is only NOT free because of Tariffs, Taxes, Quotas, and regulations put on trade BY Governments to gain revenue, regulate markets, and control companies in the name of 'protecting workers' and 'nationalism'.
BikerPepe`, johnnyk8 and dash_cam like this.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a higher degree of both. - Milton Friedman -
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoBronco View Post
....I guess then it would have been ok with President Elect Trump, if then Presidents ,Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama would have told him,

"No, Mr.Trump...there is no need for you to buy and rebuild failing resorts and golf courses in other parts of the world, there are plenty here in the U.S....and further, to make sure you DO stay here in the U.S., we will levy a 35% tax on any income made outside the U.S. on resorts and golf courses. Oh yeah..that goes for cheap desk sets, BBQ utensils, and ascots or anything that says Trump on them. Thank You. "

I just can't find anywhere in Article Two, sections 1,2,3, and 4 of the U.S. Constitution where there is ANY authority given to the Chief Executive the power to regulate economies and pick and choose businesses winners. He is giving Carrier a competitive edge in the market. That is NOT within his scope of power. NO different than what Obama did with Solyndra.

Saving Jobs is good. Great. He could have done this with a 15% corp. tax rate alone WITHOUT exerting Executive power he does not hold.

Some good, some bad, anyone who was honest with themselves about Trump knew we were going to get this.

The Tax deal is with the state of Indiana, which Pence is the governor of, and has the authority to do so.

Personally I dont give a crap what he does as long as it is good for american jobs and the economy.

post #16 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Bronco Snob

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowens1126 View Post
The Tax deal is with the state of Indiana, which Pence is the governor of, and has the authority to do so.
That is a fact. Although Trump loves to take credit, and Pence is part of the Trump Administration...but the principal still applies ....and Pence isn't threatening companies with a 35% penalty if they leave the country.

And what about the appearance of impropriety?

Carrier's parent company, United Technologies, has approx 6.7 billion in Federal contracts.
Is this not crony capitalism, only because it's being done by Trump?

Quote:
Personally I dont give a crap what he does as long as it is good for american jobs and the economy.
C'mon j!...that is NOTHING but justifying the Outcome by the Means...a very liberal democratic way of thinking, a way of thinking that you just spent a post rallying against.
BikerPepe` and dash_cam like this.

post #17 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:52 PM
Thread Killa

I have faith in Trump. I know he will do the right thing for everyone, and it will piss off the liberals like no one has ever. I have my popcorn ready to watch it unfold. I just hope he wears body armor alot because he has lots of enemies and they multiply daily.

post #18 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
FSM Lifetime

Free Trade is really a misnomer, it is more of a theory as opposed to a practice. Here., just one example So basically when we see the trade imbalances we must do something. We can't compete with people that earn 2 dollars an hour. Furthermore, China has become an almost impossible market to have new goods made there. So basically they are a monopoly to what they have already established. The conservatives ran the republican party and still influence3 it, the question is is there room for working man republicans and some compromising that could be met, because if we don't we will lose this country to the fkin liberals again. Conservatives and working man republicans, figure it out fella's and ladies. The alternative is good for neither of you.
post #19 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Thread Killa

china's economy doesnt operate like ours. Most of their companies are owned by the government and dont need to make a profit. They are just there to keep people employed so they dont go off and do something stupid.

post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 10:58 AM
Bronco Snob

Garage
Trump Chooses Oklahoma Attorney General to head EPA.
....like I said, good and bad will come with Trump, because he doesn't have a idealogical bone in his body. THIS is Awesome. https://www.conservativereview.com/c...te-change-regs

From the article:

'The Oklahoma AG is a vocal critic of the EPA’s regulatory overreach and disagrees with the claim that global warming science is settled. Instead, he believes the relationship between man’s activities and global warming needs vigorous debate.'

And what's even better is Trump chose Scott Pruitt after he had a meeting with Climate hoaxer Al Gore. LOLOLOLOL

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > Anything Else > News, Politics and Special Interest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode